Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics
Western New England University
- 2006 – 2013, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 1994 – 2000, Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tehran, Iran
Currently, I am the principal investigator on several research projects including “Synthesis, Characterization, and Pharmacokinetic (PK) Studies of Novel Chemotherapeutic Derivatives”, “Influence of the Pro-inflammatory Cytokines on Expression of the Intestinal P-gp; a Drug Disease Interaction Study”, and “Modulatory Effect of Calcitriol, Vit C, BHA, BHT, and Silibinin on influx protein, ENT1, and efflux pumps, MRP1, MRP5, P-gp in pancreatic cancer cells.I am primarily interested in Drug Discovery and Development, Physical Pharmacy, Dosage Forms, Biopharmaceutics, Compounding, Pharmacokinetics, and Drug Metabolism, I am equally motivated in taking up courses which are not directly related to my area of expertise, but are broadly within the area of my knowledge.
Pharmacokinetics, Drug discovery, Drug development, Bioavailability and Bioequivalence.
|2015-Present||Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics||Western New England University, Springfield, Massachusetts, USA|
|2014 – 2015||Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics||Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, New York, USA|
|2013 – 2014||Postdoctoral Research Fellow||Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Albany, New York, USA|
|2010-2013||Licensed Pharmacist in Canada||Shoppers Drug Mart, Edmonton, Canada|
|2002 –2006||Manager||Quality Control and Research & Development Aburaihan Pharmaceutical Company, Tehran, Iran|
Honors and Awards
- Vandhana Muralidharan-Chari, Hamed Gilzad-Kohan, Alex Asimakopoulos, Thangirala Sudha, Stewart Sell, Kannan Kurunthachalam, Mehdi Boroujerdi, Shaker A Mousa1Removal of Therapeutic Drugs by Microvesicles Contributes to Drug Resistance in Cancer Cells., in preparation, 2015
- Gilzad-Kohan, M.H; Boroujerdi, M, Time Course and dose dependency of Influx and Efflux Protein Expression after Treatment with Gemcitabine in Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Xenobiotica,2015; 1-11, (doi: 10.3109/00498254.2014.1001809)
- Gilzad-Kohan, M.H; Kaur, K.; Jamali, F. A Novel Peptide Pro-drug of Glucosamine with Enhanced Gut Permeability. PLoS One. 2015 May 15;10(5):e0126786. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0126786. eCollection 2015
- Gilzad-Kohan, M. H.; K. Kaur and Jamali, F. The Antiinflammatory Action and Pharmacokinetics of a Novel Di-Peptide Aminosugar. J Pharm Pharm Sci (www.cspsCanada.org) 16(2) 279 - 288, 2013
- Gilzad-Kohan, M. H.; Jamali, F. Glucosamine and adjuvant arthritis: a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study. Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 47, 387-393.
- Ibrahim, A.; Gilzad-Kohan, M. H.; Aghazadeh-Habashi, A.; Jamali, F. Absorption and bioavailability of glucosamine in the rat. J. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 101, 2574-2583.
- Agahzadeh-Habashi, A.; Gilzad-Kohan, M.; Jamali, F. Glucosamine Dose-Effect Correlation in Adjuvant Arthritis Rat. Journal of Osteoarthritis Cartilage. Submitted 2013.
- M. H. D. Kamal Al-Hallak, Muhammad Khan Sarfraz, Shirzad Azarmi, M. H. Gilzad Kohan, Wilson H. Roa, and Raimar Löbenberg, Microcalorimetric Method to Assess Phagocytosis: Macrophage- Nanoparticle Interactions, AAPS J. 2011 March; 13(1): 20–29.