Assistant professor of Environmental Sciences
The University of Adelaide
Phone: 0428 28 9328
|2014||Ph.D in Medicine, Adelaide Medical School, The University of Adelaide|
|1997 -2000||Master of Science, Biology & Life School, Nanjing Normal (Teachers’) University (Educator component)|
|1995 -1997||Biology Department, Yancheng Teachers’ University|
|1999||Food safety auditor and certifier accredited by the government authorities of USA, EU, Japan, China and IFOAM Organics|
|2012- 2013||Diploma of Nursing, TAFE SA|
|2012 -2012||Certificate III in Health Service Assistance, TAFE SA|
He is currently working as a Biological Anthropology and Comparative Anatomy Unit, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia. His research experience includes various programs, contributions and participation in different countries for diverse fields of study. He has had 21publications and 14 conference presentations in his areas.
- Evolutionary medicine
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Food Safety
|2017-present||Chinese Liaison and Certification Officer, Australian Certified Organic (ACO)|
|2009-2017||Asian Liaison and Certification Officer, The National Association for Sustainable Agriculture, Australia (NASAA)|
|2008-2009||Assistant professor, Nanjing Institute of Environmental Sciences of Ministry of Environmental Protection of China|
|2007-2007||Research Fellow, International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movement (IFOAM), Germany|
|1999-2007||Assistant professor, Nanjing Institute of Environmental Sciences of Ministry of Environmental Protection of China|
- Wenpeng You, Maciej Henneberg.Cancer incidence increasing globally: The role of relaxed natural selection. Evolutionary Applications.
- Wenpeng You, Maciej Henneberg. Type 1 diabetes prevalence increasing globally and regionally: the role of natural selection and life expectancy at birth. BMJ Open Diabetes Research and Care, 2016;4:e000161.
- Wenpeng You, Maciej Henneberg. Meat consumption providing a surplus energy in modern diet contributes to obesity prevalence: an ecological analysis. BMC Nutrition,20162:22.
- Wenpeng You, Maciej Henneberg. Cereal Crops Are not Created Equal: Wheat Consumption Associated with Obesity Prevalence Globally and Regionally; AIMS Public Health, 2016, 3(2): 313-328.
- Wenpeng You, Maciej Henneberg. Meat in modern diet, just as bad as sugar, correlates to worldwide obesity: an ecological analysis,Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences, 6 (4), 1-10.
- U.S. imports of organic products management system analysis. Jibing Zhang, Juan Zhou, Wenpeng You, Yungang Wang, Xingji Xiao. China Inspection and Quarantine. Vol. 3. 2010.
- Study on Consumers’ Attitude towards Organic Food in Nanjing China. Xia Wang, Xingji Xiao, Aiguo Zhang, Wenpeng You. Journal of Anhui Agri. Sci. 2009, 37:6975-6976, 6804.
- International Cooperation Strategies for Certification Bodies in China. Wenpeng You, Xingji Xiao. China Certification and Accreditation. 2009(1).
- Study on the Current Status of Chinese Forest Product Certification and Its Sustainable Development.Wenpeng You, Gongping Gu, Hongqi Zhang. World Standardization & Quality Management. 2009(1).
- Global Forest Certification and the Development of Non-timber Forest Products in China. Wenpeng You, Gongping Gu, Yuan Ji. Chinese Wild Plant Resources, 2009(6).
- Organic Certification and Research on Organic Wild Products in China Wenpeng You, Yungang Wang, Juan Zhou, Yuan Ji. Wild Plant Resources, 2008(5).
- Organic Breeding Contributing to Achieving the Sustainable Development of Breeding Industry (1). Biao Xie, Wenpeng You. NCBST. 2005(9), P46-48.
- Theory and Practice with Ecological Agriculture and Organic Agriculture in China. Co-authored with Xingji Xiao, Yungang Wang etc. China Environment Publishing House December 2004.
- The Effect of Cr6+ Pollution on Ultromicroscopic Structure of Top Stem Cell of Brasenia Schreberi Winter-Bud (Journal Article). Dingtian Yang, Guoxin Shi, Wenpeng You, Huaiqing Hao, Qingsong Xu. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Natural Science). Vol. 23, No.3. 2000.
- The Effects of Cd2+ on Limnophila Sessiliflora Physiology Indices. Chun Zhao, Guoxin Shi, Wenpeng You, Dahui Li, Dingtian Yang. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Natural Science). Vol. 23, No.2. 2000.
- Cr6+ Pollution Affected Content of Mineral Elements in the Leaves off TrapaBispinosa. Dingtian Yang, Guoxin Shi, Xiaoyu Ding, KaibinXie, Wenpeng You. Journal of Wuhan Botanical Research, 2000, 18(4):309-313
- Toxication of Hg2+ Pollution on Garlic Cloves. Wenpeng You, GuoxinShi, Xiaoyu Ding, Dingtian Yang, KaibinXie, Fuchen Chang, Dongjie Song, Chun Zhao. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Natural Science). Vol.23, No.2. 2000.
- The Study of Cr6+ Pollution Affecting Chlorophyll and Activity of Enzymes in Hydrocharisdubia(B.l)Backer. Dingtian Yang, Guoxin Shi, Wenpeng You, Fuchen Chang, KaibinXie. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Natural Science). Vol. 22, No. 2. 1999.
- Studies on the Effect of Hg2+ Pollution on Leaf's Ultrastructure of Nymphoidesindica (L.)O.Kuntze. Wenpeng You, Guoxin Shi, Kaihe Du, Xiaoyu Ding, Dingtian Yang. Journal of Nanjing Normal University (Natural Science). Vol. 22, No.4. 1999.
- Evolved poor melanin productivity explains high risk of melanoma in Europeans independent of ultraviolet rays exposure.11thannual Florey Postgraduate Research Conferenceat the National Wine Centre 20 September 2017.
- Birth rate determining worldwide incidence and regional variation of female breast cancer. ASMR (Australian Society of Medical Research) SA Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide Convention and Exhibition Centre, Adelaide, 7 June, 2017.
- The Role of Reduced Natural Selection in Boosting Male and Female Obesity Prevalence Worldwide. 10th annual Florey Postgraduate Research Conference at the National Wine Centre 19 September 2017.
- Meat Protein, the Later Digested Nutrients, Contributing to Global Obesity. The Wednesday Wrap for clinicians and researchers. The Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, 17 August 2016.
- Meat consumption and prostate cancer incidence - global and regional associations. the 17th Asia-Pacific Prostate Cancer Conference (APCC).Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre,Melbourne, 31 August to 3 September 2016.
- Similar Correlation of Meat and Sugar to Global Obesity Prevalence. 18th International Conference on Nutrition and Food Sciences (World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Dorint Airport-Hotel Zürich, 21-22 July 2016.
- Reduced Natural Selection May Boost Cancer Incidence through Accumulating Mutations. ASMR (Australian Society of Medical Research) SA Annual Scientific Meeting, Adelaide Convention and Exhibition Centre, Adelaide, 8 June, 2016.
- Per capita wheat consumption and prevalence of obesity - global and regional associations. the 54thNational Scientific Conference of the Australian Society for Medical Research (ASMR), Stamford Plaza, Adelaide, 15-18November 2015.
- Reduced Opportunity for Natural Selection Is Associated with Worldwide Increase of Type 1 Diabetes. 2015 SA Population Health Conference(Public Health Association of Australia), Education Development Centre, Adelaide, 31 Oct 2015.
- Global and Regional Correlations between Wheat Consumption and Obesity Prevalence- Cross-Sectional Analysis of Data at Population Level. the 9thInternational Conference on Diet and Activity Methods (ICDAM) Congress, BrisbaneConvention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane,1 -3 September 2015.
- Food Group Intake and Obesity among Adults. the 28thAnnual ASHBConference (Australasian Society for Human Biology (ASHB),Glenelg Comfort Inn, Adelaide, 10-12 December 2014.
- Risks, Achievements and Trends of Organic Seeds Breeding.1st IFOAM Conference on Organic Animal and Plant Breeding. 25-28 August, 2009. Santa FE, New Mexico, USA.
- Studies on Agro-product Safety & Organic Overseeing System in China. Wenpeng You. Presentation at “Organic Asia” conference sponsored by IFOAM, ITF, Sarawak Development Authority and UNCTAD in Malaysia in late October 2008.
- The Role of Organic Farming in Addressing the Issue of “The Rural Development in China" and Some Suggestions. Wenpeng You. Proceedings of the 14th IFOAM Organic World Conference, Australia,20-27September, 2005.
- The Deficiencies of Livestock Raising in China and the Establishment of Organic Raising System in Light of “Sweden Mode”.Wenpeng You, Jibing Zhang, WeihuaXie. Proceedings of The first Yangtze River Delta Science & Technology Forum. China, October 2004.
- Keep on Pushing Forward Organic Farming with the Theory of Circular Economy.Wenpeng You, Jibing Zhang, Xingji Xiao etc. Proceedings of the 4th IFOAM-Asia International Conference on Organic Wild Production, 9 -12 September, 2004.