Assistant Professor of Food Science
University of Basrah
|Msc.||Preparation of Date powder From Some||2004|
|University||Food||local Date Cultivars, Study quality|
|of Basrah||Science||properties and its Utilization in Bread and|
|Ph.D||Purification, Characterization and||2011|
|Immobilization of β-galactosidase|
|produced from mold Aspergillus oryzae|
|by solid state fermentations and it's|
|applications in some dairy products|
Assist. Prof. Dr. AlaaJabbar Al-Manhel obtained Master (2004) and Doctoral degree (2011) at the Department of Food Science, Agriculture College, University of Basrah. He obtained PhD degree in the area of Enzyme – Biotechnology, working on topic “Purification, Characterization and Immobilization of β-galactosidase produced from mold Aspergillusoryzae by solid state fermentations and it's applications in some dairy products”. Since 2002 he has been working at the University of Basrah, Agriculture College, University of Basrah, Basrah City, Iraq. Up to know he has been participant in numerous national and international Conference, to name a few: The 2nd International Scientific Conference of Southern Technical University (1-2/3/2017).
- Food Science
- Encapsulation of bioactives
- functional foods
- Intelligent packaging for food
- The 2nd International Scientific Conference of Southern Technical University 1-2/3/2017
- 10th Scientific Conference for Agricultural Research /Republic of Iraq/Ministry of Agriculture 2017.
- Physical, chemical and Microbiological Properties of Khalal powder produced from some local date varieties. Basrah J. for Date palm Research. 4(1-2):111-123.
- Effect of storage at different temperature on the quality properties of date powder. Basrah J. for Date palm Research. 5(1-2): 42-56.
- Cellulase production by fungi from seed palm by Aspergillus niger.Basrah J. Date palm research,1-2(5) (2006)
- Effect of substitution of different levels of durum wheat on biscuit quality. Basrah J. Agric. Sci.,20(1).
- Preparation of powder date syrup from Zahdi cultivar study their quality properties. Basrah res. J. 33(30-36).
- Study of Immobilization β-galactosidase purified from mold Aspergillus oryzae bysolid state fermentations and it's applications in some dairy products. Basrah J.Res.37.
- Purification, Characterization of β-galactosidase produced from alocal isolate of Aspergillus oryzae by solid state fermentations. Basrah J. Agric. Sci. vol 24 (1).
- Purification , characterization of chitinase produced from Bacillus subtilis and inhibitory activity on some fungi. Karbala J. vol 10(4):166-173.
- Effect of chitosan on apple juice quality . International Journal of Agricultural and Food Science. 2(4):153-157.
- Shelf life extension of meat by using chitosan. Basrah res. J.:32-39
- Study of microbial , chemical content of local white soft cheese in Basrah markets. Basrah J. Agric. Sci., vol. 26(2).
- Preparation Film from chitosan and Study its barrier, mechanical and thermal properties. Basrah J. Agric. Sci.vol. 28(2)545-558 .2015.
- Effect of aqueous and alcoholic plant extracts on inhibition of some types of microbes and causing spoilage of food .PAK.J.FOOD SCI.,25(3):104-109.
- Extraction of chitosan, chracterisation and its use for water purification. Alaa Jabbar Al-Manhel, Asaad Rehman Saeed Al-Hilphy, Alaa Kareem Niamah. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences.
- Mannan extract from Saccharomyces cerevisiae used as prebiotic in bio-yogurt production from buffalo milk. International Food Research Journal. (In press)
- Gum Arabic uses as prebiotic in yogurt production and study effects on physical, chemical properties and survivability of probiotic bacteria during cold storage. World Applied Sciences Journal 34 (9): 1190-1196, 2016.
- Study of inhibitory spectrum of metabolic extract from Saccharomyces boulardii yeast against some food related bacteria. PAK. J. FOOD SCI., 27(1), 2017: 26-32.
- Isolation, Purification and Characterization of Antimicrobial Peptides Produced from Saccharomyces boulardii. International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics.1-7.