|1990-1994||PhD of Molecular Virology and Oncology||Central South University, Xiangya Medical College (Hunan Medical University), Hunan Sheng, China.|
|1981-1986||MD||Central South University, Xiangya Medical College (Hunan Medical University), Hunan Sheng, China.|
Dr. Xiaoming Xie is Surgeon and Chairman of the Department of Breast Oncology and Director of the Laboratory of Cancer Biotechnology in the State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Xie obtained his MD in 1986 and his PhD in 1994 from Central South University. He later got postdoctoral training at the University of Navarra in Spain and University of Florida in USA. Dr. Xie worked as Research Associate in the Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA, during 1999 to 2003. Since 2003, Dr. Xie became Research Scientist and Translational Group Leader at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas. In 2010, Dr. Xie worked in Centre of Jean Perrin, University of Auvergne, France. Dr. Xie has gained multiple awards including the AstraZeneca Award, USA (2005), the Best Prize of the 10th Annual Oncology Research Seminar. USA (2001), the Travel Grant of the 6th Conference on retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, USA (1999) and the Best Oral Presentation Award of Terapia genica del hepatocarcinoma mediate la transferencia del gen la interlukina 12 y timidin kinasa mediada por adenovirus. Madrid, Spain (1998) as well as Dr. Sir QW Lee fellowship. USA (1997).
In 2008, he founded the Department of Breast Oncology in Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, where he serves as the Chairman, Surgeon and Professor.
Dr. Xiaoming Xie has published more than 110 peer-reviewed articles (including Nature Cell Biology, Cancer Cell, Cancer Research) with 11 patents and 3 ongoing clinical trials at MD Anderson Cancer Center. He is specialized in multidisciplinary care of breast cancer and translational research and clinical trials, as well as the primary investigator and co-investigator of more than 30 ongoing research projects and clinical trails supported by various grants.
- Surgical treatments for breast cancer
- Basic, translational and clinical research of breast cancer
- Breast cancer stem cells and targeted therapy
- Targeted biotherapy for cancer
- Novel animal models for in vivo imaging
- Nanoparticle Biotechnology
- Mechanism of development, metastasis and recurrence of breast cancer and basic and clinical research and clinical trial of breast cancer and clinical services (surgery and medical oncology).
|2008-Present||Professor, Director and Ph.D. Mentor, Department of Breast Oncology
Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Center, Guangdong Sheng, China.
|2008-Present||Visiting Professor, University of Auvergne, Centre of Jean Perrin, Clermont-Ferrand, France|
|2008-Present||PI and PhD Mentor, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangdong Sheng, China.|
|2003-2008||Research Scientist and Translational Group Leader. Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology,
University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas, United States.
|1999-2003||Research Associate. Department of Immunology,
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas, United States.
|1998-1999||Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Medicine, Pathology and Immunology, University of Florida, Florida, USA.|
|1995-1997||Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Navarra, Center of Gene Therapy, Spain.|
|1994-1999||Attending Physician and Instructor, Department of Medicine,
Central South University Xiangya Medical College, Hunan Sheng, China.
|1992-1994||Chief Resident, Department of Medicine,
Central South University Xiangya Medical College, Hunan Sheng, China.
|1991-1992||Resident and Teaching Assistant, Department of Medicine,
Central South University Xiangya Medical College, Hunan Sheng, China.
|1987-1990||Resident and Teaching Assistant, Department of Medicine,
Central South University Xiangya Medical College, Hunan Sheng, China.
|1986-1987||Assistant and resident, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Human Medical University, China.|
- 1997-Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 1999-Member, American Society of Gene Therapy
- 2000-Member, Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society
- 2004-Member, American Associate for Cancer Research(AACR)
- 2008-Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology(ASCO)
- 1992-Member, Chinese Society for Infectious Diseases, Chinese Medical Association (CMA)
- 1992-Member, Chinese Society for Microbiology and Immunology, CMA
- Board member-Journal of Cancer, USA
- Associate editor-Journal of Tumor, USA
- Associate editor-Chinese Journal of Cancer, China
- Associate editor-Chinese Journal of Breast Diseases, China
- Board member-Journal of Tumor Therapy, HK
- Co-editor-in-chief-Global Journal of Epidemiology and Public Health
Honors & Awards
|2015||“Best Doctor in Guangzhou”|
|2016||Who's Who in the World (33rd Edition)|
|2005||AstraZeneca Award ($50,000). USA|
|2001||First prize, the 10th Annual Oncology Research Seminar, USA|
|1999||Travel Grant, the 6th Conference on retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, USA|
|1997||Dr. Sir Q.W. Lee fellowship, USA|
|1994||Dr. Li Zhengbie’s Fellowship, China.|
|1993||Challenge Cup of China’s invention. China|
|1994||Dictionary of International Biography (Twenty-third Edition), International Biographical Center of Cambridge, England.|
|1992||Outstanding Ph.D. Student of the University of Central China|
|1994||Outstanding Postgraduate of the University of Central China|
- Lin X, Chen W, Wei F, Zhou BP, Hung MC, Xie X. POMC maintains tumor-initiating properties of tumor tissue-derived long-term-cultured breast cancer stem cells. Int J Cancer. 2017 Feb 18.
- Bo Chen, Danian Dai, Hailin Tang, Xi Chen, Xiaohong Ai, Xiaojia Huang, Wei W,
Xie X. Pre-treatment serum alkaline phosphatase and lactate dehydrogenase as prognostic factors in triple negative breast cancer. Journal of Cancer 2016; 7(15): 2309-2316.
- Tan W, Xie X, Li L, Tang H, Ye X, Chen L, Tang W, Gao J, Pan L, Zhang X, Ye F, Li X, Yang L, Xie X, Zheng W. Diagnostic and prognostic value of serum MACC1 in breast cancer patients. Oncotarget. 2016 Oct 25.
- Li X, Tang H, Wang J, Xie X, Liu P, Kong Y, Ye F, Shuang Z, Xie ZX. The effect of preoperative serum triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels on the prognosis of breast cancer.Breast. 2016 Dec 8; 32:1-6.
- Bo Chen, Danian Dai, Hailin Tang, Xiaohong Ai, Xi Chen, Xiaoyan Zhang,Zhiyan Li, Xie X. Pretreatment Hematocrit Is Superior to Hemoglobin as a Prognostic Factor for Triple Negative Breast Cancer. PLoS ONE 11(11):e0165133
- Dai D, Chen B, Wang B, Tang H, Li X, Zhao Z, Li X, Xie X, Wei W. Pretreatment TG/HDL-C Ratio Is Superior to Triacylglycerol Level as an Independent Prognostic Factor for the Survival of Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patients. J Cancer. 2016 Aug 7;7(12):1747-1754.
- Huang X, Li X, Xie X, Ye F, Chen B, Song C, Tang H, Xie X. High expressions of LDHA and AMPK as prognostic biomarkers for breast cancer.Breast. 2016 Sep 3;30:39-46.
- Wen J, Ye F, He X, Li S, Huang X, Xiao X, Xie X. Development and validation of a prognostic nomogram based on the log odds of positive lymph nodes (LODDS) for breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2016 Mar 15.
- D Dai, Bo Chen, H Tang, B Wang, Z Zhao, Xie X and W Wei.Nomograms for Predicting the Prognostic Value of Pre-Therapeutic CA15-3 and CEA Serum Levels in TNBC Patients. PLoS One. 2016; 11(8): e0161902.
- Huang X, Li X, Xie X, Ye F, Chen B, Song C, Tang H, Xie X. High expressions of LDHA and AMPK as prognostic biomarkers for breast cancer. Breast. 2016 Sep 3;30:39-46.
- Liu P, Ye F, Xie X, Li X, Tang H, Li S, Huang X, Song C, Wei W, Xie X. mir-101-3p is a key regulator of tumor metabolism in triple negative breast cancer targeting AMPK. Oncotarget. 2016 Jun 7;7(23):35188-98.
- Song C, Zhang L, Wang J, Huang Z, Li X, Wu M, Li S, Tang H, Xie X. High expression of microRNA-183/182/96 cluster as a prognostic biomarker for breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2016 Apr 13;6:24502.
- Xiao X, Huang X, Ye F, Chen B, Song C, Wen J, Zhang Z, Zheng G, Tang H, Xie X. The miR-34a-LDHA axis regulates glucose metabolism and tumor growth in breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2016 Feb 23;6:21735.
- Yang L, Tang H, Kong Y, Xie X, Chen J, Song C, Liu X, Ye F, Li N, Wang N, Xie X. LGR5 Promotes breast cancer progression and maintains stem-like cells through activation of Wnt/β-Catenin signaling. Stem Cells. 2015 Oct; 33(10):2913-24.
- Wen J, Ye F, Huang X, Li S, Yang L, Xiao X, Xie X. The tumor-to-breast volume ratio (TBR) predicts cancer-specific survival in breast cancer patients who underwent modified radical mastectomy. Tumour Biol. 2016 Jun;37(6):7493-500.
- Wen J, Ye F, Huang X, Li S, Yang L, Xiao X, Xie X. Prognostic Significance of Preoperative Circulating Monocyte Count in Patients With Breast Cancer: Based on a Large Cohort Study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015 Dec; 94(49):e2266.
- Wen J, Yang Y, Ye F, Huang X, Li S, Wang Q, Xie X. The preoperative plasma fibrinogen level is an independent prognostic factor for overall survival of breast cancer patients who underwent surgical treatment. Breast. 2015 Dec;24(6):745-50.
- Wen J, Ye F, Li S, Huang X, Yang L, Xiao X, Xie X. The Practicability of a Novel Prognostic Index (PI) Model and Comparison with Nottingham Prognostic Index (NPI) in Stage I-III Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Surgical Treatment.PLoS One. 2015 Nov23; 10(11): e0143537.
- Song C, Liu LZ, Pei XQ, Liu X, Yang L, Ye F, Xie X, Chen J, Tang H, Xie X. miR-200c inhibits breast cancer proliferation by targeting KRAS. Oncotarget. 2015 Oct 27; 6(33):34968-78.
- Lin X, Chen W, Wei F, Ying M, Wei W, Xie X. Night-shift work increases morbidity of breast cancer and all-cause mortality: a meta-analysis of 16 prospective cohort studies. . 2015 Nov;16(11):1381-7.
- Wang J, Zhang C, Chen K, Tang H, Tang J, Song C, Xie X. ERβ1 inversely correlates with PTEN/PI3K/AKT pathway and predicts a favorable prognosis in triple-negative breast cancer Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2015 Jul;152(2):255-69.
- Liu X, Tang H, Chen J, Song C, Yang l, Wang N, XieX, Lin X, Xie X. MicroRNA-101 inhibits cell progression and increases paclitaxel sensitivity by suppressing MCL-1 expression in human triple-negative breast cancer. Oncotarget. 2015 Aug 21;6(24):20070-83.
- Lin X, Li J, Chen W, Wei F, Ying M, Wei W, Xie X. Diabetes and risk of anastomotic leakage after gastrointestinal surgery. J Surg Res. 2015 Jun 15;196(2):294-301.
- Jiao S, Liu W, Wu M, Peng C, Tang H, Xie X. Nrdp1 expression to predict clinical outcome and efficacy of adjuvant anthracyclines-based chemotherapy in breast cancer: \newline A retrospective study. Cancer Biomark. 2015 Jan 1;15(2):115-23.
- Liu P, Tang H, Chen B, He Z, Deng M, Wu M, Liu X, Yang L, Ye F, Xie X. miR-26a suppresses tumour proliferation and metastasis by targeting metadherin in triple negative breast cancer. . 2015 Feb 1;357(1):384-92.
- Xie X, Tang H, Liu P, Kong Y, Wu M, Xiao X, Yang L, Gao J, Wei W, Lee J, Bartholomeusz C, Ueno NT, Xie X. Development of PEA-15 using a potent non-viral vector for therapeutic application in breast cancer. Cancer Lett. 2015 Jan 28; 356(2 Pt B):374-81.
- Chen B, Tang H, Liu X, Liu P, Yang L, Xie X, Ye F, Song C, Xie X, Wei W. miR-22 as a prognostic factor targets glucose transporter protein type 1 in breast cancer. Cancer Lett. 2015 Jan 28;356(2 Pt B):410-7.
- Xiao X, Chen B, Liu X, Liu P, Zheng G, Ye F, Tang H, Xie X. Diallyl disulfide suppresses SRC/Ras/ERK signaling-mediated proliferation and metastasis in human breast cancer by up-regulating miR-34a. PLoS One. 2014 Nov 14;9(11):e112720.
- Tang H, Liu P, Yang L, Xie X, Ye F, Wu M, Liu X, Chen B, Zhang L, Xie X.miR-185 suppresses tumor proliferation by directly targeting E2F6 and DNMT1 and indirectly upregulating BRCA1 in triple-negative breast cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014 Dec;13(12):3185-97.
- Wang J, Zhang X, He J, Yang M, Tang J, Li X, Tang H, Xie X. Co-expression of EGFR and CK5/6 in primary squamous cell carcinoma of the breast. Med Oncol. 2014 Sep;31(9):172. doi: 10.1007/s12032-014-0172-8.
- Xie X, Kong Y, Tang H, Yang L, Hsu JL, Hung MC. Targeted BikDD Expression Kills Androgen-Dependent and Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2014 Jul;13(7):1813-25.
- Yang L, Li N, Wang S, Kong Y, Tang H, Xie X, Xie X. Lack of Association Between the Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 -1306C>T Polymorphism and Breast Cancer Susceptibility: a Meta-analysis.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15(12):4823-7.
- Jiao S, Wu M, Ye F, Tang H, Xie X, Xie X. BikDDA, a Mutant of Bik with Longer Half-Life Expression Protein, Can Be a Novel Therapeutic Gene for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 17;9(3):e92172.
- Tang H, Xie X , Guo J, Wei W, Wu M, Liu P, Kong Y, Yang L, Hung MC, Xie X. Efficient systemic DNA delivery to the tumor by self-assembled nanoparticle. J Nanopart Res. 2014.16.2213.
- Lin X, Wu M, Liu P, Wei F, Li L, Tang H, Xie X, Liu X, Yang L, Xie X. Up-regulation and worse prognostic marker of cytoplasmic TARBP2 expression in obstinate breast cancer. Med Oncol. 2014 Apr;31(4):868.
- Ye F, Tang H, Liu Q, Xie X, Wu M, Liu X, Chen B, Xie X. miR-200b as a prognostic factor in breast cancer targets multiple members of RAB family. J Transl Med. 2014 Jan 21;12:17.
- Wang J, Xie X, Wang X, Tang J, Pan Q, Zhang Y, Di M. Locoregional and distant recurrences after breast conserving therapy in patients with triple-negative breast cancer: A meta-analysis. Surg Oncol. 2013；222(4):247-55
- Xiao X, Tang H, Xie X, Li L, Kong Y, M, Yang L, Gao J, Wei W and Xie X.Metastatic axillary lymph node ratio(LNR) is prognostically superior to pN staging in patients with breast cancer -- results from a single institution study of 804 Chinese patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(1):287-92.
- Kong Y, Yang L, Tang H, Lv N, Xie X, Li J, Guo J, Li L, Wu M, Gao J, Yang H, Tang Z, He J, Zhang B, Li H, Qiao Y, Xie X.A nation-wide multicenter retrospective study of the epidemiological, pathological and clinical characteristics of breast cancer in situ in chinese women in 1999 - 2008. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e57092.
- Li X, Feng YF, Wei WD, Liu P, Xie ZM, Wang J, Xie X. Signet-ring cell carcinoma of the breast: a case report. World J. of Surgical oncology. 2013;11:183-186.
- Tang H, Deng M, Tang Y, Xie X, Guo J, Kong Y, Ye F, Su Q and Xie X.miR-200b and miR-200c as prognostic factors and mediators of gastric cancer . Clinical Cancer Research .
- Tang H, Kong Y, Guo J, Tang Y, Xie X, Yang L, Su Q, Xie X. Diallyl disulfide suppresses proliferation and induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer through Wnt-1 signaling pathway by up-regulation of miR-200b and miR-22. Cancer Lett. Cancer Lett. 2013 Oct 28;340(1):72-81
- Gao J, Li L, Wu M, Liu M, Xie X, Guo J, Tang H, Xie X. MiR-26a Inhibits Proliferation and Migration of Breast Cancer through Repression of MCL-1. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 4;8(6):e65138.
- Guo J, Li W, Shi H, Xie X, Li L, Tang H, Wu M, Kong Y, Yang L, Gao J, Liu P, Wei W, Xie X. Synergistic effects of curcumin with emodin against the proliferation and invasion of breast cancer cells through upregulation of miR-34a. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013 Oct;382(1-2):103-11.
- Kong Y, Wang J, Liu W, Chen Q, Yang J, Wei W, Wu M, Yang L, Xie X, Lv N, Guo J, Li L, Gao J, Xie X, Dai S. Cytokeratin19-2g2, a novel fragment of cytokeratin19 in serum, indicating a more invasive behavior and worse prognosis in breast cancer patients. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e57092.
- Li L, Yuan L, Luo J, Gao J, Guo J, Xie X. MiR-34a inhibits proliferation and migration of breast cancer through down-regulation of Bcl-2 and SIRT1. Clin Exp Med. 2013 May;13(2):109-17.
- Wu MQ, Hu P, Gao J, Wei WD, Xiao XS, Tang HL, Li X, Ge QD, Jia WH, Liu RB, Xie X .Low expression of tyrosine-protein phosphatase nonreceptor type 12 is associated with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in operable triple-negative breast cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(1):287-92.
- Li L, Xie X, Luo J, Wei W , Xi S, Guo J, Kong Y, Wu M, Gao J, Xie Z, Tang J, Wang X, Yang M, Hung MC, X Xie. Targeted Expression of miR-34a by T-VISA System Suppresses Tumor Cell Growth and Invasion in Breast Cancer. Mol Therapy; 2012; 20(12):2326-2334
- Xie X, L Li, X Xiao, J Guo, Y Kong, M Wu, W Liu, G Gao, J L. Hsu, W Wei, M-C Hung and X Xie. Targeted expression of BikDD eliminates breast cancer with virtually no toxicity in noninvasive imaging models. Mol Cancer Ther.2012 ;11(9);1915-1924.
- Wu M, Wei W, Xiao X, Guo J, Xie X, Li L, Kong Y, Lv N, Jia W, Zhang Y, Xie X. Expression of SIRT1 is associated with lymph node metastasis and poor prognosis in both operable triple-negative and non-triple-negative breast cancer. Med Oncol. 2012 ; 3240-3249
- Su Y, Tang LY, Chen LJ, He JR, Su FX, Lin Y, Chen WQ, Xie X, Ren ZF. Joint Effects of Febrile Acute Infection and an Interferon-γ Polymorphism on Breast Cancer Risk. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e37275.
- Kong Y, Dai S, Xie X, Xiao X, Lv N, Guo J, Li L, Jia W, Zhang Y, Liu W, Wei W, Xie X. High serum HER2 extracellular domain levels: correlation with a worse disease-free survival and overall survival in primary operable breast cancer patients. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012; 2012;138(2):275-84.
- Lv N, Lin S, Xie Z, Tang J, Ge Q, Wu M, Xie X, Xie X, Wei W. Absence of evidence for epidermal growth factor receptor and human homolog of the Kirsten rat sarcoma-2 virus oncogene mutations in breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol. 2012;36(4);341-346.
- Xie X, Guo J, Kong Y, Xie GX, Li L, Lv N, Xiao X, Tang J, Wang X, Liu P, Yang M, Xie Z, Wei W, Xie X.Targeted expression of E. coli purine nucleoside phosphorylase and Fludara for prostate cancer therapy. J Gene Med. 2011;13:680-691.
- Xie X, J.L Hsu, M-G Choi, W Xia, H Yamaguchi, C-T Chen, Z Lu, N T. Ueno, JK. Wolf, RC. Bast, Jr. and M-Ch Hung. A novel hTERT promoter-driven E1A therapeutic for ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Therapeutics. 2009; 8(8):2375-82.
- Xie, X., Xia, W., Li, Z., Kuo, H-P.,Liu, Y., Li, Z., Ding, Q., Zhang, S., Spohn, W., Yang, Y., Wei, Y., Lang, J-Y., Evans, D.B., Chiao, P.J., Abbruzzese J.L. and Hung, M-C. Targeted expression of BikDD eradicates pancreatic tumors in noninvasive imaging models. Cancer Cell, 2007;12(July10):52-65.
- Xie, X, Z Luo, KM Slawin, and DM Spencer. The EZC-Prostate Model: Non-invasive prostate imaging in living mice. Mol Endocrinol 2004;18(3):722-732.
- Xie X, X Zhou, Y Liu, K Slawin, and D Spencer. Adenovirus-mediated tissue-targeted expression of a caspase 9-based artificial death switch for the treatment of prostate cancer. Cancer Res 2001; 61: 6795-804.
- Xie X, X Zhao, Y Liu, CYF Young, DJ Tindall, K Slawin, and D Spencer. Robust prostate-specific expression for targeted gene therapy based on human kallikrein 2 (hK2) promoter. Human Gene Therapy 2001;12(5): 549-61.
- Xie X, CE Forsmark, and JY Lau. Effect of bile and pancreatic juice on adenovirus-mediated gene delivery: Implications on the feasibility of gene delivery through ERCP. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 2000; 45(2):230-36.
- Zhang W, Zhang ZZ, Tang LY, Lin Y, Su FX, Xie XM, Su XF, Ren ZF. Genetic variants in EBV reactivation-related genes and the risk and survival of breast cancer. Tumour Biol. 2016 Jan 5.
- Zhang BL, Sivasubramaniam PG, Zhang Q, Wang J, Zhang B, Gao JD, Tang ZH, Chen GJ, Xie XM, Wang Z, Yang HJ, He JJ, Li H, Li JY, Fan JH, Wang X, Qiao YL.Trends in Radical Surgical Treatment Methods for Breast Malignancies in China: A Multicenter 10-Year Retrospective Study. Oncologist. 2015 Sep;20(9):1036-43.
- Tang H, Liu Q, Liu X, Ye F, Xie X, Xie X, Wu M. Plasma miR-185 as a predictive biomarker for prognosis of malignant glioma.J Cancer Res Ther. 2015 Jul-Sep;11(3):630-4.
- Wang Z, Wang N, Liu P, Peng F, Tang H, Chen Q, Xu R, Dai Y, Lin Y, Xie X, Peng C, Situ H.Caveolin-1, a stress-related oncotarget, in drug resistance. Oncotarget. 2015 Sep 27.
- Sivasubramaniam PG, Zhang BL, Zhang Q, Smith JS, Zhang B, Tang ZH, Chen GJ, Xie XM, Xu XZ, Yang HJ, He JJ, Li H, Li JY, Fan JH, Qiao YL. Breast Cancer Disparities: A Multicenter Comparison of Tumor Diagnosis, Characteristics, and Surgical Treatment in China and the U.S. Oncologist. Oncologist. 2015 Sep;20(9):1044-50.
- Wang N, Wang Z, Wang Y, Xie X, Shen J, Peng C, You J, Peng F, Tang H, Guan X, Chen J . Dietary compound isoliquiritigenin prevents mammary carcinogenesis by inhibiting breast .cancer stem cells through WIF1 demethylation. Oncotarget. 2015 Apr 30;6(12):9854-76.
- Zhang Y, Chen Y, Chen D, Jiang Y, Huang W, Ouyang H, Xing W, Zeng M, Xie X, Zeng W.Impact of preoperative anemia on relapse and survival in breast cancer patients.BMC Cancer. 2014 Nov 18;14:844.
- Song QK, Li J, Huang R, Fan JH, Zheng RS, Zhang BN, Zhang B, Tang ZH, Xie XM, Yang HJ, He JJ, Li H, Li JY, Qiao YL, Chen WQ. Age of diagnosis of breast cancer in china: almost 10 years earlier than in the United States and the European union. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15(22):10021-5.
- Zhou C, He Jj, Li J, Fan Jh, Zhang B, Yang Hj, Xie Xm, Tang Zh, Li H, Li Jy, Wang Sl, Qiao Yl, Huang R, Zhang P. A nation-wide multicenter 10-year (1999-2008) retrospective clinical study of endocrine therapy for Chinese females with breast cancer. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 18;9(7):e100159.
- Wang K, Ren Y, Huang R, He JJ, Feng WL, Kong YN, Xu F, Zhao L, Song QK, Li J, Zhang BN, Fan JH, Xie XM, Zheng S, Qiao YL. Application of intraoperative frozen section examination in the management of female breast cancer in China: a nationwide, multicenter 10-year epidemiological study. World J Surg Oncol. 2014 Jul 18;12:225.
- Xie Z, Wang X, Lin H, Wei W, Liu P, Xiao X, Xie X, Guan X, Yang M, Tang J. Breast-conserving therapy: a viable option for young women with early breast cancer--evidence from a prospective study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014 Jul;21(7):2188-96.
- Wang SL, Li YX, Zhang BN, Li J, Fan JH, Pang Y, Zhang P, Zheng S, Zhang B, Yang HJ, Xie XM, Tang ZH, Li H, Li JY, He JJ, Qiao YL. Epidemiologic study of compliance to postmastectomy radiation therapy guidelines in breast cancer patients in China between 1999 and 2008. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2013 Jul-Sep;3(3):209-15.
- Li J, Huang Y, Zhang BN, Fan JH, Huang R, Zhang P, Wang SL, Zheng S, Zhang B, Yang HJ, Xie XM, Tang ZH, Li H, He JJ, Hsieh E, Qiao YL, Li JY. Body mass index and breast cancer defined by biological receptor status in pre-menopausal and post-menopausal women: a multicenter study in China. PLoS One. 2014 Jan 29;9(1):e87224.
- Lee H, Li JY, Fan JH, Li J, Huang R, Zhang BN, Zhang B, Yang HJ, Xie XM, Tang ZH, Li H, He JJ, Wang Q, Huang Y, Qiao YL, Pang Y. Risk factors for breast cancer among Chinese women: a 10-year nationwide multicenter cross-sectional study. J Epidemiol. 2014;24(1):67-76. Epub 2013 Nov 23.
- Song Q, Huang R, Li J, Fan J, Zheng S, Zhang B, Yang H, Tang Z, He J, Xie X, Li H, Li J, Qiao Y. The Diverse Distribution of Risk Factors between Breast Cancer Subtypes of ER, PR and HER2: A 10-Year Retrospective Multi-Center Study in China. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 20;8(8):e72175.
- Li L, Luo J, Wang B, Wang D, Xie X, Yuan L, Guo J, Xi S, Gao J, Lin X, Kong Y, Xu X, Tang H, Xie X, Liu M.Microrna-124 targets flotillin-1 to regulate proliferation and migration in breast cancer.Mol Cancer. 2013 Dec 13;12:163.
- Zhang B, Song Q, Zhang B, Tang Z, Xie X, Yang H, He J, Li H, Li J, Li J, Fan J, Huang R, Zhang H, Qiao Y. A 10-year (1999 ∼ 2008) retrospective multi-center study of breast cancer surgical management in various geographic areas of China. Breast. 2013 Feb 4.
- Cen YL, Qi ML, Li HG, Su Y, Chen LJ, Lin Y, Chen WQ, Xie XM, Tang LY, Ren ZF. Associations of polymorphisms in the genes of FGFR2, FGF1, and RBFOX2 with breast cancer risk by estrogen/progesterone receptor status. Mol Carcinog. 2012 Nov 9.
- Wang SL, Li YX, Zhang BN, Li J, Fan JH, He JJ, Song QK, Zhang P, Zheng S, Zhang B, Yang HJ, Xie XM, Tang ZH, Li H, Li JY, Qiao YL. Epidemiologic study of radiotherapy use in China in patients with breast cancer between 1999 and 2008. Clin Breast Cancer. 2013 Feb;13(1):47-52.
- Ge QD, Lv N, Kong YN, Xie XH, He N, Xie XM, Wei WD. Clinical characteristics and survival analysis of breast cancer molecular subtypes with hepatic metastases. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2012;13(10):5081-6.
- Ma X, Beeghly-Fadiel A, Lu W, Shi J, Xiang YB, Cai Q, Shen H, Shen CY, Ren Z, Matsuo K, Khoo US, Iwasaki M, Long J, Zhang B, Ji BT, Zheng Y, Wang W, Hu Z, Liu Y, Wu PE, Shieh YL, Wang S, Xie X, Ito H, Kasuga Y, Chan KY, Iwata H, Tsugane S, Gao YT, Shu XO, Moses HL, Zheng W. Pathway Analyses Identify TGFBR2 as Potential Breast Cancer Susceptibility Gene: Results from a Consortium Study among Asians. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012 May 21.
- Wang Q, Li J, Zheng S, Li JY, Pang Y, Huang R, Zhang BN, Zhang B, Yang HJ, Xie X, Tang ZH, Li H, He JJ, Fan JH, Qiao YL. Breast cancer stage at diagnosis and area-based socioeconomic status: a multicenter 10-year retrospective clinical epidemiological study in China. BMC Cancer. 2012 Mar 29;12:122.
- Long J, Cai Q, Sung H, Shi J, Zhang B, Choi JY, Wen W, Delahanty RJ, Lu W, Gao YT, Shen H, Park SK, Chen K, Shen CY, Ren Z, Haiman CA, Matsuo K, Kim MK, Khoo US, Iwasaki M, Zheng Y, Xiang YB, Gu K, Rothman N, Wang W, Hu Z, Liu Y, Yoo KY, Noh DY, Han BG, Lee MH, Zheng H, Zhang L, Wu PE, Shieh YL, Chan SY, Wang S, Xie X, Kim SW, Henderson BE, Le Marchand L, Ito H, Kasuga Y, Ahn SH, Kang HS, Chan KY, Iwata H, Tsugane S, Li C, Shu XO, Kang DH, Zheng W. Genome-wide association study in east Asians identifies novel susceptibility loci for breast cancer. PLoS Genet. 2012 Feb;8(2):e1002532.
- Shao YZ, Liu LZ, Bie MJ, Li CC, Wu YP, Xie X, Li L. Characterizing the clustered microcalcifications on mammograms to predict the pathological classification and grading: a mathematical modeling approach. J Digit Imaging. 2011 Oct;24(5):764-71.
- Lv N, Xie X, Ge Q, Lin S, Wang X, Kong Y, Shi H, Xie X, Wei W. Epidermal growth factor receptor in breast carcinoma: association between gene copy number and mutations. Diagn Pathol. 2011 Dec 2;6(1):118.
- Liu Y, Lang F, Xie X, Prabhu S, Xu J, Sampath D, Aldape K, Fuller G, Puduvalli VK. Efficacy of adenovirally expressed soluble TRAIL in human glioma organotypic slice culture and glioma xenografts. Cell Death Dis. 2011 Feb 24;2:e121.
- Li J, Zhang BN, Fan JH, Pang Y, Zhang P, Wang SL, Zheng S, Zhang B, Yang HJ, Xie X, Tang ZH, Li H, Li JY, He JJ, Qiao YL. A Nation-Wide multicenter 10-year (1999-2008) retrospective clinical epidemiological study of female breast cancer in china. BMC Cancer. 2011 Aug 22;11:364.
- Xie ZM, Li LS, Laquet C, Penault-Llorca F, Uhrhammer N, Xie X, Bignon YJ. Germline mutations of the E-cadherin gene in families with inherited invasive lobular breast carcinoma but no diffuse gastric cancer. Cancer. 2011; 117 (14): 3112-17.
- Xiao X, Shi D, Liu L, Wang J, Xie X, Kang T, Deng W. Quercetin suppresses cyclooxygenase-2 expression and angiogenesis through inactivation of P300 signaling. PLoS One. 2011;6(8):e22934.
- Lang JY, Hsu JL, Meric-Bernstam F, Chang CJ, Wang Q, Bao Y, Yamaguchi H, Xie X, Woodward WA, Yu D, Hortobagyi GN, Hung MC. BikDD Eliminates Breast Cancer Initiating Cells and Synergizes with Lapatinib for Breast Cancer Treatment. Cancer Cell. 2011 Sep 13;20(3):341-56.
- Cai Q, Long J, Lu W, Qu S, Wen W, Kang D, Lee JY, Chen K, Shen H, Shen CY, Sung H, Matsuo K, Haiman CA, Khoo US, Ren Z, Iwasaki M, Gu K, Xiang YB, Choi JY, Park SK, Zhang L, Hu Z, Wu PE, Noh DY, Tajima K, Henderson BE, Chan KY, Su F, Kasuga Y, Wang W, Cheng JR, Yoo KY, Lee JY, Zheng H, Liu Y, Shieh YL, Kim SW, Lee JW, Iwata H, Le Marchand L, Chan SY, Xie X, Tsugane S, Lee MH, Wang S, Li G, Levy S, Huang B, Shi J, Delahanty R, Zheng Y, Li C, Gao YT, Shu XO, Zheng W.Genome-wideassociation study identifies breast cancer risk variant at 10q21.2: results from the Asia Breast Cancer Consortium. Hum Mol Genet. 2011 Dec 15;20(24):4991-9.
- Ding Q, Chang CJ, Xie X, Xia W, Yang JY, Wang SC, Wang Y, Xia J, Chen L, Cai C, Li H, Yen CJ, Kuo HP, Lee DF, Lang J, Huo L, Cheng X, Chen YJ, Li CW, Jeng LB, Hsu JL, Li LY, Tan A, Curley SA, Ellis LM, Dubois RN, Hung M.APOBEC3G promotes liver metastasis in an orthotopic mouse model of colorectal cancer and predicts human hepatic metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2011 Nov 1;121(11):4526-36.
- Chang CJ, Yang JY, Xia W, Chen CT, Xie X, Chao CH, Woodward WA, Hsu JM, Hortobagyi GN, Hung MC. EZH2 Promotes Expansion of Breast Tumor Initiating Cells through Activation of RAF1-β Catenin Signaling. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:86-100
- Song H, Li CW, Labaff AM, Lim SO, Li LY, Kan SF, Chen Y, Zhang K, Lang J, Xie X, Wang Y, Huo LF, Hsu SC, Chen X, Zhao Y, Hung MC. Acetylation of EGF receptor contributes to tumor cell resistance to histone deacetylase inhibitors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011 Jan 7;404(1):68-73.
- Tang J, X Xie, X Wang, Z Xie, J He, Y Wu, W Fan, J Fu and M Yang. Radiocolloid in combination with methylene dye localization, rather than wire localization, is a preferred procedure for excisional biopsy of nonpalpable breast lesions. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Jan;18(1):109-13.
- Kuo HP, Lee DF, Chen CT, Liu M, Chou CK, Lee HJ, Du Y, Xie X, Wei Y, Xia W, Weihua Z, Yang JY, Yen CJ, Huang TH, Tan M, Xing G, Zhao Y, Lin CH, Tsai SF, Fidler IJ, Hung MC. ARD1 Stabilization of TSC2 Suppresses Tumorigenesis Through the mTOR Signaling Pathway. . 2010 Feb 9;3(108).
- Sher YP, T-F Tzeng, S-F Kan, J Hsu, X Xie, Z Han, W-C Lin, L-Y Li, and M-C Hung. Cancer Targeted Gene Therapy of BikDD Inhibits Orthotopic Lung Cancer Growth and Improves Long-Term Survival. Oncogene. 2009;28(37):3286-95.
- Yang, J-Y., Zong, C.S., Xia, W., Yamaguchi, H., Ding, Q., Xie, X., Lang, J-Y., Lai, C-C., Chang, C-J., Huang, W-C., Huang, H., Kuo, H-P., Lee, D-F., Li, L-Y., Lien H-C., Cheng, X, Chang, K-J., Hsiao, C-D., Tsai, F-J., Tsai, C-H., Sahin, AA., Hortobagyi, GN., Yu, D., Muller, WJ., Mills, GB., and Hung, M-C. Erk promotes tumorigenesis by inhibiting Foxo3a via MDM2-mediated degradation. Nature Cell Biology. 2008; 10(2):138-48.
- Ding, Q., He, X., Xia, W., Hsu, J-M., Chen, C-T., Li, L-Y., Lee, D-F., Yang, J-Y., Xie, X., Liu, J-C., and Hung, M-C. Mcl-1 inversely correlates with GSK-3β activity and associates with poor prognosis in human breast cancer. Cancer Research, 2007;67(10):4564-71.
- Seethammagari, M. R., Xie, X., Greenberg, N. M., and Spencer, D. M. (2006). EZC-prostate models offer high sensitivity and specificity for noninvasive imaging of prostate cancer progression and androgen receptor action. Cancer Res 2006;66, 6199-6209.
- Ou-Yang, F., Lan, K. L., Chen, C. T., Liu, J. C., Weng, C. L., Chou, C. K., Xie, X., Hung, J. Y., Wei, Y., Hortobagyi, G. N., Hung, M-C. Endostatin-cytosine deaminase fusion protein suppresses tumor growth by targeting neovascular endothelial cells. Cancer Res 2006; 66, 378-384.
- Day, C. P., Rau, K. M., Qiu, L., Liu, C. W., Kuo, H. P., Xie, X., Lopez-Berestein, G., Hortobagyi, G. N., and Hung, M. C.. Mutant Bik expression mediated by the enhanced minimal topoisomerase IIalpha promoter selectively suppressed breast tumors in an animal model. Cancer Gene Ther 2006;13, 706-719.
- Tuttle, D. L, CR Coberley, X Xie, ZC Kou, JW Sleasman, and MM Goodenow. Effects of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection on CCR5 and CXCR4 coreceptor expression on CD4 T lymphocyte subsets in infants and adolescents. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2004. 20(3): 305-13.
- Zhao T, XM Rao, X Xie, L Li, T Thompson, KM McMasters, and HS Zhou. Adenovirus with insertion-mutated E1A selectively propagates in liver cancer cells and destroys tumors in vivo. Cancer Res 2003;63(12):3073-8.
- M Drozdzik, C Qian, X Xie, JJ Lasarte, J Prieto. Gene therapy of hepatoma model by combination of adenovirus expressing the HSV thymidine kinase and interleukin-12. J Hepatology. 2000; 32(2): 379-86.
- Mazzolini G, C Qian, I Narvaiza, M Barajas, F Borras-Cuesta X Xie, M Duarte, I Melero and J Prieto. Adenoviral gene transfer of Interleukin 12 into tumors synergizes with adoptive T cell therapy both at the induction and effect level. Human Gene Therapy 2000; 11:113-25.
- Lasarte JJ, FJ Corrales, N Casares, A Lopez-Diaz de Cerio, C Qian, X Xie, F Borras-Cuesta, and J Prieto. Different doses of adenoviral vector expressing IL-12 enhance or depress the immune response to a coadministrered antigen: the role of nitric oxide. J Immunology, 1999; 162:5270-5277.
- Mazzolini G, C Qian, X Xie, Y Sun, JJ Lasarte M, Drozdzik, J Prieto. Regression of colon cancer and induction of antitumor immunity by intratumoral injection of adenovirus expressing interleukin-12. Cancer Gene Therapy, 1999; 6(6): 514-22. .
- Lau J Y-N, X Xie, MMC Lai, and PC Wu. Apoptosis and viral hepatitis. Seminar in Liver Disease 1998; 18(2):169-176.
- Zheng Y, X Xie, et al. Reassessment of the Widal's test in patients with viral hepatitis. Hunan J Med 1990; 7(3): 167-169.
- Zheng X, X Xie, et al. Two cases of acute fulminant hepatitis with acute hemolytic anemia and leukemia reaction. Chinese J Infect Dis 1991; 9(1): 32-33.
- Su X, X Xie. A clinical study of hepatic stimulating substance (HSS) treatment on 300 patients with viral hepatitis. Chinese J Clin Hepatol 1992;8(2): 126-127.
- Zheng Y, X Xie, et al. T lymphocyte colony formation in patients with hepatitis A. Gongxi J Med 1992; 6(6): 4-5.
- Xie X, X Su, et al. A preliminary study of hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infection in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. Chinese J Modern Med 1992; 2:433-434.
- Xie X, Y Zheng, et al. A dynamic investigation of lymphocyte subsets in peripheral blood of the patients with hepatitis A. Hunan J Med 1993; 10(5): 260-261.
- Su X, Xie X, et al. Coinfections by HAV, HBV, HCV and HDV in 1272 blood donors and patients with chronic liver diseases. J Clin Hepatol. 1993; 9(1): 10-11.
- Xie X, X Su, et al. Relationship between hepatocellular carcinoma and HCV or HDV. Chinese J Integ Traditional and West Med on Liver Dis 1993; 3(2):6-7.
- Xie X. Quantitative study of hepatitis C virus RNA in blood donors and patients with chronic hepatitic C. Foreign Medicine Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases. 1993; 20(5): 228.
- Xie X, X Su, et al. The association with hepatitis C virus and hepatocellular carcinoma by polymerase chain reaction. Chinese J Infect Dis 1994; 12(3): 169-170.
- Xie X, X Su, et al. Detection of serological HBV markers and antibody against HCV
- in hepatocellular carcinoma. Hunan J Med 1994; 11(2): 64-66
- Xie X, X Su. Investigation of hepatitis C virus RNA and hepatitis B virus DNA in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma by polymerase chain reaction. Chinese J Modern Med 1994; 4: (2): 27-28.
- Zheng Y, X Xie, et al. Investigation of T lymphocyte subsets and TL-CFU in peripheral blood in patients with Hepatitis A. Chinese J Infect Dis 1994; 12(1): 49-50
- Xie X. Patent: Innovative syringe. China Patent 1994; 15.
- Xie X. Role of Hepatitis C virus in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Pathol Physiol and Clin Med. 1995;15(2);106-108.
- Xie X, X Su, and Z Zheng. Detection of plus and minus strand of HCV RNA in sera, tumor tissues and nontumor tissues of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma by RT-nested PCR. Chinese J Infect Dis 1996; 14(4).211-213.
- Cai T, Xie X, et al. Psychologico and mental issues of patients with chronic hepatitis. China J of Clinical Psychology 1996;4(2) :111-113.