Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
Stanford University School of Medicine
Palo Alto, California, USA
|Year||Field of Study||Institution and Location|
|July 2014-June 2015||Spine Clinical Instructor||Stanford University, USA|
|July 2013-July 2014||Clinical Instructor||Stanford University, USA|
|Aug 2011-July 2012||Neuro-OncologyInfolded Fellowship||The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada|
|July 2007-June 2013||Neurosurgical Residency||The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada|
|September 2004-May 2007||Doctor of Medicine||McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|1999-June 2004||Bachelor of Science||The University of Toronto, Toronto|
Nav Chaudhary, MD, FRCSC, is a Clinical Associate Professor of Neurosurgery. She received her medical degree from McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada. Dr. Chaudhary completed her neurosurgery residency at the University of Western Ontario in London, Canada and fellowships in Spine Neurosurgery and Cyberknife Radiosurgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
She works primarily in CyberKnife Neurosurgery at the Stanford Cancer Center, predominantly treating patients with brain and spine tumors, brain and spine arteriovenous malformations, and trigeminal neuralgia.
Her research interests include surgical outcomes. She has co-authored several papers relating to spine conditions, vascular malformations, and brain tumor management.
- CNS tumors and vascular malformations
Specialty Qualifications And Licenses
- Board Certification in Neurosurgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Canada, FRCSC (June 2014-present)
- Medical Board of California (2013-present)
- National Board of Medical Examiner (Part 1, 2, and 3) (2011)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (2007-2013)
- Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada (2007)
- Editorial Board Member, CNS Oncology, July 2017-Present
- Editorial Board Member, Annals of Surgical Case Reports, Aug 2017-Present
- Editorial Board Member, Annals of Neurosurgery, May 2017- Present
- Editorial Board Member, The Neurosurgery Journal, July 2017-Present
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Women in Neurosurgery (WINS)- July 2017-Present
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), June 2014-Present
Honors And Awards
- Clinical Neurosciences Annual Research Day – 3rd Place, 2009
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada Research Award, 2006
- Witelson Ophthalmology Elective Award, 2005
- Spina Bifida Research Award, 2005
- Association for Surgical Education Conference Award, 2005
- University of Toronto Scholar Award, 2004
- Spiegal Scholarship in Psychology, University of Toronto, 2003
- Das S, Chaudhary N, Ang LC, Megyesi JS, Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Metastasizing to Anaplastic Meningioma: An Unusual Case of Tumor-to-Tumor Metastasis. Brain Tumor Pathology. 2017. In Press
- Chaudhary N, Lee JS, Wu JY, Tharin S. Evidence for use of Teriparatide in Spinal Fusion Surgery in Osteoporotic Patients. World Neurosurgery. 2017;100:551-556
- Liu TT, Achrol AS, Mitchell LA, Rodriguez SA, Feroze A, Michael IV, Kim C, Chaudhary N, Gevaert O, Stuart JM, Harsh GR, Chang SD, Rubin DL. Magnetic resonance perfusion image features uncover an angiogenic subgroup of glioblastoma patients with poor survival and better response to antiangiogenic treatment. Neuro-Oncology. 2016. In Press
- Azad TD, Esparza R, Chaudhary N, Chang SD. Stereotactic radiosurgery for metastasis to the craniovertebral junction preserves spine stability and offer symptomatic relief. Journal of Neurosurgery Spine. 2015;30:1-7
- Woodford R, Chaudhary N, Wolf A, Lownie S, Armstrong JE. A modified retromaxillary approach to the infratemporal fossa: three case studies. Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. 2015;73(5):769-80.
- Ranger A, Chaudhary N, Krivosheya D. The Epidemiology of Pediatric Brain Cancer- Epidemiology and Risk Factors. Tumors of the Central Nervous System. 2014;30:47–64.
- Ranger A, Chaudhary N, Patel YK, Anantha RV. Familial Syndromes Associated with Brain Tumors: A Review. Childs Nervous System. 2014;30(1):47-64
- Kowalczyk I, Chaudhary N, Duggal N. Kinematic Analysis of the Prestige LP Disc. International Journal of Spinal Surgery. 2013;7:e118-22
- Chaudhary N, Wang B, Bailey S, Bailey C, Gurr K, Siddiqui F. A Rare Case of Occipital Cervical Dissociation: 2 Year Follow-Up. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. 2013;18(2):189-93
- Chaudhary N, Kriovosheya D, Small E, Hsia C, Ng W, and Leung A. Rapid Reversal of Subdural Hemorrhage. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2013;40(4):599-600
- Ranger A, Chaudhary N, Avery M, Lownie SP. Brainstem Cavernous Hemorrhage during Pregnancy in a 15 Year Old Girl: Description of a Unique Neurosurgical Approach. Journal of Child Neurology. 2013;28(10):1312-15
- Carstensen HM, Chaudhary N, Leung A, Ng W. Supine Digital Subtraction Myelography for the Demonstration of a Dorsal Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak in a Patient with Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension: A Technical Report. Journal of Radiology Case Reports 2012;6(9):1-9
- Ranger A, Chaudhary N, Avery M, Benson C, Fraser D. Central Pontine and Extrapontine Myelinolysis in Children: A Review of 76 Patients. Journal of Child Neurology 2012 Aug;27(8):1027-37.
- Chaudhary N, Lownie SP, Bussiere M, Pelz DM, Nicolle D. Transcranial Approach for Direct Embolization of a Cavernous Sinus Dural Arteriovenous Fistula: A Technical Case Report. Neurosurgery; 2012 Jun;70(2 Suppl Operative):343-8
- Ranger A, Chaudhary N, Rau J, Matir D, Makar I, Goobie S. Coronal Synostosis Syndrome (Muenke’s syndrome): The Value of Genetic Testing Versus Clinical Diagnosis. The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2011;22(1):187-90
- Chaudhary N, Cooper P, Lownie SP, Ng W, Duggal N. Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension: Case Series of Rare Clinical Presentations. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences. 2011;38(1):54-8
- Ranger A, Chaudhary N,Matic D. Craniosynostosis Involving the Squamous Temporal Sutures: A Rare and Possibly Underreported Etiology for Cranial Vault Asymmetry. The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2010;21(5):1547-5
- Chaudhary N, Hu A, Rotenberg B, Duggal N, Lownie S, Parnes L. Staged Transcrusal and Transnasal Endoscopic Resection of an Atypical Melanocytic Clival Tumor: A Case Report. Skull Base. 2010;20(5):349-55.