- :+30 2310 997636 :+30 2310 997645
Department of Pharmacology
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
|1980||B.Sc. in Pharmacy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (A.U.TH), Greece|
|1991||Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Lab. of Pharmacology, Dept. of Pharmacy, A.U.TH, Greece|
- Molecular mechanisms of action of anthracyclines on bone marrow and myocardium.
- Expression of nuclear and/or mitochondrial genes coding for cytochrome c oxidase (COX) subunits.
- Mitochondrial genetics and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Cloning and expression of COX assembly genes as well as purification and characterization of their protein products being involved in mitochondrial copper pathway
- TAT-mediated protein transduction into mammalian cells, as an alternative therapeutic approach for degenerative disorders.
- Cellular Bioenergetics
- Mitochondrial Dynsfunction in cancer and cardiac failure
- Radiolabeling of recombinant proteins – biodistribution in mice
Sum of Times Cited: 1033 (September 2015; Publish or Rerish 4) Index h: 10
- Papadopoulou LC, Kyriazou ΑV, Bonovolias ID and Tsiftsoglou AS (2014) Imatinib inhibits the expression of SCO2 and FRATAXIN genes that encode mitochondrial proteins in human Bcr–Abl+ leukemia cells Blood Cells, Molecules and Diseases, 53(1-2): 84-90
- Papadopoulou LC, Tsiftsoglou AS. (2013) The Potential Role of Cell Penetrating Peptides in the Intracellular Delivery of Proteins for Therapy of Erythroid Related Disorders. Pharmaceuticals 6, 32-53.
- Papadopoulou LC, Tsiftsoglou AS. (2011) Transduction of human recombinant proteins into mitochondria as a protein therapeutic approach for mitochondrial disorders. Pharm Res. Nov;28(11):2639-56.
- Foltopoulou PF, Tsiftsoglou AS, Bonovolias ID, Ingendoh AT, Papadopoulou LC. (2010) Intracellular delivery of full length recombinant human mitochondrial L-Sco2 protein into the mitochondria of permanent cell lines and SCO2 deficient patient's primary cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. Jun;1802(6):497-508.
- Papadopoulou LC, Foltopoulou P.F., Tsiftsoglou AS (2010) Intracellular Delivery of Recombinant Human Proteins into Mammalian cells as a Potential Therapeutic Approach. 10th European Biological Inorganic Chemistry Conference (Eurobic10) Pages: 23-28
- Zaverda C.G., Nentoudi K.A., Foltopoulou P.F., Tsiftsoglou A.S. and Papadopoulou L.C. (2007) Bacterial production of recombinant human β-globin-TAT-HA peptide intended for targeted delivery in thalassemic cells. Proceedings of The International Conference on Nanomedicine, September 9-11, Chalkidiki, Greece, pp. 202-209
- Papadopoulou L.C, Tsiftsoglou A.S., and Foltopoulou P.F. (2007) PTD-technology complemented by combinatorial tag-cloning for bacterial production of recombinant human proteins intended for intracellular delivery. Proceedings of The International Conference on Nanomedicine, September 9-11, Chalkidiki, Greece, pp. 210-217
- Tsiftsoglou AS, Tsamadou AI, Papadopoulou LC. (2006) Heme as key regulator of major mammalian cellular functions: molecular, cellular, and pharmacological aspects. Pharmacol Ther. Aug;111(2):327-45.
- Foltopoulou P.F., Tsiftsoglou A.S. and Papadopoulou L.C. (2005). Production of genetically engineered TAT-Sco2 protein aimed for intracellular delivery into mitochondria: Implications to the therapy of COX-deficient fatal infantile cardioencephalopathy. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics (Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias and Farmakokinetikes ), Greek Edition, 23 (1): 106-107
- Foltopoulou PF, Zachariadis GA, Politou AS, Tsiftsoglou AS, Papadopoulou LC. (2004) Human recombinant mutated forms of the mitochondrial COX assembly Sco2 protein differ from wild-type in physical state and copper binding capacity. Mol Genet Metab. Mar;81(3):225-36.
- Clark KM, Brown TA, Davidson MM, Papadopoulou LC, Clayton DA. (2002) Differences in nuclear gene expression between cells containing monomer and dimer mitochondrial genomes. Gene. Mar 6;286(1):91-104.
- Sue CM, Karadimas C, Checcarelli N, Tanji K, Papadopoulou LC, Pallotti F, Guo FL, Shanske S, Hirano M, De Vivo DC, Van Coster R, Kaplan P, Bonilla E, DiMauro S. (2000) Differential features of patients with mutations in two COX assembly genes, SURF-1 and SCO2. Ann Neurol. May;47(5):589-95.
- Papadopoulou L.C., Foltopoulou P.F., Tsiftsoglou A.S., Sue C.M., Tanji K., Bonilla E., Hirano M., DiMauro S. and Schon E.A. (2000). Mutations in Human SCO2, a nuclear COX assembly gene, and their possible role in causing COX deficiency associated with fatal cardioencephalomyopathy. Newsletter, 47:111-112.
- Papadopoulou LC, Sue CM, Davidson MM, Tanji K, Nishino I, Sadlock JE, Krishna S, Walker W, Selby J, Glerum DM, Coster RV, Lyon G, Scalais E, Lebel R, Kaplan P, Shanske S, De Vivo DC, Bonilla E, Hirano M, DiMauro S, Schon EA. (1999) Fatal infantile cardioencephalomyopathy with COX deficiency and mutations in SCO2, a COX assembly gene. Nat Genet. Nov;23(3):333-7.
- Papadopoulou LC, Theophilidis G, Thomopoulos GN, Tsiftsoglou AS. (1999) Structural and functional impairment of mitochondria in adriamycin-induced cardiomyopathy in mice: suppression of cytochrome c oxidase II gene expression. Biochem Pharmacol. Mar 1;57(5):481-9.
- Manfredi G, Thyagarajan D, Papadopoulou LC, Pallotti F, Schon EA. (1997) The fate of human sperm-derived mtDNA in somatic cells. Am J Hum Genet. Oct;61(4):953-60.
- Papadopoulou LC, Tsiftsoglou AS. (1996) Effects of hemin on apoptosis, suppression of cytochrome c oxidase gene expression, and bone-marrow toxicity induced by doxorubicin (adriamycin). Biochem Pharmacol. Sep 13;52(5):713-22.
- Papadopoulou LC, Tsiftsoglou AS. (1993). Mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase as a target site for daunomycin in K-562 cells and heart tissue. Cancer Res. 1993 Mar 1;53(5):1072-8.
- Papadopoulou L.C. and Tsiftsoglou A.S (1991) Interactions of hemin and anthracyclines with mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase. J.Chemotherapy 5, Suppl. 1 May, 788-789.
- Papadopoulou LC, Wheeler C, Tsiftsoglou AS. (1989) Possible role of mitochondrial components in adriamycin-induced cytotoxicity of human leukemia cells. J Chemother. 1989 Jul;1(4 Suppl):1151-4.
- Papadopoulou L.C., Wheeler C. and Tsiftsoglou A.S. (1988). Daunomycin-hemin interactions: implications into the mechanism(s) of molecular action of anthracyclines on hemopoietic cells and therapeutic significance. Newsletter, 27: 15-18.