|1970-1978||Completed nine semesters in the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa.|
|1982-1983||Ph.D. in Philosophy (dissertation: “Time Asymmetry Revisited”)-California Miramar University (formerly: Pacific Western University), California, USA.|
|1982-1985||Graduate of numerous courses in Finance Theory and International Trading in the UK and USA.|
Sam Vaknin is the author of Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited as well as many other books and eBooks about topics in psychology, relationships, philosophy, economics, international affairs, and award-winning short fiction. He is Visiting Professor of Psychology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia and Professor of Finance and Psychology in CIAPS (Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies).
He was the Editor-in-Chief of Global Politician and served as a columnist for Central Europe Review, Pop Matters, eBookWeb, and Bellaonline, and as a United Press International (UPI) Senior Business Correspondent. He was the editor of mental health and Central East Europe categories in The Open Directory and Suite101. His YouTube channels garnered 20,000,000 views and 85,000 subscribers.
- Personality Disorders
|1979 to 1983||Founder and co-owner of a chain of computerised information kiosks in Tel-Aviv, Israel.|
|1982 to 1985||Senior positions with the Nessim D. Gaon Group of Companies in Geneva, Paris and New-York.|
|1985 to 1986||Represented Canadian Venture Capital Funds in Israel.|
|1986 to 1987||General Manager of IPE Ltd. in London|
|1988 to 1990||Co-founder and Director of “Mikbats-Tesuah”, a portfolio management firm based in Tel-Aviv.|
|1990 to Present||Freelance consultant to many of Israel's Blue-Chip firms.|
|1990 to 1995||President of the Israel chapter of the Professors World Peace Academy.|
|1993 to 1994||Co-owner and Director of The Omega and Energy Air-Conditioning Concern, AVP Financial Consultants and Handiman Legal Services.|
|1993 to 1996||Publisher and Editor of a Capital Markets Newsletter and Assistant in the Law Faculty in Tel-Aviv University.|
|1996 to 1999||Financial consultant to leading businesses in Macedonia, Russia and the Czech Republic.|
|1999 to 2002||Economic Advisor to the Government of the Republic of Macedonia and to the Ministry of Finance.|
|2001 to 2003||Senior Business Correspondent for United Press International (UPI).|
|2005||Associate Editor and columnist, Global Politician; Founding Analyst, The Analyst Network; Contributing Writer, American Chronicle.|
|2007-2008||Columnist and analyst in “Nova Makedonija”, “Fokus”, and “Kapital”.|
|2008-2011||Member of the Steering Committee for the Advancement of Healthcare in the Republic of Macedonia; Advisor to the Minister of Health of Macedonia.|
|2011||Teaches at CIAPS (Center for International and Advanced Professional Studies).|
|2017-2018||Visiting Professor of Psychology in Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia.|
|1997||Israel's Council of Culture and Art Prize for Maiden Prose.|
|1976||The Rotary Club Award for Social Studies.|
|1978||The Bilateral Relations Studies Award of the American Embassy in Israel.|
- Member of the Steering Committee for the Advancement of Healthcare in the Republic of Macedonia.
- Member of CFACT Board of Advisors.
- “Managing Investment Portfolios in States of Uncertainty”, Limon Publishers, Tel-Aviv, 1988.
- “The Gambling Industry”, Limon Publishers, Tel-Aviv, 1990.
- “Requesting My Loved One: Short Stories”, Miskal-Yedioth Aharonot, Tel-Aviv, 1997.
- “The Suffering of Being Kafka” (electronic book of Hebrew and English Short Fiction), Prague, 1998-2004.
- “The Macedonian Economy at a Crossroads-On the Way to a Healthier Economy” (dialogues with Nikola Gruevski), Skopje, 1998.
- “The Exporter’s Pocketbook” Ministry of Trade, Republic of Macedonia, Skopje, 1999.
- “Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited”, Narcissus Publications, Prague, 1999-2007.
- The Narcissism, Psychopathy, and Abuse in Relationships Series (E-books regarding relationships with abusive narcissists and psychopaths), Prague, 1999-2010.
- Personality Disorders Revisited (e-book about personality disorders), Prague, 2007.
- “After the Rain-How the West Lost the East”, Narcissus Publications in association with Central Europe Review/CEENMI, Prague and Skopje, 2000.