Professor & HOD
- Department of Community Medicine
GDMC, Dehradun, India
|Qualification||Institution||From||To||% Obtained & remarks|
|PhD (Pursuing)||IIHMR, Jaipur||2015||-|
DNB (Social and Preventive Medicine)
Passed in 2013
MD in Social and Preventive Medicine
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||December 2003||December 2006||Passed in first attempt|
|M.B.B.S||King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, India||March 1996||December 2000||56.11%|
|Intermediate (12th)||Chacha Nehru Inter College, Govind Nagar, Kanpur, India||June 1993||67.6%|
|High School (10th)||St. Francis Xavier’s Higher Secondary School, Ashok Nagar, Kanpur, India||July 1991||72.7%|
Dr. Bhola Nath is working as Associate Professor at Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Government Institute of Medical Science and Research, Srinagar India. He completed his MD in Social and Preventive Medicine at King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. He also worked as associate professor at GGS Medical College, India. He authored books, book chapters and many articles in peer reviewed journals. He is a member of Indian Public Health Association, Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine and Indian Society of Medical Statistics.
Dr. Bhola Nath’s research interests focuses on Public Health and Community Medicine.
- Worked as co-investigator in the ICMR funded research project “A study to evaluate the implementation of Village Health and Nutrition Days (VHND) in Uttarakhand” from 15th Feb 2013 to 15 Dec 2013 conducted by AIIMS Rishikesh.
- Supervised the thesis of MD student on “An epidemiological study of Hypertension among adults in rural population of Meerut district, Uttar Pradesh” as co-guide.
- Supervised the STS project on “Morbidity Pattern & Quality of Life among DOTS cured patients” in 2013
- Supervised “Problem Solving for Better Health” (PSBH) projects of MBBS students at SMC, Meerut.
- Conducted few self funded research studies and published papers.
- Worked as Medical Officer in the “Clinical trial on the use of Pen shaped Inhaler for the patients of Asthma” at KGMU, Lucknow
- Worked as Field investigator in the survey on “Clinico epidemiological study of health effects of drinking Arsenic contaminated water in UP.”
- Worked as Field investigator in “Prevalence and awareness of Cancer Campaign” in GGSMC, Faridkot
- External Monitor in National Polio Surveillance Project, WHO in Faridkot, Punjab in January and March 2012.
- Worked in “Health and awareness campaign in condition of emergency, Srinagar” in month of July, 2013
- Organized a 7 days Health camp under NSS in Shweet Village, Uttrakhand from 6th to 12th Feb. 2014.
- 3rd prize in Poster Presentation in International Conference on Health Occupation and Environment in Unorganized Sector– Problems and Roadmap, ITRC, Lucknow in November, 2004
- Nath B, Kumari R, Tripathi A, Shukla A, Midha T. Quality of life among DOTS (Directly observed treatment short course) patients: a cross-sectional study. East African Journal of Public Health EAJPH,2014 Vol11 (4); 853-861.
- Nath B, Kumari R, Tripathi A, Shukla A, Midha T. A study on assessment of symptoms and functionality in DOTS cured patients in two districts of Garhwal, Uttarakhand. Indian journal of Tuberculosis 62 (2015) 97-104.
- Nath B, Rao YK, Midha T, Kumari R, Martolia D.S., Kaur.S. Beyond Universal Immunization Programme: A study on the awareness of caregivers and utilization of optional vaccines in children aged 18-35 months in Kanpur IJFCM.2014;1(1):27-34.
- Gupta S, Nath B, Kumari R, Padda P, Singh G, Ghanshyam. Prevalence of Cancer In The Malwa Region of Punjab- A Cross Sectional Study. Int J Cont Med Res. 2015;2(2)
- Saxena V, Kumar P, Kumari R, Nath B, Pal R. Availability of Village Health and Nutrition Day services in Uttarakhand, India. J Fam Med Primary Care 2015;4:251-6
- Nath B, Kumari R, Kamboj N. National Social Service Scheme: Integration in Medical Education. Ind J Comm Health. 2014;26(1): 01-02
- Nath B, Midha T, Kumari R, Gupta S. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Influenza A (H1N1) among senior secondary school students of Kanpur city in north India. IJCH; July- Sep 2014: Vol 26 (3):303-307
- Saxena V, Kumari R, Kumar P, Nath B, Pal R. Planning and preparation of VHND through convergence: Sharing experiences from Uttarakhand. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health.2014;70(4)309.
- Nath B, Kumari R, Midha T, Vaswani ND, Lekhwani S. Profession of barbering: Unexplored issues in HIV/AIDS. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. Published Online 2012; I-6
- Midha T, Lalchandani A, Nath B, Kumari R, Pandey U. Prevalence of isolated diastolic hypertension and associated risk factors among adults in Kanpur, India. Indian Heart J. 2012 Jul-Aug; 64(4):374-9.
- Gupta M, Parashar P, Nath B, Bansal R. An epidemiological study on hypertension and its dietary correlates in rural population of Meerut. Indian Journal of Community Health, April 2012;24 (2):161-165
- Kumari R, Nath B, Midha T, Vaswani ND, Lekhwani S. Morbidity Profile and Seasonal Variation of Diseases in a Primary Health Centre in Kanpur District – A tool for the Health Planners. Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. July2012, Vol-1 Issue-2,p 86-91
- Krishna A, Nath B, Dhir GG, Kumari R, Budhiraja V, Singh K. Study on epidemiology of cutaneous amyloidosis in northern India and effectiveness of Dimethylsulphoxide in cutaneous amyloidosis. Indian Dermatology Online Journal 2012; 3: 182-6.
- Midha T, Nath B, Kumari R, Rao YK, Lekhwani S, Vaswani ND, Pandey U. Clinical predictors of Influenza A (H1N1) in Kanpur, India. Journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 110, No 1, Jan 2012, p 22-24.
- Gupta AN, Nath B, Kumari R, Midha T, Goyal P. Assessment of Nutritional status of senior secondary school students of Kanpur. Indian Journal Of Maternal and Child Health, Volume : 13(1) Year : Jan – Mar 2011
- Midha T, Nath B, Kumari R, Rao YK, Pandey U. Prevalence and determinants of obesity in the adult population of Kanpur district- A population based study. Journal of Indian Medical Association, Volume: August Year : 2011, p 14-18.
- Midha T, Nath B, Kumari R, Goyal P, Pandey U. Breastfeeding Practices in Rural Kanpur – A Cross-sectional Study. Indian Journal Of Maternal and Child Health, Volume : 12(1) Year : Jan – Mar 2010.
- Kumari R, Nath B. Study on the use of tobacco among male medical students in Lucknow, India. Indian Journal of Community Medicine, Volume:33, Issue:2, Year:2008, Page:100-103.
- Nath B, Singh JV, Awasthi S, Bhushan V, Singh SK, Kumar V. KAP Study on Immunization of Children in a City of North India – A 30 Cluster Survey. Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences (OJHAS), Jan-Mar Year: 2008;1:2.
- Nath B, Singh JV, Awasthi S, Bhushan V, Singh SK, Kumar V. A study on determinants of immunization coverage among 12- 23 months old children in urban Slums of Lucknow District, India. . Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, Year: 2007, Volume: 61, Issue: 11, Page: 598-606
- Nath B, Kumari R. Environmental Management for Malaria Control. The Journal of Communicable Diseases, Vol.38, March: 2006, page 181-184
- Midha T, Krishna V, Nath B, Kumari R, Rao YK, Pandey U, Kaur S. Cut-off of body mass index and waist circumference to predict hypertension in Indian adults. World Journal of Clinical Cases, July 2014; 2(7):272:278.
- Midha T, Nath B, Kumari R, Rao YK, Pandey U Prevalence of Hypertension in India: A meta-analysis. World Journal of Meta-analysis, August 2013, Vol 1(2):p83-89
- Midha T, Nath B, Kumari R, Rao YK, Pandey U. Childhood Obesity in India: A Meta-Analysis. Indian J Pediatr. Oct 2011.
- Pandey U, Kumari R, Nath B, Ganesh S, Banerjee I, Hasan OM, Midha T, Pandey S. Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme, methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase and paraoxonase gene polymorphism and coronary artery disease in an Indian population. Cardiology Journal 2011, Vol. 18, No. 4, p 385-394
- Nath B, Singh JV, Awasthi S, Bhushan V, Singh SK, Kumar V. Client Satisfaction with immunization services: A Study from North India. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Vol. 76-May, 2009 pp-479.
- Nath B, Kumari R, Midha T. Utilization of the health care delivery system in a district of North India. East African journal of Public Health , Vol. 5, No. 3, 2008, pp. 147-153
Total Publications as First author: 9 (Nine); Second author: 10 (Ten)
CHAPTERS and BOOKS
- Author of a book on "Essentials of Immunization" (ISSN No. 9788123928975) from CBS publishers and Distributors Pvt Ltd, New Delhi.
- Author of a chapter entitled “Effect of Disaster and its management” in the module on “Post disaster health improvement and management of psychosocial effect” in collaboration with Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Government of Uttarakhand
- Co- author on two chapters on “International health” and “Global Opportunities for Biomedical research” in the modules for M Phil. Translational Medicine Program, KGMU, Lucknow
- Prepared Distance Learning Modules on Basic Sanitation, Indigenous resources in MCH and Home assessment of Elderly Patients in Subharti Medical College.