Professor and Vice Chair
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Medical University of South Carolina
|1968||M.D||Thomas Jefferson University|
- Hemophilia A and B
- Von Willebrand disease
- Gene therapy study
- Bleeding/thrombotic disorders
- Platelet disorders
- Factor VIII inhibitors
|2003- Present||Professor||Medicine , Division of Hematology- Oncology||Medical University of South Carolina|
|1990 – Present||Professor||Pathology and Laboratory Medicine||Medical University of South Carolina|
|1983 - 2002||Associate Professor||Clinical Services||Medical University of South Carolina,|
|1982 - 1990||Associate Professor|| Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
||Medical University of South Carolina,|
|1979 - 1982||Assistant Professor||Medicine||Medical University of South Carolina,|
|1977 – 1979||Assistant Professor||Medicine||University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT|
|1976 – 1977||Instructor||University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT|
|1975 -1976||Research Associate||University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington|
|1973 -1975||Attending Physician||U.S. Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, PA|
- Congenital antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Sultan I and Lazarchick J. In preparation.
- Neuroendocrine carcinoma – Lewis J, Post G, Hudspeth M, Lazarchick J. In preparation.
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: A study of 18 cases. Shabbir M, Lucas JT, Shirai K, Greenberg C, Lazarchick J. In preparation.
- GVHD/aplastic anemia: the utility of FISH analysis in the diagnosis. Post G, Black JS, Pollack R, Lazarchick J. In preparation.
- T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia: A rare disorder which frequently presents with cutaneous involvement. Ventre MO, Bacelieri RE, Lazarchick J, et al. In preparation.
- Primary Plasmacytoma of the Lung: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. E Stuppi, J Lazarchick, E Riemer. Accepted. J Human Pathology, February 2016.
- Validation of STA-Liatest D-Di Assay for Exclusion of Pulmonary Embolism According to the Latest CLSI/FDA Guideline. Results of Multicenter Management Study. Pernod G, Wu H, deMaistre E, Lazarchick J, et al. Submitted Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis. February 2016.
- Spindle Cell Variant of Primary Cutaneous B-Cell Lymphoma. Forcucci J, Ralston J, Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Sci. Accepted February, 2016.
- Plasma cell granuloma: An entity within the spectrum of IgG4-related disease. Forcucci J, Butler-Williams S, Miller N, Lazarchick J. ACLS: 2015.
- Prospective multicenter validation of STA-Liatest D-Di for exclusion of pulmonary embolism according to latest CLSL/FDA guideline. Pernod G, Wu H, deMaistre E, Lazarchick J, et al., Submitted. Thrombosis and Haemostasis, February, 2015.
- Recombinant human antithrombin in pregnant patients with hereditary antithrombin deficiency: Integrated analysis of clinical data. Paidas M, Triche EW, James AH, DeSancho M, Robinson C, Lazarchick J, Ornaghi S, Frieling J. Am J Perinatology, 2015
- Diagnostic Hemoglobinopathies: Laboratory Methods and Case Studies. Chapter 29 RBC Morphology. Editor Uddin Z Lazarchick J and Duong A. November 2015
- Hemophilia Therapy: The Future is Now. Department Newsletter, October, 2015.
- Senile transthyretin cardiac amyloidosis in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias: importance of cardiac biopsy for making the correct diagnosis. Roof L, Coker WJ, Lazarchick J and Kang Y. Aperito J Cellular and Molecular Biology 1:1-8, 2014.
- Rapid deterioration in a patient with primary aggressive cutaneous epidermotropic CD8+ cytotoxic T-cell (Berti's) lymphoma administered adalimumab. Jacks SM, Taylor BR, Rogers RP, Ralston JS, Metcalf JS, Lazarchick J. J Am Acad Dermatology, September e86-87, 2014.
- Proteomic analysis of murine bone marrow niche microenvironment identified thioredoxin as a novel agent for radioprotection and for enhancing donor cell reconstitution. N An, M Janech, A Bland, J Lazarchick, J Arthur, Y Kang. Experimental Hematol 41:944-956, 2013.
- Kidney-limited thrombotic microangiopathy in patient with SLE treated with romiplastim. Budisavljevic MM, Lazarchick J, et al., Lupus 22:504-509, 2013.
- Pierce W, Mazur J, Greenberg C, Mueller J, and Lazarchick J. Evaluation of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) laboratory testing and the 4Ts scoring system in the intensive care unit. Accepted. Ann Clin Lab Med, 2013.
- Hudspeth M, Lazarchick J. Pancytopenia after allogeneic bone marrow transplant due to copper deficiency. Accepted 2013. J Ped Hematol/Oncol.
- Padas M, Rriche E, James A, Ballard T, Desncho M, Robinson C, Lazarchick J and Lowry S. Recombinant human antithrombin in pregnant patients with hereditary antithrombin deficiency; integrated analysis of data. Submitted Thromb Haemost 2013.
- Jacks SM, Taylor BR, Ralston J, Metcalf J, Lazarchick J. Rpaid deterioration in a patient with primary cutaneous CD8-positive aggressive epidermotropic cytoxic T-cell lymphoma following adalimumab therapy. Submitted to J Am Acad Dermatology, 2013.
- Russell W. Jenkins, Christopher J. Clarke, John Thomas Lucas, Jr., Munira Shabbir, Bill Wu, Fabio Simbari, Joan Mueller, Yusuf A. Hannun, John Lazarchick and Keisuke Shirai. Evaluation of the Role of Secretory Sphingomyelinase and Bioactive Sphinogolipids as Biomarkers in Haemorphagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Submitted to Am J Hematol. 2013.
- Using proteomics analysis to identify novel proteins in murine bone marrow niche microenvironment that contribute to the enhanced donor cell engraftment with CSCR4 antagonist treatment. N An, M Janech, A Bland, J Lazarchick, J Arthur, Y Kang. Experimental Hematology 41:944-956, 3013.
- A case of T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia: A rare disorder which frequently presents with cutaneous involvement. MO Ventre, RE Bacelieri, RB Pollack, J Metcalf, J Lazarchick. Cutis 91:87-91, 2013.
- Evaluation of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) laboratory testing and the 4Ts scoring system in the intensive care unit. Pierce W, Mazur J, Greenberg C, Mueller J and Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Med 43: 429-435, 2013.
- Pancytopenia after allogeneic bone marrow tranplant due to copper deficiency. Hudspeth M, Lazarchick J. Accepted 2013, J Ped Hematol/Oncol.
- Rapid deterioration in a patient with primary cutaneous CD8-positive aggressive epidermotropic cytoxic T-cell lymphoma following adalimumab therapy. Jacks SM, Taylor BR, Ralston J, Metcalf J, Lazarchick J. Submitted to J Am Acad Dermatology, 2013.
- Evaluation of the Role of Secretory Sphingomyelinase and Bioactive Sphingolipids as Biomarkers in Haemorphagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Russell W. Jenkins, Christopher J. Clark, John Thomas Lucas, Jr., Munira Shabbir, Bill Wu, Fabio Simbari, Joan Mueller, Yusuf A. Hannun, John Lazarchick, and Keisuke Shirai. Am J Hematol 88: 265-272, 2013
- Immune Thrombocytopenia. Milligan L, Stuart R, Lazarchick J. The Oncology Nurse-APN/PA, 2012.
- Spindle cell lymphoma of the oral cavity: A case report and review of the literature. Chi A, Lazarchick J, et al. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 70:2229-2237, 2012.
- Elevations in serum secretory sphingomyelinase and serum ceramide in hemaophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. Jenkins RW, Lazarchick J, et al. In preparation 2012.
- Survey of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) laboratory testing and evaluation of tailored HIT screening protocol based on the 4Ts scoring system. Pierce W, Mazur J, Lazarchick J et al. Pharmacotherapy, 2012.
- Acquired platelet aggregation defect and the ketogenic diet. Brown E, Davis B, Lazarchick J, Hudspeth M. In preparation 2012.
- Lilligan L, Stuart R, Lazarchick J. Immune thrombocytopenia. The Oncology Nurse-APN/PA. 2012
- Post G, Lazarchick J, et al. (2012). Dissemianted neuroendocrine carcinoma in a pediatric patient: A rare case and diagnostic challenge. J Ped Heme Onc 34 (3): 200-203.
- Smith L, Minter S, Medina A, Lazarchick J. (2012). Adult neuroblastoma: case presentation and review of the literature. Ann Clin Lab Sci. Accepted.
- Chi A and Lazarchick J. (2012). Spindle cell lymphoma of the oral cavity. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70(9): 2229-2237
- Post G, Lazarchick, J, et al (2012). Update on anemia and neutropenia in cooper deficiency. Curr Opin Hematol 18(1): 58-60.
- Post G, Lazarchick J, et al., (2012). Clinically silent massive fetomaternal hemorrhage: Important lessions from an Illustrative case. Lab Hematol 18(2): 11-13.
- Disseminated neuroendocrine carcinoma in a pediatric patient. A rare case and diagnostic challenge. Post G, Lewis J, Hudspeth M, Lazarchick J. Accepted. Ped Hematol Oncol, June 2011.
- Dural MALT lymphoma with disseminated disease: a unique case and review of the literature. Matmati K, Matmati N, Hannun YA, Lazarchick J et al. Hematology Reports 2:48-53, 2011.
- Update on anemia and neutropenia in copper deficiency. Lazarchick J. Current Opinion in Hematology. Accepted September 2011
- Administration of recombinant activated factor VII in the intensive care unit after complex cardiovascular surgery: Clinical and economic outcomes. Uber W, Toole JM, Stroud MR, Haney JS, Lazarchick J, Crawford FA Jr, konomidis JS. J Cardio Thorac Surg Jun 141: 1469-1477, 2011.
- The utility of fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) analysis in diagnosing graft-versus-host disease following orthotopic liver transplant. Post G, Black JS, Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 41:188-192, 2011.
- Translocation t(3;8;9)(p25;p21;q34) in a patient with features of 8p11 myeloproliferative syndrome (EMS). Post G, Holloman D, Christiansen L, Smith J, Stuart R, Lazarchick J. Leukemia Research 34:1542-1544, 2010.
- Secondary hemophagocytic syndrome in adults: a case series of 18 patients in a single institution and a review of literature. Shabbir M, Lucas J, Lazarchick J, Shirai K. Hematol Oncol 2010 Aug 30.
- Iatrogenic immunodeficiency-associated lymphoproliferative disease of the Hodgkin lymphoma-like variant in a patient treated with mycophenolate mofetil for autoimmune hepatitis. Adams B, Lazarchick J, Medina AM, Willner IR, Neville B, Murphy E, Stuart R, Costa LJ. Am J Hematol Aug 85:627-629, 2010.
- PAX-5: a valuable immunohistochemical marker in the differential diagnosis of lymphoid neoplasms. Desouki MM, Post GR, Cherry D, Lazarchick J. Clin Med Res Jul;8(2):84-8, 2010
- Osseous Hodgkin Lymphoma: A Rare Presentation and Diagnostic Challenge. Post G, Escoto H, Kalpathi R and Lazarchick J. J Ped Hematol/Oncology 2010 June 2
- Translocation t(3;8;9)(p21;q34) in a patient with features of 8p11 myeloproliferative syndrome (EMS). Post G, Holloman D, Christiansen L, Smith J, Stuart R, Lazarchick J. Leukemia Research 34:2543-1544, 2010.
- Hematopoietic stem cell origin of human fibroblasts. Shirai K, LaRue M, Lazarchick J, et al. Experimental Hematol. 37:1464-1471, 2009.
- Extensive involvement of the gastrointestinal tract by a de novo presentation of the monoblastic type of myeloid sarcoma. Holloman D, Eberts P, Lazarchick J, et al. Am J Med Sci. 338:513-516, 2009.
- Prekallikrein deficiency. Verma N and Lazarchick J. Hemostasis CME.org 2009.
- Overexpression of nucleolin in engrafted acute myelogenous leukemia cells. Gattoni-Celli, Buckner C, Lazarchick J, et al. Am J Hematol. 1-3, 2009.
- Cardiovascular surgery in a patient with Glanzmann’s Thrombasthenia. Gillen J, Lazarchick J, Crawford FJ J Thoracic Cardiovasc Surgery (Epub June 2009).
- Anorexia Nervosa. Lazarchick J. Blood 111: 2008.
- Pancytopenia with myelodysplasia due to copper deficiency. Agnotti L, Post G, Robinson N, Lewis J, Hudspeth M, Lazarchick J. Ped Blood and Cancer 51:693-695, 2008.
- Use of recombinant activated Factor VII concentrate to control post-operative hemorrhage in complex cardiovascular surgery. Bowman LJ, Uber WE, Stroud MR, Christiansen LR, Lazarchick J, Crumbley AJ 3rd, Kratz JM, Toole JM, Crawford FA Jr, Ikonomidis JS. Ann Thoracic Surg 85:1669-1677, 2008.
- Iodinated contrast media: Effect of osmolarity and injection temperature on erythrocyte morphology in vitro. Kerl JM, Nguyen SA, Lazarchick J, Powell JW, Oswald MW, Alvi F, Costello P, Vogl TJ, Schoepf UJ. Acta Radiol 49:337-343, 2008.
- Antithrombin Alfa in hereditary antithrombin deficient patients: A phase 3 study of prophylactic intravenous administration in high risk situations. Tiede A, Tait RC, Shaffer DW, Baudo F, Boneu B, Dempfle CE, Horellou MH, Klamroth R, Lazarchick J, Mumford AD, Schulman S, Shiach C, Bonfiglio LJ, Frieling JT, Conard J, von Depka M. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 99:616-621, 2008.
- Testicular lymphoma: An update for clinicians. Verma N, Lazarchick J, Gudena V, Turner J, Chaudhary UB. Am J Med Sci. 336:336-341, 2008
- Use of bivalirudin to prevent thrombosis following orthotopic liver transplantation in a patient with Budd-Chiari syndrome and a history of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Anderegg BA, Baillie GM, Uber WE, Chavin KD, Lin A, Baliga PK, Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Med 38:277-282, 2008.
- Successful use of fondaparinux as an alternative anticoagulant in a two month old infant. Mason AR, McBurney PG, Fuller MP, Barredo JC, Lazarchick J. Ped Blood Cancer 50:1084-1085, 2008.
- CD20 positive T-cell Lymphoma/Leukemia: A rare entity with potential diagnostic pitfalls. Buckner C, Bourgeois D, Lazarchick JJ and Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:263-267, 2007.
- Posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorder--the great mimic in liver transplantation: appraisal of the clinicopathologic spectrum and the role of Epstein-Barr virus. Koch DG, Christiansen L, Lazarchick J, Stuart R, Willner IR, Reuben A. Liver Transpl Jun 13:904-912, 2007.
- Cold agglutinin induced autoimmune hemolytic anemia and NK-cell leukemia: a new association. Skorupa A, Chaudhary UB, Lazarchick J. Am J Hematol Jul 82(7): 668-671, 2007.
- Rituximab in the treatment of acquired factor VIII inhibitors. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 96:84-87, 2006.
- Lymphoblastic lymphoma presenting as malignant ascites. Van Ells R. and Lazarchick J. Leukemia and Lymphoma 47:2406-2408, 2006.
- A rare case of a multi-focal extra-adrenal myelolipoma with a markedly hypocellualr bone marrow. Sawhney R, McRae B, Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 36:208-11, 2006.
- Cytogenetic remission with imatinab therapy in hypereosinophilic syndrome with trisomy 8. Onitilo D, Chaudhary U and Lazarchick J. Leukemia and Lymphoma 46:1667-70, 2005.
- Natural killer cells in Cerebrospinal fluid of a 3 month old infant with DiGeorge syndrome and CMV infection. Turyan HV, Hoda RS and Lazarchick J. Diag Cytology. 32:287 2005
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia in a renal transplant recipient. Anderegg BA, Baille GM, Lin A, and Lazarchick J. Amer J Transplantation 5:1357-1540, 2005.
- Lymphadenopathy in a 3 year old boy 17 moths after bone marrow transplantation for acute myelogenous leukemia (AML-M5a). Turyan HV, Bourgeous D and Lazarchick J. Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:17-19, 2005.
- Chediak-Higashi Syndrome. McRae B and Lazarchick J. Blood 105:4162, 2005.
- Rapid diagnosis of orbital mantle cell lymphoma utilizing fluorescent in-situ hybridization (FISH) technology. Coffe RE, Lazarchick J, Chevez-Barrios P, et al. Amer J Ophthalmol 3:554-556, 2005.
- Primary mediatinal large B-cell lymphoma in an HIV-infected patient. Milling DL, Lazarchick J, and Chaudhary UB. Am J Med Sci 329: 136-138, 2005.
- Thromboembolic risk factors in patients undergoing kidney transplantation: Implications of abnormally short activated thromboplastin times. Guirguis NG, Lazarchick J, et al. Ann Clin Lab Sci 33:396-400, 2004.
- CD19 negative precursor B-cell acute lymhoblastic leukemia presenting with hypercalcemia. Sultan I, Kraveka J, Lazarchick J., Pediatric Blood Cancer.43:66-9, 2004.
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia: microgranular variant. Lazarchick JJ and Lazarchick J. Blood 104:605, 2004.
- Use of recombinant factor VIIa in infants with severe coagulopathies. Fontaine M, Lazarchick J. et al. J Perinatology. 24:310-01, 2004.
- Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Onitilo AA, Lazarchick J et al, Accepted May 2004.
- Sickle cell crisis associated with hemophagocytic-lymphohistiocytosis. Kio E, Onitilo A, Lazarchick J, et al. Am J Hematol 77:136-38 2004.
- Autologous bone marrow transplant in a patient with sickle cell disease and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Onitilo AA, Lazarchick J., et al. Transplant Proceedings. 35:3089-92, 2003.
- M7 leukemia. Lazarchick J. Blood 101:2452, 2003.
- Aplastic crisis in sickle cell anemia: Case study 100665. Lazarchick J. American J. Hematology Image Bank. April 2003.
- Diffuse B-cell anaplastic large cell lymphoma: Case study 100690. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology. April 2003.
- Agglutination versus Rouleaux. Fontaine M., Lazarchick J., Maes L. Immunohematology I-4:17-21, 2002.
- Follicular lymphoma with PAS-positive amorphous material: Report of two cases. Lazarchick J. Ann Clin Lab Sci 34:299-304, 2002.
- Tackling the devastating effects of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Abraham P, Uber W., Crumbl J, Lazarchick J. Congestive Heart Failure 8:331-33, 2002.
- Systemic to pulmonary artery shunt thrombosis in a neonate with heterozygous factor V Leiden mutation. Simsic JM, Uber WE, Lazarchick J, McQuinn T and Bradley SM. Ann Thoracic Surgery 74:2179-81, 2002.
- Paraneoplastic syndrome associated with large B cell NHL. Curran C. and Lazarchick J. Case Study 100510. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. November 2002.
- Multiple Myeloma: Acquired Platelet Dysfunction: Case Study 100185. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. April 2002.
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: Case Study 100174. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. April 2002
- Essential Thrombocythemia and Acquired von Willebrand Syndrome: Case Study 100172. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. April 2002.
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: Case Study 100177. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. April 2002.
- Acute Megakaryocytic Leukemia: Case Study 100184. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. April 2002.
- Amyloidodis and Factor X deficiency: Case Study 100170. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. January 2002.
- HIV-Related Thrombocytopenia: Case Study 100182. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. January 2002.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Thrombocytopenia. Case Study 100175. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. January 2002.
- Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia and Hyperviscosity Syndrome: Case Study 100179. Lazarchick J. American Society of Hematology Image Bank. January 2002.