Assistant professor of Internal Medicine
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Harry HinesBlvd., Dallas, TX
|Ph.D. Cell Biology||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY: Characterization of PUF6 in regulated translation of localized RNA.||2008|
|M.S. Molecular Genetics||Fudan University, Shanghai, China||2002|
|B.S. Biochemistry||Wuhdan University, Hubei, China||1999|
Yingfeng Deng has completed her PhD in cell biology from Sue Golding Graduate School of Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2008. She is an assistant professor of Touchstone Diabetes Center, Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center since 2015.
- Obesity and Diabetes
- Adipocyte Biology
- Beta Cell and Alpha Cell Biology
- Hepatocyte Biology
- Chair of Chinese Scholar and Student Association (CSSA) in Albert Einstein College of Medicine between April 2008 and May 2008
|2003-2004||Albert Einstein college of Medicine||Teaching Assistant of the Graduate Biochemistry|
|2008-2014||University of Texas||Post-doctoral fellow of Internal Medicine|
|2014-2015||University of Texas||Assistant instructor of Internal Medicine|
|2015-present||University of Texas||Assistant professor of Internal Medicine|
Other Professional activities
|2004||Oral presentation in Minisymposium 28: Control of Gene Expression at the 44th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology in Washington, DC.|
|2013||Oral presentation of the workshop 1: New Aspects of Insulin Signaling and Insulin resistance in the upcoming meeting on Diabetes — New Insights into Mechanism of disease and its Treatment, Jan 27 - Feb 1, 2013, in Keystone Resort in Keystone, Colorado.|
|04/2016||Oral poster presentation at the 3rdMcGarry Symposium in UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas.|
|08/2016||Oral presentation at 20th EASD-HAGEDORN Oxford workshop, Keble College, Oxford, UK.|
Research funding and Awards
|2012||American Diabetes Association post-doc fellowship|
|2013||Keystone symposia scholarship|
- Burrill JS, Long EK, Reilly B, Deng Y, Armitage IM, Scherer PE, Bernlohr DA. Inflammation and ER stress regulate branched-chain amino acid uptake and metabolism in adipocytes. MolEndocrinol. 29(3):411-20. 2015
- Williams KW, Liu T, Kong X, Fukuda M, Deng Y, Berglund ED, Deng Z, Gao Y, Liu T, Sohn JW, Jia L, Fujikawa T, Kohno D, Scott MM, Lee S, Lee CE, Sun K, Chang Y, Scherer PE, Elmquist JK. Xbp1s in Pomc neurons connects ER stress with energy balance and glucose homeostasis. Cell Metab.Pii: S1550-4131(14)00267-8. 2014
- Liu C, Bookout AL, Lee S, Sun K, Jia L, Lee C, Udit S, Deng Y, Scherer PE, Mangelsdorf DJ, Gautron L, Elmquist JK. PPARv in vagal neurons regulates high-fat diet induced thermogenesis. Cell Metab. 19(4): 722-30. 2014
- Wang ZV, Deng Y, Gao N, Pedrozo Z, Li DL, Morales CR, Criollo A, Luo X, Tan W, Jiang N, Lehrman MA, Rothermel BA, Lee AH, Lavandero S, Mammen P, Ferdous A, Gillette TG, Scherer PE, and Hill JA. Spliced X-box binding protein 1 couples the unfolded protein response to hexosamine biosynthetic pathway. Cell156 (6):1179-92. 2014.
- Deng Y, Wang ZV, Tao C, Gao N, Holland WL, Ferdous A, Repa JJ, Liang G, Ye J, Lehrman M, Hill JA, Horton JD & Scherer PE. The Xbp1s-GalE axis links ER stress to postprandial hepatic metabolism. J. Clin. Invest. 123(1):455-68. 2013.
- Wang ZV, Deng Y, Wang QA, Sun K & Scherer PE. Identification and characterization of a promoter cassette conferring adipocyte-specific gene expression. Endocrinology 151(6):2933-9. 2010.
- Deng Y& Scherer PE, Adipokines as novel biomarkers and regulators of the metabolic syndrome. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1212:E1-E19. 2010.
- Landskroner-Eiger S, Qian B, Muise ES, Nawrocki AR, Berger JP, Fine EJ, Koba W, Deng Y, Pollard JW & Scherer PE. Proangiogenic Contribution of Adiponectin toward Mammary Tumor Growth In vivo. Clin. Cancer Res. 15(10):3265-76. 2009.
- Deng Y, Singer RH & Gu W. Translation of ASH1 mRNA is repressed by Puf6p-Fun12p/eIF5B interaction and released by CK2 phosphorylation. Genes & Dev. 22(8):1037-50. 2008.
- Li J, Wei Z, Zheng M, Gu X, Deng Y, Qiu E, Chen F, Ji C, Gong W, Xie Y & Mao Y. Crystal structure of human guanosine monophosphate reductase 2 (GMPR2) in complex with GMP. J. Mol. Biol. 355(5):980-8. 2006.
- Gu W, Deng Y, Zenklusen D & Singer RH. A new yeast PUF family protein, Puf6p, represses ASH1 mRNA Translation and is required for its localization. Genes & Dev. 18:1452-1465. 2004.
- Ji C, Yin G, Deng Y, Shu C, Zhang W, Guang S, Xie Y and Mao Y. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray studies of GMP reductase 2 from Human. ActaCryst. D59:1109-1110. 2003.
- Deng Y, Wang Z, Ying K, Gu S, Ji C, Huang Y, Gu X, Wang Y, Xu Y, Li Y, Xie Y and Mao Y, NADPH-dependent GMP reductase isoenzyme of human (GMPR2): expression, purification and kinetic properties. Int. J. of Biochem. Cell Biol. 34:1035-1050. 2002.
- Deng Y, Wang Z, Zhou Z, Huang Y, Ying K, Xie Y and Mao Y, Cloning and characterization of a novel human alcohol dehydrogenase gene (ADHFe1). DNA Seq. 13(5):301-306. 2002.
- Deng Y, Wang Z, Gu S, Ying K, Xie Y and Mao Y, Four splicing variants in the PTB1 domain of Human Fe65L2 bind to the cytoplasmic tail of LRP with Different Affinity. Alzheimer Rep. 4(6): 209-213. 2001.
- Li Y, Deng Y, Zhou M, Zhao K, Increasing phycobiliprotein production in MastigocladusLaminosus with the improved culture. J. of Wuhan Botanical Res. 18:531-535. 2000.