Professional Experience (1994 - to date)
Full time employment
- Professor of Environmental Engineering and Recovery (Professor i miljöteknik och återbruk), Department of Natural Sciences, Linnaeus University, Kalmar, Sweden, Jan 2010 - present.
- Professor of Eco-technology with Focus on Innovation Systems (Professor i Ekoteknik med inriktning mot innovationssystem), Mid Sweden University, 2007-2008.
- Professor of Environmental Engineering and Recovery (“Professor i miljöteknik och återbruk”), Department of Technology, University of Kalmar, Kalmar, Sweden, Dec 1999 - Dec 2009.
- Professor and Head, Department of Technology, University of Kalmar, Sweden, 2000-2001.
- Acting Professor, Technical Environmental Science, University of Kalmar, Sweden, 1997-1999.
- Associate Professor, Lund University (LTH/LU), Sweden, 1994-1998.
- Research leader, Division of Waste Management and Recovery, Lund University, 1988-1999.
- Associate Professor (“Universitetslektor”), Department of Water Resources Engineering, Lund University, Sweden, March, 1986 – October, 1994.
- European Engineer, Eur. Ing., 1996.
- Research Leader, Division of Waste Management and Recovery, Department of Water Resources Engineering, Lund University, Sweden, 1988-2000 (sponsored by the Swedish National Board for Industrial and Technical Development, NUTEK) and later the Swedish National Energy Administration (Energimyndigheten).
- Research and Teaching Assistant (“Forsknings- och övningsassistent”), Department of Water Resources Engineering, Lund University, Sweden, September, 1978 – March, 1986.
Part-time employment (2003 – to date)
- Professor of Eco-Technology with Focus on Innovation Systems, Mid Sweden University, Östersund, Sweden, 2007-2008 (50% of full time).
- Professor, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden, 2003-2007 (part time).
Honors & Awards
- Medal for “Nit och redlighet i rikets tjänst” (Zealous and devotedservice to the state work during 30 years in the Service of Swedish State), awarded on 2008.12.16 at Kalmar Castle.
- Medal for longstanding support for scientific and educational cooperation between Russia and Sweden, for organizing the Forum “ECOBALTICA”, for “Devotion to Science”. Award presented byProf. Michael Fiodorov, Rector, St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Fabio Kaczala (WH PhD supervisor), 2010, School of Natural Science, awarded the Linnaeus Grant worth SEK 500,000 for the continuation of his research into ecological and sustainable development.
- Eva Kumar (WH PhD supervisor), 2014, School of Natural Science, awarded the Linnaeus Grant worth SEK 500,000 for the continuation of her research into ecological and sustainable development.
Editorial Board of Scientific Journals
- Editor-in-Chief for Open Waste Management Journal, ISSN: 1876-4002.
- Serving/served as a reviewer for:
- Ambio, ISSN: 0044-7447.
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research, ISSN: 0944-1344.
- Nordic Hydrology, ISSN: 0029-1277.
- Waste Management and Research, Denmark, ISSN: 0734-242X, 1999-present.
- International Journal of Integrated Waste Management, Science and Technology, USA, ISSN: 0956-053X, 2000-present.
- Waste Management, 2000-present.
- Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2000-present.
- Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association, ISSN: 1073-161X, 2003-present.
- Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Japan, 2004-present.
- The Estonian Academy of Sciences, 2005-present.
- The Open Waste Management Journal, 2008-present.
- International Journal of Latin American Applied Research, 2008-present.
- Anais da Academia Brasileira de Ciências, 2008-present.
- Open Waste Management Journal, 2008-present, ISSN: 1876-4002.
- Indian Sciences Publishers, 2008-present.
- International Journal of Environment and Waste Management (IJEWM), 2009-present.
- Water Research, IWM, 2009-present.
- Journal of Environmental Engineering, 2009-present.
- Brazilian Academy of Sciences, 2008-present.
- Journal of Environmental Technology, 2011-present.
- Journal of Cleaner Production, 2011--present.
- Journal of Industrial Ecology, 2012–present.
- Journal of Science and Pollution Research, 2013–present
- Journal of Hazardous Toxicity and Radioactive Waste, 2013-present
- Journal of Applied GeoChemsitry, 2014-present
Active member of the following journals:
- Acta Science, Technology and Management
- Amer-Eurasian J Agri & Environ Sci
- American-Eurasian Journal of Toxicological Sciences
- European Journal of Applied Sciences
- International Journal of Water Resources & Environmental Sciences
- World Engineering & Applied Sciences Journal (WEASJ)