Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
|2002 –2004|| UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, IL
Critical Care Fellowship (2003 – 2004)
Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship (2002 – 2003)
|1999 –2002|| TEMPLE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, Philadelphia, PA
Chief Resident of Anesthesiology (2001 – 2002)
Anesthesiology Residency (1999 – 2002)
|1998 –1999|| EPISCOPAL HOSPITAL, Philadelphia, PA
Preliminary Surgery Internship
|1996 –1998|| KING EDWARD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Bombay, India
|1990 –1996|| GRANT MEDICAL COLLEGE, Bombay, India
Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery M.B.B.S.
She is a Cinical Associate Professor of Anesthesiology, Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology
Cardiac anesthesiology and Critical care medicine.
VADs and non cardiac surgery, Post Operative Delirium, Minimally invasive cardiac surgery including robotic surgery, Balanced Salt solutions in fluid resuscitation, Endovascular aortic surgery, Neurological complications in the cardiac surgery patient, Using Somatic Oximetry During Percutaneous Arterial Cannulation, Applied Physiology in the ICU, Ventricular Assist Devices, Liver Failure, Blood Conservation.
- MICHAEL E. DEBAKEY MEDICAL CENTER, Houston, TX, Special Contribution Award, 2005 & 2006.
- AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY, Council on Bylaws Committee, Perioperative Echocardiography, 2015-Present
- Pai Cole S: Intensive Care Management of Thoracic Aortic Surgical Patients, Including Thoracicand Infradiaphragmatic Endovascular Repair (EVAR/TEVAR). Seminars in cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia. 2015; 19 (4) 331-341.
- Pai Cole S, Gross, ER: Happy 53rd Birthday GIK: Insulin, Cake, and Presents. Anesthesiology.2015; 123 (2) 249-250.
- Pai Cole S. Ventricular Assist Devices and Non-cardiac surgery in 2015. American Society of Anesthesiologists Newsletter. September 2015 (79) 9: 22-25
- Shiose A, Desai P, Criner GJ, Pai S, Steiner RM, Kaiser LR, Guy TS, Toyoda Y: One-and-a-half ventricular repair for isolated right ventricle metastatic tumor resection after lobectomy for lung cancer. Innovations (Phila) 2014: 9(4) 330-333
- Tobochnik SD, Guy TS, Pai SS, Jacobson MP, Gutierrez CA: EEG asymmetry during aortic arch surgeries associated with selective preferential cerebral hypothermia. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2014;31(3) 232-5
- Pai S, Ruiz, J: TEE for Non-Cardiac Surgery. Clinical Updates: Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists 2011
- Ellis JE, Pai S: Pro: Vascular Stents in the Radiology Suite – An Anesthesiologist Is Needed.Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 2005; 19 (6) 801-804.
- O’Connor MF, Pai S, Nunnally M, Raman J: Argatroban anticoagulation in patients with ventricular assist devices. Anesth & Analg 2005; 100: S-120.
- Pai S PRO: Dexmedetomidine Is a Useful Perioperative Adjunct in Patients Undergoing CardiacSurgery Society for Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists newsletter 2003.