Peer-Reviewed Original Research Articles
- Peng G, Dixon DA, Muga SJ, Smith TJ, Wargovich MJ. Green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 expression in colon carcinogenesis. Mol Carcinog 45(5):309-19, 5/2006.
- Yoon A*, Peng G*, Brandenburger Y, Zollo O, Xu W, Rego E, Ruggero D. Impairments in IRES-mediated translational control underlie X-linked dyskeratosis congenita. Science 312(5775):902-906, 5/2006. (* co-first author)
- Peng G, Wargovich MJ, Dixon DA. Anti-proliferative effects of green tea polyphenol EGCG on Ha-Ras-induced transformation of intestinal epithelial cells. Cancer Lett 238(2):260-70, 7/2006. e-Pub 9/2005.
- Rai R, Peng G, Li K, Lin SY. DNA damage response: the players, the network and the role in tumor suppression. Cancer Genomics Proteomics 4(2):99-106, Mar-Apr, 3/2007.
- Yim EK,Peng G, Dai H, Hu R, Li K, Lu Y, Mills GB, Meric-Bernstam F, Hennessy BT, Craven RJ, Lin SY. Rak functions as a tumor suppressor by regulating PTEN protein stability and function. Cancer Cell 15(4):304-14, 4/2009. PMCID: PMC2673492.
- Peng G, Yim EK, Dai H, Jackson AP, Burgt I, Pan MR, Hu R, Li K, Lin SY. BRIT1/MCPH1 links chromatin remodelling to DNA damage response. Nat Cell Biol 11(7):865-72, 7/2009. e-Pub 6/2009. PMCID: PMC2714531.
- Peng G, Lin SY. BRIT1/MCPH1 is a multifunctional DNA damage responsive protein mediating DNA repair-associated chromatin remodeling. Cell Cycle 8(19):3071-2, 10/2009. e-Pub 10/2009. PMCID: PMCPMC3419473.
- Peng G, Lin SY. The linkage of chromatin remodeling to genome maintenance: contribution from a human disease gene BRIT1/MCPH1. Epigenetics 4(7):457-61, 10/2009. e-Pub 10/2009. PMCID: PMCPMC3419620.
- Bellodi C, Krasnykh O, Haynes N, Theodoropoulou M, Peng G, Montanaro L, Ruggero D. Loss of function of the tumor suppressor DKC1 perturbs p27 translation control and contributes to pituitary tumorigenesis. Cancer Res 70(14):6026-35, 7/2010. e-Pub 6/2010. PMCID: PMC2913864.
- Tian L, Peng G, Parant JM, Leventaki V, Drakos E, Zhang Q, Parker-Thornburg J, Shackleford TJ, Dai H, Lin SY, Lozano G, Rassidakis GZ, Claret FX. Essential roles of Jab1 in cell survival, spontaneous DNA damage and DNA repair. Oncogene. e-Pub 8/2010.
- Liang Y, Gao H, Lin SY, Peng G, Huang X, Zhang P, Goss JA, Brunicardi FC, Multani AS, Chang S, Li K. BRIT1/MCPH1 is essential for mitotic and meiotic recombination DNA repair and maintaining genomic stability in mice. PLoS Genet 6(1):e1000826, 2010. PMCID: PMC2809772.
- Zhang W, Peng G, Lin SY, Zhang P. DNA damage response is suppressed by high CDK1 activity in mitotic mammalian cells. J Biol Chem 286(41):35899-905. e-Pub 8/2011. PMCID: PMCPMC3195557.
- Pan MR*, Peng G*, Hung WC, Lin SY. Monoubiquitination of H2AX Protein Regulates DNA Damage Response Signaling. J Biol Chem 286(32):28599-607, 8/2011. e-Pub 6/2011. PMCID: PMC3151101. (* co-first author)
- Hu R, Peng G, Dai H, Breuer EK, Stemke-Hale K, Li K, González-Angulo AM, Mills GB, Lin SY. ZNF668 functions as a tumor suppressor by regulating p53 stability and function in breast cancer. Cancer Res 71:6524-6534, 2011. e-Pub 8/2011. PMCID: PMCPMC3193577.
- Pan MR, Hsieh HJ, Dai H, Hung WC, Li K, Peng G*, Lin SY*. Chromodomain helicase DNA-binding protein 4 (CHD4) regulates homologous recombination DNA repair and its deficiency sensitizes cells to poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor treatment. J Biol Chem 287(9):6764-72, 2/2012. e-Pub 1/2012. PMCID: PMC3307306. (* co-corresponding author)
- Peng G, Dai H, Zhang W, Hsieh HJ, Pan MR, Park YY, Tsai RY, Bedrosian I, Lee JS, Ira G, Lin SY. Human nuclease/helicase DNA2 alleviates replication stress by promoting DNA end resection. Cancer Res 72(11):2802-13, 6/2012. e-Pub 4/2012. PMCID: PMC3367086.
- Park YY, Jung SY, Jennings NB, Rodriguez-Aguayo C, Peng G, Lee SR, Kim SB, Kim K, Leem SH, Lin SY, Lopez-Berestein G, Sood AK, Lee JS. FOXM1 mediates Dox resistance in breast cancer by enhancing DNA repair. Carcinogenesis 33(10):1843-53, 10/2012. e-Pub 5/2012. PMCID: PMC3529559.
- Wan G, Mathur R, Hu X, Liu Y, Zhang X, Peng G, and Lu X. Long non-coding RNA ANRIL (CDKN2B-AS) is induced by the ATM-E2F1 signaling pathway. Cell Signal 25(5):1086-95, 5/2013. e-Pub 2/2013. PMCID: PMCPMC3675781.
- Zhang B, Wang E, Dai H, Hu R, Liang Y, Li K, Wang G, Peng G*, & Lin SY*. BRIT1 regulates p53 stability and functions as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer. Carcinogenesis, 34(10):2271-80, 6/2013. e-Pub 6/2013. PMCID: PMC3786380 (* co-corresponding author)
- Wan G, Zhang X, Langley RR, Liu Y, Hu X, Han C, Peng G, Ellis LM, Jones SN, Lu X. DNA damage-induced nuclear export of precursor microRNAs is regulated by the ATM-AKT pathway. Cell Rep 3(6):2100-12, 6/2013. e-Pub 6/2013. PMCID: PMC3796289.
- Meng L, Lin T, Peng G, Hsu JK, Lee S, Lin SY, & Tsai RY. Nucleostemin deletion reveals an essential mechanism that maintains the genomic stability of stem and progenitor cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110(28):11415-20, 2013, 7/2013. PMCID: PMCPMC3710807.
- Hu R, Wang E, Peng G, Dai H, Lin SY. Zinc Finger Protein 668 interacts with Tip60 to promote H2AX acetylation after DNA damage. Cell Cycle 12(13):2033-41, 7/2013. e-Pub 6/2013. PMCID: PMC3737306.
- Zhang Y, Wang H, & Peng G. Identify key links in the DNA repair network regulated by tumor suppressors PTEN and BRCA1 through maximum flow analysis. Far East Journal of Mathematical Sciences (FJMS). In Press.
- Wang H & Peng G. Mathematical model of dynamic protein interactions regulating p53 protein stability for tumor suppression. Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine 2013:(2013),12/2013 doi:10.1155/2013/358980
- Peng G*. Lin CC, Mo W, Dai H, Park YY, Kim SM, Mo QX, Peng Y, Siwko S, Hu R, Lee JS, Hennessy B, Hanash S, Mills G, Lin SY*. Genome-wide transcriptome profiling of the homologous recombination DNA repair. Nature Communications. 5:3361, 02/2014. (* co-corresponding author)
- Peng, G*., Woodman, S.,& Mills, G. (2014) RADical response puts an exceptional responder in CHKmate: a synthetical lethal curative response to DNA-damaging chemotherapy? Cancer Discovery. 09/2014. (*Corresponding author.)
<li> Peng G, Lin SY. Exploiting the homologous recombination DNA repair network for targeted cancer therapy. World J Clin Oncol 2(2):73-79, 2/2011. e-Pub 2/2011. PMCID: PMC3095467.</li>
- Peng G, Wargovich MJ. Chemopreventive effects of green tea on COX-2 expression in human colon cancer cells. AACR meeting, 2004.
- Peng G, Wargovich MJ. Green tea polyphenol EGCG inhibits COX-2 expression in human colon cancer cells. AACR meeting, 2005.
- Peng G, Lin S-Y. BRIT1/MCPH1 links chromatin remodeling to DNA damage response. The 2nd Meeting on Cellular Responses to DNA Damage, Boston, MA, 2008.
- Peng G, Lin S-Y. The role of BRIT1/MCpH1 in chromatin remodeling and DNA damage response. DNA Replication and Genomic Integrity Meeting 2008, San Diego, CA, 2008.
- Lin S-Y, Peng G. The role of BRIT1/MCpH1 in chromatin remodeling and DNA damage response. Maintenance of Genomic Stability Conference, Mexico, 2008.
- Peng G, Lin S-Y. The role of BRIT1/MCPH1 in chromatin remodeling, DNA damage response, and cancer. 8th International Conference of Anticancer Research, 2008.
- Peng G, Lin S-Y. BRIT1/MCPH1 links chromatin remodeling to DNA damage response. Genetic Instability and Cancer Symposium, Houston, 2009.
- Peng G, Lin S-Y. BRIT1/MCPH1 Links Chromatin Remodeling to DNA Damage Response. DLDCC Molecular Carcinogenesis/Cancer Biology Program Symposium, 2010.
- Peng G, Lin, S-Y. The Role of BRIT1 in Genome Maintenance and Cancer Suppression. International Cancer Biology Symposium, Taiwan, 2010.
- Pan M-R, Lin S-Y, Peng G. Chromatin remodeling as a new target for cancer chemoprevention. Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research, Boston, MA, 2011.
- Peng G, Mo W, Mills G B, Lin S-Y. A gene signature that predicts deficiency of homologous recombination DNA repair. Late breaking abstract. AACR Annual Meeting, Washington DC, 2013.
- Peng G, Mills G, Lin S-Y. A molecular portrait of the homologous recombination DNA repair network via genome-wide transcriptome profiling. 18th World Congress on Advances in Oncology and 16th International Symposium on Molecular Medicine, Crete, Greece, 2013.
- Peng G. A molecular portrait of the homologous recombination DNA repair network via genome-wide transcriptome profiling. SCBA Satellite Meeting Genomic and Epigenomic Instability: Causes and Survival Mechanisms of Cancer, Nanjing, China, 2013.
- Peng G, Mo W, Mills G B, Lin S-Y. Gene signature to predict homologous recombination-mediated DNA repair deficiency. Keystone Joint Symposia: Genomic Instability and DNA repair, DNA replication and recombination, Banff, Alberta Canada, 2013.
- Peng G. Targeting cellular survival responses to genomic instability in cancer. Society of Chinese Bioscientists in America the 14th International Symposium, Xi’an, China, 2013.
- Peng G. Targeting cellular survival responses to replication stress as a novel approach for cancer prevention. AACR/JCA Joint Conference: Breakthrough in Basic and Translational Cancer Research, Maui, HI, 2013.
- Peng G. A molecular portrait of the homologous recombination DNA repair network via genome-wide transcriptome profiling, 18th World Congress on Advances in Oncology and 16th International Symposium on Molecular Medicine, Greece, 10/2013
- Peng G. Targeting cellular survival responses to replication stress in cancer. 3rd World Congress on Cancer Science & Therapy, San Francisco, CA, 2013.
- Wang E, Zhang B, Dai H, Lu X, Peng G. BRIT1 promotes ATR signaling through TOPBP1 recruitment to DNA repair sites, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, The Cell Cycle, May 13-17, 2014, New York City, NY
- Peng G, Lin S-Y. A Novel DNA Damage Responsive Protein Dysfunctioned in Primary Microcephaly and Cancer. In: New Research on DNA Damage. Nova Publishers: New York, 99-112, 2008.
- Peng, G. and Lin, S. Y. Emerging roles of BRIT1/MCPH1 in genome maintenance and tumor suppression. In: Tumor Suppressor. Nova Publishers: New York, 2011.
EDITORIAL AND REVIEW ACTIVITIES
Editor/Service on Editorial Board(s)
- Editorial Board Member, Cancer & Clinical Research, 2011−present
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Cytology & Molecular Biology, 2011−present
- Editorial Board Member, Cancer Molecular Targets and Therapeutics, 2014-present
Member of Editorial Review Board
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Biological Reviews, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Breast Cancer Research, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Cancer Medicine, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Cancers, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Current Cancer Drug Targets, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Disease Markers, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Cancer Therapeutics & Research, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Molecular Biosystems, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Molecular Cancer, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Molecular Carcinogenesis, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Mutation Research, 2011
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Nucleic Acids Research, 2013
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Carcinogenesis, 2013
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Oncogene, 2014
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Gene, 2014
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Cancer Clinical Research, 2014
- Ad- Hoc Reviewer, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2014
Other Editorial and Review Activities
- Invited Grant Reviewer, James & Esther King Biomedical Research Program, 2010
- Invited Abstract Reviewer, American Public Health Association (PHA) 140th Annual Meeting, 2012
- Invited Grant Reviewer, The Patton Trust Foundation, 2012
- Invited Abstract Reviewer, American Public Health Association (PHA) 141th Annual Meeting, 2013
- Invited Grant Reviewer, The Bankhead-Coley Cancer Research Program, Florida Department of Health, 2013