Professor of Dermatology & Plastic Surgery
Faculty Life Sciences, Kumamoto University
|1998||Ph.D||University of Tokyo|
|1990||M.D||University of Tokyo|
Prof. Hironobu Ihn was born in 1964 at Kobe, Japan and graduated from University of Tokyo in 1990. He became assistant professor, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo in 1990, and worked as the research fellow in Division of Rheumatology & Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA between 1994 and 1997. He worked as the lecturer, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine between 2001 and 2005 and became the associate Professor, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo. He was elected as the professor & Chairman, Department of Dermatology & Plastic Surgery, Faculty Life Sciences, Kumamoto University in 2005 and became the Vice President, Kumamoto University Hospital in 2013. He obtained Japanese Society of Connective Tissue Research Award in 2001, Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology Award in 2005, and Japan Rheumatism Foundation Award in 2006.
- Dermatology & Plastic Surgery
- Connective tissue Research
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Skin Cancer
|2013–present||Vice President, Kumamoto University Hospital|
|2005–present||Professor & Chairman, Department of Dermatology & Plastic Surgery, Faculty Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan|
|2005||Associate Professor, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|2001-2005||2001-2005Lecturer, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|1997-2001||Assistant, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|1994-1997||Research Fellow, Division of Rheumatology & Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, USA|
|1993-1994||Assistant, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
|1992-1993||Clinical Fellow, Department of Dermatology, Kanto Rosai Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan|
|1991-1992||Clinical Fellow, Department of Dermatology, Kousei General Hospital, Tokyo, Japan|
|1990-1991||Assistant, Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan|
- Member of Japanese Society of Dermatology
- Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology
- Japanese Society of Clinical Immunology
- Japanese Society of connective tissue Research
- American Academy of Immunologists
- American Society for Matrix Biology
- Japanese Society of Allergy
- Japanese Society of Rheumatology
- Japanese Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- Japanese Society of Psoriasis
- Japanese Society of Skin Cancer
Honors And Awards
- 2006 Japan Rheumatism Foundation Award
- 2005 Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology Award
- 2001 Japanese Society of Connective Tissue Research Award
- Nakahara S, Fukushima S, Yamashita J, Kubo Y, Tokuzumi A, Miyashita A, Harada M, Nakamura K, Jinnin M, Ihn H. AT-rich interaction domain-containing protein 3B is a new tumor marker for melanoma. Acta Derm Venereol, 96: 112-114, 2017.
- Hamaguchi Y, Sumida T, Kawaguchi Y, Ihn H, Tanaka S, Asano Y, Motegi S, Kuwana M, Endo H, Takehara K. Safety and tolerability of bosentan for digital ulcers in Japanese patients with systemic sclerosis: prospective, multicenter, open-labele study. J Dermatol, 44: 13-17, 2017.
- Nakayama W, Jinnin M, Tomizawa Y, Nakamura K, Kudo H, Inoue K, Makino K, Honda N, Kajihara I, Fukushima S, Ihn H. Dysregulated Interleukin-23 signalling contributes to the increased collagen production in scleroderma fibroblasts via balancing microRNA expression. Rheumatology, 56: 145-155, 2017.
- Noguchi H, Hiruma M, Matsumoto T, Kano R, Ihn H. Ungual hyalohyphomycosis caused by Fusarium proliferatum in an immunocompetent patient. J Dermatol, 44: 88-90, 2017.
- Amagai M, Ikeda S, Hashimoto T, Mizuashi M, Fujisawa A, Ihn H, Matsuzaki Y, Ohtsuka M, Fujiwara H, Furuta J, Tago O, Yamagami J, Tanikawa A, Uhara H, Morita A, Nakanishi G, Tani M, Aoyama Y, Makino E, Muto M, Manabe M, Konno T, Murata S, Izaki S, Watanabe H, Yamaguchi Y, Matsukura S, Seishima M, Habe K, Yoshida Y, Kaneko S, Shindo H, Nakajima K, Kanekura T, Takahashi K, Kitajima Y, Hashimoto K. A randomized double-blind trial of intranenous immunoglobulin for bullous pemphigoid. J Dermatol Sci, 85: 77-84, 2017.
- Harada M, Jinnin M, Wang Z, Hirano A, Tomizawa Y, Kira T, Igata T, Masuguchi S, Fukushima S, Ihn H. The expression of miR-124 increases in aged skin to cause cell senecense and it decreases in squamous cell carcinoma. Biosci Trends, 10: 454-459, 2017.
- Wang Z, Jinnin M, Harada M, Kudo H, Inoue K, Nakayama W, Honda N, Makino K, Kajihara I, Fukushima S, Ihn H. Diagnosis of nail psoriasis: evaluation of nail-derived microRNAs as potential novel biomarkers. Eur J Dermatol, 27: 20-27, 2017.
- Maeda S, Kajihara I, Ogata A, Johno T, Jinnin M, Ihn H. Bromoderma in a pituitary adenoma patient treated with bromocriptine. J Dermatol, 44: e95-e96, 2017.
- Egashira S, Kajihara I, Kanemaru H, Uemura-Kiyohara M, Yamada-Kanazawa S, Nakahara S, Nagamoto E, Fukushima S, Jinnin M, Inoue Y, Ihn H. Achieved good response of S-1 and docetaxel combination chemotherapy in two patients with metastatic extramammary Paget’s disease. J Dermatol, 44: e103-e104, 2017.
- Saeki H, Nakagawa H, Nakajo K, Ishii T, Morisaki Y, Aoki T, Cameron GS, Osuntokun OO, Akasaka T, Asano Y, Etoh T, Fujita Y, Hashimoto T, higashiyama M, Igarashi A, Ihn H, Iwatsuki K, Kabashima K, Kawada A, Kawashima M, Nakamura K, Okubo Y, Okuyama R, Ozawa A, Sayama K, Seishima M, Shiohara T, Takahara M, Takahashi H, Takehara K, Tanase K, Tani M, Umezawa Y, watanabe H, Yamanaka K. Efficacy and safety of ixekizumab treatment for Japanese patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis and generalized pustular psoriasis: Results from a 52-week, open-label, phase 3 study (UNCOVER-J). J Dermatol, 44: 355-362, 2017.
- Noguchi H, Hiruma M, Matsumoto T, Yaguchi T, Sano A, Mitsui N, Watanabe S, Ihn H. Subcutaneous cystic phaeohyphomycosis due to Pleurostomophora richardiae. J Dermatol, 44: e62-e63, 2017.
- Yamazaki N, Takenouchi N, Fujimoto M, Ihn H, Uchi H, Inozume T, Kiyohara Y, Uhara H, Nakagawa K, Furukawa H, Wada H, Noguchi K, Shimamoto T, Yokota K. Phase 1b study of pembrolizumab (MK-3475; anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody) in Japanese patients with advanced melanoma (KEYNOTE-041). Cancer Chemother Pharmacol, 79: 651-660, 2017.
- Torii H, Nakano M, Yano T, Kadono K, Nakagawa H, Fujita Y, Horie K, Ito M, Iitani M, Ito K, Kaneko T, Akasaka T, Ohtsuki M, Yasuda M, Abe M, Tanida Y, Terui T, Arai S, Nakano T, Etoh T, Asano Y, Umezawa Y, Saeki H, Adachi M, Seishima M, Tokura Y, Morita A, Yamanaka K, Tani M, Tanimura H, Yamazaki F, Nishigori C, Kaneko S, Muto M, Nakamura M, Hino R, Nakayama J, Nakano T, Utani A, Sato T, Ihn H. Efficacy and safety of dose escalation of infliximab therapy in Japanese patients with psoriasis: Results of the SPREAD study. J Dermatol, 44: 552-559, 2017.
- Terao C, Kawaguchi T, Dieude P, Varga J, Kuwana M, Hudson M, Kawaguchi Y, Matucci M, Ohmura K, Riemekasten G, Kawasaki A, Airo P, Horita T, Oka A, Hachulla E, Yoshifuji H, Japanese Scleroderma Genetic Consortium, Caramaschi P, Hunzelman N, Baron M, Hassouns P, Raychaudhuri S, Liao K, Gregersen P, Torii T, Tsuchiya N, Takehara K, Sato S, Ihn H, Riccieri V, Melchers I, Valentini G, Cauvet A, Martinez M, Mimori T, Matsuda F, Allanore Y. Trans-ethnic meta-analysis of genome-wide association study identifies GSDMA and PRDM1 as susceptibility genes to systemic sclerosis. Ann Rheum Dis, 76: 1150-1158, 2017.
- Noguchi H, Hiruma M, Matsumoto T, Kano R, Tanaka M, Yaguchi T, Sonoda K, Ihn H. Fungal melanonychia: Ungual phaeohyphomycosis caused by Botryospheria dothidea. Acta Derm Venereol,97: 765-766, 2017.
- Noguchi H, Hiruma M, Matsumoto T, Yaguchi T, Tashima H, Ihn H. Multiple subcutaneous Candida abcesses on the palm and fingers in an immunocompetent patient. J Dermatol, 44: e174-e177.
- Sato Y, Kajihara I, Yamada-Kanazawa S, Jinnin M, Ihn H. S100A7 expression levels in coordination with IL-8 indicate the clinical response to infliximab for psoriasis patients. J Dermatol, 44: 838-839, 2017.
- Noguchi H, Hiruma M, Matsumoto T, Kano R, Ihn H. Ungual aspergillosis successfully treated with topical efinaconazole. J Dermatol, 44: 848-850, 2017.
- Yamazaki N, Kiyohara Y, Uhara H, Uehara J, Fujimoto M, Takenouhi T, Otsuka M, Uchi H, Ihn H, Minami H. Efficacy and safety of nivolumab in Japanese patients with previously untreated advanced melanoma: a phase II study. Cancer Sci, 108: 1223-1230, 2017.
- Yamazaki N, Kiyohara Y, Uhara H, Iizuka H, Uehara J, Ohtsuka F, Fujisawa Y, Tekenouchi T, Isei T, Iwatsuki K, Uchi H, Ihn H, Minami H, Tahara H. Cytokine biomarkers to predict antitumor responses to nivolumab suggested in a phase 2 study for advanced melanoma. Cancer Science, 1022-1031, 2017.
- Sawamura S, Kajihara I, Jinnin M, Honda Y, Ihn H. Cutaneous spindle cell adenolipoma on the nose: A rare variant of lipoma. J Dermatol, 44: e156-e157, 2017.
- Sawamura S, Jinnin M, Shimbara M, Nakamura K, Kudo H, Inoue K, Nakayama W, Kajihara I, Fukushima S, Ihn H. Serum levels of genomic DNA of 1(I) collagen are elevated in scleroderma patients. J Dermatol, 44: 927-931, 2017.
- Higashi-Kuwata N, Ogata-Aoki H, Hattori SI, Hayshi H, Danish M, Aoki M, Shiotsu C, Kuwamura T, Ihn H, Kobayashi H, Okada S, Mitsuya H. Early phase dynamics of traceable mCherry fluorescent protein-carring HIV-1 infection in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells-transplanted NOD/SCID/Jak3-/- mice. Antiviral Res, 144: 83-92, 2017.
- Nakamura Y, Kajihara I, Yamada-Kanazawa S, Maeda-Otsuka S, Johno T, Aoi J, Igata T, Masuguchi S, Fukushima S, Jinnin M, Ihn H. Intratumor dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase mRNA expression levels are decreased in extramammary Paget’s disease. Drug Discov Ther, 11: 152-155, 2017.
- Umezaki N, Ishimoto T, Koba I, Nakaya T, Mawatari M, Kuramoto K, Izumi D, Sakamoto Y, Miyamoto Y, Yoshida N, Watanabe M, Inoue Y, Ihn H, Baba H. Anorectal malignant melanoma with extensive intraepithelial extension: report of a case. Int Canc Conf J, in press
- Izumiya Y, Jinnin M, Kimura Y, Wang Z, Onoue Y, Hanatani S, Araki S, Ihn H, Ogawa H. Expression of Let-7 family microRNAs in skin correlates negatively with severity of pulmonary hypertension in patients with systemic scleroderma. Int J Cardiol Heart Vasc. 8: 98-102, 2017.
- Yamada-Kanazawa S, Kajihara I, Fukushima S, Jinnin M, Masuzawa M, Makuzawa M, Amoh Y, Hoshina D, Abe R, Ihn H. Inhibition of heat shock protein 90 exerts antitumor effect in angiosarcoma: involvement of the vascular endothelial growth factor signaling patway. Br J Dermatol, 177: 456-469, 2017.
- Sawamura S, Kajihara I, Makino K, Makino T, Fukushima S, Jinnin M, Oyama B, Hashimoto T, Ihn H. Systemic lupus erythematosus associated with myasthenia gravis, pemphigus foliaceus and chronic thyroiditis after thymectomy. Australas J Dermatol, 58: e120-e122, 2017.
- Oka A, Asano Y, Hasegawa M, Fujimoto M, Ishikawa O, Kuwana M, Kawaguchi Y, Yamamoto T, Takahashi H, Goto D, Endo H, Jinnin M, Mano S, Hosomichi K, Mabuchi T, Ueda MT, Nakagawa S, Beck S, Bahram S, Takehara K, Sato S, Ihn H. RXRB is an MHC-encoded susceptibility gene associated with anti-topoisomerase I antibody-positive systemic sclerosis. J Invest Dermatol, 137: 1878-1886, 2017.
- Nakashima S, Jinnin M, Kanemaru H, Kajihara I, Igata T, Okamoto S, Tazaki Y, Harada M, Masuguchi S, Fukushima S, Masuzawa M, Amoh Y, Masuzawa M, Ihn H. Down-regulation of miR-210, E2F3 and Ephrin A3 in angiosarcoma cell proliferation. Eur J Dermatol, in press.
- Ide M, Jinnin M, Tomizawa Y, Wang Z, Kajihara I, Fukushima S, Hashizume Yno Y, Asano Y, Ihn H. Transforming growth factor inhibitor Repsox down-regulates collagen expression of scleroderma dermal fibroblasts and prevents bleomycin-induced mice skin fibrosis. Exp Dermatol, in press.
- Ichihara A, Jinnin M, Ihn H. Treatment of psoriasis with ustekinumab improved skin tightening in systemic sclerosis. Clin Exp Rheumatol, in press.
- Aoi J, Fukushima S, Jinnin M, Ihn H. Fluorescence in situ hybridization for diagnosis of malignant melanoma using RREB1, MyB, Cep 6, and CCND1 probes in Japanese patients. Dermatologica Sinica, in press.
- Abe M, Nishigori C, Torii H, Ihn H, Ito K, Nagaoka M, Isogawa N, Kawaguchi I, Tomochika Y, Kobayashi M, Tallman AM, Papp KA. Tofacitinib for the treatment of moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis in Japanese patients: Subgroup analyses from a randomized, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial. J Dermatol, in press.
- Kajihara I, Yamada-Kanazawa S, Maeda-Otsuka S, Jinnin M, Akaike K, Ihn H. Secukinumab-induced interstitial pneumonia in a patient with psoriasis vulgaris. J Dermatol, in press.
- Inoue M, Miyashita A, Noguchi H, Hirose N, Nishimura K, Masuda M, Ihn H. Human protothecosis in Japan: A belated case report with current status. J Dermatol, in press.
- Egashira S, Jinnin M, Ajino M, Shimozono N, Okamoto S, Tazaki Y, Hirano A, Ide M, Kijihara I, Aoi J, Harada M, Igata T, Masuguchi S, Fukushima S, Ihn H. Chronic sun exposure-related fusion oncogenes EGFR-PPARGC1A in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Sci Rep, in press.
- Ogata-Aoki H, Higashi-Kuwata N, Hattori SI, Hayshi H, Danish M, Aoki M, Shiotsu C, Hashiguchi Y, Hamada A, Kobayashi H, Ihn H, Okada S, Mitsuya H. Raltegravir blocks the infectivity of red-fluorescent-protein (mCherry)-labeled HIV-1JR-FL in the setting of post-exposure prophylaxis in NOD/SCID/Jak3-/- mice transplanted with human PBMCs. Antiviral Res, in press.
- Noda-Yamashita T, Kajihara I, Kidou M, Ihn H. Dyskeratosis congenital associated with congenital hypothyroidism. J Dermatol, in press.