Associate Director of psychology
|2007-2010||Doctor of Clinical Psychology||Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois|
|2005-2007||Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology||Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois|
|2000-2004||Bachelors of Science in Counseling||Florida Christian College, Kissimmee, Florida|
Kristen M. Carney, PsyD is a licensed clinical psychologist in the state of Illinois and currently serves as the Associate Director of Clinical Training at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Schaumburg Campus, an APA accredited Doctor of Psychology program. She has held this position since 2011 and currently oversees the training of Master’s and Psy.D. students at ISPP along with maintaining collaborative relationships with local practica and internship training sites. Aditionally, Dr. Carney teaches classes in psychoanalytic theory and therapy, integrative assessment, diagnostic practicum seminar, and self-care for mental health professionals. Dr. Carney received both her Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton College where she specialized in the integration of spirituality and psychology as well as psychodynamic theories. Prior to joining ISPP, Dr. Carney served as the Clinical Training Director at Heartland Counseling Center where she oversaw the therapy, diagnostic, and APA accredited Pre-Doctoral Internship programs. She has experience in a variety of mental health settings, focusing more recently on providing psychological assessment services for the Social Security Disability Administration. She also currently participates in a private practice in Saint Charles, Illinois, where she provides therapy for adults, adolescents, and couples. Dr. Carney’s research interests include spirituality and coping, parental identity as it relates to gender roles, and graduate student wellness. She currently runs a research group at her university with a focus on understanding graduate psychology student wellness utilizing an enhanced critical incident technique through qualitative interviewing.
- Creation and chairing of a student research group exploring psychology graduate student wellness and resiliency.
- Psychological assessments for the child and adolescent in patient.
- Writing integrated reports for each client.
- Faculty Advisor of the Year Award, Argosy University, ISPP (2015)
- Argosy University Faculty Grant Award (2013 & 2014)
- American Psychological Association (APA), Member
- Psi Chi Faculty Advisor
- Certified Family Wellness Facilitator
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Provider
- YogaFit Certified Yoga Instructor
- Wright, K. (2010). Fatherhood and the latino community: The need for culturally-relevant programming. National Alliance for Hispanic Families.
- American Hospital Association. (2010.) ProActive Kids: LifeStyle Curriculum. Chicago, IL: Jung, J., Swatzel-Marquie, K., & Wright, K.
- Wright, K. (2010). Contemporary fathers: Perceptions of christian men. Dissertation Abstracts International,71/10.