Professor of Medicine
Department of Gastroenterology
University of Oviedo
Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
Dr. Luis Rodrigo MD is actually Emeritus Professor of Medicine at the University of Oviedo (Spain). He has been the Chief of Gastroenterology Service at the HUCA Hospital in Oviedo, for more than 40 years. He obtained the PhD at 1975 and has developed a long teaching and research career. He has published a total of 552 scientific papers, 260written in English and the rest in Spanish. He has participated as main investigator in a total of 45 clinical trials. He has contributed actively to the formation of one hundred specialists in Gastroenterology working in his Hospital. He has written around 35 chapters in book of several subjects and has been the editor of 10 books in his speciality.
- Colon cancer
- Helicobacter pylori
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Celiac Disease
- Autoimmune related diseases
- Neurologic Diseases Gluten-related
- Rheumatologic diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Martin Caprnda, Peter Kubatka, Katarina Gazdikova, Iveta Gasparova, Vanda Valentova, Nadezda Stollarova, Giampiero La Rocca, Nazarii Kobyliak, Jozef Dragasek, Ioana Mozos, Robert Prosecky Dario Siniscalco, Dietrich Büsselberg, Luis Rodrigo, Peter Kruzliak. Immunomodulatory effects of stem cells: Therapeutic option for neurodegenerative disorders. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, Published on 01 Jul 2017
- Rosario López-Rodríguez, Angel Hernández-Bartolomé, María Jesús Borque, Yolanda Rodríguez-Muņoz Samuel Martín-Vílchez, Luisa García-Buey, Leticia González-Moreno, Yolanda Real-Martínez, Paloma Muņoz de Rueda Javier Salmerón, José Ramón Vidal-Castiņeira, Carlos López-Larrea, Luis Rodrigo Ricardo Moreno-Otero, Paloma Sanz-Cameno. Interferon-related genetic markers of necroinflammatory activity in chronic hepatitis C. PLoS ONE, Published on 01 Jul 2017.
- Aitor Lanas-Gimeno, Angel Lanas. Risk of gastrointestinal bleeding during anticoagulant treatment. Expert Opinion on Drug Safety, Published on 03 Jun 2017.
- Nazarii Kobyliak, Oleksandr Virchenko, Tetyana Falalyeyeva, Maryana Kondro, Tetyana Beregova Petro Bodnar, Oleksandr Shcherbakov, Rostyslav Bubnov, Martin Caprnda, Delian Delev, Jan Sabo Peter Kruzliak, Luis Rodrigo, Radka Opatrilova, Mykola Spivak. Cerium dioxide nanoparticles possess anti-inflammatory properties in the conditions of the obesity-associated NAFLD in rats. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, Published on 01 Jun 2017.
- Pilar Jiménez, Eduardo Chueca, María Arruebo, Mark Strunk, Estela Solanas, Trinidad Serrano, María A. García-González, Ángel Lanas. CD24 Expression Is Increased in 5-Fluorouracil-Treated Esophageal Adenocarcinoma Cells. Front. Pharmacol, 30 May 2017.
- Áine Abautret-Daly, Elaine Dempsey, Sabino Riestra, Ruth de Francisco-García, Adolfo Parra-Blanco Luis Rodrigo, Carlos Medina, Thomas J. Connor, Andrew Harkin, Association between psychological measures with inflammatory anddisease-related markers of inflammatory bowel disease. Journal: International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice, 2017-03-28.
- Áine Abautret-Daly, Elaine Dempsey, Sabino Riestra, Ruth de Francisco-García, Adolfo Parra-Blanco Luis Rodrigo, Carlos Medina, Thomas J. Connor, Andrew Harkin. Association between psychological measures with inflammatory anddisease-related markers of inflammatory bowel disease. International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice. Published on 28 Mar 2017.
- Gabriel Doka, Eva Malikova, Kristina Galkova, Giampiero La Rocca, Peter Kruzliak, Mariusz Adamek Luis Rodrigo, Peter Krenek, Jan Klimas. Downregulation of myogenic microRNAs in sub-chronic but not in sub-acute model of daunorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Published on 16 Mar 2017.
- Natalia Belemets, Nazarii Kobyliak, Oleksandr Virchenko, Tetyana Falalyeyeva, Tsyryuk Olena Petro Bodnar, Oleksiy Savchuk, Tetyana Galenova, Martin Caprnda, Luis Rodrigo, Lubomir Skladany, Delian Delev, Radka Opatrilova, Peter Kruzliak, Lyudmyla Ostapchenko. Effects of polyphenol compounds melanin on NAFLD/NASH prevention. Biomedicine & pharmacotherapy = Biomedecine & pharmacotherapy, Published on 19 Jan 2017.
- Radka Opatrilova, Peter Kubatka, Martin Caprnda, Dietrich Büsselberg, Vladimir Krasnik, Pavol Vesely Sandeep Saxena, Surabhi Ruia, Ioana Mozos, Luis Rodrigo, Peter Kruzliak, Katia Goncalves dos Santos. Nitric oxide in the pathophysiology of retinopathy: Evidences from preclinical and clinical researches. Acta Ophthalmologica, Published on 01 Jan 2017.
- Carlos Ordieres, Carmen A Navascués, María L González-Diéguez, Mercedes Rodríguez, Valle Cadahía María Varela, Luis Rodrigo, Manuel Rodríguez. Prevalence and epidemiology of hepatitis D among patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a report from Northern Spain. European journal of gastroenterology & hepatology, Published on 29 Nov 2016.