Assistant Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery
Stanford, California, USA
Dr. Adigopula is an Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist, Director of Heart Failure at Regional Medical Center and Assistant Professor in the Division of Cardiology at Loma Linda University. He completed his training at Stanford University and University of California at Los Angeles. He has authored many important papers and book chapters. He has published in prestigious medical journals including New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Circulation, American Heart Journal, American Journal of Cardiology, Journal of American Society of Echocardiography and International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. He has received many national and international awards, recognition and grants for his clinical and research work. He has presented his research in many national and international Cardiology conferences. He serves on the Editorial board of many peer-reviewed medical journals. He is dedicated to academics, teaching, patient care, research in advance heart failure and advancement in medicine. He is a member of American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, American Society of Echocardiography, Heart Failure Society of America, American Society of Nuclear Medicine and American Medical Association. He is a Fellow in the American College of Cardiology and the American College of Physicians. His research interest includes stem cell therapy in heart failure and clinical outcomes in advanced heart failure.
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Advanced Heart Failure Clinical Outcomes
- Heart Transplantation
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Stem cell therapy in Heart Failure
- N Htet, J Vaughn, S Adigopula, E Hennessey, F Mihm. Needle-guided ultrasound technique for axillary artery catheter placement in critically ill patients: a case series and technique description. Journal of Critical Care (Accepted, April 2017).
- Shenoy S, Adigopula S, Lankala S, Shetty S. Cardiovascular Oncologic Emergencies. Cardiology Journal (Accepted for submission, March 2017)
- Neeki MM, Kulczycki M, Toy J, Dong F, Lee C, Borger R, Adigopula S. Frequency of Methamphetamine Use as a Major Contributor Toward the Severity of Cardiomyopathy in Adults ≤50 Years. American Journal of Cardiology. 2016 May 29 PMID: 27374605
- Adigopula S, Nsair A. Left Main Coronary Artery Stent Migration. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015 Nov 12;373(20):1957. PMID: 26559574
- Amsallem M, Sternbach JM, Adigopula S, Kobayashi Y, Vu TA, Zamanian R, Liang D, Dhillon G, Schnittger I, McConnell MV, Haddad F. Addressing the Controversy of Estimating Pulmonary Arterial Pressure by Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2015 Dec 11 PMID: 26691401
- Adigopula S, Tuzovic M, Amsallem M, Kobayashi Y, Kadoch M, Boulate D, Krishnan G, Liang D, Schnittger I, Fleischmann D, McConnell MV, Haddad F. Regional right ventricular dysfunction in acute pulmonary embolism: relationship with clot burden and biomarker profile. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015 Oct 1. PMID:26428674
- Almeida SO, Skelton RJ, Adigopula S, Ardehali R. Arrhythmia in stem cell transplantation. Card Electrophysiol Clin. 2015 Jun;7(2):357-70.PMID: 26002399
- Adigopula S, Shenoy S. Management of Cardiovascular emergencies in Oncology patients. American Journal of Medicine 2016 June (submitted)
- Adigopula S, Vivo R, Depasquale E, Nsair A, Deng M. Management of ACCF/AHA Stage C Heart Failure. Cardiology Clinics. 2014 Feb; 32 (1): 73-93 PMID: 24286580
- Shenoy S, Lankala S, Adigopula S. Management of Calcium Channel Blocker Overdoses. J Hosp Med. 2014 Oct;9(10):663-8 PMID: 25066023
- Balamuthusamy S, Adigopula S, Verma M, Smith E. Cardiac Troponin I has Decreased Utility for Diagnosing Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease in Renal Failure patients with Sub optimal Blood Pressure Control. Journal of Clinical Hypertension. 2007 May; 9(5): 312-314.
- Balamuthusamy S, Molnar J, Adigopula S, Arora R. Comparative analysis of beta-blockers with other antihypertensive agents on cardiovascular outcomes in hypertensive patients with diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2009 Mar; 16(2): 133-142. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19145207.
- Balamuthusamy S, Srinivasan L, Verma M, Adigopula S, Jalandhara N, Hathiwala S, Smith E. Renin angiotensin system blockade and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with chronic kidney disease and proteinuria: a meta-analysis. American Heart Journal. 2008 May; 155(5): 791-805. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 18440325.
- Kodumuri V, Adigopula S, Singh P, Swaminathan P, Arora R, Khosla S. Comparison of low molecular weight heparin with unfractionated heparin during percutaneous coronary interventions: a meta-analysis. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2011 May; 18(3): 180-189. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20027109.
- Nagajothi N, Adigopula S, Balamuthusamy S, Velazquez-Cecena JL, Raghunathan K, Khraisat A, Singh S, Molnar J, Khosla S, Benatar D.. Pioglitazone and the Risk of Myocardial Infarction and Other Major Adverse Cardiac Events: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized, Controlled Trials. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2008 Nov; 15(6): 506-511. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19127132.
- Saha S, Adigopula S, Nagajothi N, Trivedi A. Prevalence of pseudo hypertension in patients referred for cardiac catheterization at an inner city teaching hospital. The Journal of Clinical Hypertension. 2006 May; 8(5): 124-126.
- Singh M, Adigopula S, Ahmad N, Arora R, Khosla S. P2Y12 receptor antagonists in acute coronary syndrome: clinical implications of pharmacologic and pharmacogenetic differences.. Recent Patents on Cardiovascular Drug Discovery. 2011 Sep; 6(3): 207-214. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 21861826.
- Singh M, Adigopula S, Patel P, Kiran K, Khosla S. Recent advances in oral anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation. Therapeutic Advances in Cardiovascular Diseases. 2010 Dec; 4(6): 395-407. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 20965952.
- Singh P, Singh M, Bedi U, Adigopula S, Singh S, Kodumuri V, Molnar J, Ahmed A, Arora R, Khosla S. Outcomes of Nonemergent Percutaneous Coronary Intervention With and Without On-site Surgical Backup: A Meta-Analysis. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2011 Mar; 18(2): 22-28. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19918168.
- Singh PP, Arora R, Adigopula S, Molnar J, Khosla S. Safety and Efficacy of Prolonged Use of Unfractionated Heparin After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. American Journal of Therapeutics. 2010 Dec; 17(6): 535-542. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 19770793.