- :0533 493 4643
Department of Medical Biochemistry
|Bachelor of Science||Science Faculty / Biology||Hacettepe University (TR)||1986|
|Master of Science||Biological Chemical Physical Sciences / Biyokimya&Moleküler Biology||Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago (USA)||1995|
|Doctor of Philosophy||Biological Chemical Physical Sciences / Biochemistry||Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago (USA)||1999|
|Associate Doctor||Medical Sciences / Biochemistry||Interuniversities Council (TR)||2009|
|Associate Doctor||Medical Faculty / Medical Biochemistry||Firat University||1999-present|
Prof Suleyman Aydin has received his PhD in Illinois Institute of Technology during the period of 1999. Currently, he is working as Professor in Firat University. He is serving as an editorial member of several reputed journals. He has authored more than 100 research articles/books. He is a member of Organization Committee Members, Council Members, Association Members (The American Chemical Society, The American Turkish Society, Turkish Biochemical Society and The Endocrine Society).
He has honoured as Certificate in Laboratory Animal Science, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and statistics, Certificate in Clinical Trial, Trainer’s Training Certificate and Pedagogical Formation Training Certificate.Also he is serving as scientific Reviewer for various academic journals (over 90), such as Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry; Journal of Endocrinology; Peptides; Clinical Biochemistry; Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine; Clinica Chimica Acta, Current Medicinal Chemistry; Metabolism; Nutrition; Circualtion
- Aydin, S., D.A. Webster, and B.C. Stark, “Nitrite inhibition of Vitreoscilla hemoglobin (VHb) in recombinant E. coli: Direct evidence that VHb enhances recombinant protein production,” Biotech Prog, 16, 917-21 (2000).
- Sahin, K., M. Onderci, N. Sahin, and S. Aydin, “Effects of dietary chromium picolinate and ascorbic acid supplementation on egg production, egg quality and some serum metabolites of laying hens reared under a low ambient temperature (6 degrees C),” Archives of Animal Nutrition, 56, 41-9 (2002).
- Sahin, K., M. Onderci, N. Sahin, M.F. Gursu, and S. Aydin, “Cold-induced elevation of homocysteine and lipid peroxidation can be alleviated by dietary folic acid supplementation,” Nutr Res., 23, 357-65 (2003).
- Kumru, S., S. Aydin, M. Simsek, K. Sahin, M. Yaman, and G. Ay, “Comparison of serum copper, zinc, calcium, and magnesium levels in preeclamptic and healthy pregnant women,” Biol Trace Elem Res, 94, 105-12 (2003).
- Aydin, S., “Menadione knocks out Vitreoscilla haemoglobin (VHb): the current evidence for the role of VHb in recombinant Escherichia coli,” Biotechnol Appl Biochem, 38, 71-6 (2003).
- Aydin, S., I. Aral, N. Kilic, I. Bakan, S. Aydin, and F. Erman, “The level of antioxidant enzymes, plasma vitamins C and E in cement plant workers,” Clin Chim Acta, 341, 193-8 (2004).
- Halifeoglu, I., B. Gur, S. Aydin, and A. Ozturk, “Plasma trace elements, vitamin B12, folate, and homocysteine levels in cirrhotic patients compared to healthy controls,” Biochemistry (Mosc), 69, 693-6 (2004).
- Kumru, S., S. Aydin, M.F. Gursu, and Z. Ozcan, “Changes of serum paraoxonase (an HDL-cholesterol-associated lipophilic antioxidant) and arylesterase activities in severe preeclamptic women,” Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 114, 177-81 (2004)
- Aydin, S., “Antioxidant status, alpha-amylase production, growth, and survival of hemoglobin bearing Escherichia coli exposed to hypochlorous acid,” Biochemistry (Mosc), 70, 1369-76 (2005)
- Kilic, S.S., S. Aydin, N. Kilic, F. Erman, S. Aydin, and I. Celik, “Serum arylesterase and paraoxonase activity in patients with chronic hepatitis,” World J Gastroenterol, 11, 7351-4 (2005).
- Kumru, S., S. Aydin, A. Aras, M.F. Gursu, and F. Gulcu, “Effects of surgical menopause and estrogen replacement therapy on serum araoxonase activity and plasma malondialdehyde concentration,” Gynecol Obstet Invest, 59, 108-12 (2005).
- Kumru, S., R. Ozmerdivenli, S. Aydin, A. Yaşar, N. Kilic, C. Parmaksiz, and S. Aydin, “Effects of regular physical exercise on serum leptin and androgen concentrations in young women,” The Journal of Men's Health & Gender, 2, 218-222 (2005).
- Aydin, S., I. Halifeoglu, I.H. Ozercan, F. Erman, N. Kilic, S. Aydin, N. Ilhan, N. Ilhan, Y. Ozkan, N. Akpolat, L. Sert, and E. Caylak, “A comparison of leptin and ghrelin levels in plasma and saliva of young healthy subjects,” Peptides, 26, 647-52 (2005).
- Aydin, S., I.H. Ozercan, F. Dagli, S. Aydin, O. Dogru, S. Celebi, O. Akin, and S.P. Guzel, “Ghrelin immunohistochemistry of gastric adenocarcinoma and mucoepidermoid carcinoma of salivary gland,” Biotech Histochem, 80, 163-8 (2005).
- Onderci, M., N. Sahin, K. Sahin, G. Cikim, A. Aydin, I. Ozercan, and S. Aydin, “Efficacy of supplementation of alpha-amylase-producing bacterial culture on the performance, nutrient use, and gut morphology of broiler chickens fed a corn-based diet,” Poult Sci, 85, 505-10 (2006).
- Erman, F., S. Aydin, Y. Demir, F. Akcay, and E. Bakan, “Determination of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids amount in leukocyte membranes from subjects fed with solid and fluid oils,” J Biochem Mol Biol, 39, 516-21 (2006).
- Aydin, S., I.H. Ozercan, S. Aydin, Y. Ozkan, F. Dagli, F. Oguzoncul, and H. Geckil, “Biological rhythm of saliva ghrelin in human,” Biological Rhythm Research, 37, 169-77 (2006).
- Aydin, S., S. Aydin, Y. Ozkan, and S. Kumru, “Ghrelin is present in human colostrum, transitional and mature milk,” Peptides, 27, 878-82 (2006).
- Aydin, S., H. Geckil, F. Zengin, H. Ibrahim Ozercan, F. Karatas, S. Aydin, D. Turgut-Balik, Y. Ozkan, F. Dagli, and V. Celik, “Ghrelin in plants: What is the function of an appetite hormone in plants?,” Peptides, 27, 1597-602 (2006).
- Aydin, S., “A comparison of ghrelin, glucose, alpha-amylase and protein levels in saliva from diabetics,” J Biochem Mol Biol, 40, 29-35 (2007).
- Aydin, S., I.H. Ozercan, F. Dagli, S. Aydin, S. Kumru, N. Kilic, I. Sahin, and M.R. Ozercan, “Ghrelin is present in teeth,” J Biochem Mol Biol, 40, 368-372 (2007).
- Aydin, S., H. Geckil, F. Karatas, E. Donder, S. Kumru, E.C. Kavak, R. Colak, Y. Ozkan, and I. Sahin, “Milk and blood ghrelin level in gestational diabetes mellitus,” Nutrition, 23, 807-11 (2007).
- Aydin, S., “Discovery of ghrelin hormone: research and clinical applications,” Turk J Biochem, 32, 76–89 (2007).
- Caylak, E., İ. Halifeoglu, S. Aydin, S. Telo, O. Bulmus, and H. Celik, “The effects of sulfur-containing compounds on total antioxidant capacity levels of liver, kidney and brain in lead-exposed rats,” Tur Klin J Med Sci, 27, 823-8 (2007).
- Ozbay, Y., S. Aydin, A. Ferda Dagli, M. Akbulut, N. Dagli, N. Kilic, A. Rahman, İ. Sahin, V. Polat, H. İbrahim Ozercan, N. Arslan, and D. Sensoy, “Obestatin is present in saliva: alterations in obestatin and ghrelin levels of saliva and serum in ischemic heart disease,” BMB Reports, 41, 55-61 (2008).
- Aydin, S., S.P. Guzel, S. Kumru, S. Aydin, O. Akin, E. Kavak, I. Sahin, M. Bozkurt, and I. Halifeoglu, “Serum leptin and ghrelin concentrations of maternal serum, arterial and venous cord blood in healthy pregnant and preeclamptic women,” J Physiol Biochem, 64, 51-60 (2008).
- Aydin, S., Y. Ozkan, F. Erman, B. Gurates, N. Kilic, R. Colak, T. Gundogan, Z. Catak, M. Bozkurt, O. Akin, Y. Sen and I. Sahn, “Presence of obestatin in breast milk: relationship among obestatin, ghrelin, and leptin in lactating women,” Nutrition, 24, 689-93 (2008).
- Karatas, F., S. Aydin, E. Kaygusuzoglu, H. Yildiz, F.A. Erulas, and Y. Ozkan, “Ghrelin and orotic acid increased in subclinical mastitis,” Arch Physiol Biochem, 114, 178-82 (2008).
- Rahman, A., S. Aydin, M.K. Bayar, and İ. Sahin, “Changes of ghrelin and brain natriuretic peptide levels in systemic vascular resistance after cardiopulmonary bypass,” J Physiol Biochem, 64, 221-30 (2008).
- Koca, S.S., M. Ozgen, S. Aydin, S. Dag, B. Evren, and A. Isik, “Ghrelin and obestatin levels in rheumatoid arthritis,” Inflammation, 31, 329-35 (2008).
- Aydin, S., F. Karatas, and H. Geckil, “Simultaneous quantification of acylated and desacylated ghrelin in biological fluids,” Biomed Chromatogr, 22, 1354-9 (2008).
- Cetinkaya, Z., S. Aydin, Y.Z. Cerrahoglu, R. Ayten, F. Erman, and E. Aygen, “Changes in appetite hormone (ghrelin) levels of saliva and serum in acute appendicitis cases before and after operation,” Appetite, 52, 104-7 (2009).
- Karaoglu, A., S. Aydin, A.F. Dagli, D.E. Cummings, I.H. Ozercan, H. Canatan and Y. Ozkan, “Expression of obestatin and ghrelin in papillary thyroid carcinoma,” Mol Cell Biochem, 323, 113-8 (2009).
- Akin, O.K., M.A. Serdar, Z. Cizmeci, O. Genc, and S. Aydin, “Comparison of UriSed and IQ200 full-automatic urine sediment analyzer with manual urine analysis,” Biotechnol Appl Biochem, 53: 139-44 (2009).
- Barim, A.O., S. Aydin, R. Colak, E. Dag, O. Deniz, and I. Sahin, “Ghrelin, paraoxonase and arylesterase levels in depressive patients before and after citalopram treatment,” Clin Biochem, 42, 1076-81 (2009).
- Aydin, S., E. Dag, Y. Ozkan, F. Erman, A.F. Dagli, N. Kilic, I. Sahin, F. Karatas, T. Yoldas, A.O. Barim, and Y. Kendir, “Nesfatin-1 and ghrelin levels in serum and saliva of epileptic patients: hormonal changes can have a major effect on seizure,” Mol Cell Biochem, 328, 49-56 (2009).
- Dagli, A.F., S. Aydin, A. Karaoglu, N. Akpolat, I.H. Ozercan, and M.R. Ozercan, “Ghrelin expression in normal kidney tissue and renal carcinomas,” Pathol Res Pract, 205, 165-73 (2009).
- Aygen, B., A. Dogukan, F.E. Dursun, S. Aydin, N. Kilic, F. Sahpaz, and H. Celiker, “Ghrelin and obestatin levels in end-stage renal disease,” J Int Med Res, 37, 757-65 (2009).
- Ozkan, Y., S. Aydin, E. Donder, S.S. Koca, S. Aydin, B. Ozkan, and I. Sahin, “Effect of orlistat on the total ghrelin and leptin levels in obese patients,” J Physiol Biochem, 65, 215-23 (2009).
- Karatas, F., E. Coteli, S. Aydin, S. Servi, and H. Kara, “Effect of 3-(1H-Pyrrol-2-yl)-1H-Indazole on the antioxidant status of rats,” Biol Trace Elem Res, 136, 79-86 (2010).
- Alnema, M.M., S. Aydin, Y. Ozkan, A.F. Dagli, H.I. Ozercan, N. Yildirim, I. Sahin, A. Karaoglu, N. Kilic, M. Yilmaz, M.R. Ozercan, and E. Donder, “Ghrelin and obestatin expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma: an immunohistochemical and biochemical study,” Mol Cell Biochem, 339, 173-9 (2010).
- Erensoy, A., S. Aydin, N. Kelestimur, S. Kirbag, and S. Kuk, “The change of ghrelin levels in intestinal parasitic infections,” J Med Biochem, 29: 34-8 (2010).
- Aydin, S., S. Aydin, G.A. Croteau, İ. Sahin, and C. Citil, “Ghrelin, nitrite and paraoxonase/arylesterase concentrations in cement plant workers,” J Med Biochem, 29: 78-83 (2010).
- Dag, E., S. Aydin, Y. Ozkan, F. Erman, A.F. Dagli, and M. Gurger, “Alteration in chromogranin A, obestatin and total ghrelin levels of saliva and serum in epilepsy cases,” Peptides, 31, 932-7 (2010).
- Temel, İ., O. Celik, S. Hascalik, N. Celik, İ. Sahin, and S. Aydin “Serum nonesterified fatty acids, ghrelin, and homocysteine levels in women with polycystic ovary syndrome,” Turk J Med Sci, 40: 221-8 (2010).
- Aydin, S., E. Donder, O.K. Akin, F. Sahpaz, Y. Kendir, and M.M. Alnema, “Fat-free milk as a therapeutic approach for constipation and its effect on serum motilin and ghrelin levels,” Nutrition, 26: 981-5 (2010).
- Aydin, S., “The presence of the peptides apelin, ghrelin and nesfatin-1 in the human breast milk, and the lowering of their levels in patients with gestational diabetes mellitus,” Peptides, 31: 2236-40 (2010).
- Dagli, A.F., S. Aydin, H. Kocdor, B. Gurates, İ. Sahin, Z. Catak, M.R. Ozercan, and İ.H. Ozercan, “Ghrelin expression of endometrium hyperplasia and endometrioid carcinoma,” Gynecol Endocrinol, 27: 199-204 (2011).
- Celik, O., N. Celik, S. Hascalik, İ. Sahin, S. Aydin, and E. Ozerol, “An appraisal of serum preptin levels in PCOS” Fertil Steril., 95: 314-6 (2011).
- Aydin, S., A.F. Dagli, Y. Ozkan, Y. Kendir, İ. Sahin, A. Aksoy, and İ.H. Ozercan, “Immunohistochemical and quantitative analysis of ghrelin in Syzygium aromaticum,” Cell Biology International, 35: 437-41 (2011).
- Sahin, İ., S. Aydin, Y. Ozkan, A.F. Dagli, K.O. Akin, S.P. Guzel, Z. Catak, and M.R. Ozercan, “Diet-induced obesity suppresses ghrelin in rat gastrointestinal tract and serum,” Mol Cell Biochem, 355: 299-308 (2011).
- Ozgen, M., S.S. Koca, E.O. Etem, H. Yuce, S. Aydin, and A. Isik. “Ghrelin gene polymorphisms in rheumatoid arthritis,” Joint Bone Spine, 78: 368-73 (2011).
- Aydin, S., E. Dag, Y. Ozkan, O. Arslan, G. Koc, S. Bek, S. Kirbas, T. Kasikci, D. Abasli, Z. Gokcil, Z. Odabasi, and Z. Catak, “Time-dependent changes in the serum levels of prolactin, nesfatin-1 and ghrelin as a marker of epileptic attacks young male patients,” Peptides, 32: 1276-80 (2011).
- Aydin, S., S. Erenler, and Y. Kendir, “Effects of sodium Octanoate, acylated ghrelin, and desacylated ghrelin on the growth of genetically engineered Escherichia coli,” J Med Biochem, 30: 328-333 (2011).
- Baykus, Y., B. Gurates, S. Aydin, H. Celik, B. Kavak, A. Aksoy, I. Sahin, R. Deniz, S. Gungor, S.P. Guzel, and Y. Minareci, “Changes in serum obestatin, preptin and ghrelins in patients with gestational diabetes mellitus,” Clin Biochem, 45: 198-202 (2012).
- Simsek, Y., O. Celik, E. Yilmaz, A. Karaer, C. Dogan, S. Aydin, and A. Ozer, “Serum levels of apelin, salusin-alpha, and salusin beta in normal pregnancy and preeclampsia,” J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med, 25: 1705-8 (2012).
- Aslan, M., O. Celik, N. Celik, I. Turkcuoglu, E. Yilmaz, A. Karaer, Y. Simsek, E. Celik, and S. Aydin, “Cord blood nesfatin-1 and apelin-36 levels in gestational diabetes mellitus,” Endocrine, 41: 424-9 (2012).
- Aydin, S., I. Sahin, Y. Ozkan, E. Dag, A. Gunay, S.P. Guzel, Z. Catak, and M.R. Ozercan, “Examination of the tissue ghrelin expression of rats with diet-induced obesity using radioimmunoassay and immunohistochemical methods,” Mol. Cell Biochem, 365: 165-73 (2012).
- Deniz, R., B. Gurates, S. Aydin, H. Celik, İ. Sahin, Y. Baykus, Z. Catak, A. Aksoy, C. Citil, and S. Gungor, “Nesfatin-1 and other hormone alterations in polycystic ovary syndrome,” Endocrine, 42: 694-9 (2012).
- Aydin, S., İ. Sahin, S. Aydin, A. Aksoy, and C. Citil, “The past and present of paraoxonase enzyme: its role in the cardiovascular system and other diseases,” J Med. Biochem, 31: 1-13 (2012).
- Aydin, S., T. Guven, İ. Sahin, A. Aksoy, Y. Kendir, M.N. İlhan, C. Citil, Z. Catak, and C. Ustun, “The effects of fever on hormone ghrelins, immunoglobulins and heat shock protein 70 expression after swine flu vaccinations,” Endocrine, 42: 352-8 (2012).
- Kobat, M.A., A. Celik, M. Balin, Y. Altas, A. Baydas, M. Bulut, S. Aydin, N. Dagli, M.F. Yavuzkir, and S. Ilhan, “The investigation of serum vaspin level in atherosclerotic coronary artery disease,” J Clin Med Res, 4: 110-3 (2012).
- Gunay, H., R. Tutuncu, S. Aydin, E. Dag, and D. Abasli, “Decreased plasma nesfatin–1 levels in patients with generalized anxiety disorder,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, 37: 1949-53 (2012).
- Celik, O., E. Yilmaz, N. Celik, Y. Minareci, I. Turkcuoglu, Y. Simsek, A. Karaer, E. Celik, and S. Aydin, “Salusins, newly identified regulators of hemodynamics and mitogenesis, increase in policystic ovarian syndrome,” Gynecol Endocrinol., 29: 83-6 (2012).
- Aydin, S., M.N. Eren, S. Aydin, İ.H. Ozercan, and A.F. Dagli, “The bioactive peptides salusins and apelin–36 are produced in human arterial and venous tissues and the changes of their levels during cardiopulmonary bypass,” Peptides, 37: 233-9 (2012).
- Nurkalem, C., H. Celik, F. Dagli, B. Gurates, B. Kavak, Z. Dogan, Y. Baykus, and S. Aydin, “Ghrelin and obestatin expression in serous ovarian tumours,” Gynecol Endocrinol, 28: 941-4 (2012).
- Yilmaz, E., O. Celik, N. Celik, E. Celik, I. Turkucuoglu, Y. Simsek, Y. Minareci, M. Boz, and S. Aydin, “Maternal and fetal serum orexin-a levels in gestational diabetes mellitus,” J Obstet Gynaecol Res, 39:139-45 (2013).
- Celik, A., O. Gunebakmaz, O. Baran, O. Dogdu, D. Elcik, M.A. Kobat, M. Balin, K. Erdem, S. Aydin, I. Ozdogru, and R. Topsakal, “An investigation of tenascin-c levels in rheumatic mitral stenosis and their response to percutaneous mitral balloon valvuloplasty,” Med Princ Pract, 22: 29-34 (2013).
- Aydin, S., “Role of NUCB2/nesfatin–1 as a possible biomarker,” Curr Pharm Des, 19: 6986-92 (2013).
- Sahin, İ., and S. Aydin, “Serum concentration and the kidney tissue’s salusin-α and salusin-β expression in the rats with metabolic syndrome induced by fructose,” Biotech Histochem, 88: 153-60 (2013).
- Celik, E., O. Celik, E. Yilmaz, I. Turkcuoglu, A. Karaer, U. Turhan, and S. Aydin, “Association of low maternal levels of salusins with gestational diabetes mellitus and with small-for-gestational-age fetuses," Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 167:29-33 (2013.
- Celik, A., M. Balin, M. Kobat, K. Erdem, A. Baydaş, M. Bulut, Y. Atlas, S. Aydin. and S. Aydin “Deficiency of a New Protein Associated with Cardiac Syndrome X; Called Adropin,” Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 3:174-8 (2013).
- Gungor, S., B. Gurates, S. Aydin, I. Sahin, SB. Kavak, S. Kumru, H. Celik, A. Aksoy, M. Yilmaz, Z. Catak, C. Citil, Y. Baykus, R. Deniz, F. Karakaya, N. Özdemir. “Ghrelins, obestatin, n1esfatin-1 and leptin levels in pregnant women with and without hyperemesis gravidarum,” Clin Biochem 46: 828-30 (2013).
- Celik, E., E. Yilmaz, O. Celik, M. Ulas, I. Turkcuoglu, A. Karaer, Y.Simsek, Y. Minareci, S. Aydin. “Maternal and fetal adropin levels in gestational diabetes mellitus,” J Perinat Med 41: 375-80 (2013).
- Aydin, S. “Presence of adropin, nesfatin-1, apelin-12, ghrelins and salusins peptides in the milk, cheese whey and plasma of dairy cows,” Peptides 43: 83-7 (2013).
- Celik, A., M. Gurger, Ç. Can, M. Balin, E. Gul, MA. Kobat, U. Gumusay, M. Sahan, KB. Bursal, I. Celiker, S. Aydin, S. Aydin. “The effect of nesfatin-1 levels on paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia,” J Investig Med 61: 852-5 (2013).
- Aydin, S. “Multi-functional peptide hormone NUCB2/nesfatin-1,” Endocrine 44: 6312-25 (2013).
- Aydin, S., T. Kuloglu, S. Aydin, MN. Eren, M. Yilmaz, M. Kalayci, I. Sahin, N. Kocaman, C. Citil, Y. Kendir. “Expression of adropin in rat brain, cerebellum, kidneys, heart, liver, and pancreas in streptozotocin-induced diabetes,” Mol Cell Biochem 380: 73-81 (2013).
- Aydin, S., T. Kuloglu, S. Aydin. “Copeptin, adropin and irisin concentrations in breast milk and plasma of healthy women and those with gestational diabetes mellitus,” Peptides 47: 66-70 (2013).
- Ozkan, Y., ES. Timurkan, S. Aydin, I. Sahin, M. Timurkan, C. Citil, M. Kalayci, M. Yilmaz, A. Aksoy, Z. Catak. “Acylated and desacylated ghrelin, preptin, leptin, and nesfatin-1 Peptide changes related to the body mass index,” Int J Endocrinol 2013: 236085 (2013).
- Cicek, D., AF. Dağli, S. Aydin, FB. Baskaya, SB. Dertlioglu, H. Ucak, B. Demir. “ Does hepcidin play a role in the pathogenesis of aphthae in Behcet’s disease and recurrent aphthous stomatitis? ” JEADV 12326 (2013).
- Aydin, S., O. Celik, B. Gurates, I. Sahin, M. Ulas, M. Yilmaz, M. Kalayci, T. Kuloglu, Z. Catak, A. Aksoy, IH,Ozercan, S. Kumru. “Concentrations of preptin, salusins and hepcidins in plasma and milk of lactating women with or without gestational diabetes mellitus,” Peptides 49: 123-30 (2013).
- Aydin S., S. Aydin, T. Kuloglu, M. Yilmaz, M. Kalayci, I. Sahin, D. Cicek. “Alterations of irisin concentrations in saliva and serum of obese and normal-weight subjects, before and after 45 min of a Turkish bath or running,” Peptides 50: 13-8 (2013).
- Topuz, M., A. Celik, T. Aslantas. AK. Demir. S. Aydin, S. Aydin. “Plasma adropin levels predict endothelial dysfunction like flow-mediated dilatation in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus,” J Investig Med 61: 1161-4 (2013).
- Aydin, S., S. Aydin, M. Nesimi Eren, I. Sahin, M. Yilmaz, M. Kalayci, O. Gungor. “The cardiovascular system and the biochemistry of grafts used in heart surgery,” Springerplus 16; 2:612 (2013).
- . Aydin, S. and S. Aydin “Salusin-alpha and -beta expression with and without metabolic syndrome in heart and aorta,” Biotech Histochem 89:98-103 (2014).
- Aydin, S., MN. Eren, I. Sahin, S. Aydin. “The role of apelins in the physiology of the heart,”. Protein Pept Lett 21: 2-9 (2014).
- Aydin, S., T. Kuloglu, S. Aydin, MN. Eren, A. Celik, M. Yilmaz, M. Kalayci, İ. Sahin, O. Gungor, A. Gurel, M. Ogeturk, O. Dabak. “Cardiac, skeletal muscle and serum irisin responses to with or without water exercise in young and old male rats: cardiac muscle produces more irisin than skeletal muscle,” Peptides 52: 68-73 (2014).
- Cağlar, M., A. Yavuzcan, M. Göksu, G. Alkan Bulbul, B. Sıtkı Isenlik, Y. Ustün, S. Aydin, S. Kumru. “Decorin: a possible marker for fetal growth restriction,” Gynecol Endocrinol 30: 141-4 (2014).
- Aydin, S., A. Aksoy, S. Aydin, M. Kalayci, M. Yilmaz, T. Kuloglu, C. Citil, Z. Catak. Today's and yesterday's of pathophysiology: biochemistry of metabolic syndrome and animal models. Nutrition 30: 1-9 (2014).
- Kuloglu, T., S. Aydin, MN. Eren, M. Yilmaz, I. Sahin, M. Kalayci, E. Sarman, N. Kaya, OF. Yilmaz, A. Turk, Y. Aydin, MH. Yalcin, N. Uras, A. Gurel, S. Ilhan, E. Gul, S. Aydin. “Irisin: a potentially candidate marker for myocardial infarction,” Peptides 55: 85-91 (2014).
- Aydin, S. “Three new players in energy regulation: preptin, adropin and irisin. Peptides,” 56: 94-110 (2014).
- Aydin, S., S. Aydin, MA. Kobat, M. Kalayci, MN. Eren, M. Yilmaz, T. Kuloglu, E. Gul, O. Secen, OD. Alatas, A. Baydas. “Decreased saliva/serum irisin concentrations in the acute myocardial infarction promising for being a new candidate biomarker for diagnosis of this pathology,” Peptides 56: 141-5 (2014).
- Catak, Z., S. Aydin, I. Sahin, T. Kuloglu, A. Aksoy, AF. Dagli. “Regulatory neuropeptides (ghrelin, obestatin and nesfatin-1) levels in serum and reproductive tissues of female and male rats with fructose-induced metabolic syndrome,” Neuropeptides 48: 167-77 (2014).
- Cağlar, M., M. Göksu, BS. Isenlik, A. Yavuzcan, M. Yılmaz, Y. Ustün, S. Aydin, S. Kumru. “Irisin in idiopathic foetal growth restriction,” J Endocrinol Invest (2014). [Epub ahead of print]
- Aydin, S., T. Kuloglu, S. Aydin, M. Kalayci, M. Yilmaz, T. Cakmak, MN. Eren. “Elevated adropin: A candidate diagnostic marker for myocardial infarction in conjunction with troponin-I,” Peptides 58:91-97 (2014).
- Gurger, M., A. Celik, M. Balin, E. Gul, MA. Kobat, KB. Bursali, M. Sahan, U. Gumusay, C. Can, IM. Celiker, S. Aydin, S. Aydin. “The association between apelin-12 levels and paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia,” J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 15: 642-6 (2014).
- Betul, D., H. Ucak, D. Cicek, S. Aydin. İ. Erden, SB Dertlioglu. “Changes in serum desnutrin levels in patients with acne vulgaris” JEADV 12326 (2014).
- Kuloglu, T., S. Aydin. “Immunohistochemical expressions of adropin and ınducible nitric oxide synthase in renal tissues of rats with streptozotocin-ınduced experimental diabetes”. Biotech Histochem 89: 104-10 (2014).
- Citil, C, V. Konar, S. Aydin, M. Yilmaz, S. Albayrak, İbrahim O.H, and Y. Ozkan
a “Brain, liver, and serum salusin-alpha and -beta alterations in
b Sprague Dawley rats with or without metabolic syndrome,” Med
c Sci Monit, 20: (2014)
- Taskin E, B. Atli B, M. Kilic, Y. Sari, S. Aydin Serum, urine, and saliva levels of ghrelin and obestatin pre- and post-treatment in pediatric epilepsy. Pediatr Neurol. 51:365-9. (2014)
- Aydin S, T. Kuloglu, S. Aydin, M. Kalayci, M. Yilmaz, T. Cakmak, S. Albayrak, S. Gungor S, N. Colakoglu, İH. Özercan. A comprehensive immunohistochemical examination of the distribution of the fat-burning protein irisin in biological tissues. Peptides. 61:130-136 (2014).
- Kanat BH, R. Ayten R, S. Aydın, M. Girgin M, Z. Cetinkaya Z, YS. Ilhan, M. Yur, Z. Catak. Significance of appetite hormone ghrelin and obestatin levels in the assessment of the severity of acute pancreatitis. Turk J Gastroenterol. 25: 309-13 (2014).
- Yildirim B, O. Celik, S. Aydin. Adropin: a key component and potential gatekeeper of metabolic disturbances in policystic ovarian syndrome. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 41:310-12 (2014).
- Kilic M, M. Gündüzalp, E. Taskin, S. Aydin, HM. Serin. Assessment of the levels of serum heat shock protein 70 and ghrelin in children with simple febrile convulsions. Minerva Pediatr. 2014 Sep 29.
- Bülbül GA, S. Kumru, O. Erol, BS. İsenlik, Ö Özdemir, M. Çağlar, M. Yılmaz, M. Kalaycı, S. Aydın. Maternal and umbilical cord copeptin levels in pregnancies complicated by fetal growth restriction. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 18.1-7 (2014).
- Erden I, B. Demir, H. Uçak, D. Cicek, SB. Dertlioğlu, S. Aydin. Serum salusin-α and salusin-β levels in patients with Behcet's disease. Eur J Dermatol. (2014).
- Ucak H, Demir B, Cicek D, Erden I, S. Aydin, Dertlioglu SB, Arica M. Metabolic changes and serum ghrelin level in patients with psoriasis. Dermatol Res Pract. 175693. (2014).
- Aydin S, Ogeturk M, Kuloglu T, Kavakli A, Aydin S. Effect of carnosine supplementation on apoptosis and irisin, total oxidant and antioxidants levels in the serum, liver and lung tissues in rats exposed to formaldehyde inhalation. Peptides. 22;64C:14-23 (2014)
- Orak U, Celik E, Kavak SB, Demirel İ, Atilgan R, S. Aydin, Sapmaz E. Tenascin C levels in patients with mild and severe preeclampsia J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 8.1-4 (2015).
- Dogan FB, Cicek D, S. Aydin, Dertlioglu SB, Halisdemir N, Ucak H, Demir B, Erden I. Serum Preptin and Amylin Values in Psoriasis Vulgaris and Behçet's Patients. J Clin Lab Anal. 2014 Dec 26. doi: 10,1002/jcla.21831.
- Aydin S, Eren M, Kuloglu T, S. Aydin, Yilmaz M, Gul E, Kalayci M, Yel Y, Cakmak T, Bico S. Alteration of serum and cardiac tissue adropin, copeptin, irisin and TRPM2 expressions in DOX treated male rats. Biotech Histochem. 1:1-9. (2014)
- Seyhanli ES, Lok U, Gulacti U, Buyukaslan H, Atescelik M, Yildiz M, Ruhi Onur MR, Goktekin MC, S. Aydın. Assessment of serum and urine ghrelin levels in patients with acute stroke. Int J Clin Exp Med. 8:722-729 (2015)
- Aygen B, Kucuksu M, S. Aydin, Ozercan IH. Effect of enalapril maleate on ghrelin levels in metabolic syndrome in rats. Peptides, (2015)
- A short history, principles, and types of ELISA, and our laboratory experience with peptide/protein analyses using ELISA. Peptides, (2015)