Professor of Cardiovascular Sciences
- :(252) 744-4561 :(252) 744-5884
East Carolina Heart Institute
- 1968-1975 M.D.: Jondi ShaPour Medical School, Ahwaz, Iran
- 1974-1975 Senior Medical Student, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore,
- Medical School: Jondi Sapur Medical School; Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Residency: Wayne State University
- Fellowship: Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital; Johns Hopkins
- Cardiac Diseases
- Cardiac Echocardiography
- Cardiovascular Stress Testing
- CAT Scan (CT Scan)
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Stress Tests
Postgraduate Training and Fellowship Appointments
- 2006, 2007 Mini-fellowship in Cardiac CT at Johns Hopkins and UCLA
- 1982-1983 Fellowship in Nuclear Cardiology, the Johns Hopkins Medical Institution,
- 1980-1982 Fellowship in Cardiology, Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
- 1977-1980 Residency in Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- 1975-1977 Residency in Medicine, Reza Pahlavi Medical Center, Tehran, Iran
- July 1992-Present Professor of Radiology, Department of Radiology, East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
- July 1990-Present Professor of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, East (Tenured) Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1986-June 1990 Associate Professor of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1983-1986 Assistant Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia
Hospital and Administrative Appointments
- June 2004- June 2009 Associate Chief, Section of Cardiology
- August 2003- June 2004 Interim Chief, Division of Cardiology, University Medical Center of East Carolina- Pitt County Memorial Hospital and East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1986- Present Director, Nuclear Cardiology, University Medical Center of Eastern Carolina - Pitt County Memorial Hospital and East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
- March 2000-present Director, Cardiovascular Imaging Center. East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1986-June 1990 Director, Coronary Care Unit, University Medical Center of Eastern Carolina - Pitt County Memorial Hospital and East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, North Carolina 1983-1985 Director of Cardiac Radionuclear Imaging and Exercise Physiology Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Hampton, Virginia
Lectures to Medical Students and Medical Residents (Annual)
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Angina Pectoris
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary artery disease: Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention
- Doppler and Echocardiographic Studies
- Exercise Electrocardiographic Stress Testing
- Exercise Nuclear Studies
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Diagnostic Studies
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Morbidity and Mortality in Hypertensive Patients
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Use of -Blockers in Cardiovascular Disease
- Use of Calcium Antagonists in Cardiovascular Disease
Special Honors and Awards
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Fellow American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- Fellow Council on Clinical Cardiology, American Heart Association
- June 1988 Visiting Professor, Cardiac Imaging, National Heart and Chest Hospitals, London England
- 1984 Physicians' Recognition Award, American Medical Association
- 1974-1975 Scholarship, Senior Medical Student, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- MOVAHED A. Cardiac imaging in acute myocardial infarction. Prim Cardiol 1987; 13:27-34.
- DeAntonio HJ, MOVAHED A. Chronic ventricular ectopic activity: to treat or not to treat. Am Fam Physician 1994; 49(8):1709-1710
- MOVAHED A. Treatment of right ventricular infarction. Am Fam Physician 1999; 60 (6) : 1640-1649
- MOVAHED A. – Beta-blockers and congestive heart failure. AM Fam Physician 2000; 62:2402-2404
- MOVAHED A. The use of radionuclides in cardiovascular diagnosis. Prim Cardiol 1987; 13:90-98.
- Fuller T, MOVAHED A. Current review of exercise testing: application and interpretation. Clin Cardiol 1987; 10:189-200.
- Xenopoulos N, MOVAHED A. Radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging. Am Fam Physician 1991; 44(5):1681-1687.
- Paspa PA., MOVAHED A. Thrombolytic therapy in acute myocardial infarction. Am Fam Physician 1992; 45(2):640-648.
- DeAntonio HJ, MOVAHED A. Atrial fibrillation: current therapeutic approaches. Am Fam Physician 1992; 45(6):2576-2584.
- Purvis J, MOVAHED A. Magnesium disorders and cardiovascular diseases. Clin Cardiol 1992; 15:556-568.
- Shammas RL, MOVAHED A. Sarcoidosis of the heart. Clin Cardiol 1993; 16:462-472
- Forgosh LB, MOVAHED A. Assessment of cardiac risk in non-cardiac surgery. Clin Cardiol 1995; 18:556-562
- Akhtar W, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Indications for anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation. Am Fam Physician 1998; 58 (1) 1998; 58: 130-136
- Haji SA, MOVAHED, A. Right ventricular infarction-diagnosis and treatment Clin Cardiol 2000; 23: 473-482
- Haji SA, MOVAHED, A. Update on digoxin therapy in conjestive heart failure. Am Fam Physician 2000; 62: 409-416
- Khan, NUA, MOVAHED, A. Beneficial effects of B blockers therapy in congestive heart failure. Cardiovascular Review and Reports 2000; 21:488-493.
- Khan, NUA, MOVAHED A. Role of B-blockers in congestive heart failure. Congestive Heart Failure 2000; 6;6:299-312
- Raza JA, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Pharmacological stress agents for evaluation of ischemic heart disease. International Journal of Cardiology; 2001; 81: 157-167
- Raza JA, MOVAHED A. Use of Cardiovascular Medications in the Elderly. International Journal of Cardiology. 2002; 85: 203-215
- Reza JA, MOVAHED A. Current concepts of cardiovascular disease in diabetes mellitus. International Journal of Cardiology. 2003; 89: 123-134
- Khan NUA, MOVAHED A. Role of Aldosterone and Aldosterone-Receptor Antagonists in Heart Failure., Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine 2004; 5(2):71-81
- Raza JA, Rienhart RA, MOVAHED A. Ischemic Heart Disease in Women and the Role of Hormone Therapy. International Journal of Cardiology. 2004; 96: 7-19
- Reza JA, Babb J, MOVAHED A. Optimal Management of Hyperlipidemia in Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. International Journal of Cardiology. 2004; 97: 355-366
- Ghanem FA, MOVAHED A. Should Angiotensin Receptor Blockers be addad to Angiotensin-Concerting Enzyme Inhibitors in the Treatment of Heart Failure? Reviews in Cardiovasvular Medicine; 2005; 6(4): 206-213
- Shammas RL, Khan NUA, Nekkanti R, MOVAHED A. Diastolic Heart Failure and Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction: What we know, and what we don’t know. International Journal of Cardiology. 2007; 115: 284-292
- Ghanem FA, MOVAHED A. Inflammation in High Blood Pressur, A Clinician Prospective. Journal of the American Society of Hypertention. 2007; 1(2): 113-119
- Thenappan S, Raza J, MOVAHED, A Aortic Atheromas: Current Concepts and Controversies.Echocardiography Journal; 2008; 25(2): 198-207
- Ghanem FA, MOVAHED A. Use of Antihypertensive Drugs During Pregnancy and Lactation. Cardiovascular Therapeutics; 2008; 26:38-49
- George A, MOVAHED A. Coronary Artery Calcium Scores: Current Thinking and Clinical Application. The Open Cardiovascular Medicine Journal; 2008; 2:87-92
- George A, MOVAHED A. Cardiac Computed Tomography: Current Practice and Future Application. Reiews in Cardiovascular Medicine: 2009; 10(2): 97-105.
- George A, Parameswaran A, Nekkanti R, Lurito K, MOVAHED A. Normal Anatomic Variants on Transthoracic Echocardiogram. Echocardiography: 2009; 26(2): 1109-1117
- George A, MOVAHED A. Recognition of Noncardiac Findings on Cardiac CT Examinations. Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine: 2010; 11(2): 84-91
- Ghanem FA, MOVAHED A. Hypertension in Older Patients. Current Hypertension Reviews: 2010; 7: 166-172.
- Mehra S, MOVAHED A. Update on Cardiac Risk Stratification of Renal Transplant Candidates. Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine: 2010: 11(3); e130-e140 doi: 10.3909/ricm0547
- Mehra S, Movahed H, MOVAHED A. Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring. Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine 2011; 12(2:e94-e103
- Mehra S, Movahed, H, MOVAHED A. Emerging Therapies for Residual Risk. Reviews in Cardiovascular 2012;13(1):e24-e31 doi: 10.3909/ricm0583
- Movahed H, Cao LB, Pitzalis M, MOVAHED A. Beneficial Effects of Exercise Training in Patients with Chronic Heart Failure. Journal of Cardiology and Therapeutics 2013; 1(1): 20-33
- Nguyen T, Cao L, MOVAHED A. Altered Right Ventricular Contractile Pattern after Cardiac Surgery: Monitoring of Septal Function is Essential. Echocardiography 2014; 31(9): 1159-1165
Articles: Original Work:
- MOVAHED A., Becker LC. Electrocardiographic changes of acute lateral myocardial wall infarction: a reappraisal based on scintigraphic localization of the infarct. J Am Coll Cardiol 1984;4(4):660-667.
- Wait JL, MOVAHED A. Angina chest pain in sarcoidosis. Thorax 1989;44:391-395.
- Reeves WC, MOVAHED A, et al. Utility of precordial, epicardial and transesophageal two-dimensional echocardiography in the detection of intracardiac foreign bodies. Am J Cardiol 1989;64:406-409.
- Reeves WC, MOVAHED A, et. al. Quantification of acute aortic regurgitation by color doppler color flow in an experiment animal model. Echocardiography 1990;7(1):47-54.
- MOVAHED A, et al. Dobutamine and improvement of regional and global left ventricular function in coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol 1990;66:375-377.
- Jolly SR, Keaton N, MOVAHED A, Rose GC, Reeves WC. Effect of hyperkalemia on experimental myocardial depression by verapamil. Am Heart J 1991;121:517-523.
- Wagoner LE, MOVAHED A, Reeves WC. Myocardial imaging artifacts caused by mitral valve annulus calcification. Clin Nucl Med 1991;16(2):94-97.
- Jolly SR, Ordoukani A, MOVAHED A. Effect of neuropeptide Y on isolated rat hearts. Pharmacology 1991;43:121-127.
- Lewkow LM, Hooker JL, MOVAHED A. Cardiac complications of intensive dose mitoxantrone and cyclophosphamide with autologous bone marrow transplantation in metastatic breast cancer. Int J Cardiol 1992;34(3):273-276.
- MOVAHED A, Reeves WC, Baskin J, Jolly SR. Increased lung thallium uptake after oral dipyridamole testing. Clin Nucl Med 1992;17(6):489-494.
- Jolly SR, Reeves WC, Mozingo S, Mehta PM, Wilson E, MOVAHED A. Effect of diltiazem on norepinephrine-induced acute left ventricular dysfunction. Int J Cardiol 1992;36(1):31-40.
- Wagoner LE, MOVAHED A, Reeves WC, Jolly SR. Clinical significance of electrocardiographic Twave normalization with exercise. Am J Noninvasive Cardiol 1993;7:27-32.
- Arora G, Mehta PM, Paspa P, Jolly SR, Reeves WC, and MOVAHED A. A radioimaging technique for quantifying regional myocardial blood flow. Am J Physiol Imaging 1992;3(4):230-238.
- Jolly SR, Wilson VP, MOVAHED A, Mehta P, Boyd GS, Reeves WC. Effect of hyperkalemia on myocardial depression by verapamil in isolated hearts. Pharmacology, 1993;47:286-294.
- Arora GD, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Alteration of coronary perfusion reserve in hypertensive patients with diabetes. J Hum Hypertens, 1994;8:51-57.
- MOVAHED A, Reeves WC, Mehta PM, Gilliland MGF, Mozingo, SL, Jolly SR. Norepinephrine-induced left ventricular dysfunction in anesthetized and conscious sedated dogs. Int J Cardiol. 1994;45:23-34.
- Alshami AA, Jolly SR, Smith FL, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Exercise testing in patients with ECG evidence of left ventricular hypertrophy. Clin Nucl Med. 1994;19(10):904-909.
- Arora GD, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Effect of tobacco abuse on pulmonary thallium uptake during exercise myocardial perfusion scintigraphy. Am J Cardiac Imaging. 1994;8(3):261-265.
- Arora GD, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Thallium-201 liver uptake for assessment of jeopardized myocardium during dipyridamole stress testing. Clin Nuclear Med. 1994;19(7):283-289.
- Mehta PM, Grainger TA, Lust RM, MOVAHED A, Jarrett T, Gilliand MGF, Jolly SR. Effect of coccaine on left ventricular function: Relation to increased wall stress and persistence after treatment. Circulation 1995; 91:3002-3009.
- Tabrizi MHN, MOVAHED A. An improved diverging square algorithm for motion correction in the nuclear cardiac cardiac imaging. October Proceedings of the International Association of Science and Technology for Development. Signal and Image Processing. (STP 98), 1998; 767-771.
- Alkoutami GS, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. The safety of adenosine pharmacologic stress testing in patients with first degree atriorventricular block in the presence and absence of atrioventricular blocking medications. J Nucl Cardiol. 1999; 6: 495-497
- Tabrizi MHN, Dong K, Owens R, Scardigno R, Eubanks S, MOVAHED A. Tracking algorithms for motion correction of thallium-201 SPECT usuing image segmentation. October preceedings of the International Association of Science and Technology. Computer graphics and Imaging ( GGIM 99) 1999: 54-57
- Dong K, Tabrizi MHN, MOVAHED A. Self adaptive method for automatic shape recognition and motion correction of thallium-201 myocardial perfusion SPECT imaging. Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference of Information Technology: Coding and Computing. 2000; 477-482
- Tabrizi MHN, Dong K, Owens R, Scardigno S, Eubanks S, MOVAHED A. Motion correction of myocardial perfusion SPECT employing image enhanced diverging square algorithm. International Journal of Robotics and Automation. 2000; 15 (1) : 17-20
- Tabrizi MHN, Dong K, MOVAHED A. Tracking algorithms for motion correction of thallium-201 SPECT using improved diverging circle tracking method. Proceeding at the International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems, and Technology (CISST’ 00). 2000: 155-161
- Haji SA, MOVAHED A. Safety of adenosine pharmacologic stress testing in subjects with low systolic arterial pressure. CVR&R 2001; 22:61-63
- Tabrizi MHN, Dong K, MOVAHED A. Performance comparison of different motion correction algorithms used in cardial SPECT imaging. Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference of International Technology: Coding and Computing 2001:488-492
- Alkoutami GS, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. The frequency of atrioventricular block during adenosine stress testing in young, middle-aged, young-old, and old-old adults. The American Journal of Geriatric Cardiology 2001; 10:159-161
- Kulhanek J, MOVAHED A, Sorrell VL. Value of three dimensional echocardiography in qualitative assessment of cardiac anatomy and phathology. Proceedings of the International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems, And Technology. CISST 2001, Vol 2:733-738
- Kumar SP, MOVAHED A. Gender differences in the incidence of chest pain during adenosine pharmacological stress testing. CVR&R. 2002;23: 317-318
- Kulhanek J, Sorrell VL, Ershadi RE, Cabarrus BR, Short DB, MOVAHED A. Adenosine myocardial perfusion single photon emission computed tomographic stress testing 24-72 h after uncomplicated myocardial infarction. The International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2002; 18 (4): 269-272
- Kumar SP, Breington SD, O’brien KF, MOVAHED A. Clinical correlation between increased lung to heart ratio of technetium-99m sestamibi and multivessel coronary artery disease. International Journal of Cardiology. 2005; 101: 219-222
- Khan NUA, Ahmed S, Wagner P, Rumley R, MOVAHED A. Cardiac involvement in non-hodgkin’s lymphoma: with and without HIV infection. International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2004; 20 (6): 477-481
- Golzar J, MOVAHED A. Value of absence of a transient myocardial perfusion defect during stress myocardial perfusion study in patients undergoing major vascular surgery. International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2005; 21(2-3): 267-270
- Khan NUA, MOVAHED A. Pulmonary embolism and cardiac enzymee. Heart & Lungs. 2005; 34(2): 142-146
- Cummings M, Raza J, MOVAHED A. Atrial Fibrillation During Adenosine Pharmacological Stress Testing. Nuclear Cardiology Jurnal. 2006; 13(4): 576-581
- Khan NUA, Miller MJ, Babb JD, Ahmed S, Saha PK, Shammas RL, Macdonald RG, MOVAHED A. Spontaneous Coronary artery dissection. Acute Cardiac Care. 2006; 8(3): 162-171
- Palat GK, Hooker EA, MOVAHED A. Secondary mania associated with diltiazem. Clin Cardiol 1984;7:611-612.
- MOVAHED A, Wait JL. Carcinoma of the heart presenting as myocardial infarction. Am Heart J 1986;112(6):1329-1333.
- Reeves WC, Marcuard SP, Willis SE, MOVAHED A. Reversible cardiomyopathy due to selenium deficiency. JPEN 1989;13(6):663-665.
- Xenopoulos N, MOVAHED A, Hudson P, Reeves WC. Myocardial injury in electrocution. Am Heart J 1991;122(5):1481-1484.
- Paspa PA, MOVAHED A. Cardiac blood pool visualization by Ga-67 scintigraphy at 48 hours in a patient with severe heart failure. Clin Nucl Med. 1993;18(1):80.
- Shammas RL, MOVAHED A. Successful treatment of myocardial sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis. 1994;11:37-39.
- Arora GD, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Exercise induced left ventricular dilatation . Clin Nucl Med. 1994;19(10):923-924.
- Patel J, MOVAHED A, Reeves WC. Electrocardiographic and segmental wall motion abnormalities in pancreatitis mimicking myocardial infarction. Clin Cardiol: 1994;17:505-509.
- Shammas RL, DeAntonio HJ, MOVAHED, A. High-grade atrioventiventicular block during dipyridamole stress testing. Int J Cardiol: 1994;46:279-282.
- Haji SA, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Myocardial Stunning following coronary vasospasm as a result of anaphylaxis. CVR&R. 2001;22:403-405.
- Kumar SP, Reeves WC, MOVAHED A. Dobutamine induced coronary vasospasm in the absence of atherosclerotic coronary artery disease. CVR&R. 2002; 23: 82-84
- Brewington SD, MOVAHED A. Right ventricular Infarction with prominent ST segment elevation in electrocardiographic leads V3 and V4. CVR&R. 2002; 23:441-444
- Kumar SP, MOVAHED A. Isolated right ventricular infarction secondary to occlusion of the nondominant right coronary artery. CVR&R. 2003; 24: 92-95
- Kulhanek J, MOVAHED A. Uptake of technetium 99mHDP in cardiac amyloidosis. International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2003; 19: 225-227
- Kumar SP, MOVAHED A. Importance of wall motion analysis in the diagnosis of left main disease using stress nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging. International Journal of Cardiac Imaging. 2003; 19: 219-224
- Khan NUA, Reinhart RA, MOVAHED A. Electrocardiographic changes in acute pericarditis. Consultant. 2004; 44: 1022-1023
- Khan NUA, MOVAHED A. Intracardiac extension of a large cell undifferentiated carcinoma of lung. Heart. 2005; 91: 512
- Golzar J, Mustafa J, MOVAHED A. Chest pain and ST segment elevation three minutes after copletion of adenosine pharmacological stress testing. Journal of Nuclear Cardiology. 2004; 11 (6): 744-746
- Khan NUA, MOVAHED A, et.al. Left Main Myocardial Infarction in a Healthy Young Male. International Journal of Angiology. 2005; 14: 94-96
- Eilen D, Peterson N, Karkut C, MOVAHED A. Isolated Noncompaction of the Left Ventricular Myocardium: A Case Report and Literature Review. Echocardiography Journal; 2008; 22(7): 55-76
- Reza JA, Khan NUA, Mustafa JS, MOVAHED A. ST Segment Elevation During Adenosine Pharmacological Stress Testing in a Patient with Coronary Artery Disease. AM Heart Hosp J. 2009, 7(2): 122-124
- Brantley HP, Cabarrus BR, MOVAHED A. Spontaneous Multiarterial Dissection Immediately after Childbirth. Tex Heart Inst J 2012; 39(5): 683-686
- Cao L, Farooqui MA, Wood W, Cahill J, MOVAHED A. Saphenous graft on transesophageal echocardiogram masquerading as an abnormal vascular communication into the right atrium. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2013; 1(1): 28-30
- Cao LB, Jones C, MOVAHED A Low ADAMTS-13 in Plavix induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura World Journal of Clinical Cases 2013; 1(1): 31-33
- Cao L, Hannon, D, MOVAHED, A Noncoronary sinus of valsalva rupture into the right atrium with a coexisting perimembranous ventricular septal defect World Journal of Clinical Cases 2013; 1(4): 146-148
- Siddiqui AM, Cao LB, MOVAHED A. Side matters: An intriguing case of persistent left superior vena-cava. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2013; 1(5): 159-161
- Nguyen T, Cao LB, Tran M, MOVAHED A Biventricular pulsus alternans: An echocardiographic finding in patient with pulmonary embolism. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2013; 1(5) 162-165
- Alapat L, Chitwood WR, Cahill J, Mehra S, MOVAHED A Left ventricular pseudoaneurysm: A case report and review of the literature World Journal of Clinical Cases 2014; 2(4):90—93
- Jones C, Lodhi AM, Cao LB, Chagarlamudi AK, MOVAHED A. Atrium of stone: A case of confined left atrial calcification without hemodynamic compromise. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2014; 2(5): 142-145
- Nash G, Williams JM, Nekkanti R, MOVAHED A. Case of early right ventricular pacing lead perforation and review of the literature. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2014; 2(6): 206-208
- Bejarano M, Cameron YL, Koutlas TC, MOVAHED A. Transthoracic: A sensitive tool for detecting cardiac extension of renal cell carcinoma? World Journal of Clinical Cases 2014; 2(8): 377-379
- Nguyen T, Phillips C, MOVAHED A. Incidental findings of pericardial calcification World Journal of Clinical Cases 2014; 2(9): 455-458
- Lodhi AM, Nguyen T, Bianco C, MOVAHED A. Coumadin ridge: An incidental finding of a left atrial pseudotumor on transthoracic echocardiography. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2015; 3(9): 831-834
- Siddiqui AM, Harris GS, MOVAHED A, Chiang KS, Chelu MG, Nekkanti R. Transhepatic venous approach to permanent pacemaker placement in a patient with limited central venous access. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2015; 3(9): 835-837
- Mehra S, MOVAHED A, ESPINOZA C, Marcu CB. Horseshoe thrombus in a patient with mechanical prosthetic mitral valve: A case report and review of literature. World Journal of Clinical Cases 2015; 3(9): 838-842
Multicenter Clin ical Investigations
- Heller GV, et.al. Safety of early intravenous dipyridomole technetium 99m sestamibi SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging after uncomplicated first myocardial infarction. Am Heart J; 1997, 134: 105-111
- Brown KA, et.al. Early dipyridomole 99mTC sestamibi single photon emission computed tomographic imaging 2 to 4 days after acute myocardial infarction predicts in-hospital and post-discharge cardiac events-comparison with submaximal exercise imaging. Circulation: 1999; 100:2060-2066
- Udelson JE, et al. Randomized, controlled dose-ranging study of the selective adenosine A2A receptor agonist binodenoson for pharmacological stress as an adjunct to myocardial perfusion imaging. Circulation : 2004; 109, 457-464
- MOVAHED A. Diagnostic Ultrasound. Jondi-Shapour, Ahwaz, June 1975.
- MOVAHED A, Gnanasegaran G, Buscombe J, Hall M. Integrating Cardiology for Nuclear Medicine Physicians. 2009, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-540-78673-3
- Patel J, Cox J, MOVAHED A, Reeves W, Nanda NC. "Structure identification by transthoracic contrast - echocardiography". In Advances in Echo Imaging Using Contrast Enhancement. Edited by Nanda and Schlief (Kluwer Academic Publishers), 1993, pages 146 to 165.