- : +91 94436 77839
Dept. of Electronics & Commn., Engg.,-R&D Section,
Kings College of Engineering, Punalkulam Tamil Nadu,
- Ph.D - Faculty of Information and Communication Engineering, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, February 2015. (HIGHLY COMMENDED)
- M.E - Communication Systems, Anna University, Chennai, April 2006. (I CLASS)
- B.E - Electronics & Communication Engineering, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, April 2002. (I CLASS)
- H.Sc (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Computer Science), Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, Varatharajanpet, Tamil Nadu, April 1996. (I CLASS)
- S.S.L.C - Little Flower Higher Secondary School, Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, April 1994. (I CLASS)
Arockia Bazil Raj born in a small village (Melamichalpatty) in Ariyalur district and started the 1st standard in the year of 1985 at the Government Primary School, Nayaganaipriyal (Ariyalur district). I was in the same school up to 5th standard and then my parents shifted me to St. Michel Meddle School, Kelamichalpatty (Ariyalur district) through which I obtained the 6th, 7th and 8th standards. Due to my father’s transfer, I also had been brought to Kumbakonam and admitted in the Little Flower Higher Secondary School, Kumbakonam (Thanjavur district) where I completed the 9th and 10th standards. As per my aunty Dr.Rev.Sr.Amala
advice/influence at my parents, I had been transferred to Don Bosco Higher Secondary School, Varadarajanpet (Ariyalur district) for the 11th and 12th standards. Some of the personal details, educational profiles, work chronology and other associated information started from the end of the school life
- Digital modulations/communications.
- 2. Optical wireless communication & adaptive optics for Free Space Optical Communication (FSOC).
- Digital design of soft-controllers.
- System-on-Chip (SoC)/Network-on-Chip (NoC) system design with FPGA/VLSI.
- Microrobotics & mechatronics.
- Test & measurement instruments design and signal processing and
- Empirical modeling.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Received the best teacher appreciation award, (2015), at Kings College of Engineering, Thanjavur.
- Received the best paper award (2014), in the International Conference on ‘Research Vogues in Information and Communication Technologies’, organized by DMI Engineering College, Aralvaimozhi, Kanyakumari.
- Received the best teacher appreciation awards, (2010 & 2014), at Kings College of Engineering, Thanjavur.
- Received the best coordinator award (2014) for the organization of DST-NIMAT sponsored Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp from 08.01.2014 to 10.01.2014 at Kings College of Engineering, Thanjavur.
- Received the best organizer award (2014) for the organization of AICTE sponsored project expo “ELECTROWAVES2K14” from 20.03.2014 to 22.03.2014 at Kings College of Engineering, Thanjavur.
- Received the best organizer award (2013) for the organization of Texas Instruments Sponsored Innovation Challenge – India Analog Design Contest 2014, from 03.10. 2013 to 05.10.2013, at Kings College of Engineering, Thanjavur.
- Received the best paper award (2010), in the IEEE International Conference on ‘Wireless Communication and Sensor Computing’ organized by SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam, Chennai.
- Part of the research work is sponsored by Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Government of India (GoI), New Delhi, India, (2009) under Extramural Research & Intellectual Property Rights (ER & IPR).
- Received the best paper award (2006), in the National Level Technical Symposium – OXCEM2K6, at Oxford Engineering College, Tiruchirapalli.
- Received the best teacher appreciation awards (2005 & 2006) at Arasu Engineering College, Kumbakonam.
Other Academic and Corporate Activities
- Publication chair – IEEE International conference (ICON-2016). Y Technical Chair – ISTE National level Annual Convention (2015). Y Lab Monitoring Committee (LMC) member (2015-16).
- IET coordinator (2015 to hitherto).
- Vigilance Squad member during Anna University theory/practical examinations (2014 onwards).
- Wi-Fi coordinator (2014 to hitherto).
- Short film director (About College) (2014).
- Anna University Representative during Anna University theory examinations (2012 onwards).
- Chaired – National Seminar/Conferences/Symposium (2010 onwards).
- Consultancy coordinator (2008 to hitherto). Y Co-PI – R & D projects (2008 to hitherto). Y PG course coordinator (2008-2011).
- UG/PG project coordinator (2008 – 2010). Y ISTE staff chapter coordinator (2008-2009). Y R & D coordinator (2008 to hitherto).
- Students mentor/batch counselor (2007-2013).
- HOD (i/c) (2006).
- Deputy warden (Boys Hostel) (2002-2003).
- Member - Question paper setting (2014 onwards).
- Internal/External examiner for evaluation/assessment of theory / practical answer scripts (2006 onwards).
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A & Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J 2015, ‘Seasonal Investigation on Prediction Accuracy of Atmospheric Turbulence Strength with a New Model at Punalkulam, Tamil Nadu’, Journal of Optical Technology.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J, Kumar, D & Raghavan, S 2015, ‘Design of Cognitive Decision Making Controller for Autonomous Online Adaptive Beam Steering in Free Space Optical Communication System’, Wireless Personal Communications, pp.1-35, DOI:10.1007/s11277-015-2660-3.
- Sofiya Jennifer, J, Arockia Bazil Raj, A & Pasupathi, T 2015, ‘Certain Investigations on Atmospheric Turbulence Strength (Cn2) prediction models for FSO Applications’ International Journal for Technological Research in Engineering, Vol. 2, Iss.8, pp.1579- 1582.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A & Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J 2014, ‘Comparison of Different Models for Ground-Level Atmospheric Attenuation Prediction with New Model According to Local Weather Data for FSO Applications’, Journal of Optical Communication, DOI: 10.1515/joc-2014-0054, pp. 1-16.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J & Durairaj, S 2014, ‘Comparison of Different Models for Ground-Level Turbulence Strength (Cn2) Prediction with New Model According to Local Weather Data for FSO Applications’, Applied Optics, vol.54, Iss.4, pp. 802-815.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J, Kumar, D & Raghavan, S 2014, ‘Intensity Feedback based Beam Wandering Mitigation in Free Space Optical Communication using Neural Control Technique’, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 160, pp.1-18.
- Anbuselvi, T, & Arockia Bazil Raj, A 2014, ‘Design and Verification of Pipelined Parallel Architecture Implementation in FPGA for Bit Error Rate Tester’, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 03, Spl.Iss.02, pp. 28-34.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J, Kumar, D & Raghavan, S 2014 ‘A Direct and Neural Controller Performance Study with Beam Wandering Mitigation Control in Free Space Optical Link’, Optical Memory and Neural Networks (Information Optics), Vol. 23, Iss.3, pp.111-129.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J, Kumar, D & Sivakumaran, N 2014, ‘Mitigation of Beam Fluctuation due to Atmospheric Turbulence and Prediction of Control Quality using Intelligent Decision Making Tools’, Applied optics, vol. 53, no. 17, pp. 37962-3806.
- 10.Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J & Raghavan, S 2014, ‘Real-time Measurement of Meteorological Parameters for Estimating Low Altitude Atmospheric Turbulence Strength (Cn2)’, IET- Science, Measurement & Technology, vol.8, Iss.6, pp. 1-11.
- Pasupathi, T, Arockia Bazil Raj, A & Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J 2014, ‘FPGA Implementation of Adaptive Integrated Spiking Neural Network for Efficient Image Recognition System’, ICT ACademy of Tamilnadu Journal on Image and Video Processing, Vol. 4, Iss. 4, pp. 848-852. IndexCopernicus Indexed-ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu Govt. ICV: 6.23
- Anbuselvi, N & Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Modeling and Hardware Implementation of Artificial Neural Network (ANN) Controller for Prediction of Control Variables, OSIET Journal of Communications & Electronics, May 2013, vol. 1, pp.1.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J & Kumar, D 2011, ‘Experimental Analysis & Mitigation of Atmospheric Turbulence Effects in TFSLSoC using Pipelined Opto-Electronic Architecture’, International Journal on Information and Communication Technology, Vol.4, Iss.1-2, 2011, pp.1-5.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A 2015, ‘FPGA-Based Bit Error Rate Tester (BERT) Design for Performance Measurement of Wireless Optical Communication System’, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A 2015, ‘Experimental Performance Verification of a Voice-coil based Actuator using Digital Fuzzy-Controller for Beam Steering and Spotting Applications’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A 2015, ‘Propagating Optical Waves Sensitivity Statistical Interpretations on Weather Parameters in on-ground Wireless Optical Communication System’, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, 2015, ‘Low Power and Compact Neural Controller Design for Beam Centroid Stabilization with a Horizontal-Path Propagating Gaussian-Beam Wave: Focused Beam Case’, Neural Computing and Applications.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A 2015, ‘Seasonal Statistical Analysis of Weather Data Impact on Atmospheric Optical Attenuation’, Journal of Modern Optics.
- Arockia Bazil Raj, A, Arputha Vijaya Selvi, J, Raghavan, S & Kumar, D 2015, ‘Quality Metrics and Reliability Analysis of Terrestrial Free Space Optical Communication in Different Open-atmospheric Turbulence Conditions together with Beam Wandering Compensation Control’, Journal of Photonic Network Communications.
- Publication of a BOOK titled “Free Space Optical Communication System with Characterization and Mitigation of Atmospheric Turbulence Effects” with IET Scitech Publishing, UK is under progress.
- Publication of a BOOK titled “VHDL Based Programming and Interfacing - A System Developer’s Guide” with Springer Publishing, U.K is under progress.
- Technical Report – Scientific Progress Report- DRDO sponsored research project, 2015.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory Manual, Kings Publications, 2014.
- Communication System Design and Simulation, Kings Publications, 2012.
MANUSCRIPTS REVIEWED (Journals’ Reviewer)
- WSPC Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computers (4*).
- IEEE Journal of Display Technology (2*).
- JWS Journal of Numerical Modeling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields (3*).
- IET Communications (4*).
- IET Science, Measurement & Technology (6*).
- IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement (2*).
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (1*).
- IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology (1*). *- Number of manuscripts reviewed.