Clinical Instructor of Neurosurgery
Stanford University School of Medicine
|Degree||Year||Field of Study||Institution and Location|
|Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine||2007-2011||Osteopathic Medicine||Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, California|
|Masters of Science (M.Sc.)||2006-2007||Neurobiology||University of California, Los Angeles, California|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc.)||2002-2006||Neuroscience||University of California, Los Angeles, California|
Omid R. Hariri, is a Clinical Instructor of Neurosurgery. He attended UCLA, where he obtained his BSc in Neurosciences and graduated with Summa Cum Laude. He pursued his research fellowship with Howard Hughes Medical Institution under the mentorship of Dr. Paul Micevych. He continued his graduate studies at UCLA, where he obtained his Masters in Neurobiology. He received his medical degree from Western University of Health Sciences.
Omid R. Hariri completed his neurological surgery residency at Riverside University Health System in Riverside, CA. Under the direct mentorship of his Chairman, Javed Siddiqi, M.D., Ph.D., he became the first fellow to the Board of Directors of California Association of Neurological Surgeons (CANS). He is currently pursuing his fellowship training in Complex Spine Surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
Omid Hariri has authored multiple peer-reviewed publications in international journals. His research interests include Spinal Oncology and associated biomechanical instability.
- Spinal Neurosurgery
- Spine Oncology
- Neurosurgical Oncology
- Spinal Deformity
License -State of California (active)#: 20A12369, DEA #: FH6662034, NPI#: 1558636316
Honors and Awards
|2017||2017 AANS Leadership Development Course for residents-Selected|
|2017||California Association of Neurological Surgeons-Podium presentation winner|
|2016||1st Place- Annual Neurological Surgery Manuscript-American College of Osteopathic Surgeons|
|2016||Administrative Chief Resident-Neurological Surgery 2016-2017|
|2015||Highest Score on Neurosurgery In-Training/In- Service Exam among all PGY-4s nationwide.|
|2015||3rd Place- Annual Neurological Surgery Manuscript-American College of Osteopathic Surgeons|
|2011||1st Place Award-Scientific Poster Presentation-Neurological Surgery-2011 Annual Clinical Assembly of Osteopathic Surgeons, Atlanta, GA|
|2011||Professional Achievement Award-Western University of Health Sciences|
|2009||Western Medical Student Research Forum- Monterey, CA|
|2008||2ndPlace -Student Poster Competition- American Osteopathic Association|
|2007||Houtan Scholarship-Graduate Studies Scholarship|
|2007||UCLA Distinguished Senior Award|
|2006||UCLA Chancellor’s Service Award|
|2006||Department of Neuroscience-Chair’s Prize- Outstanding Research Presentation|
|2005||Dean’s Prize for Outstanding Research Presentation|
|2005||Howard Hughes Medical Institute- Undergraduate research fellowship|
|2016-Present||American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)|
|2013-Present||North America Spine Society-Active Member|
|2012-Present||Walter E. Dandy Neurosurgical Society-Active Member|
|2011-Present||American Osteopathic College of Surgeons|
|2007-Present||Phi Beta Kappa|
|2013-2016||Neurosurgery Interest Society-Founder and President|
|2014-2015||Society of Neuro-Interventional Surgery-SNIS-Active Member|
|2012-2013||Society for Neuro-Oncology-Member|
|2010-2011||Congress of Neurologic Surgeons-Student Member|
|2003-2007||Howard Hughes Fellowship Research Program|
|2002-2007||UCLA Honors Program|
|4/2017-07/2017||California Association of Neurological Surgeons-Web-site Committe|
|7/1/2016-6/30/2017||Quality Management Committee-Arrowhead Regional Medical Center|
|9/1/2014-9/1/2016||ACA-ACOS Scientific Exhibits and Poster Session Committee|
|9/1/2014-9/1/2015||Resident Section Governing Council-ACOS-Member-at-Large|
- Hariri O, Farr S., Lawandy S., Zampella B., Miulli D., Siddiqi J. Will clinical parameters reliably predict external ventricular drain-associated ventriculitis: Is frequent routine cerebrospinal fluid surveillance necessary? Surgical NeurologyInternational. 2017. DOI: 10.4103/sni.sni_449_16
- Takayanagi A, Hariri O, Ghanchi H, Miulli D E., Siddiqi J., Vrionis F., Asgarzadie F. (April 03, 2017) Unusual Metastasis of Papillary Thyroid Cancer to the Thoracic Spine: A Case Report, New Surgical Management Proposal, and Review of the Literature. Cureus 9(4): e1132. doi:10.7759/cureus.1132
- Hariri O, Takayanagi A, Miulli D E, Siddiqi J, Vrionis F. (March 24, 2017) Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques for Management of Painful Metastatic and Primary Spinal Tumors. Cureus 9(3): e1114. doi:10.7759/cureus.1114.
- Minasian T, Claus C, Hariri O.R.,Piao, Z., Quadri S., Yuhan R., Leong D.,Tashjian V.Chondromyxoid Fibroma of the sacrum: A case report and literature review. Surgical NeurologyInternational.2016 7 (Suppl 13): S370-374.
- Hariri O. R., Farr S., Gupta R., Beiber A.J., Dyurgerova A., Corsino, C., Miulli D., Siddiqi J. Third Ventricular Glioblastoma Multiforme: Case Report and Literature Review. Neurological Surgery Reports. 2015;76:e227-e232.
- Hariri O. R., Minasian T., Dyurgerova A., Farr, S., Miulli D., Siddiqi J. Histoplasmosis with Deep CNS involvement: case presentation with Discussion and Literature review.J Neurol Surg Rep 2015;76:e167–e172.
- Ramakrishnan V.,Dahlin R., Hariri O.R., Quadri S.A.,Farr S.,Miulli D.,Siddiqi J.Antiepileptic Prophylaxis in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): A Retrospective Analysis of Patients undergoing Craniotomy versus Decompressive Craniectomy. Surgical NeurologyInternational. 2015; 6:8.
- Quadri S., Ramakrishnan V., Hariri O., Taqi M. Early experience with TransForm Occlusion Balloon Catheter (OBC): Single-Center Study. Interventional Neurology. 2014: 3:174-183.
- Minasian T., Hariri O.R., Miulli D., Corsino C., Farr S., Siddiqi J. Isolated Lumbar-4 vertebral cryptococcosis in an immune-competent patient-A case report and Literature Review.Case Reports in Clinical Medicine.2013 August; 2(6): 348-350.
- Hariri O.R.,Khachekian A, Miulli D, Amin J, Minasian T., Miulli D., Berman B., Ritter Y., Siddiqi J. Acute-onset of Cerebellar Symptoms in Lhermitte-Duclos Disease: Case Report. Cerebellum. 2013 Feb;12(1):127-30.
- Lawandy S, Hariri OR, Miulli DE, Amin J, Minasian T, Gupta RK, Siddiqi J. Supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumor in an adult: A case report and review of the literature. Journal of Medical Case Reports. 2012 Oct 24; 6(1):361.
- Hariri OR., Prakash L.Minasian T, Amin J, Qazi FM,Holt C. Atypical presentation of encephalitis in an Infant. Journal of American Osteopathic Association. 2010 October;110(10):615-7.
- Kuo J, HaririOR, Bondar G, Ogi J, Micevych P. Membrane estrogen receptor-alpha interacts with metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a to mobilize intracellular calcium in hypothalamic astrocytes. Endocrinology. 2009 March;150(3):1369-1376.
- Kuo J., Hariri OR., Micevych, P.E. An Interaction of Oxytocin Receptors with Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors in Hypothalamic Astrocytes.Journal of Neuroendocrinology. 2009 October; 21: 1001-1006.
- Hariri O.R.,Farr S., Corsino C., Gupta R.K.,Bieber A.J., Miulli D.E.,;Siddiqi J.,Third ventricular Glioblastoma Multiforme: Case report & Literature Review. North America Skull Base Society, February 14-16, 2014, San Diego, CA.
- Parsa K., Hariri O.R., Jamshidian F., Miulli D., Siddiqi J. Incidence of vertebral artery injury with traumatic cervical spine subluxations. Poster presentation at the 2012American Academy of Neurological Surgeons/Congress of Neurological Surgeons-Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, March 7-10, 2012, Orlando, FL.
- Parsa K., Hariri O.R., Siddiqi J. Incidence of vertebral artery injury with traumatic cervical spine subluxations. Poster presentation at the 2011 American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, September 16-18, 2011, Atlanta, GA.
- Lawandy S., Hariri O.R., Miulli D., Siddiqi J. A Case of Supratentorial Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor in an Adult and a Proposal for a Molecular and Genetic Workup. Poster presentation at the 2011 American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, September 16-18, 2011, Atlanta, GA.
- Minaian T., Hariri O.R., Wan P.,Miulli D., Siddiqi J., Bhambra P. Isolated L4 vertebral cryptococcosis in an immunocompetent patient -case report. Poster presentation at the 2011 American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, September 16-18, 2011, Atlanta, GA.
- Kuo J., Hariri O.R,Ogi J., Micevych P. “Membrane estrodial receptors interact with metabotropic glutamate receptors in hypothalamic astrocytes”- Annual Scientific Meeting-55th Society of Gynecologic Investigation.(March 2008)
- Hariri O.R., J. Kuo, G. Bondar.,N. Hamid., E., P.E. Micevych “Membrane Estrogen Receptors Interact with Metabotropic Glutamate 1a Receptors in Hypothalamic Astrocytes to Induce the Synthesis of Progesterone”- Annual 113th American Osteopathic Association Meeting. (October 2008).
- Hariri, O.R., Micevych, P.E. The non-genomic effects of estrogen regulates the effects of oxytocin in hypothalamic astrocytes. 5thInternational Meeting Steroids and Nervous System. Torino (Italy). February 17-21, 2007.
- Hariri, O.R.,Chaban, V, Micevych, P. “Nongenomic effects of estrogen and oxytocin on hypothalamic astrocytes”- 36th Neuroscience Society Meeting(October 2006).