Pennsylvania College of Optometry
Old York Rd, Elkins Park, USA
|Degree||Year||Institution and Location|
|Doctor of Optometry||2010 - 2014||Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Elkins Park, PA|
|Bachelor of Science, Biology||2008 - 2009||Felician University, Lodi, NJ|
|2006- 2007||Rutgers University, Newark NJ|
Dr. Labib is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University. Following her graduation in 2014, she completed a one year residency at The Eye Institute in the area of Primary Care with emphasis on ocular disease. Shortly thereafter, she obtained her fellowship from the American Academy of Optometry.
Dr. Labib is currently a full time assistant professor at Salus University, where she is a clinical educator. She also spends some of her time as a lecturer in anterior segment disease. She has also published several articles pertaining to urgent and emergent ocular diseases, which is her specific area of interest. Dr. Labib serves as a regular, bimonthly columnist for Review of Optometry magazine.
Urgent and emergent ocular diseases
Positions and Honors
|March 2017 - present||Current Advances in Ophthalmology, Editorial board member|
|January 2017- present||Review of Optometry, Columnist|
|November 2016- present||Journal of Ophthalmology and Optometry Research, Editorial board member|
|October 2015 – present||Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry|
- Labib BA. The Essentials: Behind the Scenes of RVO’s: Virchow’s Triad. Review of Optometry. March 2017. Pending Publication.
- Labib BA. The Essentials: Reflections on Entoptic Phenomena. Review of Optometry. 2017(3):24-5.
- Labib BA. Transient Ischemic Attack with Emphasis on Visual Manifestations. ECronicon Ophthalmology. 2017;(5)4:145-149.
- Labib BA, Gurwood AS, and Meagher AL. Read the Retinal Vasculature Like a Pro. Review of Optometry. 2017(2):78-83.
- Labib BA. The Essentials: Nerves in a Tight Space. Review of Optometry. 2017(1):26-7.
- Chigbu DI, Labib BA. Pathogenesis and management of adenoviral keratoconjunctivitis. Contact Lens and Anterior Eye. Feb 2017. Pending publication.
- Labib BA. Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension and the Evaluation of Suspected Papilledema. Ocular Diseases. SM Group Access eBook. 2016(5):1-18.
- Labib BA. Can you identify these common vitreous anomalies? Review of Optometry. 2016(6):62-9.
- Labib BA, Gurwood, AS. Yellow: Proceed with caution. Review of Optometry 2015;152(11):98.
- Labib BA. Decreased vision on routine eye exam. Medscape 2015;1(11):853563.
- Labib BA, Pizzimenti JJ, Pelino CJ. Red eye gone (adeno) viral. Review of Optometry. 2015;152(5):75-78.
- Africano, R, Labib BA. A combined treatment approach for stage IIIa Coat’s disease. American Academy of Optometry Poster presentation. 2015; 10(3); 118.
- Labib BA, Pelino CJ. Retinal vasculitis with resultant vein occlusion in a child. American Academy of Optometry Poster presentation. 2014; 12(3); 224.
- “Top Ten Tells: How Systemic Diseases Show Their Hand.” Bucks Montgomery Optometric Society. March 2017. COPE Course ID: 52935-AS.
- “Anterior Uveitis.” Salus University Advanced Studies Program. Elkins Park, PA. January 2017.
- “Systemic Manifestations of the Anterior Segment.” Salus University Advanced Studies Program. Elkins Park, PA. January 2017.
- “Anterior Segment Urgencies and Emergencies.” Salus University Advanced Studies Program. Elkins Park, PA. January 2017.
- “The Anterior Segment Examination.” Salus University Advanced Studies Program. Elkins Park, PA. January 2017.
- “Triage of Ocular Emergencies: Transient Ischemic Attack.” Salus University CE Program. Elkins Park, PA. September 2016. COPE ID: 50633
- “Appropriate Citation of Medical Manuscripts.” Salus University International Program. Elkins Park, PA. May 2016.
- “Beyond the anterior segment: current and future implications of oral therapeutics.” New Jersey Academy of Optometry Educational Meeting. Neptune, NJ. November 2015. COPE-ID: 47277
- “Papilledema: a case under pressure.” Bucks Montgomery Optometric Society. Plymouth Meeting, PA. May 2015.