- :(65) 6516 8925 :(65) 6873 9664
Department of Pharmacology
National University of Singapore
|2008||Ph.D. in Pharmacology, National University of Singapore, Singapore|
|2003||M.Sc. in Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Singapore|
|1993||M.Med. in Medicinal Chemistry, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, China|
|1984||B.Sc. in Chemistry, Northwest Normal University, China|
Dr. Lingzhi Wang is a Senior Research Scientist of the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pharmacology of Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS). Dr. Wang obtained his M.Med. in Medicinal Chemistry from Chongqing Medical University (China) in 1993. He continued his postgraduate studies in NUS and obtained his M.Sc. in Pharmacy and Ph.D. in Pharmacology in 2003 and 2008, respectively. Dr. Wang has won Medical Research Scientist Award from National Medical Research Council (NMRC Singapore) in 2005 and PhD Graduate Research Excellence Award from American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Annual Meeting 2008 (USA). Till date, he has published 50 research papers, many of them are in reputable and premium journals such as Cell, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Clinical Cancer Research, Journal of Chromatography B, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, Journal of Mass Spectrometry as well as Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, etc.
His research interest covers many aspects of the anti-cancer drug discovery and development, including drug analysis, natural anticancer drug development, preclinical/clinical cancer pharmacology, and cancer biomarker studies
PhD Graduate Research Excellence Award from AAPS Annual Meeting 2008 Atlanta, USA;
Medical Research Scientist Award 2005 (Ref: MH 95:03/8-136) from NMRC of Singapore.
- Goon CP, Wang LZ*, Wong FC, Thuya WL, Chi-Lui Ho P, Goh BC. UGT1A1 Mediated Drug Interactions and its Clinical Relevance. Curr Drug Metab. 2015 Nov 3. (Impact Factor:2.916)
- Chai EZ, Shanmugam MK, Arfuso F, Dharmarajan A, Wang C, Kumar AP, Samy RP, Lim LH, Wang L, Goh BC, Ahn KS, Hui KM, Sethi G. Targeting transcription factor STAT3 for cancer prevention and therapy. Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Oct 20. (Impact Factor:9.723)
- Liu C, Ho PC, Wong FC, Sethi G, Wang LZ*, Goh BC. Garcinol: current status of its anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer effects. Cancer Lett. 2015 Mar 18 (Impact Factor: 5.016).
- Wang LZ, Goh SH, Wong AL, Thuya WL, Lau JY, Wan SC, Lee SC, Ho PC, Goh BC. Validation of a Rapid and Sensitive LC-MS/MS Method for Determination of Exemestane and Its Metabolites, 17β-Hydroxyexemestane and 17β-Hydroxyexemestane-17-O-β-D-Glucuronide: Application to Human Pharmacokinetics Study. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 20; 10(3):e0118553 (Impact Factor: 3.534).
- Li F, Shanmugam MK, Siveen KS, Wang F, Ong TH, Loo SY, Swamy MM, Mandal S, Kumar AP, Goh BC, Kundu T, Ahn KS, Wang LZ, Hui KM, Sethi G. Garcinol sensitizes human head and neck carcinoma to cisplatin in a xenograft mouse model despite downregulation of proliferative biomarkers. Oncotarget. 2015 Feb 28. (Impact Factor: 6.627).
- Dai X, Ahn KS, Kim C, Siveen KS, Ong TH, Shanmugam MK, Li F, Shi J, Kumar AP, Wang LZ, Goh BC, Magae J, Hui KM, Sethi G. Ascochlorin, an isoprenoid antibiotic inhibits growth and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting STAT3 signaling cascade through the induction of PIAS3. Mol Oncol. 2015 Jan 5 (Impact Factor: 5.935).
- Wong AL, Soo RA, Tan DS, Lee SC, Lim JS, Marban PC, Kong LR, Lee YJ, Wang LZ, Thuya WL, Soong R, Yee MQ, Chin TM, Cordero MT, Asuncion BR, Pang B, Pervaiz S, Hirpara JL, Sinha A, Xu WW, Yuasa M, Tsunoda T, Motoyama M, Yamauchi T, Goh BC. Ann Oncol. 2015 Jan 21 (Impact Factor: 6.578).
- A L Wong, K Y Seng, E M Ong, L Z Wang, H Oscar, M T Cordero, R Copones, L Fan, S H Tan, B C Goh, S C Lee. Body fat composition impacts the hematologic toxicities and pharmacokinetics of doxorubicin in Asian breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment 01/2014.
- Dorothy Su Lin Toh, Lie Michael George Limenta, Jie Yin Yee, Ling-Zhi Wang, Boon-Cher Goh, Michael Murray, Edmund Jon Deoon Lee. Effect of Mushroom Diet on Pharmacokinetics of Gabapentin in Healthy Chinese Subjects. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 10/2013.
- Ling-Zhi Wang,1,2 Jacqueline Ramírez3, Winnie Yeo4, Mei-Yi Michelle Chan5, Win-Lwin Thuya1, Jie-Ying Amelia Lau1, Seow-Ching Wan1, Andrea Li-Ann Wong6, Ying-Kiat Zee6, Robert Lim6, Soo-Chin Lee16 , Paul C. Ho5, How-Sung Lee2, Anthony Chan4, Sherry Ansher7, Mark J. Ratain3,8,9 and Boon-Cher Goh1,2,6*. Glucuronidation by UGT1A1 is the dominant pathway of the metabolic disposition of belinostat in liver cancer patients. PLoS One 2013;8(1):e54522.
- Ling-Zhi Wang1,2*, Win-Lwin Thuya1, Dorothy Su-Lin Toh2, Michael George-Limenta Lie2, Jie-Ying Amelia Lau1, Li-Ren Kong1, Seow-Ching Wan1, Kian-Ngiap Chua1, Edmund Jon-Deoon Lee2 & Boon-Cher Goh 1,2,3* Quantification of L-ergothioneine in human plasma and erythrocytes by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Mass Spectrometry. 2013 Mar; 48(3):406-12.
- Qiang Wen1, Benjamin Goldenson1, Serena J. Silver2, Monica Schenone2, Vladimir Dancik2, Zan Huang1, Ling-Zhi Wang3 Timothy Lewis2, W. Frank An2, Xiaoyu Li2, Mark-Anthony Bray2, Clarisse Thiollier4, Lauren Diebold1, Martha S. Vokes2, Christopher B. Moore2, Meghan Bliss-Moreau1,2, Lynn VerPlank2, Nicola J. Tolliday2, Rama Mishra5, Sasidhar Vemula6, Jianjian Shi6, Lei Wei6, Reuben Kapur6, Cécile K. Lopez4, Bastien Gerby7, Paola Ballerini8, Francoise Pflumio7, D. Gary Gilliland9, Liat Goldberg10, Yehudit Birger10, Shai Izraeli10, Alan S. Gamis11, Franklin O. Smith12, William G. Woods13, Christina A. Scherer2, James Bradner2,14, ,, Boon-Cher Goh3, Thomas Mercher4, Anne E. Carpenter2, Robert J. Gould2, Paul A. Clemons2, Steven A. Carr2, David E. Root2, Stuart L. Schreiber2, Andrew M. Stern2,*, John D. Crispino1,* Integrative screening approach identifies regulators of polyploidization and targets for acute megakaryocytic leukemia. Cell 150(2012):575-89.
- W. Yeo1, H.C. Chung2, S.L. Chan1, L.Z. Wang3, R. Lim4, J. Picus5, et al. Epigenetic therapy using belinostat for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: A multicenter phase I/II study with biomarker and pharmacokinetic analysis of the Mayo Phase 2 Consortium (P2C) and the Cancer Therapeutics Research Group (CTRG)," Journal of Clinical Oncology 30(2012):3361-7.
- Ling-Zhi Wang1,*; Rina Yue Ling Ong2; Tan-Min Chin 1,3; Win-Lwin Thuya1; Seow Ching Wan1; Sui-Yung Chan2; Paul C. Ho2 & Boon-Cher Goh1,3 Method Development and Validation for Quantitative Determination of Hydroxychloroquine in Human Blood using Liquid Chromatography – tandem Mass Spectrometry. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 61 (2012):86-92.
- Lingzhi Wang1, Gaik Hong Soon2, Kok-Yong Seng3, Edmund Lee3, Boon-Cher Goh1, Eu-Leong Yong3, Jun Li3, Charles Flexner4, Lawrence Lee2,3* Pharmacokinetic Modeling of Plasma and Intracellular Concentrations of Raltegravir Healthy Volunteers. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 55, no. 9 (2011).
- Andrea Li-Ann Wong1, Hui-Ling Yap2, Wee-Lee Yeo1, Richie Soong2, Swee-Siang Ng2, Ling-Zhi Wang2, Maricel Tiemsim Cordero1, Wei-Peng Yong1, Boon-Cher Goh1,2, Soo-Chin Lee1,2 Gemcitabine pharmacogenetics in Asian breast cancer patients treated with gemcitabine and carboplatin. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 8(2011):255-9.
- Nan-Soon Wong1, Elaine ZH Seah2, Ling-Zhi Wang3, Wee-Lee Yeo2, Hui-Ling Yap3, Benjamin Chuah2, Yi-Wan Lim2, Peter CS Ang1, Bee-Choo Tai4, Robert Lim2, Boon-Cher Goh2,3, Soo-Chin Lee2,3,*Impact of UDP-Gluconoryltransferase 2B17 Genotype on Vorinostat Metabolism and Clinical Outcomes in Asian Breast Cancer Women. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 21(2011):760-8.
- Ling-Zhi Wang1,*; Michelle Yi-Xiu Lim2; Tan-Min Chin 1,3; Win-Lwin Thuya1; Pei-Ling Nye1; Sui-Yung Chan2; Boon-Cher Goh1,3 & Paul C. Ho.2 Rapid Determination of Gefitinib and its Main Metabolite, O-desmethyl Gefitinib in Human Plasma using Liquid Chromatography – tandem Mass Spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography B. 879(2011):2155-61.
- Ling-Zhi Wang1*, Lawrence Lee2, Win-Lwin Thuya1, Gaik Hong Soon2, Li-Ren Kong1, Pei-Ling Nye1, Edmund Lee Jon-Deoon3, Charles Flexner4 & Boon-Cher Goh 1, 3* Simultaneous Determination of Raltegravir and Raltegravir Glucuronide in Human Plasma by Liquid Chromatography-tandem Mass Spectrometric Method. Journal of Mass Spectrometry. 46(2011):202-8.
- Wang LZ1*, Chan D2, Yeo W3, Wan SC1, Chan S3, Chan A3, Lee SC 2, Lee HS4, Goh BC1,2,4. A sensitive and specific liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric method for determination of belinostat in plasma from liver cancer patients. Journal of Chromatography B 2010; 878(26):2409-14.
- Lim YW, Goh BC, Wang LZ, Tan SH, Chuah BY, Lim SE, et al. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of docetaxel with or without ketoconazole modulation in chemonaive breast cancer patients. Ann Oncol. 2010; 21(11):2175-82.
- Ling-Zhi Wang*, Wei-Peng Yong, Lai-San Tham, Ross-A. Soo, Soo-Chin Lee, How-Sung Lee, Boon-Cher Goh. Rapid Determination of Gemcitabine and Its Metabolite in Human Plasma by LC-MSMS through Micro Protein Precipitation with Minimum Matrix Effect. Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 1(2009):22-32.
- Ross A. Soo, Ling Zhi Wang, Swee Siang Ng, Pei Yi Chong, Wei Peng Yong, et al. Distribution of gemcitabine pathway genotypes in ethnic Asians and their association with outcome in non-small cell lung cancer patients. Lung Cancer. 2009 Jun; 63(1):121-127。
- Yong WP, Wang LZ, Tham LS, Wong CI, Lee SC, Soo R, Sukri N, Lee HS, Goh BC. A phase I study of docetaxel with ketoconazole modulation in patients with advanced cancers. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008 Jul; 62(2):243-51.
- Ma B, Goh BC, Tan EH, Lam KC, Soo R, Leong SS, Wang LZ, Mo F, Chan ATC, Zee B, Mok T. A multicenter phase II trial of 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (3-AP, Triapine (R)) and gemcitabine in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with pharmacokinetic evaluation using peripheral blood mononuclear cells. INVESTIGATIONAL NEW DRUGS 26 (2008): 169-173.
- Hor SY, Lee SC, Wong CI, Lim YW, Lim RC, Wang LZ, Fan L, Guo JY, Lee HS, Goh BC, Tan T. PXR, CAR and HNF4alpha genotypes and their association with pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of docetaxel and doxorubicin in Asian patients. Pharmacogenomics J. 2008 Apr; 8(2):139-46.
- Tham LS, Wang LZ, Soo RA, Lee HS, Lee SC, Goh BC, Holford NH. Does saturable formation of gemcitabine triphosphate occur in patients? CANCER CHMOTHER PHMACOL. 2008 Feb 28.
- Tham LS, Wang LZ, Soo RA, et al. A pharmacodynamic model for the time course of tumor shrinkage by gemcitabine + carboplatin in non-small cell lung cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res. 14 (2008): 4213-8.
- Tham LS, Holford NH, Hor SY, Tan T, Wang LZ, Lim RC, Lee HS, Lee SC, Goh BC. Lack of association of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in pregnane X receptor, hepatic nuclear factor 4alpha, and constitutive androstane receptor with docetaxel pharmacokinetics. Clin Cancer Res. 2007 Dec 1; 13 (23):7126-32.
- Wang Q, Tang XN, Wang LZ, et al. Effects of high dose of simvastatin on levels of dopamine and its reuptake in prefrontal cortex and striatum among SD rats. NEUROSCIENCE LETTERS 408 (3): 189-193 NOV 20 2006.
- Tham LS, Goh BC, Nafziger A, Guo JY, Wang LZ, Soong R, Lee SC. A warfarin-dosing model in Asians that uses single-nucleotide polymorphisms in vitamin K epoxide reductase complex and cytochrome P4502C9. CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY & THERAPEUTICS 80 (2006): 346-355.
- Soo RA, Wang LZ, Tham LS, et al. A multicentre randomised phase II study of carboplatin in combination with gemcitabine at standard rate or fixed dose rate infusion in patients with advanced stage non-small-cell lung cancer. ANNALS OF ONCOLOGY 17 (7): 1128-1133 JUL 2006.
- Tham LS, Lee HS, Wang LZ, et al. Ketoconazole renders poor CYP3A phenotype status with midazolam as probe drug THERAPEUTIC DRUG MONITORING 28 (2): 255-261 APR 2006.
- Wang LZ, Goh BC, Fan L, Lee HS: Sensitive high-performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry method for determination of steviol in rat plasma RAPID COMMUN. MASS SPECTROMETRY 18 (2004): 83-86.
- Schuetz EG, Relling MV, Kishi S, Yang W, Das S, Chen P, Cook EH, Rosner GL, Pui CH, Blanco JG, Edick MJ, Hancock ML, Winick NJ, Dervieux T, Amylon MD, Bash RO, Behm FG, Camitta BM, Raimondi SC, Goh BC, Lee SC, Wang LZ, Fan L, Guo JY, Lamba J, Lim R, Lim HL, Ong AB, Lee HS, et al. PharmGKB update: II. CYP3A5, cytochrome P450, family 3, subfamily A, polypeptide 5. Pharmacol Rev. 2004 Jun; 56(2):159.
- Soo RA, Lim HL, Wang LZ, Lee HS, Millward MJ, Tok LT, Lee SC, Lehnert M, Goh BC. Phase I trial of fixed dose-rate gemcitabine in combination with carboplatin in chemonaive advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a Cancer Therapeutics Research Group study. CANCER CHEMOTHERAPY AND PHARMACOLOGY 52 (2): 153-158 AUG 2003.
- Wang LZ, Goh BC, Grigg ME, Lee SC, Khoo YM, Lee HS. A rapid and sensitive liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry method for determination of docetaxel in human plasma. RAPID COMMUN. MASS SPECTROM 17:1548-52. 2003.
- L.Z. Wang, H.S. Lee, B.C. Goh, P. Noordhuis, G.J. Peters. Determination of gemcitabine and its metabolite in human plasma by isocratic ion-pair reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography. THERAPEUTIC DRUG MONITORING 25 (5): 552-557 OCT 2003.
- H.S. Lee, B.C. Goh, L. Fan, Y.M. Khoo, L.Z. Wang, R. Lim, A.B. Ong, C. Chua. Phenotyping CYP3A using Midazolam in cancer and non-cancer Asian Patients. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2003; 55:270-7.
- Wang LZ, Ho PC, Lee HS, Vaddi HK, Chan YW, Yung CS. Quantitation of paclitaxel in micro-sample rat plasma by a sensitive reversed-phase HPLC assay. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2003 Feb 26;31(2):283-9。
- B.C. Goh, S.C. Lee, L. Z. Wang, L. Fan, J. Y. Guo, E. Schuetz, R. Lim, H.L. Lim, A.B. Ong, H. S. Lee. Strategies to reduce interindividual variability of docetaxel pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in Asians through genotyping and phenotyping using midazolam as a probe drug for CYP3A. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2002; 20:3683-90.
- H.K. Vaddi, L.Z. Wang, P.C. Ho, Y.W. Chan, S.Y. Chan. Effect of cetrimide and ascorbic acid on in vitro human skin permeation of haloperidol. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 49(11), 1395-1400, 2001.
- T.H. Phan, L.Z. Wang, P. See, R.J. Grayer, S.Y. Chan, S.T. Lee. Phenolic compounds of CHROMOLAENA ODORATA PROTECT cultured skin cells from oxidative damage: a new potential agent for cutaneous wound healing? ACTA DERMATO-VENEREOLOGICA. 24 (12), 1373-1379, 2001.
- H.K. Vaddi, L.Z. Wang, P.C. Ho, S.Y. Chan. Effect of some enhancers on the permeation of haloperidol through rat skin in vitro. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. Vol. 212, 247-255, 2001.
- Ouyang Huaxue, Wang Lingzhi, Hu Mobiao, Zou Shihui. Determination of capsaicin using reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography. Chinese Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 1998, Vol. 26, No. 12:1521.
- Wang Lingzhi*, Qiu Zongyin. Studies on difference of fluorescence activity and elution order of propranolol enantiomers by reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography. Chinese Journal of Chromatography. 1997, Vol. 15, No. 5:411-5413.
- Qiu Zongyin, Wang Lingzhi. High-performance liquid chromatographic enantioseparation of (R)—and (S)-propranolol via derivation with (R, R)-0, 0-diacetyl tartaric acid anhydride. Chinese Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 1995, Vol. 23, No. 3:268-272.
- Zou Shihui, Xi Jinyu, Wang Lingzhi, Lu Yong Song, Peng Zhong Li. The optimization of controlled release formulation of niclosamide and its quality control. Chinese Journal of Practical Parasitic Diseases. 1998. Vol. 6, No. 4:89.
- Xi Jinyu, Wang Lingzhi. The role of controlled release formulation of niclosamide in snail control. Chinese Journal of Practical Parasitic Diseases. 1997, Vol. 5, No. 3:138.
- Xi Jinyu, Wang Lingzhi. Preparation of agrimophol and its molluscicidal effect. Chinese Journal of Practical Parasitic Diseases. 1997, Vol. 5, No. 4:154.