Department of Health Policy, Management & Leadership
West Virginia University
|Ph.D.||2006||Department of Political Science||Texas A&M University|
|MPA||1998||Department of Public Administration||West Virginia University|
|BA||1995||Department of Liberal Arts||West Virginia University|
A native of Morgantown, WV, Dr. Eller received his MPA from WVU and went on to complete his PhD in Political Science at Texas A&M University. His academic appointments include prior positions with Texas A&M University and Louisiana State University. Dr. Eller was recently at the University of North Carolina Pembroke, where he served as Department Chair and MPA Director for the Department of Public Administration. Dr. Eller’s expertise is in the implementation and evaluation of public policy, and he conducts research on crisis and disaster management, response, and recovery. His research includes multiple funded studies and diverse partnerships, many of which are within the State of West Virginia. He works actively with non-profits and many government agencies that focus on disaster relief efforts.
Dr. Eller’s expertise is in the implementation and evaluation of public policy, and he conducts research on crisis and disaster management, response, and recovery. His research includes multiple funded studies and diverse partnerships, many of which are within the State of West Virginia. He works actively with non-profits and many government agencies that focus on disaster relief efforts.
|May 2013 - Present||Associate Professor||West Virginia University, School of Public Health|
|Nov 2011 – 2013||Department Chair and MPA Director||University of North Carolina – Pembroke, Dept. of Public Administration|
|Aug 2009 - 2013||Associate Professor||University of North Carolina – Pembroke, Dept. of Public Administration|
|Jul 2007 –2009||Associate Director||Stephenson Disaster Management Institute, Louisiana State University|
|Aug 2003- 2008||Managing Editor||Policy Studies Journal. Oversees all facets of journal management publication.|
|Aug 2003- 2007||Visiting Assistant Professor||The Bush School, Texas A&M University. Teaching Quantitative Methods And Conflict Resolution|
|Aug 2001 – 2003||Assistant Lecturer||Dept. of Political Science, Texas A&M University.|
|Aug 2000 - 2001||Research Director||A&M University.|
|Aug 1999 - 2000||Research Associate||Texas Educational Excellence Project.|
|Aug 1998 - 1999||Graduate Research Assistant||Texas A&M University|
- Eller, Warren S., Brian J. Gerber, and Lauren E. Branch. Forthcoming. “Voluntary Nonprofit Organizations and Disaster Management: Identifying the Nature of Intersector Coordination and Collaboration in Disaster Service Assistance Provision” Risk, Hazards and Crises in Public Policy.
- Pennington, Michael S. and Warren S. Eller.2015. “Ken Meier.” Encyclopedia of Public Administration and Public Policy, Domonic A. Bearfield and Melvin J. Dubnik eds.New York: Taylor and Francis.
- Eller, Warren S. 2014. “Gay and Lesbian Cops: Diversity and Effective Policing by Roddrick A. Colvin.” International Public Management Journal. 17:3: 437-440.
- Robinson, Scott E., Brian J. Gerber, Warren Eller and Melanie Gall.2013. “Emergency Planning and Disabled Populations: The FNSS Approach.”International Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters.31:2, 315-329.
- Robinson, Scott E., Brian J. Gerber, Warren Eller and Melanie Gall.2013. “The Core and Periphery of EmergencyManagement Networks: A Multi-ModalAssessment of Two Evacuation HostingNetworks from 2000-2009.”Public Management Review 15:3.
- Eller, Warren S., Brian J. Gerber and Scott E. Robinson.2013. Public Administration Research MethodsTools for Evaluation and Evidence-Based Practice.”New York: Taylor and Francis.
- Fielding, William J., Dick Green, Melanie Gall, and Warren S. Eller.2012. “Care of dogs and attitudes of dog owners in Port-au-Prince, the Republic of Haiti.” Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science.15:3.
- Eller, Warren S. and 2011. “Voluntary Nonprofit Organizations and Disaster Recovery:Assessing the Value of the Nonprofit Contributionto the 2009 Alaskan Rivers Flood Recovery Effort.” National VOAD.
- Gall, Melanie, Dick Green, William J. Fielding and Warren S. Eller.2011. “Considering Animal Welfare:Implementing an animal andattitudinal survey in Port-au-Prince.” Monday Developments.29:1/2, p44.
- Robinson, Scott E. and Warren S. Eller.2010. “Participation in Policy Streams: Testing the Separation of Problems and Solutions in Sub-National Policy Systems.”Policy Studies Journal.38:2.
- Eller, Warren S. and Brian J. Gerber.2010. “Contemplating the Role of Precision and Range in Homeland Security Policy Analysis: A response to Mueller.”Policy Studies Journal.38:1.
- Eller, Warren S. and Glen Krutz.2009. “Introduction to Policy Systems Theories.”Policy Studies Journal.37:1.
- Bearfield, Domonic A. and Warren S. Eller.2007. “Writing a Literature Review: The Art of Scientific Literature.” In the Handbook of Research Methods in Public Administration, 2nd ed.. (Miller, Gerald J & Kaifeng Wang, eds.). CRC Press: New York.
- Meier, Kenneth J, Michael Pennington and Warren S. Eller.2005. “Race, Sex, and Clarence Thomas: Representation Change in the EEOC.” Public Administration Review.62:2.
- Meier, Kenneth J., Warren S. Eller, Miner P. Marchbanks III, Scott Robinson, J. L. Polinard, Robert D. Wrinkle.2004. “A Lingering Question of Priorities: Athletic Budgets and Academic Performance Revisited.” Review of Policy Research. 21:6. Kenneth J. Meier, Miner P. Marchbanks III, Scott Robinson, J. L. Polinard, Robert D. Wrinkle.
- Eller, Warren S. and Fran Scott.2002. “Ethnic Competition and Black Representation: Does Representation Matter Today?” Published by the Maryland State General Assembly.
- Meier, Kenneth J., Warren S. Eller, Robert D. Wrinkle and J.L. Polinard. 2001. “Zen and the Art of Policy Analysis: A Response to Nielsen and Wolf.” Journal of Politics.63:2.
- Meier, Kenneth J., Warren S. Eller, Scott Robinson, Robert Wrinkle, J.L. Polinard, and Minor Marchbanks.2001. “A Continuing Question of Priorities: Athletic Budgets and Academic Performance.” A Report of the Texas Educational Excellence Project.
- Meier, Kenneth J., Warren S. Eller and Carl Doerfler.2000. “Teacher Turnover in Texas: Problems and Prospects.” A Report of the Texas Educational Excellence Project.
- Warren S. Eller. 1997. “Small Business Incubation.” A Report of the West Virginia Development Office.
- Warren S. Eller. 1997. “Venture Capital Funding in West Virginia.” A Report of the West Virginia Development Office.