Director of Department of Cardiology
Max Super Specialty Hospital
|2000||DM (Cardiology)||L.P.S. Institute of Cardiology, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur University, India|
|1992||MD (Medicine)||JLN Medical College, Rajasthan University, India|
|1988||MBBS||Govt. Medical College, Punjab University, India|
Dr. Rohit Mody did his MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Patiala; MD from Jaipur University; DM from Kanpur University. Post DM, Dr. Mody has more than 20 years of experience in interventional cardiology. He worked post DM in institute of cardiovascular diseases in Madras medical mission Chennai. He also worked in Beunos Aires, Argentina on stem cell therapy in myocardial infarction. He worked in Tokyo, Japan on chronic total occlusions. He is an accomplished cardiologist. He has done more than 4000 Angioplasties. His main interest is in Primary PCI & PCI in ACS. Also, valvotomies, peripheral angioplasties, device closures, pacemaker devices and stent grafts for aneurysm dissections. He is working in recent advances in cardiology on Imaging Vulnerable Plaque, Stem Cell Therapy and Nanotechnology in Cardiovascular Drugs and Diseases. He is presently working as director cardiology, Max Hospital, Bathinda. He is invited faculty to various leading conferences of the world. He is author of 2 chapters of a book published by Elsevier and Springer and also a member of Cardiology Society of India.
- Advanced training in coronary and peripheral interventions with special reference to stents, rotablation, coronary atherectomy, DCA, TEC, Laser Angioplasty. Exposure to IVUS, coronary angioscopy and modalities to prevent restenosis after catheter based interventions.
- Vulnerable plaque ways to detect and treat Kuhio
- Stem cell in Acute MI
- Nano medicine in cardiovascular diseases
|2015-Present||Director Cardiology||Max Super speciality hospital, Bathinda, India|
|2013-2015||Sr. consultant Interventional cardiology||IVY- Hospital, Mohali, India|
|2010-2013||Sr. consultant Interventional cardiology||NUSI Wockhardt hospital, Goa, India|
|2008-2010||Consultant Cardiologist & Interventionist||Tagore Heart Care and Research Centre, India|
|2007-2008||Consultant Cardiologist & Interventionist||Escorts Heart and Super Speciality Institute, Amritsar, India|
|2005-2007||Consultant Cardiologist & Interventionist||BBC Heart Care Centre, Jalandhar, India|
|2002-2005||Consultant Cardiologist & Interventionist||Tagore Heart Care and Research Centre, India|
|2002||Assistant Consultant Interventional Cardiology||Fortis Heart Institute, Mohali, India|
|2000-2002||Cardiologist||Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai, India|
|1998-2000||DM Trainee as Resident||LPS Institute of Cardiology, Kanpur, India|
|1993-1998||Medical officer||Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi, India|
|1989-1992||Registrar||Dept. of Medicine, JLN Medical College, India|
|1989||House job in Cardiology||Govt. Medical College, Punjab University, India|
- Taught undergraduates and post graduates during MD and DM courses
- Regularly taking sessions for D.N.B. trainees, Physician Assistants and Nurses
- Faculty lectures in the Echocardiography training program held several times every year participated by doctors from all over India and also from abroad
- Faculty lectures at the various training workshops for cardiologists and cardiac surgeons conducted at MMM
- As trainer for coronary interventions at Afghanistan
- Faculty lectures at various conferences at National and International conferences
Workshops on CTO, Bifurcation and LM
- Workshop with Dr Imad Sheiban, Associated Professor of Cardiology at University of Torino & Director of Catherization and Interventional Cardiology at San Raffale Hospital in Milan in January 2018 & July 2019. 10 cases in each workshop.
- Workshop with Dr. Mirislaw Ferenc, University Heart Center Freiburg-Bad Krozingen, Germany, December 2018, 10 cases.
- Workshop with Dr Vijay, Consultant Madras Medical mission Chennai on physiological imaging IVUS. July 2017-15 cases.
- Workshop with Dr. Pengcheng He, Associate Consultant Cardiologist in Department of Cardiology, Guangdong General Hospital P.R.China 5 cases.
- Workshop with Dr. Shinto Hosogi, Director of Cardiovascular Center in Kochi Health Sciences center, Japan, July 2018-8 cases.
Competence and Skills
- Transthoraic Echocardiography (Both in Adult & Pediatrics)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography (Intra-Operative as well)
- Cardiac Catheterization (Pediatrics as well as Adult)
- Coronary Angiography more than 8000 cases
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angio-Plasty more than 4000 cases
- PDA, ASD Device Closure
- Carotid & other Peripherial Interventions including stent grafts for aneurysms and dissections
- Pacemakers, AICD and combo device implantations
- I.C.C.U. And OPD
- Experience of handling cardiac intervention like PTCA, Primary PTCA, BMV independently. Especially patients of acute coronary syndrome
- Supervising and treating patients in OPS, CCU, and other cardiac in-patients. Echocardiography and decision making regarding management.
- Myocardial Bridge Of Left Main and Right Coronary Artery in a Child with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Biswajit B. DNB, Kulkarni S, MD DNB, Mody R MD DM; Cherian KM. FRACS - Indian Journal of Cardiology.
- Short Term & Long Term Outcome of PDA Closure with Gianturco Coils & Amplatzer Occluder. Mody R, Renuka Selvamani S., Sengar A., Kulkarni S., Mullasari AS., Cherian KM, CSI abstract 2001.
- Prosthetic Valve Thrombosis. Selvamani S, Mody R Ravi P, Bharathi, Mullasari AS, Cherian KM - CSI abstract 2001.
- Ruptared Aneurysms of Sinus of Valsalva. Selvamami S, Rohit Mody, Jeeth T, Gomathi, Manjunath BV, Latchumanadhas, Ali Faizal, Mullasari A, Cherian KM- CSI abstract 2001.
- Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of Left Ventricular Outflow Tract Tachycardia Mimicking Right Ventricular Tachycardia. Pandurangi U, Jagdeesh K, Ravikumar M, Lakshmi V, Mody R, Peter J, Dhas L, Mullasari A, Cherian KM- CSI abstract 2001.
- Extrinsic Obstruction of the Main Coronary Arteries in a Child With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Biswajit Bandyopadhyay, Snehal Kulkarni, Rohit Mody, KM Cherian, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Madras Medical Mission, Mogappair, Chennai (Indian Heart J 2002; 54: 202-205).
- Mullasari AS, Mody R, Lakshmi V, Elective stenting in superior vena cava syndrome caused by idiopathic fibrosing mediastinitis: use of self-expandable wallstent. [Case Reports] Indian Heart J 2002 Jul-Aug; 54(4):425-7.
- a. Chapter 26 - Coronary atherectomy and treatment for calcified coronary lesions. b. Chapter 27 - Treatment of chronic total occlusions. Author of these two chapters of the book to be published by Elsevier. Book name - Emerging technologies for heart diseases, Vol. 2: Treatments of myocardial ischemia & arrhythmias. Editor: Udi Nussinovitch.
- Contemporary treatment options for surmounting the conundrum of calcified coronaries. J Transcat Intervent. 2020; 28: eA202007. Dash D, Ahmed N, Mody R.
- Clinical applications of drug-coated balloon: Where do we stand in 2020. Dash Debrath, Mody Rohit, Ahmed Naveed (Under consideration).
- Heart transplantation in the time of COVID-19 pandemic. Debabrata Dash, Rohit Mody, Naveed Ahmed, Sreenivas Reddy. DOI: 10.15761/TiT.1000272.