Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
|2007-2008||Fellowship, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesiology,The University of Teas Medical School,Houston, TX|
|2010-2013||Residency, Anesthesiology,The University of Texas Medical School,Houston, TX|
|2009-2010||Internship, General Surgery,Department of Surgery – North Shore,North Shore – LIJ Health System,Manhasset, NY|
Dr. Praveen Maheshwari is currently working as an Assistant Professor in Anesthesiology at Department of Anesthesiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, multispecialty, tertiary care hospital and is the only Level 1 trauma center in the state of Oklahoma, USA. Dr. Maheshwari completed his Anesthesiology residency and Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesiology fellowship at University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston. Heis a Diplomate of American Board of Anesthesiology and National Board of Echocardiography.He has been actively and extensively involved with teaching and mentorship of students, residents, and fellows. He has been a member of numerous departmental and hospital committees. He is a junior editor for In-training examination of ABA. He is a question writer for Self-Education and Evaluation Program of ASA. He hasbeen invited to present lectures at regional meetings and have done presentations at national and international meetings. He is a peer reviewer for few journals and hasnumerouspeer reviewed publications. Heis an editorial board member for Journal of International Archives of Clinical Anesthesia Research.
Airway Management, Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management,Trauma Anesthesia, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia.
- Maheshwari P, Bradley Kelsheimer, Maheshwari P. Novel techniques for increasing radial artery size during ultrasound guided cannulation. Can J Anaesth. 2015 (accepted for publication)
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Ultrasound-guided internal jugular vein cannulation: a novel technique for confirming the guidewire is directed towards the right atrium. Can J Anaesth. 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s12630-015-0518-5
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Long axis versus short axis of ultrasound guided central venous cannulation. Crit Care Med 2015 doi:10.1097/CCM.0000000000001341
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Single injection versus continuous thoracic paravertebral block for postoperative analgesia after mastectomy. J ClinAnesth. 2015.doi:10.1016/j.jclinane.2015.07.022
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Combined intrathecal and epidural catheter for cesarean delivery in super-morbidly obese parturients. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia (2015), doi:
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P.Guide wire loss after central venous catheterization: A preventable complication! J ClinAnesth.2015 Aug 15.pii: S0952-8180(15)00223-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinane.2015.07.018. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 26286132
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Ultrasound-guided internal jugular vein cannulation: techniques to confirm guidewire location. Can J Anaesth. 2015 Aug 26.[Epub ahead of print].DOI 10.1007/s12630-015-0466-0. PMID: 26307189
- Maheshwari P. Changing double-lumen tracheal tube curvature.Anaesthesia 2015: 70; 1206. PMID: 26372864
- Maheshwari P. Oxygenation during difficult airway management. Anaesthesia 2015: 70; 1330–1. doi:10.1111/anae.13280
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. A novel combined jaw thrust and lingual traction maneuver for airway clearance during fiberoptic intubation. Anaesthesia 2015; E-Letter.
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Compression forces during endotracheal intubation! Br J. Anaesth. 2015; E-Letter.
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Inhaled Tooth in the Bronchus: Sometimes Less is Better! Br J. Anaesth. 2015; E-letter.
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Failed Glide Rite Rigid Stylet Guided Intubation Rescued with Novel Technique. Br J. Anaesth. 2015; E-Letter.
- Maheshwari P. Awake nasal intubation and topical anaesthesia: how and how much? Anaesthesia 2015: 70; 879. DOI: 10.1111/anae.13135
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Comparing anaesthesiologist's muscular activity and workload during GlideScope vs Macintosh laryngoscopy. Is it really comparable? Br J Anaesth. 2015 Mar;114(3):525. doi: 10.1093/bja/aev009. PMID: 25694562
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Problems with "stick your tongue out" distraction technique for paediatric venous cannulation. Br J. Anaesth. 2015; E-Letter.
- Maheshwari P,Maheshwari P. Fasting for clear fluids in children: Is it time to rethink? Br J. Anaesth. 2015; E-Letter.
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. A new double-lumen endobronchial tube with an integrated camera (VivaSight-DLTM). Anaesthesia 2015; E-Letter.
- Maheshwari P, Maheshwari P. Endobronchial intubation technique and airway morbidity. Br J Anaesth. 2014 May;112(5):938. doi: 10.1093/bja/aeu111. PMID: 24771781