: (+609) 7676229
Department of Immunology
Universiti Sains Malaysia
|June 2003 – May 2006||University (basic degree): BSc in Biohealth Sciences (1st Hons); University of Malaya, Malaysia|
|Oct 2007 – Feb 2011||University (postgraduate): DPhil in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, United Kingdom|
Kah Keng completed his Bachelor's studies from University of Malaya in 2006 and obtained his DPhil at NDCLS, University of Oxford in 2011. He is currently a Senior Lecturer at School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia. His research focuses on identifying novel protein targets in blood cancers, particularly non-Hodgkin's lymphomas, and characterizing them in terms of their expression patterns, roles in pathogenesis, and potential inhibitors.
Cancer biology; Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; Autoimmunity; Bioinformatics
- Invited Lecture Series at the Human Genome Centre, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia. Date: 6th September 2011; Title: Elucidation of Oncogenes in Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma (DLBCL).
- Annual Scientific Meeting Scholarships for Haematology Professionals – Awarded by the British Society of Haematology, British Society for Haematology 49th Annual Scientific Meeting (27 – 29 April 2009), Brighton, UK.
Past extra-curricular activities:
- Society/Club: Linacre Green Society, Linacre College, University of Oxford; Position: Treasurer; Duration: October 2007 – November 2008
- Society/Club: Biohealth Science Club, University of Malaya; Position: President; Duration: June 2005 – May 2006
- Islam MA, Wong KK, Sasongko TH, Gan SH, Wong JS. Familial primary antiphospholipid syndrome: A report of co-occurrence in three Malaysian family members. European Journal of Rheumatology (Accepted 14/10/2015).
- Brown PJ*, Wong KK*, Felce SL, Lyne L, Spearman H, Soilleux EJ, Pedersen LM, Møller MB, Green TM, Gascoyne DM, Banham AH. FOXP1 suppresses immune response signatures and MHC class II expression in activated B-cell-like diffuse large B-cell lymphomas. Under consideration by Leukemia (Accepted 13/10/2015). (*shared first author) doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.299 (IF: 10.431)
- Wong KK, Ch'ng ES, Loo SK, Husin A, Muruzabal MA, Møller MB, Pedersen LM, Pomposo MP, Gaafar A, Banham AH, Green TM, Lawrie CH. Low HIP1R mRNA and protein expression are associated with worse survival in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients treated with R-CHOP. Experimental and Molecular Pathology 2015;99:537–545. (IF: 2.706)
- Islam MA, Alam F, Sasongko TH, Husin A, Abdullah S, Gan SH, Wong KK. Antiplatelet and anticoagulant agents for preventing recurrence of peripheral vascular thrombosis in patients with Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 9, doi: 10.1002/14651858 (IF: 6.032)
- Wong KK, Gascoyne DM, Brown PJ, Soilleux EJ, Snell C, Chen H, Lyne L, Lawrie CH, Gascoyne RD, Pedersen LM, Moller MB, Pulford K, Murphy D, Green TM, Banham AH. Reciprocal expression of the endocytic protein HIP1R and its repressor FOXP1 predicts outcome in R-CHOP-treated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients. Leukemia 2014;28(2):362-72. (IF: 10.431)
- Patel S, Murphy D, Haralambieva E, Abdulla ZA, Wong KK, Chen H, Gould E, Roncador G, Hatton CSR, Anderson AP, Banham AH, Pulford K. Increased expression of phosphorylated FADD in anaplastic large cell and T-cell lymphomas. Biomarker Insights 2014:9;77-84.
- Wong KK, Prepageran N and Peh SC. Prognostic subgroup distribution in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the upper aerodigestive tract. Pathology 2009; 41(2): 133-139. (IF: 2.188)(ii) Selected Abstracts in Journals or Proceedings
- Wong KK, Karen Pulford, Hong Chen, Derek Murphy, Alison Banham. Identification of Huntingtin interacting protein 1 related (HIP1R) as a novel lymphoma autoantigen using antigen array profiling. Blood (ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts) 2008; 112: Abstract 3757.
- Islam MA, Wong KK, Sasongko TH, Wong JS, Gan SH. Familial primary antiphospholipid syndrome: A first report of co-occurrence in three young family members from East Malaysia. International Conference on Medical and Health Sciences (ICMHS), 6 Nov 2014.
- Lee LK, Wong KK, Lee ES and Peh SC. Frequency of Antigens Expression and Epstein-Barr Virus on Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. In, Proceedings: 12th Biological Sciences Graduate Congress, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, 17 – 19 December 2007. (iii) Selected Publications in Media or Magazines
- Wong KK. University Rankings - To be or not to be, published in the April 2011 issue of CEKU, a publication by the United Kingdom and Eire Council (UKEC).
- Wong KK. “Film Review: Through the Lens of a Scientist” series. Scientific Malaysian Magazine, Issue 2 (March 2012), Issue 4 (December 2012) and Issue 5 (April 2013).
- Wong KK & Hooi Ling Lee. SciMy Interview: Tan Sri Prof Augustine Ong Soon Hock. Scientific Malaysian Magazine, Issue 6 (October 2013).
- Wong KK & Hooi Ling Lee. SciMy Interview: Prof Dato’ Jafri Malin Abdullah. Scientific Malaysian Magazine, Issue 9 (November 2014).