Urology Clinical Instructor
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Phone: (501) 352-5519
- Sep 1993 - Sep 1999: Graduation in MEDICINE. Universidade Federal Fluminense, UFF, Niterói, RJ - Brazil.
- Feb 2001 - Jan 2003: Hospital Geral de Nova Iguaçu, HGNI, Brazil. Medical Residence in: General Surgery Registry Number: CNRM SESU/MEC: 65364-1. Grantee of: Ministério da Saúde, MS – Nova Iguaçu, RJ - Brazil.
- Feb 2004 - Jan 2006: Hospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho, HUCFF-UFRJ, Brazil. Medical Residence in: Urology Registry Number: CNRM/SESU/MEC: 93496. Grantee of: Ministério da Saúde, MS – Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brazil.
- Nov 2014: USMLE Step 01, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. Approved: 18/11/2014
- Aug 2015: USMLE Step 02 CK, ECFMG Approved: 08/27/2015
- May 2016: USMLE Step 02 CS, ECFMG Approved: 02/05/2016
- Oct 2016: USMLE Step 03, Federation of State Medical Boards. Approved: 10/26/2016
- 2003: Advanced Trauma Life Support - ATLS. (Credit Hours: 20h) Sociedade Brasileira de
- Traumatologia e Ortopedia, SBOT, Brazil.
- Sep 2009 - Apr 2010: Fellowship in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery (Credit Hours: 1040h).
- Clinique Saint Augustin - Bordeaux, CSA-BDX, Françe.
- Jun 2014: Visiting Clinician. (Credit Hours: 160h) Mayo Clinic. Rochester, MN - USA.
- Oct 2017: Da Vinci Robot Certification. Intuitive Surg. Training Center. Atlanta, GA – USA 10/18/2017
Dr. Bruno Lopes Cancado Machado is a Clinical Instructor in the UAMS Department of Urology. Dr. Machado received his medical degree at the Fluminense Federal University (UFF) in Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 1999. He completed his residency in General Surgery at Hospital Geral de Nova Iguacu (HGNI), Brazil (2001-2003). Afterwards, he completed his residency in Urology at the Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho (HUCFF-UFRJ), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2004-2006). Following his residency, Dr. Machado completed a Laparoscopic Robotic Surgery Fellowship at the Clinique Saint Augustin, Bordeaux, France (2009-2010). His professional experience includes practicing at the Clinica Pro Uro, Ltda. (private practice) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2007-2016). Dr. Machado also worked as a Medical Staff at the Hospital Federal de Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where he was one of the residency instructors. He joined the UAMS Urology Department team on August 2017.
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Urotelial Cancer
- KIdney Cancer
- Kidney stones
- Overall Urological Pathologies
- Laparoscopic and Robotic urological surgeries
- Endoscopic Urological procedures
- Minimally invasive urological procedures
- Aug 2017 - present: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Little Rock –AR, USA. Urology Clinical Instructor
- Jul 2007 - Jul 2016: Pro Uro, PRO URO, Rio de Janeiro – RJ, Brazil. Partner, Functional Placement
- Sep 2008 - Apr 2013: Hospital Federal de Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro – RJ, Brazil. Urology Medical Staff, Functional Placement
- Jan 2001 - Jan 2002: Força Aérea Brasileira (FAB) [Brazilian Air Force], Rio de Janeiro – RJ, Brazil. General Surgery Staff, 2nd Lieutenant (Enlistement – Military Reserve)
- SFORZA, MARCOS; ZACCHEDDU, RENATO; CANCADO, B.L.; SFORZA, DEBORAH. A rare case of penis fracture after nocturnal unconscious manipulation in a child: A case Report. Journal of Surgery: Open Access, v. 3 p. (on-line), 2017. DOI: 10.16966/2470-0991.138
- SFORZA, MARCOS; ZACCHEDDU, RENATO; CANCADO, B.L; SFORZA, DEBORAH. A case of 25-year-old giant neurofibromatosis. Plastic and Aesthetic Research, (on-line) v. 3, p. 279-81, 2016. DOI: 10.20517/2347-9264.2016.46
- DE FREITAS MIRANDA, ALEXANDRE; CANCADO, B.L. Penile prosthesis implant with bi-triangular excision and graft for surgical therapy of Peyronie’s disease: A case report. Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Andrologia, v. 87, p. 337-338, 2016 DOI: 10.4081/aiua.2015.4.337
- CANCADO, B.L.; MIRANDA, LUIZ CARLOS; MADEIRA, MIGUEL; FARIAS, MARIA LUCIA FLEIUSS. Importance of bone assessment and prevention of osteoporotic fracture in patients with prostate cancer in the gonadotropic hormone analogues use. Revista do Colégio Brasileiro de Cirurgiões (press), v. 42, p. 62-66, 2015. DOI: 10.1590/0100-69912015001012
- CANCADO, B.L; MIRANDA, L. C. D.; FARIAS, M. L. F.; MADEIRA, M. Bone Mineral Density in Prostate Cancer Patients with Drug Induced Hypogonadism. Journal of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Obesity, v. 2, p. 1016, (on-line) 2014.
- CURCIO, L.; CANÇADO, B.; CUNHA, A. C.; RENTERIA, J.; GUSMÃO, F.; DI BIASE, G. Laparoscopic Circuncaval Ureteral Repair with Concomitant Laparoscopic-Guided Nephroscopic Calculi Extraction. International Brazilian Journal of Urology (press) , v. 35, p. 753-754, 2009. DOI: 10.1590/S1677-55382009000600003.
- Rey D ; CANCADO, B. L. ; MONTES, V. E. C. ; Thierry Piechaud ; D ́Orazio OA . LAPAROSCOPIC MITROFANOFF APPENDICOVESICOSTOMY FOR URINARY CONTINENCE: THE SAINT AUGUSTIN TECHNIQUE.2012.
- Thierry Piechaud; Alejandro D'Orazio; CANCADO, B.L. ROBOT-ASSISTED SACRALCOLPOPEXYFOR STAGE III CYSTOCELE AND GRADE II RECTOCELE. 2012.
- GUIDA JUNIOR, R.; CANCADO, B. L.; MATTOS, R. C. Nefrectomia Laparoscópica e Nefroureterectomia. In: Urologia Brasil, 1a edição Capítulo 118, São Paulo. Plamark. 1. ed. São Paulo: Plamark, 2013. v.1.1069-81 p.