Professor of Psychiatry
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
|1977-1985||M.D. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(Ex International Pahlavi University)
(The only international university in Iran, with high prestige
|1985-1988||Diploma of Psychiatry (Iranian Board of Psychiatry)
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(Ex International Pahlavi University)
Jamshid Ahmadi, MD is a Professor of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran. He is also a Founder Director of Substance Abuse Research Center and also a Chief in Dual Diagnosis Ward Research Center for Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
|1988-1999||Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences|
|1988-1996||Administrator of Educational Programming, Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical sciences|
|1988-1996||1988-1996 Director of Behavior therapy and Cognitive-therapy, Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences|
|1996||Visiting Professor, University of Pennsylvania, USA|
|1996||Visiting Lecturer, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand|
|1999-2004||Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences|
|2000-2002||Lecturer, Radio & Television, Shiraz, Iran|
|2003||Visiting Lecturer, Health Waikato Division, Hamilton, New Zealand|
|2004-Present||Full Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences|
|2004-2004||Visiting Professor, University of Pennsylvania, USA|
|2013-present||Chief, Dual Diagnosis Ward, Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences|
|1989||Iranian Board of Psychiatry|
|2006||2006 Dubai License as Specialist Psychiatrist (DOH)|
|2006||UAE License as Specialist Psychiatrist (MOH)|
|1998||Certificate in Addiction Psychiatry|
|2005||Certificate in Drugs and Dependency|
|Postgraduate Training and Fellowship Appointments|
|1988-1996||Administrator of Educational Programming|
|1988-1997||Department of Psychiatry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences|
|1996-1997||Fellowship in Substance Abuse (University of Pennsylvania, USA)|
|2004-2005||Fellowship in Drugs and Dependency (University of Pennsylvania, USA)|
|2004-2004||2004-2004 Workshop in Addiction Severity Index (University of Pennsylvania, USA)|
Honors and Awards
- Ahmadi J, Ahmadi F, Torabi A, Ahmadi S, Ahmadi F. A single dose of 55 mg of buprenorphine for the treatment of heroin dependence: a new result. J Haminiz Med Res and Hlth Sci 2016; 3(1): 1-7
- Ahmadi J, Khoddaman AR,. Kordian S, Pridmore S. Treatment of an obese opioid dependent with a single dose of 80 mg of buprenorphine: a new opening. Int J Res Rep 2016; 2(1):11-18. Ahmadi J, Dastgheib SA, Mowla A, Ahmadzadeh L, Bazrafshan A, Moghimi. Sarani E. Treatment of Methamphetamine Induced Persistent Psychosis. J Add Pre Med 2016; 1(1): 103.
- Anvar M, Ahmadi J, Hamidian S, Ghafaripour S Female Sexual Dysfunction Among the Wives of Opioid-Dependent Males in Iran Int J High Risk Behav Addict. 2016 March; 5(1): e25435.
- Ahmadi J, Sahraian A, Shariati S, Delusional disorder joined with opium dependence Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2015; 3(9D):33.
- Ahmadi J, Ghafoori M, Rahimi S, Management of heroin addiction with baclofen and clonidine. Int J Res Rep 2015;1(1):6-10.
- Ahmadi J, Sahraian A, Shariati S, Homicidal patient with major depressive disorder cmpainion with optium dependence: A new arcade. Int J Res Rep 2015; 1(1):1-5
- Ahmadi, J. Heroin Dependency Treatment: A New Approach. J Addict Depend
- 2015; 1(2): 1-3.
- Ahmadi J Hashish-Induced Olfactory Hallucination: A Novel Finding. J Psychiatry, 2015; 18:330.
- Ahmadi, J. Excellent Outcome of Psychosis Induced by Methamphetamine
- Intoxication after 20 Sessions of Electro Convulsive Therapy. J Addict Depend 2015 1(2): 1- 2.
- Ahmadi J, Ekramzadeh S, Pridmore S, Remission of Methamphetamine-Induced Withdrawal Delirium and Craving after Electroconvulsive Therapy Iran J Psychiatry Behav Sci. 2015 December; 9(4):e1793.
- Ahmadi J, Sahraian A, Dastgheib SA, Moghimi E, Bazrafshan A, Treatment of heroin abuse. Sch. Acad. J. Biosci., 2015; 3(11):966-968.
- Ahmadi J, Sahraian A, Dastgheib SA, Mani A, Mowla A, Ahmadzadeh L,and methamphetamine psychosis: IJMPS., 2015; 7(1): 51-53.
- Ahmadi J Tramadol Dependency Treatment: A New Approach. J Addict Ther Sci, 2015; 2(1): 001-03.
- Ahmadi J, Dehghanian I, Razeghian Jahromi L. Poly substance induced psychosis Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2015; 3(7D):2693-2695.
- Ahmadi J, Dehghanian I, Razeghian Jahromi L., Substance induced disorder. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2015; 3(7D):2700-270.
- Ahmadi J, Pridmore S, Ekramzadeh S, Successful Use Of Electro Convulsive Therapy in The Management Of Methamphetamine Induced Psychosis With Onset During Intoxication. J Addict & Depend, 2015.
- Ahmadi J. The Effect of Buprenorphine and Bupropion in the Treatment of Methamphetamine Dependency and Craving. Br J Med & Med Res 2015; 10 (2): 1-4.
- Ahmadi J, Sahraian A, Dastgheib SA, Mowla A, Ahmadzadeh L Management of Methamphetamine-Induced Psychosis by 8 sessions of ECT Sch. J. App.Med. Sci., 2015; 3 (3H):1565-1566.
- Mani A, Dastgheib SA, Chanoor A, Khalili HA, Ahmadzadeh L, Ahmadi J, Sleep Quality among Patients with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury: A Cross-Sectional Study. Bull Emerg Trauma. 2015; 3(3): 93-96.
- Pridmore S, Ahmadi J; Psalm 137 and Middle Cerebral Artery Infarction; ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry, 2015; 16 (2).
- Khademalhosseini Z, Ahmadi J, Khademalhosseini M, Prevalence of Smoking, and its Relationship with Depression, and Anxiety in a Sample of Iranian High School Students. Enliven: Pharmacovigil Drug Saf. 2015; 1(1):005.
- Mackay-Smith M, Ahmadi J; Pridmore S, Suicide In Shooting Galleries ASEAN Journal of Psychiatry, Vol. 16 (1), January - June 2015: 50-56.
- Ahmadi J, Ahmadi N, Soltani F, Bayat F. Gender differences in depression scores of Iranian and German medical students. Iran J Psychiatry Behav Sci 2014; 8(4): 70-73
- Ahmadi J, Amiri A, Ghanizadeh A, Khademalhosseini M, Khademalhosseini Z, Gholami Z et al . Prevalence of Addiction to the Internet, Computer Games, DVD, and Video and Its Relationship to Anxiety and Depression in a Sample of Iranian High School Students. Iran J Psychiatry Behav Sci. 2014; 8 (2):75-80
- Ahmadi J, Soltani F, Tabatabaee F, et al., Substance Use Disorders in Patients with Lung or Heart Diseases. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2014; 2(1A):111-120
- Gill D, Ahmadi J, Pridmore S, Suicide and Gambling on the Public Record. MJP. 2014; 2 (1): 81-88
- Ahmadi J, Sharifi M Lifetime and Current Prevalence of Tobacco Smoking. J. Addict Res Ther 2013; 4: 145.
- Ahmadi J, Ahmed MG. Dubai Medical College Students’ Attitudes towards Substance Use. J Addict Res Ther (2013) S6: 005.
- Ahmadi J, Kamel M, Ahmed MG, Bayoumi FA, Moneenum A. Mental Health of Dubai Medical College Students. Iran J Psychiatry Behave Sci. 2012; 6(2):79-83.
- Pridmore S, Ahmadi J, Reddy A. Suicide in the absence of mental disorder. Working paper of public health. 2012,6, 1-11
- Ahmadi J, Keshtkar M, Pridmore S. Methamphetamine Induced Synesthesia: A Case Report. Am J Addict. 2011; 20: 306
- Pridmore S, Ahmdi J, Majeed ZA. Suicide in Old Norse and Finnish folk stories.Australasian Psychiatry. 2011,Vol 19, No 4:322-324
- Ahmadi J, Naghshvarian M, Afshari R. Opioid abuse in male population referred for mandatory Urine Opioid Screen before marriage in Shiraz-Iran. Iranian J Psychiatry Behav Sci. 2011; 5(2): 126-30.
- Pridmore S, Ahmdi J, Two cases of ‘Type 3’ suicide. Australasian Psychiatry. 2010, Vol 18, No 5: 426-430
- Pridmore S, Ahmdi J, Usage of download of psychiatry by Muslim countries. Bulletin of clinical psychopharmacology. 2011, Vol 21, No 2: 174
- Ahmadi J, Kampman K, Osline DM. et al,. Predictors of Treatment Outcome in Outpatient Cocaine and Alcohol Dependence Treatment. Am J Addict. 2009;18:81–86
- Ahmadi J, Kamel M, Ahmed MG, Bayoumi FA, Moneenum AA. Dubai Medical College students’ scores on the Beck Depression Inventory. Iranian Red Crescent Journal (IRCMJ). 2008; 10(3):169-172
- Ahmadi J, Benrazavi L, Babaeebeigi M, Ghanizadeh A, Ghanizadeh M, Pridmore S. Substance use in a sample of medical patients. J Psychoactive Drugs. 2008 Sep;40(3):315-9.
- Pridmore S, Brüne M, Ahmadi J, Dale J. Echopraxia in schizophrenia: possible mechanisms. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2008 Jul;42(7):565-71.
- Ghanizadeh A, Kianpoor M, Rezaei M, Rezaei H, Moini R, Aghakhani K, Ahmadi J, Moeini SR. Sleep patterns and habits in high school Students in Iran. Ann Gen Psychiatry. 2008 Mar 13;7:5.
- Ghanizadeh A, Arkan N, Mohammadi MR, Ghanizadeh-Zarchi MA, Ahmadi J. Frequency of and barriers to utilization of mental health services in an Iranian population. East Mediterr Health J. 2008 Mar-Apr;14(2):438-46
- Ahmadi J, Kampman K, Dackis C, Sparkman T, Pettinati H Cocaine withdrawal symptoms identify Type B cocaine-dependent patients. Am J Addict. 2008 ; 17 (1): 60-64.
- Ahmadi J, Pridmore S, Alimi, A, et al., Epidemiology of Opium Use in the General Population. Am. J. Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 2007; 33: 483–491.
- Pridmore S, McInerney G, Ahmadi, Rybak M. Enlarged Virchow-Robin spaces in a psychotic woman, Journal of Psychiatric Intensive Care (2007), 3: 49-54
- Pridmore S, Robinson J, Ahmadi J. Suicide for scrutinizers. Australas Psychiatry. 2007 Jun; 15 (3): 247-8.
- Ahmadi J, Kampman K, Dackis C. Outcome predictors in cocaine dependence treatment trials. Am J Addict. 2006 Nov-Dec;15(6):434-9.
- Pridmore S, Ahmadi J, Evenhuis M. Suicide for scrutinizers. Australas Psychiatry. 2006 Dec; 14(4):359-64.
- Tabei SZ, Heydari ST, Mehrabani D, Shamsina SJ, Ahmadi J, Firouzi SM. Current substance use in patients with gastric cancer in Southern Iran. J Can Res Ther 2006;2:182-185
- Ahmadi J, Fallahzadeh H, Salimi A, Rahimian M, Salehi V, Khaghani M, Babaeebeigi M. Analysis of opium use by students of medical sciences.J Clin Nurs. 2006 Apr;15(4):379-86.