Department of Orthopaedic & Traumatology
Queen Mary Hospital
High West, Hong Kong
Phone: 2255 4581, Fax: 28174392
|1986||M.B.B. S||The University of Hong Kong|
|1988 (March)||FRACS (I)||Royal Australasian College of Surgeons|
|1991 (May)||FRCS (Edin.)||Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh|
|1993 (December)||FHKAM (Ortho)||Fellowship Diploma of Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Orthopaedic Surgery)|
|1997 (June)||European Diploma in Hand Surgery|
|2002 (December)||Master of Surgery by Thesis||The University of Hong Kong|
Dr. Josephine Ip is the Chief of Division of Hand & Foot Surgery in Department of Orthopaedics & Traumatology in the University of Hong Kong.
She was the past President of Hong Kong Society for Surgery of the Hand, past Secretary of the Asian Pacific Federation for Surgery of the Hand and the past Congress President of the 7th Congress of APFSSH in 2008. She is the founder of the Hong Kong Society for Diabetic Limb Care. She is currently the President-Elect of Hong Kong Society for Surgery of the Hand.
She is actively involved in clinical work in Hand Surgery, Microvascular reconstructive surgery and Diabetic hand & foot management. She is actively involved in basic research and applied research. She has over 100 publications including book chapters, peer reviewed journals and patents. Her research interest is in Biomaterials and their application in clinical problems including nerve conduit, bone regeneration and hand joint prosthesis. She is the advisor of the Southern China Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and she is a reviewer of various journals.
She also has great contribution in the sports of Weightlifting & Powerlifting and she is the Chairperson of the Hong Kong Weightlifting & Powerlifting Association. She is an enthusiastic athlete, a coach, an international referee and the medical committee member of International Powerlifting & Weightlifting Federations. Currently she is the Sports Captain of Hong Kong Medical Association.
Memberships in Professional Bodies
|1996-2004||Office Bearer, Hong Kong Society for Surgery of the Hand|
|2004-2006 and 2012-2014||President, Hong Kong Society for Surgery of the Hand|
|2008-2010||Founding President, Hong Kong Society for Diabetic Limb Care|
|2006-2008||Secretary, Asian Pacific Federation for Surgery of the Hand|
|-||Director/Chairperson of International Liaison Affairs Committee, Hong Kong Women Doctors Association|
|-||Life Fellow, Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association|
|Life Member, Asian Pacific Orthopaedic Assoiciation|
|-||Member, Hong Kong Medical Association|
|-||International Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery|
|-||International Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand|
|2010-2013||Council Member, The Hong Kong Medical Association|
- Ahmed S.K., Fung B.K.K., Ip W.Y. and Chow S.P., Lateral tibia condyle reconstruction by pedicled vascularized fibular head graft: long-term result: Case Report, Strategies in Trauma And Limb Reconstruction. Springer, 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11751-011-0108-1
- Ahmed S.K., Cheung J.P.Y., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Long Term Results of Matched Hemiresection interposition arthroplasty for DRUJ Arthritis in Rheumatoid Patients, World Scientific Jorunals, Hand Surgery. World Scientific Publishing Company, 2011, 16: 119-125. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218810411005217
- Ahmed S.K., Cheung J.P., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Long term results of matched hemiresection interposition arthroplasty for DRUJ arthritis in rheumatoid patients, Hand Surg. 2011, 16(2): 119-25. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218810411005217
- Barlaan P.I.G. and Ip W.Y., Heterotopic Ossification in the Middle Finger : A Case Report, Case Report in Orthopaedics. 2011, 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2011/323795Surgical management of radial head dislocation in quadriplegic cerebral palsy – a 5 year follow-up. R Garg, BKK Fung, SP Chow, WY Ip J. Hand Surg 2007 Vol 32ENo. 6, 725-726
- Barlaan P.I.G. and Ip W.Y., Our Early Experience in Surgical and Clinical Outcome on Endoscopic Cubital Tunnel Release : A Preliminary Result, ISRN Orthopedics. 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.5402/2011/427403
- Cheung J.P., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Mycobacterium marinum infection of the deep structures of the hand and wrist: 25 years of experience, Hand Surg. 2010, 15(3): 211-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218810410004874
- Cheung J.P., Fung B.K.K., Ip W.Y. and Chow S.P., Mycobacterium marinum infection of the hand and wrist, J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2012, 20(2): 214-8
- Cheung J.P., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Review on mallet finger treatment, Hand Surg. 2012, 17(3): 439-47. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218810412300033
- Cheung J.P.Y., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Peak Load Resistance of the JuggerKnotTM Soft Anchor Technique Compared with other Common Fixation Techniques for Large Mallet Finger Fractures, Hand Surgery. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218810413500433
- Cheung J.P.Y., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Review on Mallet Finger Treatment , Hand Surgery. 2012, Vol 17: 439-447. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0218810412300033
- Fok M.W.M., Ip W.Y., Fung B.K.K., Chan R.K. and Chow S.P., Ten-year results using dynamic treatment for proximal phalangeal fractures of the hand, Orthopedics. 2013, 03/2013: 348-358. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20130222-25
- Fung B.K.K., Ho S.M.Y., Fung A.S.M., Leung E.Y.P., Chow S.P., Ip W.Y., Ha K.W.Y. and Barlaan P.I.G., The Development of a Strength-focused Mutual Support Group for Caretakers of Children with Cerebral Palsy, East Asian Arch Psychiatry. 2011, 21(2): 64-72
- Garg R., Cheung J.P., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Epidemiology of occupational hand injury in Hong Kong, Hong Kong Med J. 2012, 18(2): 131-6
- Gary R., Cheung J., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Hong Kong Medical Journal , Occupational Injury in Hong Kong. 2012, 18: 1-6.
- Hung L.P., Leung Y.F., Ip W.Y. and Lee Y.L., Is locking plate fixation a better option than casting for distal radius fracture in elderly people?, Hong Kong Medical Journal. 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.12809/hkmj144440
- Ip W.Y., Sweed T.A.A., Fung B.K.K., Tipoe G. and Pun T.S., A New Technique of single portal Endoscopic carpal tunnel release, Techniques in Hand & Upper Limb Surgery. 2011, 16: 3. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/BTH.0b013e318230db42
- Jalil S.A., Barlaan P.I.G., Fung B.K.K. and Ip W.Y., Diabetic Hand infections in DM patients , Journal of Hand Surgery Asian Volume. 2011, 16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S021881041100559X
- Omoruyi J.O., Ip W.Y. and To K.K.W., Hand infection due to Mycobacterium neoaurum, The Journal of hand surgery, European volume. 2012, 37(6): 574-575. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1753193412442296.
- Omoruyi J.O., Ip W.Y. and Fung B.K.K., Metachronous Mycobacterium Terrae Complex Tensxynovitis of the Hand- A case report and review of literature , Journal of the Hand Surgery : European Volumn. 2012, 37.
- Sin C.H., Leung Y.F., Ip S.P., Wai Y.L. and Ip W.Y., Non-union of the triquetrum with pseduoarthrosis : a case report , Journal of orthopaedic Surgery. 2012, 20(1): 105-7.
- Tang C.Y., Tsui C.P., Tang Y.M., Wei L., Lam K.W., Ip W.Y., Lu W.W. and Pang M.Y.C., Voxel-based approach to generate entire human metacarpal bone with microscopic architecture for finite element analysis, Bio-Medical Materials and Engineering. IOS Press, 2014, 1469-1484. http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/BME-130951
- Tran R.T., Choy W.M., Cao H., Qattan I., Chiao J.C., Ip W.Y., Yeung K.W.K. and Yang J., Fabrication and characterization of biomimetic multichanneled crosslinked-urethane-doped polyester tissue engineered nerve guides, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A. 2014, 102(8): 2793-2804. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jbm.a.34952