Associate professor of Poulation Studies
Phone: +9779851012622, +977 9741078104
Institution and Location
|PhD||Department of Social Gerontology, School of Health Sciences and Nursing, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan||2007|
|MA||Central Department of Population Studies, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal||1998|
|BSc||Amrit Science Campus, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal||1994|
Dr Chalise has completed his PhD at 2007 from the University of Tokyo, Japan. He has served as an associate professor of public health in Purbanchal University and Director of Geriatric Center Nepal. Now he is a visiting faculty of Center Department of Population Studies in Tribhuvan University. He has published more than dozens papers in the reputed journals in the field of aging and has been serving as an editorial board members of couples of reputed journals. He has also served as an organizing Technical comittee members of couples of international conferences in the field of public health and aging.
Gerontology: Active ageing, functional disability of older adults, mental health, lonelines, depression, abuse ofelderly, social support.
- Chalise HN & Lamsal, U, 2017 (Press): Walking and Sleep quality of Nepalese older adults living in Briddashram, J Gerontol Geriatr Med 2017, 3: 015
- Chalise HN & Basnet M, 2017. Abuse of Older Adults Residing in the Community of Nepal. J Gerontol Geriatr Res 6: 415.
- Chalise HN, 2017. Abuse of elderly: A neglected issue in Developing countries, J J Geronto. 2017, 3(1): 024.
- Acharya PR, Chalise HN, 2016. Self esteem and academic stress among nursing students. Kathmandu University medical journal (KUMJ) 13 (52), 298
- Chalise H N, et al., 2015. Migration, ageing and spousal separation: A review of current population trend in Nepal, Jacobs Journal of Gerontology, 1 (1):.
- Chalise H N, 2014. Situation of Depression among Elderly Living in Briddashram (Old Age Home) in Nepal. Advances in Aging Research , 3 (1): 6-11.
- Chalise H N & Rai, SL 2013. Prevalence and Correlates of Depression among Nepalese Rai Older Adults, Journal of Gerontology and Geriatric Research, 2013, 2 (4)
- Chalise H N, 2012. Socio-demographic and health status of Nepalese elderly. Indian Journal of Gerontology, 01/2012/; 26 (2): 151-160. .
- Chalise P, Pandey R, Chalise HN, 2012. Self-Care Practices and Their Perceived Effectiveness among Fatigued Cancer Patients in Nepal, Asia-Pacific E-Journal of Health Social Science Volume 1, Number 2.
- Acharya, R. & Chalise, H.N., 2011. Life style of patient before and after diagnosis of hypertension in Kathmandu. Health, 3 (8): 490-.497
- Chalise HN, Saito, T., & Kai I, 2010. Social support and its correlation with loneliness: A cross-cultural study of Nepalese older adults. International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 71 (2): 115-137.
- Chalise HN, 2010. Social support and its correlation to loneliness and subjective well-being of Nepalese older adults. Asian Social Work and Policy Review, 4 (1): 1-25.
- Chalise HN, Saito, T., & Kai I, 2008. Situation of functional disability in activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living among Nepalese Newar elderly. Public Health, 122 (4): 394-396.
- Chalise HN, Kai I & Saito, T, 2007. Significant variables of self-reported health: A study of older adults from a developing country – Nepal. BioScience Trends , 1 (2): 102-107.
- Chalise HN, Saito, T., & Kai I, 2007. Correlates of loneliness among older Newar adults in Nepal. Japanese Journal of Public Health, 54 (7): 427-433.
- Chalise HN, Saito, T., Takahashi M & Kai, I., 2007. Relationship specialization amongst sources and receivers of social support and its correlations with loneliness and subjective well-being: A cross-sectional study of Nepalese older adults. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 44 (3): 299-314.
- Chalise H N & Brightman J, 2006. Aging trend: Population aging in Nepal. Geriatrics & Gerontology International, 2006 (6): 199-204.
- Chalise H N, 2006. Demographic Situation of Population ageing in Nepal. Kathmandu University Medical Journal 4 (3): 354-362.
- Chalise H.N & Shrestha S., 2005.Situation of the elderly in the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal. Indian Journal of Social Work, 66(2):136-143.