Professor of Food Chemistry
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Agriculture
Phone: 002 055 2320282/002 055 2313940
|Oct. 2011- Dec. 2011||2011Post-doctoral fellow||Department of Nutrition and Food Science, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Maryland, MD, USA.|
|Feb. 2011- May 2011||2011Post-doctoral fellow (DAAD)||Max Rubner Institute, German Federal Research Institute for Nutrition and Food, Department for Lipid Research, Detmold, Germany.|
|Nov. 2008- Nov. 2009||Post-doctoral fellow (Arab Distinguished Fellow)||Institute of Food Chemistry, Technical University of Berlin, Germany.|
|Aug. 2007- Feb. 2008||Post-doctoral fellow (Parown-Egypt)||Applied Chemistry and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Helsinki, Finland.|
|Jul. 2006-Oct. 2006||Post-doctoral fellow (DAAD)||Institute of Food Chemistry and Technology, Technical University of Berlin, Germany.|
|2004||Ph.D.||Natural Science-Food Chemistry, Technical University ofBerlin, Germany.|
|1998||M.Sc||Biochemistry "with excellent and honor degree", Faculty of Agriculture, Zagazig University, Egypt.|
|1995||B.Sc.||Agricultural Sciences-Biochemistry "with excellent and honor degree", Faculty of Agriculture, Zagazig University, Egypt|
Prof. Dr. Mohamed F. R. Hassanien is currently working as a Professor of Biochemistry at Zagazig University (Egypt). Prof. Hassanien obtained his Ph.D. (Dr.rer.nat.) in Food Chemistry from Berlin University of Technology (Germany, 2004). As post-doctoral researcher, Prof. Hassanien continued his research in ranked universities in different countries such University of Helsinki (Finland), Max-Rubner Institute (Germany), Berlin University of Technology (Germany), and University of Maryland (USA). In 2010, he was invited to be visiting Professor (100% research) at King Saud University in Saudi Arabia. In 2012, he was invited to be visiting Professor (100% teaching) in School of Biomedicine, Far Eastern Federal University in Vladivostok, Russian Federation.
Prof. Hassanien published more than 160 papers, reviews in international peer-reviewed journals with high impact factor as well as several books and book chapters (recent h-index is 28). He was participated and invited speaker in several international conferences. Since 2003, Prof. Hassanien is a reviewer and editor in many highly-cited international journals.
- Chemistry of bioactive compounds and impact of processing on functionality and properties of food components.
|Aug. 2014 to present||Professor of Food Chemistry at Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Zagazig University, Egypt.|
|Jan. 2013 to present||Professor of Biochemistry, Deanship of Scientific Research, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkha, KSA.|
|Nov. 2012||Visiting Professor at School of Biomedicine, Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok, Russia.|
|Mar. 2009–June. 2014||Associate professor at Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Zagazig University, Egypt.|
|Mar. 2004–Aug. 2009||Assistant professor (University lecturer) at Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Zagazig University, Egypt.|
|Feb. 2011–May. 2011||DAAD Postdoctoral Fellow at Max Rubner Institute, Federal Research Institute for Nutrition and Food, Department for Lipid Research,Detmold, Germany.|
|Jan. 2010–Dec. 2010||Visiting Professor at Faculty of Food and Agriculture, King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.|
|Nov. 2008–Nov. 2009||Arab distinguished postdoctoral fellow at Institute of Food Chemistry, Technical University of Berlin, Germany.|
|Aug. 2007–Feb. 2008||Postdoctoral fellow at Applied Chemistry and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Helsinki, Finland.|
|Jul. 2006–Oct. 2006||DAAD postdoctoral Fellow at Institute of Food Chemistry, Technical University of Berlin, Germany.|
- Editorial board (2013-present), Journal of Medicinal Food
- Editor in chief (2014-present), Research & Reviews: Journal of Food and Dairy Technology
- Editorial board (2003-present), Chemistry: an Indian Journal
- Editorial board (2003-present), Natural Products: an Indian Journal
- Editorial board (2009-present), International Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism
- Editorial board (2009-present), Journal of Cereals and Oilseeds
Honors And Awards
- Received Abdul Hamid Shoman Prize for Young Arab Researcher in Agricultural Sciences (2006)
- Egyptian State Prize for Encouragement in Agricultural Sciences (2009)
- European Young Lipid Scientist Award (2009)
- AU-TWAS Young Scientist National Awards (Egypt) in Basic Sciences, Technology and Innovation (2013)
- Atta-ur- Rahman Prize in Chemistry (2014)
- M. Kiralan, M. Ulaş, A.G. Özaydin, N. Özdemir, G. Özkan, A. Bayrak,Mohamed F. Ramadan (2017)Blends of cold pressed black cumin oil and sunflower oil with improved stability: A study based on changes in the levels of volatiles, tocopherols and thymoquinone during accelerated oxidation conditions.Journal of Food Biochemistry41: e12272
- Faten M. Ibrahim, Hanan N. Attia, Yousreya A. A. Maklad, Kawkab A. Ahmed,Mohamed F. Ramadan (2017)Biochemical characterization, anti-inflammatory properties and ulcerogenic traits of some cold pressed oils in experimental animals.Pharmaceutical Biology 55: 740-748.DOI: 10.1080/13880209.2016.1275705.
- Abdalla E. El-Hadary, Mohamed F. Ramadan (2016)Hepatoprotective effect of cold-pressed Syzygium aromaticum oil against carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced hepatotoxicity in rats.Pharmaceutical Biology 54:1364-1372.DOI:10.3109/13880209.2015.1078381
- M. Kiralan, M. Ulaş, A.G. Özaydin, N. Özdemir, G. Özkan, A. Bayrak, Mohamed F. Ramadan (2016) Changes in hexanal, thymoquinone and tocopherols levels in blends from sunflower and black cumin oils as affected by storage at room temperature. La Rivista Italiana Delle Sostanze Grasse XCIII: 229-236.
- Ahmed M. Saad, Ragab A. Elmassry, Ahmed S. Hamed, Khaled M. M. Wahdan, Mohamed F. Ramadan (2016) Characterization of composition, antioxidant potential and microbial organisms upon submerged Cicer arietinum fermentation. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization 10:319–326.
- Hefnawy T. Hefnawy, Gehan A. El-Shourbagy,Mohamed F. Ramadan (2016) Phenolic extracts of carrot, grape leaf and turmeric powder: antioxidant potential and application in biscuits.Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization 10:576–583.
- Mohamed F. Ramadan, H. F. Oraby (2016) Fatty acids and bioactive lipids of potato cultivars: an overview.Journal of Oleo Science 65: 459-470.
- Mustafa Kiralan, Mohamed F. Ramadan (2016) Volatile Oxidation Compounds and Stability of Safflower, Sesame and Canola Cold-Pressed Oils as Affected by Thermal and Microwave Treatments. Journal of Oleo Science 65: 825-833.
- Adel M. A. Assiri, Khaled Elbanna, Hussein H. Abulreesh, Mohamed F. Ramadan (2016) Bioactive compounds of cold-pressed thyme (Thymus vulgaris) oil with antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.Journal of Oleo Science 65: 629-640.
- Mohammad H. M. Abdeldaiem, Hoda G. M. Ali, Mohamed F. R. Hassanien (2016) Extending the shelf life of refrigerated beef balls using methanol extracts of gamma-irradiated mushrooms. FLEISCHWIRTSCHAFT International 5: 62-68.
- Awad Abdel Twab Mahmoud, Gamal Mohamedin Hassan, Abdel Moneim Sadek Hassan,Abdel Krem Mohammed Abdel Latif, M. F. Ramadan (2015) Demonstrating adverse effects of a common food additive (sodium sulfite) on biochemical, cytological and histopathological parameters in tissues of albino Wister rats. European Journal of Integrative Medicine http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2015.03.003
- Adel M. A. Assiri, Hala F. M. Kamel, Mohamed F. R. Hassanien (2015) Resistin, Visfatin, Adiponectin, and Leptin: Risk of Breast Cancer in Pre- and Postmenopausal Saudi Females and Their Possible Diagnostic and Predictive Implications as Novel Biomarkers. Disease Markers http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/253519
- Hesham Farouk Oraby, M.F. Ramdan (2015) Impact of suppressing the caffeic acid O methyltransferase (COMT) gene on lignin, fiber, and seed oil composition in Brassica napus transgenic plants. Europran Food Research and Technology 240:931–938.
- Adel Mohamad Ali Assiri, M.F. Ramdan, Heshm Alshmy, Jorg-Thomas Morsel (2014) Bioactive compounds and antiradical potential of Campanula medium lipids. Chemistry of Natural Compounds 50: 1088–1091.
- Mohsen Mohamed Selim Asker, Osama Hamed EL Sayed, Manal Gomaa Mahmoud, M.F. Ramdan (2014) Chemical structure and antioxidant activity of a new exopolysaccharide produced from Micrococcus luteus. Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology 12: 121–126.
- Ayman M. Helmy, M.F.Ramdan (2014) Yield Quality Parameters and Chemical Composition of Peanut as Affected by Potassium and Gypsum Applications under Foliar Spraying with Boron. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 45:2397–2412.
- M.F.R. Hassanien (2014) Composition and antiradical power of Syzygium aromaticum lipids. Chemistry of Natural Compounds 50:716-718.
- M.F.R. Hassanien, A. M. Sharoba (2014) Rheological characteristics of vegetable oils as affected by deep frying of French fries. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization 8:171–179.