Associate Professor of Neurology
University of Foggia,
|1980||High School (Liceo Classico) Diploma, Bari, Italy|
|1986||Medical School Degree, University of Bari, Italy|
|1990||Residency Diploma in Neurology, University of Bari, Italy|
- Clinical Neurology
Participation in Scientific Societies
- 1991 to date: Member to the Italian Society of Neurology (SIN)
- 1991 to date: Member to the American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- 1998 to date: Member to the Italian Association of Neuroimmunology (AINI)
- 1998 to date: Member to the International Society of Neuroimmunology (ISNI)
Participation in Board of Scientific Societies
- 2004 to 2016: Member to the Board of the Italian Association of Neuroimmunology (AINI).
- 2009 to 2016: Secretary/Treasure to the Italian Association of Neuroimmunology (AINI).
- Melchionda, D; Martino, T; Carapelle, E; Lalla, A; Cologno, D; Avolio, C (2017) Wernicke's encephalopathy following reduced food intake due to depressive disorders.
- Iaffaldano, P; Simone, M; Lucisano, G; Ghezzi, A; Rabbit, G; Brescia Morra, et al. (2017) Prognostic indicators in pediatric clinically isolated syndrome.
- Martino, T; Melchionda, D; Tonti, P; De Francesco, V; Lalla, A; Mirror, Lm; Avolio, C. (2016) Weight loss and decubitus duodenal ulcer in Parkinson's disease treated with levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel infusion.
- Caragnano M, Tortorella P, Bergami A, Ruggieri M, Livrea P, Mirror LM, Martino G, Trojano M, Furlan R, Avolio C (2012) Monocytes P2X7 purinergic receptor is also modulated by glatiramer acetate in multiple sclerosis.
- TROJANO M; C. AVOLIO; DE ROBERTIS F; MANZARI C; ROSED A; LIVREA P (1989) Usefulness of a standardized method for collecting anamnestic data in multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Free DD, Mitri DD, Bergami A, Centonze D, Gasperini C, et al. (2011) T regulatory cells are markers of disease activity in multiple sclerosis patients.
- Avolio, C; Caragnano, M; Tortorella, P; Ruggieri, M.; Grasso R, et al. (2011) P2X7 purinergic receptor on monocytes of patients with multiple sclerosis: effects of Glatiramer Acetate immune modulation.
- TROJANO M; PELLEGRINI F; PAOLICELLI D; FUIANI A; GB ZIMATORE; TORTORELLA C; SIMONE IL; PATTI F, et al. (2009) Post-marketing of disease modifying drugs in multiple sclerosis: An exploratory analysis of gender effects in interferon beta treatment.
- ROJANO M; PELLEGRINI F; PAOLICELLI D; FUIANI A; GB ZIMATORE, et al. (2009) Real-life impact of early interferon-beta therapy in relapsing multiple sclerosis.
- C. AVOLIO; FILIPPI M; TORTORELLA C; ROCCA MA; RUGGIERI M, et al. (2005) Serum MMP-9 / TIMP-1 and MMP-2 / TIMP-2 ratios in Multiple Sclerosis: Relationships with different MRIs of disease activity during IFN-beta-1a treatment.
- C. AVOLIO; RUGGIERI M; GIULIANI M; LIUZZI GM; LEANTE R, et al. ( 2003) Serum MMP-2 and MMP-9 are elevated in different Multiple Sclerosis subtypes.
- LAMPASONA V; RIO J; FRANCIOTTA D; FURLAN R; C. AVOLIO et al. (2003) Serial immunoprecipitation assays for interferon- (IFN) -beta antibodies in multiple sclerosis patients.
- TROJANO M; LIGUORI M; PAOLICELLI D; GB ZIMATORE; DE ROBERTIS F, et al. (2003) Interferon beta in relapsing / remitting multiple sclerosis: an independent postmarketing study in southern Italy.
- AMATO MP; GRIMAUD J; ACHITI I; BARTOLOZZI ML; ADELEINE P (2004) European Validation of a Standardized Clinical Description of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Socket S; Petruzella V; Prascina F; Artuso L; Pacillo F, et al. (2010) Late-onset Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy mimiking Susac's syndrome
- Gori F, Mulinacci B, Massai L, Avolio C, Caragnano M, et al. (2011) IgG and IgM antibodies to the refolded MOG (1-125) extracellular domain in humans.
- Carapelle, E; Serra, L; Modoni, S; Falcone, M; Caltagirone, C, et al. (2017) How the cognitive reserve interacts with β-amyloid deposition in mitigating FDG metabolism: An observational study.
- RUGGIERI M; C. AVOLIO; SCACCO S; PICA C; LIA A; GB ZIMATORE, et al. (2006) Glatiramer Acetate induces pro-apoptotic mechanisms involving Bcl-2, Bax and Cyt-c in peripheral lymphocytes from multiple sclerosis patients.
- TROJANO M; C. AVOLIO (2009) Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and multiple sclerosis association: EBV has a primary or secondary role?
- FRANCIOTTA D; C. AVOLIO; LOLLI F (2005) Between-laboratory variability in oligoclonal IgG band numbering
- C. AVOLIO; GIULIANI F; LIUZZI GM; RUGGIERI M; PAOLICELLI D, et al. (2003) Adhesion molecules and matrix metalloproteinases in MS: effects induced by Interferon beta.