University Hospital “Alexandrovska”
Phone: +359 888 405 382
|2013||PhD||Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
|1988||MD/MSc||Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
A medical doctor, practicing at University Hospital “Alexandrovska” in Sofia, Bulgaria and a Lecturer in Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Laboratory at various universities in country: Medical Faculty of University in Stara Zagora, Humanitarian University in a town Blagoevgrad.
I have 20 years of medical research experience in the field of gestational diabetes, diabetes, metabolic changes in obesity, adipose tissue and adipokines. My current research activity focuses on the connection between trace elements, Vitamin D status and pregnancy, gestational diabetes and fatty tissue.
I have participated in large number scientific meetings, conferences, and conferences both nationally and internationally. I have authored over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles, textbook chapters as well as over 80 scientific communications and reports. Active member in a few multidisciplinary research projects, peer reviewer for PhD disertation, scientific projects, articles.
- Gestational diabetes
- Metabolic changes in obesity, adipose tissue and adipokines
Teaching and Working Experience
|2017 - Present||Lecturer in Clinical Chemistry (undergraduate level)
Lecturer in Clinical laboratory (postgraduate level)
|Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
|2017 - Present||Invited Lecturer in Clinical Chemistry (undergraduate level; classes taught in English||Medical University of Stara Zagora, Bulgaria|
|1996 - Present||Lecturer in Practice-based Clinical Laboratory and (undergraduate and postgraduate level; classes taught in Bulgarian and English)||Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
|2017||Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Laboratory||Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
|2017||Invited Lecturer in Clinical Chemistry (nurses and midwives training)||Southwest University Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria|
|2000||Senior Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Laboratory||Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
||Medical University Sofia, Bulgaria|
- Member of Bulgarian Physician Union
- Member of Bulgarian Society of Clinical laboratory
- Member of Bulgarian Society of Endocrinology
Competence and Skills
Clinical Trial and Research Experience including GCP Training:
|SYR 325 International Clinical Comparative Study for efficacy and safety of treatment with DPP-4 inhibitors and metformin in T2DM patient, III phase.||2007|
|International Clinical Trial for efficacy and safety /Servier/||2003-2004|
|International Clinical Trial for efficacy and safety /Novo Nordisk/||2003|
|International Clinical Trial for efficacy and safety /Debiofarm/||2002|
|International Clinical Trial for efficacy and safety /Novo Nordisk/||2002|
|International Clinical Trial for efficacy and safety of Amaril /Hochst/||1999|
|International Clinical Trial for efficacy and safety of Maninil /Berlin-Chemie/||1998|
- Genova М., Atanasova B, Todorova K. "Body mass index and insulin sensitivity/resistance: crosstalk in gestational diabetes, normal pregnancy and beyond”- IN: Ayşe Emel Őnal (ed). Body-mass Index and health. London, 2018, 19-32.
- Genova M.,Todorova K., Atanasova B. Monography. Diagnostic approach for assessment of beta cell function during pregnancy and after delivery. Clinical significance and interpretation. LAP LAMBERT Academic publishing. 2015.
- M. Genova, A. Tzontcheva - Determination of glucose in blood and other biological fluids. IN: Guide to practical trainings in clinical chemistry students-Medical University. Editor: Prof. Dr. Kamen Tzatchev, Publisching House: Lax book, 2014.
- M. Genova, K. Tzatchev, B. Atatnasova - Electrolytes – K, Na, Cl, Ca, Mg, P. IN: Guide to practical trainings in clinical chemistry students-Medical University. Editor: Prof. Dr. Kamen Tzatchev, Publisching House: Lax book, 2014.
- K. Tzatchev, M. Genova, N. Denikova – Acid- base balance and imbalamce. Guide to practical trainings in clinical chemistry students-Medical University. Editor: Prof. Dr. Kamen Tzatchev, Publisching House: Lax book, 2014.
- M. Genovа, B. Atanasovа, I. Ivanova, K. Todorova and D. Svinarov. Trace elements and vitamin D in gestational diabetes.Acta Medica Bulgarica, Vol. XLV, 2018, № 1 // Scientifi c review 45-49.
- Mekov E, Y. Slavova, A.Tsakova, M. Genova, D. Kostadinov, D. Minchev, D. Marinova; M.Tafradjiiska. Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency in hospitalized COPD patients. PLoS ONE. 2015, 10 (6) :е0129080. eISSN -1932-6203.
- Mekov E, Y. Slavova, M. Genova, A. Tsakova, D. Kostadinov, D. Minchev, D. Marinova, M. Boyanov. Diabetes mellitus type 2 in hospitalized COPD patients: impact on comorbities abd exacerbations. Доклади на Българската академия на науките (Comptes rendus de l’Académie bulgare des Sciences) 2015, том 68, 9:1191-1198. Journal ISSN 1310-133.
- M.P.Genova, K. Todorova – Ananieva, B. Atanasova and K. Tzatchev. Proinsulin in healthy pregnancy, pregnancy with gestational diabetes and after delivery. Acta Medica Bulgarica. 2014, vol. XLI; (1): 13-21. ISSN 0324-1750.
- M.P.Genova, K. Todorova – Ananieva, B. Atanasova and K. Tzatchev. Plasma and Intracellular Erythrocyte Magnesium Levels in Healthy Pregnancy and Pregnancy with Gestational Diabetes. IJSR - INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH, 2014,3; (6):326-329. Journal ISSN 2277-8179.
- M.P.Genova , K. Todorova – Ananieva and K. Tzatchev. Impact of body mass index on insulin sensitive/ resistance in pregnant women with and without gestational diabetes mellitus. Acta Medica Bulgarica. 2013, vol. XV; (2): 60-67. ISSN 0324-1750.
- Srebrena Atanasova, M. Shipkova, D. Svinarov, A. Mladenova, M. Genova, E. Wieland, M. Oellerih, N.von Ahsen. Analysis of ITPA Phenotype-Genotype Correlation in the Bulgarian Population Revealed a Novel Gene Variant in Exon 6. Ther. Drug. Monit. 2007, 1: 6-10. Journal ISSN-0163-4356.
- Todorova – Ananieva K., E. Konova, M.Genova. Pregnancy Outcomes in Women with Type 1 Diabetes Treated with Long Acting Insulin Analogs. A Case Control Study. Acta Medica Bulgarica. 2010, vol. XXXVII; (2): 21-31. Journal ISSN 0324-1750.
- K. Todorova, E. Konova, M. Genova and K. Tzachev. Antithyroid antibodies and miscarriages. Acta Mediсa Bulgarica . 2007, Vol XXXIV,(1):7-13. Journal ISSN 0324-1750.
- Paskalev Е., L. Lambreva, N. Koicheva, B. Beleva, M. Genova, R Markovska, A. Nashkov. Serum cystatin C in renal transplant patients. Clinica chimica acta. 2001, 310; (1):53-56. Journal ISSN 0009-8981.