Faculty of Bacteriology
Pasteur Institute of Iran
Tehran, 1316943551, Iran
Phone: (+98-21) 66405535
|(2009-2014)||Ph.D, Microbiology||Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran|
|(2004-2006)||Ms.c, Microbiology||Alzahra University, Tehran, Iran|
|(1998-2002)||B.A, Cell and Molecular biology, (Microbiology)||Azad University, Tehran, Iran|
Morvarid Shafiei1is associated with Department of Bacteriology, Pasteur Institute of Iran, Tehran, IR Iran. Morvarid Shafiei has published several papers in reputed journals. Morvarid Shafiei is committed to highest standards of excellence and it proves through the authorship of many books. Morvarid Shafiei research interests include Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, and Agricultural Plant Science.
- Antibacterial activity assays
- Antibiotic sensitivity assays
- Culture and biochemical identification of bacteria
- Molecular techniques such as: PCR, ELISA, gel filtration, chromatography, thin layer
- Chromatography, PFGE, Ribotyping, Plasmid profiling, RFLP
- Two dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE)
- Anaerobic bacteria
- Teaching Assistant during four days workshop on (Real time PCR and classical diagnosis of pertussis) organized by Pasteur Institute of Iran and Pasteur Institute of France (2007)
- Teaching students of Azad university-medical branch
- Teaching Ph.D and M.Sc students of Pasteur Institute of Iran (2014- 2017)
- Workshop on "New trends in enzyme science and nanobiotechnology" organized by
- National Institute of Genetic engineering and biotechnology (NIGEB) and Institute of Protein Biochemistry (IBP) of Italy (2007)
- Workshop on "Bioinformatics" organized by Iranian Molecular Medicine Network of
- Pasteur Institute of Iran, (2009)
- Abdi ali A, Shafiei M, Ghazanfari T, Honarmandian Sh, Khajeh Kh. Purification of Pseudomonas aeruginosaalginate and the study the compound of alginate with immunomodulator fraction of garlic on humoral immunity in BALB/c mice, Iranian journal of infectious disease and tropical medicine, 23-27, (2007)
- Akbarzadeh A, Norouzian D, Farhangi A, Mehrabi MR, Atyabi M, Zare D, Shafiei M, Mardaneh M. The study of desferal production by Streptomyces griseoflavus, Journal of Medical science of Azad university, 16(4) 225-23, (2007)
- Akbarzadeh A, Norouzian D, Farhangi A, Mehrabi MR, Shafiei M , Zare D, Saffari Z, Nemati Z. Mutation of Streptomyces griseoflavusin order to obtain high yield desferrioxamine producing fused cells, Pakistan journal of biological sciences , 10(24) 4527-453,(2007)
- Akbarzadeh A, Norouzian D, Farhangi A, Mehrabi MR, JamshidiSh, Zare D, Shafiei M. Isolation and purification of Rat islet cells by flow cytometry, Indian Journal of clinical biochemistry, 23(1)57-61, (2008)
- Ghazanfari T, HonarmandianSh, Abdi ali A, Shafiei M, KhajehKh.The effect of combination of Pseudomonas aeruginosaalginate and an immunomodulator protein of garlic on psonophagocytosis in murine model, Journal of Kerman medical science .15(4) 283-294, (2008)
- Shahcheraghi F, Nikbin V.S, Shooraj F, Shafiei M. The Study of blaSPM, blaVIM, blaIMP metallo-beta lactamase genes among Pseudomonas aeruginosaisolated from Imamkhomeini hospital of Tehran. Journal of Shahidbeheshti university (Pajoohandeh),(submitted), (2009).
- Shafiei M, Abdi Ali A, Shahcheraghi F, Saboora A, Akbari Noghabi K. Eradication of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Biofilms Using the Combination of n-butanolic Cyclamen coum Extract and Ciprofloxacin. Jundishapur J Microbiol 2014.
- Abdi Ali A, Shafiei M, Shahcheraghi F, Saboora A and Ghazanfari T. The study of synergistic effects of n-butanolic Cyclamen coum extract and ciprofloxacin on inhibition of P. aeruginosa biofilm formation. Biological journal of microorganisms. 3(12):25-32.
- Morvarid Shafiei, Ahya Abdi-Ali, Fereshteh Shahcheraghi, Hojatollah Vali, Hossein Shahbani Zahiri & Kambiz Akbari Noghabi. Analysis of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 biofilm proteinprofile after exposure to n-Butanolic Cyclamen coumextract alone and in combination with Ciprofloxacin. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2017.