Assistant Professor of Surgery
Rutgers, New Jersey Medical School
A. Undergraduate Graduate
New Haven, CT
BS – (Philosophy and Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics) 5/1996
B. Graduate and Professional
MS – Physiology (Distinction in the Major) 6/1999
Georgetown University School of Medicine
MD (Cum Laude) 6/2003
Internship and Residencies
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
Integrated Plastic Surgery
Flowers Clinic, Honolulu, HI
Edward S. Lee, M.D. is the residency training Program Director of Plastic Surgery at Rutgers NJMS. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery. Dr. Lee grew up in North Brunswick, NJ and attended The Lawrenceville School. He graduated from Yale University with a double major in Philosophy and Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics. He then completed an MD from the Georgetown University School of Medicine. His internship and plastic surgery residency training were performed at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Lee is certified by the American Boards of Plastic Surgery. His clinical practice includes all aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Body contouring
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reconstruction
- Hand surgery
- Head and neck reconstruction
- Skin cancer treatment
- Wound care
|2013-present||Residency Program Director||Department of Surgery-Division of Plastic Surgery, Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School|
|2013-present||Clinical Assistant Professor|
|2012 –2013||Program Director||Department of Surgery-Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – New Jersey Medical School|
|2009-2010||Clinical Assistant Professor||Department of Plastic Surgery, Touro University Medical School, Hackensack, NJ|
- Davison S, Lee E, Heckler F. Removal of a Fractured Jackson Pratt Drain Using CT-Guided Wire Localization, Wounds; 15(4):123-5, April 2003.
- Davison S, Lee E, Martorell’s Ulcer Revisited Wounds; 15(6):208-12, July 2003.
- Pelletiere C, Lee E, Spear S, Thoracic Hypoplasia: A Unique Syndrome Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery;113(1):69-77; discussion 78-9, January 2004.
- Deleyiannis FWB, Rogers C, Lee E, et al. Prognosis as a determinant of free flaputilization for reconstruction of the lateral mandibular defect. Head and Neck; (12):1061-8, Dec 2006.
- Deleyiannis FWB, Rogers C, Lee E, et al. Reconstruction of the LateralMandibulectomy Defect: Management Based on Prognosis and Location and Volumeof Soft Tissue Resection. Laryngoscope; 116(11):2071-80, November 2006.
- Sood A, Paik A, Lee E, Lower Lip Reconstruction: Karapandzic Flap, ePlasty, Jan 13, 2013, v13, e location ic-17.
- Pastor C, Therattil P, Lee E, Primary Rhinoplasty, ePlasty, Jan 15, 2013, v13, e location ic3.
- Ingargiola M, Daniali L, Lee E, Granick M, Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, ePlasty, Jan 21, 2013, v 13, e location ic11.
- Claffey K, Farrell K, Tanks S, Oliver M, Torres J, Gill C, Lee E, Telehealth (Virtual Health) for Wound Management: Veterans Administration New Jersey Healthcare System (VANJHCS) Spinal Cord Injury and Disorders Center Experience, Journal of Wound Technology, V20, 24-28,April 2013
- Maerki J, Ahmed S, Lee E, Primary Mucinous Carcinoma of the Skin, ePlasty June 18, 2013.
- Bongu A, Lee ES, Peters SR, Chokshi RJ, Locally Aggressive and Multicentric Recurrent Extraocular Sebaceous Carcinoma: Case Report and Literature Review, Eplasty Aug 21, 2013.
- Ingargiola MJ, Daniali LN, Lee E, Does the Application of Incisional Negative Pressure Therapy to High-Risk Wounds Prevent Surgical Site Complications? A Systematic Review, ePlasty Sep 20, 2013. PMID PMC3782142
- Paik A, Sood A, Murth L, Eloy J, Lee EA look inside the courtroom: an analysis of 292 cosmetic breast surgery malpractice cases, Aesthetic Surgery Journal Jan 2014 1;34(1):79-86. PMID 24396074.
- Paik A, Mady LJ,Sood A, Lee E Beyond the operating room: A look at legal liability in body contouring, Aesthetic Surgery Journal , Jan 2014; 34(1) 106-13. PMID 24259355
- Sood A, Therattil PJ, Paik AM, Simspon MF, Lee ES, Treatment of dupuytren disease with injectable collagenase in a veteran population: a case series at the department of veterans affairs new jersey health care system, Eplasty, Mar 27 2014:14;e13. PMID 24741384
- Heller DS, Houck K, Lee ES, Granick MS, Clear cell adenocarcinoma of the abdominal wall: a case report. J Reproduct Med May-Jun 2014, 59(5-6);330-332. PMID 24937978.
- Parcells AL, Lee ES, Fleegler EJ: Merkel Cell Carcinoma of the Hand. J Hand Surg Am, 2014 Jul:39(7):1421-3.
- Hoppe IC, Kordahi AM, Paik AM, Lee ES, Granick MS, Pediatric facial fractures as a result of gunshot injuries: an examination of associated injuries and trends in management, J Craniofac Surg 2014, 25(2) 400-405. PMID 24561367.
- Therattil PJ, Hoppe IC, Granick MS, Lee ES: Application of the h-Index in Academic Plastic Surgery, Ann Plast Surg, 2014, Nov 21, PMID 25422983.
- Parcells AL, Lee ES, Fleegler EJ, Merkel Cell Carcinoma of the Hand, Jul 2014; 39(7):1421-1423. PMID 24679492.
- Hoppe IC, Kordahi AM, Paik AM, Lee ES, Granick MS: Examination of Life-Threatening Injuries in 431 Pediatric Facial Fractures at a Levl 1 Trauma Center. J Craniofac Surg, 2014 Sep:25(5):1825-8. PMID 25203578.
- Chung S, Sod A, Lee ES, Principles of Management in Isolated Dorsal DIP joint Dislocations. Eplasty, 2014, Sept 19:14:icc33. ECollection 2014, PMID: 25328578.
- Hoppe IC, Kordahi AM, Paik AM, Lee ES, Granick MS, Age and sex-related differences in 431 pediatric facial fractures at a level 1 trauma center, JCranio-maxillofacial Surgery, Oct 2014, 1408-11, PMID 24864073.
- Paik AK, May L, Sood A, Elroy JA, Lee E, A Look Inside the Courtroom: An analysis of 292 Cosmetic Breast Surgery Medical Malpractice Cases. Plast Reconstr Surgy, 2014, Oct,14(4 Suppl 1):119, PMID 25254841..
- Paik Am, May L, Sood A, Lee E, Beyond the Operting Room: A Look at Legal Liability in Body Contouring Procedures. Plast Reconstr Surgery, 2014, Oct:134(4 Suppl 1): 119-20, PMID 25254842.
- Viviano SL, Hahn E Jr, Lee ES, Keith JD: The Leech Condo: An Innovative Approach to Containing Leeches on a Congested Flap. Eplasty, 2015, Apr 8:15:ic21, PMID 25987944.
- Karian LS, Chung SY, Lee ES: Reconstruction of Defects After Fournier Gangrene: A Systematic Review. Eplasty, 2015, May 26;15:e18.
- Hoppe IC, Kordahi AM, Lee ES, Granick MS: Pediatric Facial Fractures: Interpersonal Violence as a Mechanism of Injury. J Craniofac Surg 2015 Jul:26(5): 1446-9. PMID: 26106996.