- : (505) 272-6341
Department of Rheumatology
University of New Mexico
- Fellow, Clinical and Research Rheumatology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, New York, NY (2000-2003)
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center, New York, NY (1998-2000)
- Sabbatical Leave to Department of Dermatology, Laboratory for Immunology and Biochemistry, Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark (1988-1989)
- Ph.D., Clinical and Immunological Studies in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Academy of Medicine, University Skin Clinic, Sofia, Bulgaria (1984-1987)
- Resident and Fellow in Dermatology, University Skin Clinic, Sofia, Bulgaria (1980-1984)
- M.D., Academy of Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria (1972-1978
Dr. Konstantin N. Konstantinov completed his MD and PhD at the Academy of Medicine, Sofia. His medical and laboratory training in 3 different countries (Bulgaria, Denmark, and the US) led to a doctorate in dermatology and clinical immunology, Board Certifications in three subspecialties (dermatology, internal medicine, rheumatology) and experience in basic immunology and translational clinical research. His work at The State Serum Institute, Copenhagen, the Autoimmune Disease Center at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California, and Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, shaped his career as a rheumatologist and autoimmune disease expert.
In 2003 Dr. Konstantinov joined the University of New Mexico where he is a Professor of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
His clinical and research interests continueto focus on identification of novel autoantibodies and biomarkers for autoimmune diseases, the development of innovative diagnostic technologies, and the relationship of the autoimmune response to disease mechanisms.
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, University of New Mexico (June 2014)
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM (July 2003 – June 2014)
- Staff Physician, Section of Rheumatology, NM VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, NM (July 2003 – present)
- Research Associate, W.M. Keck Autoimmune Disease Center, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California (1991 – 1998)
- Fellow, Department of Autoimmunology, The State Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark (1989 – 1991)
- Consultant, Danish Systemic Sclerosis Study Group, Copenhagen, Denmark (1989 – 1991)
- Guest Professor, Department of Dermatology, Laboratory for Immunology and Biochemistry, Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark (1988 – 1989)
- National Consultant, Clinical Dermatology and Autoimmune Diseases, Academy of Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria (1986 – 1988)
- Head, Reference Laboratory for Immunology of Skin and Connective Tissue Diseases, University Skin Clinic, Sofia, Bulgaria (1985 – 1988)
- Research Associate, Institute of Molecular Biology, Program in Molecular Medicine, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria (1985 – 1988)
- Assistant Professor in Dermatology, Academy of Medicine, University Skin Clinic, Sofia, Bulgaria (1984 – 1991)
- General Internist, Lyuljakovo, Bulgaria (1978 – 1980)
Honors and Awards
- Albuquerque Magazine Top Doc in Rheumatology - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013
- First Prize in Henry L. Moses Competition in Basic Science, Montefiore Staff and AlumniAssociation, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York (2003)
- Professor NielsHjorth’s Foundation Award, Denmark (1988)
- Outstanding Resident Award, University Skin Clinic, Sofia (1983)
- Summa cum laude, Academy of Medicine, Sofia, Bulgaria (1978)
- American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (1996)
- Danish Dermatological Society (1989)
- British Society for Investigative Dermatology (1989)
- European Society for Dermatological Research (1988)
- Bulgarian Dermatological Society (1984)
Other extramural professional activities
- Editorial Board Member,Journal of Medicine and Medical Research(2013)
- Editorial Board Member,Austin Journal of Clinical Medicine (2013)
- Editorial Board Member, Insights of Translational Medicine (2014)
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Hematology and Blood Disorders (2014)
- Editorial Board Member, SOJ Rheumatology and Rheumatic Diseases (2014)
- Member Elect (2010); Autoantibody Standardization Committee in Rheumatic and Related Disorders of the International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS), The World Health Organization (WHO), The Arthritis Foundation (AF) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Reviewer, Clinical Rheumatology, Arthritis Care and Research, Rheumatology, Clinical and Developmental Immunology, PLOS ONE
- Reviewer, VA Research Service Grant Proposals, NM VA HCS, Albuquerque
UNM Committee activities
- Selection Committee, Combined BA/MD Degree Program (2008 – 2011)
- Rheumatology Fellowship Evaluation Committee
Chaired Meeting Sessions at UNM
- UNM Rheumatology Meeting: “Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis: unrecognized fetal outcome during hospital admission”, presented by Ross Zumwalt, MD, NM Chief Medical Investigator, March 11, 2014
- UNM Rheumatology Meeting “FcRn and Autoimmunity “, presented by Derry Roopenian, PhD, StefkaPetkova, PhD (The Jackson Laboratory, ME, USA), November 7, 2007
- UNM Rheumatology Meeting “Electrochemical Biosensors in Medicine”, presented by PlamenAtanassov, PhD (UNM, Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering), March 13, 2006
- UNM Rheumatology Meeting “Hormonal Regulation of Autoreactive B cells”, presented by Elena Peeva, MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, NY, December 12, 2005
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Ulff-Moller CJ, Tzamaloukas A. Infections and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies: triggering mechanisms. AUTOIMMUNITY REVIEWS (in print).
- Decker L, Crawford AM, Stippler M, KONSTANTINOV KN, SantaCruz KS. Pediatric IgG4-related hypophysitis: case report and review of literature. J NEUROSURG PEDIATRICS (submitted).
- Glew RH, Sun Y, Horowitz BL, KONSTANTINOV KN, Barry M, Fair JR, Massie L, Tzamaloukas AH. Nephropathy in dietary hyperoxaluria: a potentially preventable acute or chronic kidney disease. WORLD J NEPHROLOGY, 2014, 3: 122-142.
- Sun Y, Luu NT, Bijol V, Vigil D, Servilla KS, Tzamaloukas AH, KONSTANTINOV KN. IgG-4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis complicating the course of chronic kidney disease . AUSTIN J CLIN MED, 2014, 1(2):5.
- Agmon-Levin N, Damoiseaux J, Kallenberg C, Sack U, Witte T, Herold M, Bossuyt X, Musset L, Cervera R, Plaza-Lopez A, Dias C, Sousa MJ, Radice A, Eriksson C, Hultgren O, Viander M, Khamashta M, Regenass S, Andrade ELC, Wiik A, Tincani A, Ronnelid J, Bloch DB, Fritzler MJ, Chan EKL, Copple SS, KONSTANTINOV KN, Lahita R, Wilson M, Meroni P, Shoenfeld Y. International recommendations for the assessment of autoantibodies to cellular antigens referred to as anti-nuclear antibodies. ANN RHEUM DIS, 2014, 73(1):177-183.
- Rubin RL, Wall D, KONSTANTINOV KN. Electrochemical biosensor for quantification of anti-DNA autoantibodies in human serum. BIOSENSORS AND BIOELECTRONICS, 2014, 51:316-321.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Reyes C, Barry M, Kellie S, Tzamaloukas A. Renal disease in patients with infective endocarditis and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies. CUREUS, 2013, 5(7): e129.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Tzamaloukas A, Rubin RL.Detection of autoantibodies in a point of care rheumatology setting. AUTOIMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS, 2013, 55: 4:55-61.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Harris AA, Barry M, Murata GH, Tzamaloukas AH. Sustained remission of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-mediated glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome in mixed connective tissue. JOURNAL OF CLINICAL MEDICINE RESEARCH, 2013, 4:316-321.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Emil SN, Barry M, Kellie S, Tzamaloukas A. Glomerular disease in patients with infectious processes developing antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies. ISRN NEPHROLOGY, 2013, article ID 324315: 1-18.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Harris AA, Hartshorne MF, Tzamaloukas AH. Symptomatic ANCA-positive disease complicating subacute bacterial endocarditis. To treat or not to treat? CASE REPORTS IN NEPHROLOGY AND UROLOGY, 2012, 2:25-32.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Sitdikov RA, Lopez GP, Atanassov PB, Rubin RL. Rapid detection of antichromatin autoantibodies in human serum using a portable electrochemical biosensor BIOSENSORS AND BIOELECTRONICS 2009, 24:1949-1954.
- Nunez S, KONSTANTINOV KN, Servilla KS, Harris AA, Hartshorne MF, Williams WL, Gibel LG, Tzamaloukas AH. Association between scleroderma, membranous nephropathy and renal cell carcinoma. CLINICAL NEPHROLOGY 2009, 71:63-68.
- Gupta A, Sun Y, KONSTANTINOV KN, Servilla K, Hartshorne MF, Tzamaloukas AH. Tumoralcalcinosis in a patient on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis without hyper;lparathyroidism ADV PERIT DIALYSIS 2008, 24:132-136.
- Zeledon JI, McKelvey R, Servilla KS, Hofinger D, KONSTANTINOV KN, Kellie S, Sun Y, Massie LW, Hartshorne MF, Tzamaloukas. Gomerulonephritis causing acute renal failure during the course of bacterial infection. Histological varieties, potential pathogenetic pathways and treatment. INT UROL NEPHROL 2008, 40:461-470.
- Tzamaloukas A, KONSTANTINOV KN, Agaba EI, Raj DSC, Murata, GH, Glew RH. Twenty-first century ethics of Medical Research involving human subjects. Achievements and challenges. INT UROL NEPHROL 2008,40:153-163
- Slough S, Servilla KS, Harford AM, KONSTANTINOV KN, Harris A, Tzamaloukas. Association between calciphylaxis and inflammation in two patients on chronic dialysis. ADV PERIT DIALYSIS 2006, 22:171-174.
- Petkova S, KONSTANTINOV KN, Sproule T, Lyons B, Awwami MA, Roopenian D. Human antibodies induce arthritis in mice deficient in IgG low-affinity inhibitory receptor FcγRIIB. J EXP MED 2006, 203:275-280.
- DeGiorgio LA*, KONSTANTINOV KN*, LEE SC, Hardin JA, Volpe BT, and Diamond B. A subset of lupus anti-DNA antibodies cross-reacts with the NR2 glutamate receptor in systemic lupus erythematosus. NATURE MEDICINE 2001, 7:1189-1193 (*co-first authors).
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Sondergaard J, Izuno G, and Obreshkova E. Keratosis lichenoideschronica. J AM ACAD DERMATOL 1998, 38:306-309.
- Galcheva-Gargova Z, Gangwani L, KONSTANTINOV KN, Mikrut M, Theroux S, Enoch T, Davis RJ. The cytoplasmic Zinc finger protein ZPR1 accumulates in the nucleolus of proliferating cells. MOL BIOL CELL 1998, 9:2963-2971.
- Westendorf JM, KONSTANTINOV KN, Wormsley A, Shu M-D, Matsumoto-Taniura N, Pirollet F, Klier FG, Gerace L, Baserga S. M-phase phosphoprotein 10 (MPP10) is a U3snoRNP-specific nucleolar protein. MOL BIOL CELL 1998, 9:437-449.
- vonMikecz A, KONSTANTINOV KN, Buchwald D, Gerace L, and Tan EM. High frequency of autoantibodies to insuluble cellular antigens in chronic fatigue syndrome. ARTHRITIS RHEUM, 1997, 40:295-305.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, von Mikecz A, Buchwald D, Jones J, Gerace L, and Tan EM. Autoantibodies to nuclear envelope antigens in chronic fatigue syndrome. J CLIN INVEST, 1996, 98:1888-1896.
- Galcheva-Gargova Z, KONSTANTINOV KN, Wu I-H, Klier F.G, Barret T, and Davis R.J. Binding of Zinc finger protein Zpr1 to the epidermal growth factor receptor. SCIENCE, 1996, 272:1797-1802.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Robbins B, and Liu F-T. Galectin-3, a -galactoside animal lectin, is a marker of anaplastic large-cell lymphoma AM J PATHOL, 1996, 148:25-30.
- Mathews K, KONSTANTINOV KN, Kuwabara I, Hill P, Hsu A, Zuraw B, and Liu F-T. Evidence for IgG autoantibodies to galectin-3, a -galactoside-binding lectin (Mac-2 lectin, epsilon binding protein or carbohydrate binding protein 35) in human serum. J CLIN IMMUNOL,1995, 15:329-337.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Foisner R, Byrd D, Liu F-T, Tsai W-M, Wiik A, and Gerace L. Integral membrane proteins associated with the nuclear lamina are novel autoimmune antigens of the nuclear envelope. CLIN IMMUNOL IMMUNOPATHOL, 1995, 74:89-99.
- Byrd D, Sweet D, Pante N, KONSTANTINOV KN, Guan T, Saphire A, Mitchell P, Cooper C, Aebi U, and Gerace L. Tpr, a large coiled coil protein whose amino terminus is involved in activation of oncogenic kinases, is localized to the cytoplasmic surface of the nuclear pore complex. J CELL BIOL, 1994, 127:1515-1526.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Shames B, Izuno G, and Liu F-T. Expression of εBP, a β-galactoside- binding soluble lectin, in normal and neoplastic epidermis. EXP DERMATOL, 1994, 3:9-16.
- Ullman S, Halberg P, Hoier-Madsen M, Kang L, KONSTANTINOV KN, Pedersen K, Rasmussen E, and Wiik A. Autoantibodies in patients with scleroderma. UGESKR LAEGER, 1993, 155:472-476.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Halberg P, Wiik A, Hoier-Madsen M, Wantzin P, Ullman S, and Galcheva-Gargova Z. Clinical manifestations in patients with autoantibodies specific for nuclear lamin proteins. CLIN IMMUNOL IMMUNOPATHOL, 1992, 62:112-118.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Kabakchiev P, Karchev T, Kobayasi T, and Ullman S. Lipoid proteinosis: case report. J AM ACAD DERMATOL 1992, 27:293-297.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Galcheva-Gargova Z, Hoier-Madsen M, Wiik A, Ullman S, Vejlsgaard G. Autoantibodies to lamins A and C in sera of patients showing peripheral fluorescent antinuclear antibody pattern on HEp-2 cells. J INVEST DERMATOL, 1990, 95:304-308.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Galabov A, and Mastikova B. Interferon response to dipyridamole in lupus erythematosus patients. BRIT J DERMATOL, 1989, 121:59-63.
- Zlatkov N, Tsankov N, Pramatarov K, and KONSTANTINOV KN. Bullous lichen planus and lichen planuspemphigoides. DERMATOL MONATSCHR, 1988, 174:339-344.
- Andreev V, KONSTANTINOV K, and Rueva M. Clinical diagnosis of dysplastic nevus syndrome. DERMATOL VENEROL 1988, 27/3:14-18.
- Lalova A and KONSTANTINOV KN. Theurapeutic possibilities in patients with urticaria-vasculities. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1987, 26/4:24-27.
- KONSTANTINOV K and Russanova V. Evidence for absence of histones in CrithidiaLucilliaekinetoplast: a study with anti-H2A and monoclonal anti-H3 antibodies. BRIT J DERMATOL, 1987, 117:451-456.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Russanova V, and Russeva V. Antibodies to histones and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus: a comparitive study with an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and immunoblotting. ARCH DERMATOL RES, 1986, 278:410-415.
- Andreev V and KONSTANTINOV KN. Naevusdysplasiesyndrome (NDS).Z HAUTKRANKHEITEN 1986, 61/24:1793-1798.
- KONSTANTINOV KN and Russeva V. Antinuclear antibodies in patients with systemic sclerosis. I. Comparison of different substrates for immunofluorescence studies. DERMATOL VENEROL,1985, 24/4:40-42.
- Andreev V and KONSTANTINOV KN. Dysplastic nevus syndrome. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1985, 24/4:61-66.
- Georgieva V, Zlatkov N, and KONSTANTINOV KN. Frequency of sister chromatid exchange in lymphocyte cultures from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1985, 24/4:18-23.
- KONSTANTINOV KNand Russeva V. Clinical utility of lupus band test in systemic lupus erythematosus patients. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1985, 24/3:15-19.
- Anastasov G, KONSTANTINOV KN, Botev N, and Deliiska A. early diagnosis of lupus nephritis. DERMATOL VENEROL 1985, 24/2:1-10.
- KONSTANTINOV KN. Antinuclear and anticytoplasmic antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1985: 24/1:1-7.
- Dimitrova J and KONSTANTINOV KN. Primary localized skin amyloidosis: observation of 3 cases. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1984, 23/4:30-36.
- KONSTANTINOV KN and Russanova V. Antibodies to histones in systemic lupus erythematosus. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1984, 23/3:24-32.
- KONSTANTINOV KN and Russeva V. Lupus band test (LBT) and disease activity score in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1984, 23/1:28-32.
- Pramatarov K, Popova L, KONSTANTINOV KN, and Yuskevich I. Rare variants of lupus erythematosuschronicusdiscoides (case reports). DERMATOL VENEROL, 1983, 22/2:25-30.
- KONSTANTINOV KN and Russeva V. Circulating immune complexes. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1983, 22/2:7-13.
- Dimitrova J and KONSTANTINOV KN. Urticarielle, leukozytoklasische, hypokomplemen-taemischevasculitis. DEUTSCHE DERMATOL, 1983, 31/8:1033-1036.
- Dimitrova J, Obreshkova E, Boyanov L, andKONSTANTINOV KN. Skin-disseminated lupus erythematosus, a borderline systemic variant: subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus. DERMATOL VENEROL, 1983, 22/1:27-32.
- Davidson A, KONSTANTINOV KN, and Diamond B. Targeting B cells. In: Biological Therapy in Rheumatology(Smolen J, Lipsky P, editors), Martin Dunitz Publishers, The Livery House, 2002, pp. 23-42.
- KONSTANTINOV KN. Nuclear envelope protein autoantibodies. In: Autoantibodies (Peter JB, Shoenfeld, Y., editors), Elsevier Science, 1996, pp.561-566.
- KONSTANTINOV KN and Vejlsgaard G. Cutaneous T cell lymphoma and retinoids. In: Frontiers in Pharmacology and Theurapeutics (R. Marks, editor), Blackwell Scientific Publications, 1991, pp.150-156.
- Lisby G, KONSTANTINOV KN, and Vejlsgaard G. Retroviruses and cutaneous T cell lymphoma. In: CurrProblDermatol, Cutaneous Lymphoma (Vloten WA, Wilemze R, Vejlsgaard G, Thomsen K, editors), Karger, Basel, 1990, pp. 50-68.
- KONSTANTINOV KN. Systemic lupus erythematosus. In: Therapy of skin diseases (Boyanov L, Zlatkov N, editors), MedizinaiFizkultura, Sofia, 1990, pp. 129-133.
- KONSTANTINOV KN. Etiology and pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. In: Systemiclupus erythematosus (Michailov P, editor), MedizinaiFizkultura, Sofia, 1988, pp. 51-64.
- Gupta A, Tzamaloukas AH, KONSTANTINOV KN, Sin Y, Servilla KS, Hartshorne MF. Tumoralcalcinosis in a continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patient. PERITONEAL DYALYSIS INTERNATIONAL, 2008: 28 (Suppl. 1):S31.
- Slough S, Servilla KS, Harford A, KONSTANTINOV KN, Tzamaloukas AH. Role of inflammation in calciphylaxis. PERITONEAL DIALYSIS INTERNATIONAL, 2006: 26 (Suppl. 1):S6.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Daniels M, Yang Li, Gerace L, and Tan EM. Development of an assay to quantitate autoantibodies to lamin B1 in chronic fatigue syndrome. J CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, 1999, 5:127.
- Galcheva-Gargova Z, KONSTANTINOV KN, Davis RJ. Binding of a novel zinc containing protein to the EGF receptor. MOL BIOL CELL, 1996, 7:2994.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Baserga S, Klier G, Turley S, Takeuchi K, and Pollard M. Heavy metal-induced anti-nucleolar autoantibody response targets multiple components of the U3 snoRNP particle. ARTHRITIS RHEUM, 1995, 38:S319.
- Byrd D, Sweet D, Pante N, Aebi U, KONSTANTINOV KN, Guan T, Mitchel P, Cooper C, and Gerace L. Tpr is a 265 kDa protein with a large coiled coil domain which localizes to the peripheral cytoplasmic region of the nuclear pore complex. MOL BIOL CELL, 1994, 5:457.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Shames B, Izuno G, and Liu F-T. BP expression in basal cell carcinoma. J INVEST DERMATOL, 1992, 98:661.
- Obreshkova E, KONSTANTINOV KN, and Sondergaard J. Keratosis lichenoideschronica. ABSTRACTS, 18th World Congress of Dermatology, New York, 1992.
- KONSTANTINOV KN,Halberg P, Wiik A, Ullman S, Hoier-Madsen M, and Galcheva-Gargova Z. Clinical manifestations in patients with antibodies specific for nuclear lamin proteins. CLIN RHEUM, 1990, 9:555.
- KONSTRANTIONV KN, Galcheva-Gargova Z, Hoier-Madsen M, Wiik A, Ullman S, Halberg P, and Vejlsgaard G. Clinical heterogeneity of patients possessing autoantibodies specific for nuclear lamin proteins. CLIN RHEUM, 1990, 9:112.
- KONSTANTINOV KN, Ullman S, Halberg P, Hoier-Madsen M, Wiik A, and Vejlsgaard G. Serum levels of soluble IL-2 receptor and IL-2 in patients with SLE and scleroderma. J INVEST DERMATOL, 1989, 92:463.
Lectures, Talks, and Conferences
- 9th International Congress on Autoimmunity, Nice, France, March 26-30, 2014. Point-of-care quantitation of total antinucleat autoantibodies (ANA) and their components using an electrochemical(EC) biosensor.
- ACR/ARHP Scientific Meeting, Boston, November 14-19, 2014. Study Section Group Meeting of the IUIS/WHO?AF/CDC Autoantibody Standardization Committee in Rheumatic and RelatedDisorders. Panel Discussion on IgG4 spectrum of diseases.
- ACR/ARHP Scientific Meeting, San Diego, October 26-30, 2013. Study Section Group Meeting of the IUIS/WHO/AF/CDC Autoantibody Standardization Committee in Rheumatic and Related Disorders. Panel Discussion on Inflammatory Myopathy.
- ACP New Mexico Chapter Scientific Meeting, October 17-19, 2013. IgG4-related Tubulo-interstitial Nephritis Masquerading as Chronic Kidney Disease (1); Clavicle Mass as Presenting Symptom of SAPHO Syndrome (2).
- 8th Annual Success in the Classroom Sharing Practices that Work, UNM, February 20th, 2013. Cross—Discipline Teaching of Physical Signs and Symptoms: the Example of a Handshake for Medical Students.
- ACR/ARHP Scientific Meeting, Washington DC, November 10-14, 2012. Study Section Group Meeting of the IUIS/WHO/AF/CDC Autoantibody Standardization Committee in Rheumatic and Related Disorders. Point-of-Care Autoantibody Testing in a Rheumatology Setting.
- ACP New Mexico Chapter Scientific Meeting, October 25-27, 2012. Glomerular Disease in Patients with Infectious Processes Developing Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibodies (1); Esophageal Cancer in a Patient with Scleroderma (2).
- ACR/AHRP Scientific Meeting, Chicago, IL, November 5-9, 2011. Study Section Group Meeting of the IUIS/WHO/AF/CDC Autoantibody Standardization Committee in Rheumatic and Related Disorders.Panel Discussion.
- Fourth Annual Mentoring Conference:Learning across Disciplines. Albuquerque, NM, October 26-28, 2011. Rheu-Mythology: Mixing Disciplines in Anticipating a Convergence.
- Third Annual Mentoring Conference:Mentoring Theory and Practice; Learning from the Past & Envisioning the Future. Albuquerque, NM, October 27-29, 2010. The Brave New World of Researchers with Clear Ethical Vision: a Mentor’s Perspective and Challenges
- 2nd Summer Academy of Practical Dermatology and Aesthetic Medicine, Military Medical Academy, Sofia, Bulgaria, June 3 – 6, 2010. Biosensors for Point-Of-Care SLE diagnosis.
- Celebratory Symposium for Ralph Williams, MD. Albuquerque, NM, November 11th, 2005Electrochemical Biosensor Platform for Rapid Monitoring of Autoimmune Diseases.
- FASEB Summer Research Conferences, Autoimmunity, Saxtons River, Vermont, U.S.A., June 11-16, 2005. Human Antibodies Induce Arthritis in Mice Deficient in the Low-Affinity Inhibitory Receptor FcRn.
- Autoimmune Colloquium, The State Serum Institute, Department of Autoimmune Serology, Copenhagen, Denmark, March 29-30, 2004. Antiphospholipid autoantibodies and CNS Receptor activation: myth or reality?
- Health Science Seminar, Stony Brook, State University of New York, N.Y., September 15, 1998. The Fluorescent Antinuclear Antibody Test in Clinical Medicine and Cell Biology.
- 1998. M Phase Phosphoprotein 10 (MPP10) is a Novel Autoantigen of the U3 Small NucleolarRibonucleoprotein.
- 4th International American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Conference, Cambridge, Massachusetts, October 10-12, 1998. Development of an Assay to Quantitate Abutoantibodies to Lamin B1 in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- RNA ’97. The Second Annual Meeting of the RNA Society, Alberta, Canada, May 27-June 1, 1997.
- Specialty Laboratories, Santa Monica, California, June 13, 1997. Autoantibodies in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Cooperative Research Center Meeting, Seattle, April 28-29, 1997.CFS and Parameters of Immunologic Dysfunction.
- 6th International Congress on Cell Biology and the 36th American Society for Cell Biology Annual Meeting, San Francisco, U.S.A., December 7-11, 1996. Binding of a Novel Zinc Containing Protein to the EGF Receptor.
- W.M. Keck Autoimmune Disease Center Seminar, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA, October 28, 1996. Two nucleolar antigens: Zpr1 and p51.
- 2nd American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research and Clinical Conference,San Francisco, U.S.A., October 13-16, 1996. Autoantibodies to Nuclear Envelope Components in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
- Dermatopharmacy Seminar Series, UCSF, San Francisco, California, October 16, 1996. Autoantibodies in Cell Biology and Autoimmunity.
- 3rd Dresden Symposium on Autoantibodies, Dresden, Germany, 26-28 September, 1996. Autoantibodies to Nuclear Envelope and Other Matrix-Associated Antigens in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
- American College of Rheumatology, 59th National Scientific Meeting, San Francisco, U.S.A., October 22-26, 1995. Heavy Metal-Induced Anti-Nucleolar Autoantibody Response Targets Multiple Components of the U3 snoRNP Particle.
- 4th International Workshop on the Molecular and Cell Biology of Autoantibodies and Autoimmunity, Melbourne, Australia, November 15-18, 1995. Heavy Metal-Induced Anti-Nucleolar Autoantibody Response Targets Multiple Components of the U3 snoRNP Particle.
- W.M. Keck Autoimmune Disease Center Seminar, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA, July 31, 1995. Non-fibrillarin U3 snoRNP Protein Share the Cell Cycle Dependent localization of Fibrillarin.
- The American Society for Cell Biology, 34th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, U.S.A., December 10-14, 1994. Tpr is a 265 kDA Protein with a Large Coiled Coil Domain Which Localizes to the Peripheral Cytoplasmic Region of the Nuclear Pore Complex.
- W.M. Keck Autoimmune Disease Center Seminar, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA, June 20, 1994. Fun and Game with Two Fibrillarin-Associated Proteins.
- Specialty Laboratories, Santa Monica, California, March 29, 1993. Novel Autoantibodies againstintegral Lamina-associated Proteins of the Nuclear Envelope in Rheumatic Diseases.
- Clinical Immunology and Arthritis Seminar Series, UCSD, San Diego, California, October 12, 1993. Autoantibodies to Integral Membrane Proteins of the Nuclear Envelope.
- W.M. Keck Autoimmune Disease Center Seminar, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA, May 10, 1993. Expression of EBP in Normal and Neoplastic Human Tissues.
- W.M. Keck Autoimmune Disease Center Seminar, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA, November 23, 1992. Autoantibody to a Cell Cycle Related Nuclear Antigen: Possibly anti-P34cdc2.
- 18th World Congress of Dermatology, New York, U.S.A., June 12-18, 1992. Clinical Manifestations in Patients with Autoantibodies for Nuclear Lamin Proteins (1). Keratosis LichenoidesChronica (2).
- Annual Meeting of the Society for Investigative Dermatology, Baltimore, U.S.A., April 28 - May 3, 1992. EBP expression in Basal Cell Carcinoma.
- 2nd International Workshop on the Molecular and Cell Biology of Autoantibodies and Autoimmunity, San Diego, U.S.A., September 19-21, 1991.
- Immunol. Kollokvium, TTA, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, April 20, 1991. Autoantibodies to nuclerlamins: characterization and clinical significance.
- Annual Meeting of Danish Society for Dermatology and Venerology, 733 Mode,Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, April 3, 1991. Coexistence of localized and systemic Scleroderma.
- 11th European Workshop for Rheumatology Research, Leysin, Switzerland, January 24-27, 1991
- Klinisk-videnskabeligKonference, Bispebjerg Hospital, May 4, 1990. Clinical applications of the polymerase-chin reaction.
- Annual Meeting of Danish Society for Dermatology and Venerology, 732 Mode, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, April 4, 1990. Lipoid Proteinosis (Urbach-Wiethe Disease).
- Clinical Dermatology in the Year 2000, London, U.K., May 22-25, 1990
- 10th European Workshop for Rheumatology Research, Snekkersten, Denmark, April 26-29, 1990.
- Annual Meeting of Danish Society for Dermatology and Venerology, Copenhagen, Denmark, November 25, 1989. Autoantibodies to nuclear lamins A and C in sera of patients with connective tissue diseases.
- Autoimmune Colloquium, The State Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark, September 28, 1989. Autoantibodies to nuclear lamins.
- Autoimmune Colloquium, The State Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark, May 25, 1989. Serum measures of immune activation in SLE and Scleroderma.
- 1st Tri-Continental Joint Meeting of the European Society for Dermatological Research, The Japanese Society for Investigative Dermatology, and The Society for Investigative Dermatology (USA), Washington D.C., U.S.A., April 26-29, 1989. Serum Levelsof soluble IL-2 receptor and IL-2 in patients with SLE and Scleroderma.
- Clinical Scientific Conference, KAS Gentofte, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, August 31, 1988. Antibodies to histones in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Fifth Symposium of Allergology and Clinical Immunology, Varna, Bulgaria, October 4-6, 1985. Disease activity in patients withantibodies to histones in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Annual Cardiology Conference, Sofia, September 12-13, 1978. Comparative hemodynamic and quantitative apexcardiography studies in patients with idiopathic hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.