Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry
- 2006 – 2008, Post-doctoral Study, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
- 2006, Ph.D. in Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry), Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York, USA
- 1998, B.Sc. in Chemistry, Marmara University, Kadikoy, Istanbul, Turkey
He was born 1977, Turkey; B.S. in Chemistry, Marmara University, Istanbul-Turkey (1998); Ph.D. Clarkson University with Prof. Petr Zuman, Potsdam, New York, USA, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry (2006); Post-doctoral Fellow, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University with James M. Tanko, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA (2006-2008); Faculty member: Assistant Professor, Near East University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Nicosia, TRNC (2008-2010); Assistant Professor, Yeditepe University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul, Turkey, (2010 - ); Member: The Electrochemical Society; The American Chemical Society; International Society of Electrochemistry.
- Reaction mechanism of drugs by using electroanalytical methods.
- Organic electrochemistry
- Determination of acid dissociation constants of drugs and their derivatives.
- Development of analytical methods for drugs and theirs metabolites
- Mechanistic studies of anti-inflammatory drugs
Near East University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Nicosia
Yeditepe University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul, Turkey
Honors and Awards
- Nazan Karsavuran, Mohammad Charehsaz, Hayati Celik, Bayram Murat Asma, Cengiz Yakıncı and Ahmet Aydın, “Amygdalin in bitter and sweet seeds of apricots” Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry, (2015) 1-7.
- Melek Sirin Baymak, Hayati Celik, and Sibel A. Ozkan, “The Application of Differential Pulse Polarography to the Analysis of Capecitabine and Investigation of Its Electroreduction Mechanism”J. Electrochem. Soc., 162(6) (2015) G29-G35.
- Mohammad Charehsaz, Didem Guven, Aylin Bakanoglu, Hayati Celik, Reyhan Ceyhan, Dilek Demir Erol, Ahmet Aydin, “Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic and Nickel Content of Toy Samples Marketed in Turkey” Turk. J. Pharm. Sci., 11(3) (2014) 263-268.
- Hayati Celik, Etil Ariburnu, Melek Sirin Baymak and Erdem Yesilada, “A Rapid Validated HPLC Method for Determination of Sulforaphane and Glucoraphanin in Broccoli and Red Cabbage prepared by various cooking techniques” Anal. Methods, 6 (2014) 4559.
- Hayati Celik, Mahmure Büyükağa, Mustafa Çelebier, Ebru Turkoz Acar, Melek Sirin Baymak, Nesrin Gökhan-Kelekçi, Erhan Palaska, Hakkı Erdoğan, “Determination of pKa Values of Some Benzoxazoline Derivatives and Structure-Activity Relationship” J. Chem. Eng. Data, 58 (2013) 1589.
- Hayati Celik, Jiri Ludvík and Petr Zuman, "Less Common Reduction Patterns of Some Oximes" Electrochimica Acta, 52 (2007) 1990.
- Hayati Celik, Jiri Ludvík and Petr Zuman "Reduction pattern of isomeric monoximes of asymmetric diketones; differences between polarographic, voltammetric and preparative electrolysis" Electrochemistry Communications, 8 (2006) 1749.
- Hayati Celik, Jiri Ludvík and Petr Zuman, "Two Reduction Waves of Oximes and Imine Formation in Acidic Media" Electrochimica Acta, 51 (2006) 5845.
- Hayati Celik, G. Ekmekci, Jiri Ludvík, J. Pícha and Petr Zuman, "Electroreduction of Aromatic Oximes: Diprotonation, Adsorption, Imine Formation, and Substituent Effects" Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 110 (2006) 6785.
- Melek Sirin Baymak, Hayati Celik, Henning Lund and Petr Zuman "Reduction of Diprotonated Form of Aryl Hydrazones" Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 589 (2006) 7.
- Melek Sirin Baymak, Hayati Celik, Henning Lund and Petr Zuman "Experimental evidence of formation of imines in the course of reduction of hydrazones" Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 581 (2005) 284.
- Melek Sirin Baymak, William James Bover, Hayati Celik, Petr Zuman "Electroreduction and oxidation of terephthal aldehyde and the role of hydration" Electro chimica Acta 50 (2005) 1347.
- Petr Zuman, William James Bover, Melek Sirin Baymak and Hayati Celik Electrochemistry of Terephthalaldehyde" Electrochem. Soc. Proc. 10 (2004) 49.
- Hayati Celik, Jiri Ludvik and Petr Zuman "Contribution to electro reduction of oximes " Electrochem. Soc. Proc. 10 (2004) 173.
- Melek Sirin Baymak, Hayati Celik, Jiri Ludvik, Henning Lund and Petr Zuman "Diprotonated hydrazones and oximes as reactive intermediates in electrochemical reductions" Tetrahedron Letters, 45 (2004) 5113.
- Melek Sirin Baymak, Hayati Celik, Henning Lund and Petr Zuman "Contribution to Electroreduction of hydrazones” Electrochem. Soc. Proc. 12 (2003) 93.
- Petr Zuman, D. Rozbroj, Jiri. Ludvik, M. Aleksic, Lauren Camaione and Hayati Celik "The use of limiting currents in determination of the effect of viscosity in electrochemical experiments performed in mixtures of water with some organic co-solvents" Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 553 (2003) 135.