Professor of Statistics
Humber College, Toronto, ON, Canada
|Degree||Specialization||University / Institute||Location||Date|
|Program||Big Data Analytics||Future Learn Queensland University of Technology||Australia||Sep-17|
|Ph.D.||Statistics||Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia||Malaysia||Sep-08|
|High School Diploma||Computers||Institute of Higher Studies of Computers and Information.||Iraq||Jan-98|
Dr. Faisal G. Khamis has joined the University of Guelph-Humber and Humber College, Canada in 2019. He is a professional educator of27 years of teaching, research, and university and community service. He is an Associate Professor of Statistics. He is a graduate of Baghdad University where he received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. Degrees in Statistics in 1992 and 1995 respectively. He received his Ph.D. in Statistics from the National University of Malaysia in 2008. He obtained the certificate of Internationally-Trained Professional Co-operative Education Program at Brian J. Fleming Learning Center, Canada in 2019. He has taught approximately 20 different courses in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, and Research Methodology at undergraduate and graduate levels at 12 worldwide universities and colleges. Recognized at the first 5% of an academic evaluation level in the academic year 2017/2018 at the Al Ain University of Science and Technology.
He is an Accredited Professional Statistician awarded by the American Statistical Association (ASA) in 2011. He is an expert at the League of Arab States in the field of Population and Development. He is a professionally active Chartered Statistician and a Chartered Scientist awarded by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), UK. He is a Consultant in Statistics, as per the directory of the RSS. He is a Certified Data Scientist awarded by the Data Science Central, USA. He has published near 30 research papers in internationally refereed journals and has delivered approximately 20 presentations at international conferences in the fields of Applied Multivariate Statistics, Mortality, Social Science, Economics, and Spatial and Temporal Statistics.
- Statistical Methods
- Scientific Research Methodology
- Applied Multivariate Statistics
- Spatial and Temporal Statistics
- Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Mining
- Structural Equations Modeling
|Banking & Finance Department, Faculty of Business||Al Ain University, UAE||Assistant Professor|
|Business Statistics, Econometrics Analysis, Investment Portfolios Management, Computer applications in management, finance & banking, Business Mathematics||Banking & Finance Department, Faculty of Business, AL-Zaytoonah University of Jordan||Assistant Professor|
|For MBA (Quality & Operations Management, Statistics & Research Methodology); for undergraduate, Statistics for Business Decision-Making, Mathematics for Business, Quantitative Business Analysis, Scientific Research Skills, Probability Theory & Statistics for engineering students, Applied Social Statistics||Al Ain University of Science and Technology||Associate Professor|
Member in the Editorial Board of the following international Journals
- World Science and Research publishing, Advances in Pharmacognosy and Phytomedicine, USA, 2014.
- Infinity Sciences, International Journal of Applied Sciences and Innovation, 2014.
- Academic Network of International Scientific Proceedings, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, 2014.
- Global Journal of Mathematical Analysis, Germany, 2015.
- Research & Reviews: Journal of Statistics, India, 2015.
- Asian Online Journals, Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, USA, 2012.
- International Research Journal of Applied and Basic Sciences (IRJABS), India, 2014.
- Technical Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, (TJEAS), India, 2014.
- Scientia Research Library: Journal of Applied Science and Research (JASR), India, 2016.
- Science Research Association (SCIREA): SCIREA Journal of Mathematics, USA, 2017.
- EPH Journal: International Journal of Business & Management Science, India, 2017.
- Whites Science: European Journal of Bioinformatics, UK, 2015.
- ES Journal of Public Health, USA, December 2019
Honors And Awards
- ACCREDITED PROFESSIONAL STATISTICIAN™ PSTAT® awarded by the American Statistical Association, USA, 2011.
- Expert at the League of Arab States in the field of Population Policies and Expatriates and Migration Department, Egypt, 2010
- Chartered Statistician-professionally active awarded by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) in 2013, UK.
- Recognized at the first 5% of academic evaluation level in the academic year 2017/2018. Al Ain University, UAE. 2018
Professional and Career Development Certificates
Internationally -Trained Professional Co-operative Education Program December 2018-June 2019.
|Brian J Fleming Learning Center (In-class), Mississauga, ON, Canada||December 2018-February 2019|
|McMaster University (Co-op), Hamilton, ON, Canada||March 2019-June 2019|
- Spatial and Temporal Analyses on Exploring the Relationship between Wastes and Mortality in UAE International Journal of Economics and Business Research, vol.13(4): 349-359 2017
- Crime and Divorce. Can one Lead to the other? Using Multilevel Mixed Models Electronic Journal of Applied Statistical Analysis, vol.10(2): 328-348 2017
- Multilevel Mixed Analysis and Mapping on Divorce Problem in UAE Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, vol.12(4): 238-247 2016
- Statistical Analysis on Infectious Diseases in Dubai, UAE During the Period 1995-2013 International Journal of Preventive Medicine Research, vol.1(3): 139-145 2015
- Multivariate Spatial Association between Mortality, Unemployment, Divorce, and Crime in Jordan-2011 Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, vol.3(1): 49-74 2014
- Spatiotemporal Analysis and Mapping on Mortality Risk in UAE during the Period 1986-2011 Pensee Journal, vol.76(9)part 2:124-144 2014
- Exploring Children Mortality in Egypt-2007 using Factor Analysis, Spatial Statistics, and Mapping Trends in Applied Sciences Research, vol.9(7): 345-359 2014
- Spatial Analysis of Illiteracy and Unemployment at Governorate Level in Egypt British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, vol.2(4): 390-405 2012
- The Linkages Between Mortality, Education and Prosperity Using Partially Latent Models: A Hierarchical Approach International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, vol.1, No.6: 144-152 2011
- Measuring the Spatial Pattern of Illiteracy Problem in Iraq-2007 Wulfenia, vol.20(5): 239-253 2013
- Association Between Spatial Patterns of Acute Malnutrition and Household Income in Iraq-2004 International Journal of Statistics and Probability, vol.1, No.1: 43-52 2012
- Measuring the Spatial Correlation of Unemployment in Iraq-2007 Modern Applied Science, vol.6, No.1: 17-27 2012
- The Relationship between Spatial Patterns of Illnesses and Unemployment in Iraq-2007 Global Journal of Health Science, vol.4, No.1: 192-203 2012
- Applying Multivariate and Univariate Analysis of Variance on Socioeconomic, Health, and Security Variables in Jordan, vol: 12(2): 2018