Assistant Professor of Physiology
MGR Medical University
|Degree||Institution and location||Year|
|PhD||SRM University, Chennai||2014|
|MD||JIPMER, Puducherry||2006 - 2009|
|MBBS||Tirunelveli Medical College, Tamilnadu||1998 – 2004|
Dr. M.Rajajeyakumar, MBBS, MD (Physiology), MSc Yoga, CCEBDM (PHFI), (PhD), has completed his MD Physiology,(2006-2009) at (JIPMER- An Institution of National Importance under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India). He worked as research assistant (2009-2012) in Advanced Centre for Yoga Therapy, Education & Research Lab, and JIPMER. He has published more than 50 research papers and serving as an expert reviewer (>28) and editorial board member (>52) in many national and international journals. Invited for honorable guest Speaker in Fitness-2015, Philadelphia, USA, and Speaker and chairperson for the international conference 9 th Indo global summit on cancer therapy -2015, India. He was selected as Speaker and chairperson for 12th, 13th& 14th AsiaPacificMedicalEducationConference-3rd, 4th & 5th International Conference on Faculty Development in the Health Professions, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS, Singapore 2015,16 & 17. He presented his scientific paper in World Diabetes Congress Dec-2015, IDF, Vancouver, Canada. He appointed as Advisory Council members of Pure Action, Yoga is Medicine, Austin, TX 78703, USA. He was as one of the Organizing Committee Member (Traditional 2017) at Paris, France, and also CME on Obesity, at Dubai, 2017. He also appointed as Scientific Committee Member for “World Congress on Gynecology, Obstetrics & Reproductive Health, 2018 at Bangkok, Thailand.
Dr. M.Rajajeyakumar has been actively involved in research. His special research experience is in Yoga, autonomic, cognitive, cardio-respiratory, neurophysiology and medical education. He had trained with basic Physiological procedures including human and animal experimental physiology; pulmonary function test (PFT), autonomic function test (AFT), HRV (heart rate variability), EMG (electromyography),& NCS (nerve conduction study) related research.
|Positions held||Name of the Institute||From||To|
|Junior Resident/Tutor||Department of Physiology, JIPMER, Pondicherry–605006, India.||01-04-2006||31-03-2009|
|Senior Resident||Department of Physiology, JIPMER, Pondicherry–605006, India.||04-05- 2009||03-05- 2012|
|Assistant Professor||Department of Physiology, DSMCH, Siruvachur, Perambalur– 621 113.India||04-05- 2012||20-10- 2012|
|Assistant Professor||Department of Physiology, CMCH& RC, Irungalur, Trichy – 621 105, India.||22-10- 2012||Till Date|
- Received young researcher award in the year of 2014-15, IMA Lalkudi, Trichy
- Special Editorial board award from J PsycholPsychothery, child Pscyhology -2016, London, 06-08-10-2016, UK
- Bharat Vikas Award- 2017, Delhi
- Bharat Joythi Award-2017, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Desika R, Rajajeyakumar M, Swetha, Elanthamizhalan, Karthikeyan, Akshara and Naganiveditha (2017) Early Assessment and Preventing the Onset of Obesity and Overweight. Obes Control Ther 4(2):1-2.
- Rock B, Suriyan J, Vijay B, Thalha N, Elango S, Rajajeyakumar M. Organic Food and Health: a systematic review. Journal of Community Medicine and ealth Education 2017; 7 (3) : 532-538. IF: 2.15 (Index Copernicus value: 83.32).
- 3.Sadagopan AswithaPriya, Manivel Rajajeyakumar, Marimuthu Anushuya, NagarajHareish, Ratnam Krithikka, et al. (2017) Prevalence of Smart Phone Users at Risk for Developing Cell Phone Vision Syndrome among College Students. J PsycholPsychother 7: (3): 1-3.IF: 0.94 (Index Copernicus value: 66.26).
- L. Manivannan, M. Rajajeyakumar, N. Prabhusaran, R. Elangovan, A. Acute Effect of Yoga Training and Aerobic Exercise on Fasting Blood Sugar and Aggression in Obesity. International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET) 2017; 5 (2): 103-108.
- L. Manivannan, M. Rajajeyakumar, N. Prabhusaran, R. Elangovan, A. Sundhararajan. Effect of yoga and aerobic exercises on selected red blood cells and mean arterial blood pressure among obese men. Ejbps 2017; 4 (1): 150-154.
2016 (13) - IF: 18.85, ICV: 225.71
- Prabhusaran, Rajajeyakumar. Scenario of Leptospiral Vaccines for Humans and Animals.International Journal of Vaccines and Immune System.2016; 1: (1); 21-23.
- Sivaraman S, Rajajeyakumar M (2016) Psychiatric Aspects of Hyponatremia – A Clinical Approach. J PsycholPsychother; 6: (6) e111. IF: 0.94 (Index Copernicus value: 66.26).
- Kishore S, Rajajeyakumar M, Sukumaran A, Pawar GS. Pattern of effectiveness of child wellbeing among school children – a systematic review. J Psychiatry 2016; 19(5) : 62. IF: 1.85 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M, Aswitha Priya MS, Ajanta, Janitha A, Ramanaa M. Influence of cosmetics on the self confidence level among young college women. J Psychiatry 2016; 19 (5): 35. IF:1.85 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M, Anushuya M, Sarayu V, Tamizhanban M, Gnanavel Raja A. Impact of facial image and appearance on mental health, personality and confidence level of young adult female. J Psychiatry 2016; 19 ;(5): 56. IF:1.85 (Index Copernicus)
- Sushmitha S, Rajajeyakumar M, Sukumaran A, Pawar GS. Pattern of psycho physiological changes among students involved in a love affair and not involved in a love affair. J Psychiatry 2016 :(5); 19: 40. IF:1.85 (Index Copernicus)
- Aswitha Priya, Rajajeyakumar M, Anushuya M, Tamilsudar, Genickson J. Identifying risk of impulsive suicidal ideation among young adults: a cognitive based behavioral therapy approach. J Psychiatry 2016; 19: (5); 59. IF:1.85 (Index Copernicus).
- Rajajeyakumar SM, Nachal AA, Pawar GS, Gnanvelraja C, Prabu Elango PR, Janitha CA. Is There a Need for Introducing Open Book Assessment Method in First-Year Medical Curriculum? A Preliminary Study. Medical Education 2016; 50( S2): 17.Pubmed indexed IF: 3.369.
- Tamilarasi R, Arunmozhi R, Karthick Raja V, Rajajeyakumar M. A study to assess the knowledge and practice of hand washing among school going adolescents in Chennai. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research 2016; 6 (8) : 147-155. IF: 3.5 (Index Copernicus value 92.82 & Scope Med).
- Ramya C, Rajan G, Ramakrishna RKV, Rajajeyakumar M, Babu. Influence of cleansing technique (Neti) on Allergic rhinitis, common cold and sinusitis. Journal of Traditional Medicine and Clinical Naturopathy 2016; 5 (2) : e121. IF: 0.5.
- Pratheepa SN, Suresh KS, Sundarapandian S, Kaur S, Rajajeyakumar M. Cadaveric anatomy in relation with clinical anatomy – a new vision. MOJ Anatomy and Physiology 2016; 2(5): 00062.
- Sivakumaran N, Sathish E, Radhakrishnan K, Raghavan S, Rajajeyakumar M, Radhakrishnan TK, hemalatha K, Sankaranarayanan S. Importance of classification algorithms in epileptic seizure detection. Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Science 2016; 6(3): 1000193. IF: 1.0 (Index Copernicus value: 66.63)
- Prem B, Vishnupriya H, Rajajeyakumar M. Madanmohan T. Measuring respiratory pressures with mercury manometer in low economic health care settings – an analytical study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2016; 10: (1): 12-15. Pubmed indexed IF: 0.3
2015 (13): IF: 15.09, ICV: 427.37
- Rajajeyakumar M. Effect of yoga type of breathing on RR interval variability and sympatho-vagal balance early interventions to prevent the future risk of obesity related complications. J Obes Weight Loss Ther 2015; 5: (3) :47. IF: 0.752 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M. Integration of traditional mind body interventions with conventionsal weight loss therapy to restore homeostatic set point in obese individuals. J Obes Weight Loss Ther 2015; 5: (3); 52. IF: 0.752 (Index Copernicus).
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A. Exposure of articial bright light at night on sleep pattern, biological clock rhythm and future risk of breast cancer. Journal of Cancer Science and Therapeutics 2015; 7: (10) ;40. IF: 3.09 (Index Copernicus value : 5.13).
- Jeyakeerthi S, Subbu Lakshmi M, Rajajeyakumar M, Niranjana D. Barriers to perform early screening and practice of breast self-examination among high risk young adults. Journal of Cancer Science and Therapeutics 2015; 7: (10); 84. IF: 3.09 (Index Copernicus value : 5.13)
- Kader Sahib A, Chenniappan M, Rajajeyakumar M. Is non-high density lipoprotein cholesterol (non HDL-C) a better predictor of future risk of cardiovascular mortality? Biochem Physiol 2015; 4: (3);e137. IF: 0.8 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M. Impact of somatotype on anthropometric measurements of body fat distribution in young adult population. Journal of obesity and weight loss therapy 2015; 5(1): 1-2. IF: 0.752 (Index Copernicus).
- Rajajeyakumar M, Chenniappan M, Janitha A. Importance of sinus arrhythmia and artifact. Clinical interpretation of abnormal ECG patterns in the absence of heart disease. J Bioengineering and Biomedical Science 2015; 5(2): 157-158. IF: 1.0 (Index Copernicus value: 66.63)
- Nachal Annamalai, Rajajeyakumar M, Rajendran P. Small group discussion: student’s perspectives. International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research 2015; 5(1): 18-20.Pubmed indexed IF: 0.34
- Rajajeyakumar M,Pirabhu R, Chenniappan M, Niranjana D, Siva Arul Selvan S, Sushmita A, Janitha A, Arun A. Study to predict vascular dysfunctions in high risk young adults – an immediate non invasive investigation to prevent early vascular ageing. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2015; 9(7): CC01-CC03. Pubmed indexed IF: 0.3
- Rajajeyakumar M, Madanmohan T. Impact of slow yogic type of breathing on physiological effects of breath holding time. Alt Intergr med 2015; 4: (2); 117. IF: 1.0 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M, Sivakumaran N, Madanmohan T. How to design, modeling and analysis of biomedical innovations to develop creative solutions for real world medical problems? J Bioengineering and Biomedical Science 2015; 5: 1: 141-142 doi.org/10.4172/2155-9538. IF: 1.0 (Index Copernicus value: 66.63)
- Rajajeyakumar M, Velayutharaj A, Sivakumar M, Ramesh R, Muthumani L, Maniraj RT. Impact of early behavioral modification in food addiction is effective method of treating obesity? Obesity and Weight loss therapy 2015; 5: (2); 116 doi.org/10.4172/2165-7904. IF: 0.752 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M,Bhattacharjee M, Sharma VK, Alagarsamy J. Integrative Approach to Multidisciplinary Training in Physiology and Biomedical Engineering. Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Sciences 2015; 5(1); 136-137. doi:10.4172/2155- 9538.1000136. IF: 1.0 (Index Copernicus value: 66.63).
2014 (14): IF: 12.71, ICV: 465.56
- Rajajeyakumar M,Gnanavelraja C, Elandevan CK, Jasni Angel, Janitha A, Rajendran P, Suresh Balaji RA, Rajesh Kumar A, Baby Kumari B. Correlation of anthropometric parameters with different neuro cognitive style barriers among health care students – a preliminary study. Journal of Psychology and Psychotherapy 2014; 4(6): 163-166 doi:10.4172/2161-0487. 1000163. IF: 0.94 (Index Copernicus value: 66.26).
- Rajajeyakumar M,Venkatachalapathy K, Natarajan S, Dinesh T, KalidasanR,Chellam N and Janitha A. Impact of Screening and Early Life Style Intervention on Pre-Obesity and to Prevent Future Risk of Adiposity Based Chronic Disease (ABCD). Journal of Obesity and Weight Loss Therapy 2014; 4(4): 239. doi:10.4172/2165-7904.1000239. IF: 0.752 (Index Copernicus)
- Rajajeyakumar M, Prakash ES, Pawar GS, Narkunaraja, Tamilzharasan T, Saravanan, Janitha A. Is any significant impact of average RR interval on prognostic ability of sympatho vagal homeostasis. Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Sciences 2014; 4(1): 121-122.doi,org/10.4172/ 2155-9538.1000e121. IF: 1.0 (Index Copernicus value: 66.63).
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A, Balachander J, Madanmohan, Bhattacharjee M. Effect of Yogic Type of Breathing (Pranayam) on Different Grade of Hand grip Strength among Young Adults. International Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Sciences 2014; 4 (2): 17-23.(Index Copernicus value: 61.10)
- Rajajeyakumar M, Chenniappan M, Shanmugavelu M, Balachander J, Basco B, Ravindranath V, Janitha A. Can we slowdown early vascular aging and cognitive disabilities in high risk young adults?. Journal of Aging Science 2014; 2(3) e114-115 IF: 1.86 (Index Copernicus value: 67.13).
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A, Madanmohan, Balachander J. Effect of slow rhythmic voluntary breathing pattern on isometric handgrip among healthcare students. International Journal of Medical Research in Health Sciences 2014; 3(4): 790-796. IF: 0.18 (Index Copernicus).
- Nachal Annamalai, Revathi M, AlameluPalaniappan, Rajajeyakumar M. Impact of age and gender on QTc interval – a retrospective study. International Journal of Basic and Applied and Medical Sciences 2014; 4(2): 308-312. Pubmed indexed IF: 0.34
- Dinesh T, Girwar SG, Vivek KS, AnandaBalayogi B, Rajajeyakumar M, Syam SA. Effect of Slow and Fast Pranayama Training on Handgrip Strength and Endurance in Healthy Volunteers. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014; 8(5): BC01-BC03. Pubmed indexed IF: 0.3
- Rajajeyakumar M, Prabhakar P, Bhattachajee M, Madanmohan, Balachander J, Navasakthi. Effect of single pranayam technique on cardio vascular parameters and mental chronometry among medical students. International Journal of Physiology 2014; 2(1): 54-58. (Index Copernicus value: 80.02)
- Arrthy S, Vinodha R, Saravanan S, Rajajeyakumar M. Evaluation of peripheral and central neuropathy in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients by using somatosensory evoked potential. International Journal of Physiology 2014; 2(1): 50-53. (Index Copernicus value: 80.02).
- Rajajeyakumar M, Amudharaj D, BandiHarikrishna, Madanmohan T, Jeyasettiseloune, Bhavanani AB. Immediate effect of different pranayam on short term heart rate variability in health care students – a preliminary study. International Journal of Physiology 2014; 2(1): 39-43. (Index Copernicus value: 80.02)
- Rajajeyakumar M,Bhattacharjee M, Amudharaj D, Madanmohan, Balachander J. Short term practice of Kapalabhathimpranayam on measurement of human cognitive processing ability in healthy young volunteers. Biomedicine 2014; 34(1): 76-81. Indmed indexed
- Vivek Kumar S, Rajajeyakumar M, Velukumary S, Senthilkumar S, Bhavanani AB, Madanmohan, Ajit S, Dinesh T. Effect of fast and slow pranayama practice on cognitive functions in healthy volunteers. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2014; 8(1) 10-13. Pubmed indexed IF: 0.3.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A. Basic Educational Principles & Awareness about Practices of Bio Safety among Health Care Students. The Journal of Health Education Research & Development 2015; 2 (3); e117-118. doi:10.4172/2332-0893.1000e117. IF: 0.47 (Index Copernicus value: 68.03).
- Gnanavelraja C, Senthilnathan V, Vijaykumar M, Ramesh M, Rajajeyakumar M,ThirumalaiKolunduSubramaniam, Ismayil M.Anatomical variations in the superior attachment of uncinate process and its association with frontal sinusitis.MedPulse – International Medical Journal; 2014; 1(8); 399-401. Indexed. (Index Copernicus value: 82.05).
- Gnanavelraja C, Senthilnathan V, Vijaykumar M, Rajajeyakumar M,ThirumalaiKolunduSubramaniam. Status of uncinate process in patients with sinusitis in a south indian population- CT scan assisted anatomical and clinical study.MedPulse – International Medical Journal; 2014 1 (6); 246-248.Indexed. (Index Copernicus value: 82.05).
- Dinesh T. Sharma, Raja Jeyakumar M, SyamSundar A, Gopinath M, AnandaBalayogiBhavanami. Effect of 8 weeks of pranayama training on pulmonary function test parameters in young healthy volunteers of JIPMER population. International Research Journal of Pharmacology and Applied Sciences 2013; 3(4): 116-118.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Bhattacharjee M, Madanmohan, Balachander J. Effect of slow and fast pranayams on gender specific difference in QTC interval of healthy young adults. International Research Journal of Pharmaceutical and Applied Sciences 2013; 3(5): 266-70.
- Sharma VK, Trakroo M, Subramaniam V, Rajajeyakumar M, Bavavani AB, Sahai A. Effect of fast and slow pranayam on perceived stress and cardiovascular parameters in young health-care students. Int J Yoga 2013; 6:104-10. Pubmed indexed.