Professor in General Surgery
Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh , India
Academic Distinctions / Awards
|2013||Dr. K.N. Udupa Endowment Lecture Award of Association of Surgeons of India|
|2012||Distinguished Senior Surgeon Award of IMA Varanasi, , Eminent Senior Surgical Teacher Award of U.P. Chapter|
|2004||Association of Surgeons of India|
|2003||Dr. K.L. Wig Oration of the National Academy of Medical Sciences|
|2001||Dr. S.P. Srivastava Oncology Oration Award of U.P. Chapter of ASI|
|1997 - 98||Glaxo Oration of National Academy of Medical Sciences|
|1996||Dr. K.L. Wig Oration for Advancement of Medical Education|
|1995-96||UGC Indo-Netherland Cultural Exchange Fellowship|
|1996||Junior Outstanding Surgical Teacher Award of U.P. Chapter, Association of Surgeons of India|
Professional / teaching experience
|Medical Superintendent||Sir Sunderlal Hospital||Banaras Hindu University nearly for 6 years|
|Former Head of the Department||Department of General Surgery||B.H.U|
|Visiting Professor & Head||Department of Surgery||B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal on deputation (Govt. of India) in 2006|
|Professor||Professor of General Surgery||Banaras Hindu University since 1997|
|Worked as Research Fellow in University of Wales||College of Medicine||Cardiff, U.K|
- Vivek Srivastava, Mumtaz Ahmad Ansari, Anand Kumar, Agni Gautam Shah, Rakesh Kumar Meena, PrasantSevach, Om Prakash Singh. Study of Anxiety and Depression among Breast Cancer patients from North India. Clinical Psychiatry 2016 Vol.2 No.1:15.
- Vivek Srivastava, NarendraNath Das, Anand Kumar, Mumtaz Ahmad Ansari. Is Single IncisionLaparoscopic Cholecystectomy Really Less Invasive than Traditional Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.New Indian Journal of Surgery Volume 6, Issue 4, October - December 2015, Pages 131-137
- Srivastava V, Tomar N, Kumar A. Trauma team activation during disaster. Indian Journal of Applied Research Volume : V, Issue : XII, December – 2015.
- Ansari MA, Srivastava V, Sahoo M, Kumar M, Kumar A. Prognostic evaluation of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis using endothelial markers in breast cancer. International Journal of General Medicine and Pharmacy Vol. 3, Issue 2, Mar 2014, 49-56.
- Ansari MA, Srivastav V, Sahoo BK, Kumar M, Kumar A. Status of triple negative breast cancer patients and its correlation with tumor vascularity in Indian scenario. International Journal of General Medicine and Pharmacy Vol. 3, Issue 2, Mar 2014, 37-48
- Vivek Srivastava, Neharika, Anand Kumar. Man versus machine in medicine: A twenty-first century dilemma. J of Res in Med ethics and Education, Vol 3(2)July 2013, 124-130.
- Pandey V, Srivastava V, Kumar A, Ansari M, Singh SK. Familial primary pigmented nodular adrenocortical disease without Carney complex (CNC): A case report and review of literature. Case Reports in Clinical Medicine Vol.2, No.8, 454-456 (2013)
- MNayak, S Singh, A Roy, V Prakash, A Kumar, D Dash, Anti- thrombotic effects of selective estrogen receptor modulator tamoxifen, Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2011, 624-635
- A Kumar, Withering internship training in India, Editorial, Indian J Surgery ( In press )
- Damyanti Agrawal, Anand Kumar, Mumtaz Ahmed Ansari, Vivek Srivastava, Tapan Kumar Lahiri, Aluminium phosphide poisoning with esophageal stricture and tracheoesophageal fistula 2010, 26: 198-203
- A Kumar, Srivastava V, Singh S, Shukla RC,Color Doppler Ultrasonography for treatment response prediction and evaluation in breast cancer – A Review, Future Oncology August 2010, Vol 6 (8) , 1265-1278.
- A.Kumar, Hippocratic oath in 21st Century, Ind. J Surgery March-April, 2010,171-175
- A. Kumar, Srivastava V, Basu S, Ansari M, Gupta S, Massive gangrene of the stomach due to primary antiphospholipid syndrome: report of two cases, Surg Today : 2010;40(2): 167-70. 2010
- Basu S, Srivastava V, AnasariM, Kumar A , A 26 year old man with abdominal pain, MedScape, e Med case presentation, May 5, 2010
- Anand Kumar et al, Colonic conduit for esophageal bypass in Celphos-induced tracheoesophageal fistula: our experience of two cases, International Journal of Colorectal Disease, Jan. 2009
- Basu S, Ansari M, Gupta S, Kumar A, Primary retroperitoneal transitional cell carcinoma presenting as a dumb-bell tumor, Singapore Med J 2009, 50(11), e384-387
- A Agrawal, CS Agrawal, A Kumar, O Lewis, G Malla, R Khatiwada, P Rokaya : Epidemiology and management of paediatric head injury in eastern Nepal, African Journal of Paediatric Surgery, 2008, Vol. 5, Issue 1 Page 15-18.
- Agrawal A, Malla G, Joshi S, Kumar A, Koirala S : Unusual mode of firearm injury from the recoiled rear end of a gun barrel, Singapore Med J 2008, 49 (9), e 238.
- Amit Agrawal, A Kumar, C.S. Agrawal : One year of neurosurgery in Eastern region of Nepal, Surgical Neurology. Volume 69, (6), 553-658 ,2008
- Anand Kumar, Seema Singh, Satyajit Pradhan, Ram C Shukla, Mumtaz A Ansari, Tej B Singh, RohitSyan and Saroj Gupta : Doppler ultrasound scoring to predict chemotherapeutic response in advanced breast cancer, World Journal of Surgical Oncology, 2007.
- A Agrawal, R Dutta, N Kumari, Bipin, A Pratap, SN Singh, Kumar A: Mechanical block of shunt due to fungal growth in an immunocompetent child, Iinfectious Diseases in Clinical Practice 15(3): 192-93, May 2007
- A Pratap, DK Gupta, A Tewari, AK Sinha, N Bhatta, SN Singh, CS Agrawal, A Kumar, SAdhikary : Application of a plain abdominal radiograph transition zone (PARTZ) in Hirschprung’s disease, BMC Pediatrics 2007, 7(5).
- Amit Agrawal, Jake Timothy, LekhaPandit, Anand Kumar, G.K. Singh, R. Lakshmi : Neurogenic Pulmonary Oedema, Eur J Gen Med 2007; 4 (1) : 25-32
- Agrawal A, Kumar A, Sinha A, Kumar M, Pandey SR, Khaniya S: Intracranial metastases from carcinoma cervix: case report and review of literature, Singapore Medical Journal 2007,48(5), e154-156
- Agrawal A, Kumar A, Tewari A, Sinha A, Patel A: Low velocity traumatic dissection of the internal carotid artery presenting as a stroke after a slash injury, Singapore Medical Journal 2007,48(5), e127-129.
- A Pratap, DKGupta, CS Agrawal, RK Pandit, S Adhikary, A Kumar, ATewari, SN Singh: Complex Urethral disruptions: In persuit of successful reconstruction, Int J Urology 14, 198-202,2007
- Pratap A, Agrawal A, Raja S, Khaniya S, Tiwari A, Kumar A: Fryns syndrome: Alethal ectomesodermal birth defect with variable expression in a pair of monozygotic twins, Singapore Medical Journal 48(4), e106-108,2007
- A Pratap, A Tewari, A K Sinha, A Kumar, S Adhikary, S Khaniya, R K Agrawal,V C Shakya,: Non familial juvenile polyposis manifesting as massive lower gastrointestinal bleed: A report of two cases, SurgToday(Japan), 37,46-49,2007
- Amit Thapa, Anand Kumar, Saroj Gupta : Abdominal Wall Endometriosis : Report of a Case and how much we know About it, The Internet Journal of Surgery, 2007,9(2).
- A Pratap, A Tewari, V C Shakya, G Paudel, A Kumar,S Adhikary, B Agrawal: Doppler study of splanchnic hemodynamics in Hirschprungs’s disease: European Surgical Research, 2007; 39: 148 – 152.
- Pratap A, Tewari A, Pandey SR, Agrawal B, Paudel G, Adhikary S, Kumar A: Giant cavernous hemangiolymphangioma of the bladder without cutaneous hemangiomatosis causing massive hematuria in a child, J Pediatr Urology, 2007, 3:326-329
- Pratap A, Saha GS, Bhattarai BK, Yadav RP, Nepal A, Bajracharya A, Kumar A, Adhikary S: Tracheal agenesis type B: Further evidence to a lethal congenital tracheal malformation, J PediatrSurg, 2007,
- Pratap A, Tewari A, Pandey S, Singh SN, Kumar A,Shakya VC, Agrawal A: Inflammatory myofibroblastictumor of abdominal wall simulating rhabdomyosarcoma. Report of a case Surgery Today ( Japan ), 37(4),352-355,2007.
- Agrawal A, Kumar A, Thapa A, Sinha A: Infected scalp hematoma presenting with low grade fever and significant weight loss, Infectious disease in clinical practice, 2007,15(1),74 .
- Agrawal A, Agrawal CS, Kumar A, Adhikari S, Koirala R, Bajracharya A: Head injuries: Experience at BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal, Nigerian Journal of Orthopedics and Trauma, June 2007, 6(1): 24-27
- Agrawal A, Agrawal CS, Kumar A, Kumar M, Yadav R: Spontaneous acute subdural hemorrhage, cerebral and pulmonary metastases in a known case of complete mole, Singapore Medical Journal 2007, 48(7),e186-189.
- Pratap A, Agrawal CS, Kumar A, Bhatta NK, Agrawal B, Tewari A and Adhikary S: Modified posterior transanorectal approach for urogenital sinus abnormalities, Urology 2007.
- Agrawal A, Dutta R, Kumari N, Kumar B, Pratap A, Singh SN, Kumar A: Mechanical block of shunt chamber in an immunotcompetent child, Infectious diseases in clinical practice, 15(3): 192-193, 2007.
- Agrawal A, Pratap A, Singh I, Kumar A : Cerebellar Abscess following mastoidectomy for chronic otitis media, Pediatric Neurosurgery , 43(4), 327-329, 2007 .
- Agrawal A, Pratap A, Agrawal CS, Kumar A, Rupakheti S: Transorbitalorbitocranial penetrating injury due to bicycle brake in a child, Pediatric NeurosurgeryPediatric Neurosurgery 2007;43:498-500.
- Pratap A, Tiwari A, Shakya VC, Pandey SR, Agrawal A, Kumar A, Ganglioneuroma of small bowel mesentry presenting as acute abdomen, J PediatrSurgVolume 42, Issue 3, Pages 573-575 (March 2007).
- Agrawal A, Agrawal CS, Kumar A, Adhikary S, Koirala R, Bajracharya A: Development of Neurosurgery in the Eastern region of Nepal: An initial experience, Nepal journal of Neurosciences, 2006, 3(2), 91-95.
- Amit Agrawal, CS Agrawal, Anand Kumar, Awadhesh Tiwari, R Lakshmi, Rohit Yadav : Gall bladder carcinoma: Stroke as the first manifestation, Ind J Gastroenterology ,25(6):316
- Agrawal A, Badhu B, Pratap A, Kumar A. Chalise PR : Orbital cellulitis and paranasal sinusitis with intracranial and subgaleal extension following trivial fall, African Journal of Pediatric SurgeryAfrican Journal of Pediatric SurgeryVol 3, No 2 (2006),
- Agrawal A, Singh GK, Kumar A, Kumar M, Ghimrie A: Orthopedics injuries, Chest injuries and associated Head Trauma: A difficult Scenario: Orthopedics Today 2006; 7(3): 146-150
- A Kumar, S Singh, S Pradhan, RC Shukla, MA Ansari: ColorDopplar Ultrasound as an Objective Assessment tool for Chemotherapeutic response in advanced Breast Cancer, Breast Cancer ( Japan ) , 12(1), 45-51, 2005
- AnandKumar,Mumtaz Ansari, Dinesh Shukla, Anuj Kumar Tripathi, RohitShyam: Augmentation gastroplasty using a segment of transverse colon for corrosive gastric stricture, Int J colorectal disease ( U K ) , Aug. 2005
- Mercy J Raman, Ritu Singh, Anand Kumar : Increased recombination and error-prone end joining activity in cell free extracts of breast carcinoma, Ind J Med Res ( Suppl ) Feb 2005,pp 35
- A Kumar, DN Upadhyay, S Singh, M Kumar, MA Ansari. Cholecystohydatid Fistula – A case report. ‘Indian Journal of Gastroenterology’. p.76-77, March – April 2004.
- VK Shukla, Amitabh Gautam&AnandKumar: Uterine perforation-Serious squeal of criminal abortion, IJCP 2003.
- A.Kumar, R. Khanna, Mumtaz Ahmad Ansari, Nitin, Seema Singh : Deliberate ingestion of sharp and long foreign bodies. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology. 22 (2), 72, 2003.
- A.Kumar,: B.P.Singh, Mumtaj Ahmad Ansari, A. Sandillium and U.P.Sahi. Quality of life assessment in India patients with advanced breast cancer, Annals NatlAcad Med Sciences 36(4): 115-154, 2000.