Professor of Surgery
University Rey Juan Carlos
Master in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery. University of Alcala. 2008.
Jaime Ruiz-Tovar, MD, PhD, is General and Digestive Surgeon at University Hospital Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid-Spain), where he is specialized in bariatric surgery. Professor of Surgery at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. Secretary of the Surgical Infections Section of the Spanish Surgical Society. Head of the Bariatric Surgery section of the ERAS-Spain group (Enhanced Recovery After Surgery). He actually leads several investigational projects focused on bariatric surgery and surgical infections
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Metabolic effect of bariatric surgery
- Electrical neurostimulation as alternative bariatric procedures
- Prophylactic measures against surgical site infection
- Specialist in General and Digestive Surgery at University Hospital Ramón y Cajal Madrid (Spain).
- Head of the Bariatric Surgery Unit at University Hospital Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid - Spain)
- Permanent member of the Obesity Committee at University Hospital Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid - Spain)
- Responsible for Unit of Neurostimulation for the treatment of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders at Garcilaso Clinic (Madrid)